Connecting Brands to their Audiences

Revolution Creatives continues to be on the front lines of website design and development, helping businesses create a web presence that cuts through the white noise and directly impacts their intended audience.

We believe the power of a single, great idea, brought to life through design and technology, can transform an average company into an unforgettable powerhouse. We’ve entered into an era in which success is not determined by the number of account executives that round your conference tables, but by the power of the internet and those that are willing to engage fearlessly with it. With RMG at the helm, your company has greater potential to grow and prosper than ever before. The Internet is the great equalizer, if you know how to harness it. And we unequivocally do.

2004
San Francisco, CA
  • 156 2nd Street
    San Francisco, CA 94105
  • United States

Williams-Sonoma, Robert Mondavi, Rochon Industries, Hirease, FLM.TV, Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, Bavarian Nordic, Partnership for Children & Youth, Activz Nutrition, Abunda Solutions

Duka Shope Image

Duka Shope

Website and brand creation for this boutique clothing e-commerce shop.

JetStream Branding Image

JetStream Branding

Created a complete branding system for a leading Cloud Server Security firm.

Activz Nutrition Image

Activz Nutrition

Created branding, packaging, and website overhaul for this Natural Foods and Supplement company.

Bicyclette Patisserie Image

Bicyclette Patisserie

Website design and development for a small start-up bakery in San Francisco.

Bavarian Immunotherapy Image

Bavarian Immunotherapy

Created a new website for a cancer immunotherpy research firm in the Silicon Valley.

MixtGreens Image

MixtGreens

MixtGreens approached us for creating some websiite prototypes for possible new designs.

User Experience Research for Global Travel Company

“They were focused on understanding the problem and the market.”

Apr. 2016 - Mar. 2017

Revolution Creatives conducted UX research and provided consultancy services, also developing a prototype website. They focused on exploring options for a high-level concept and creating a design.

10,000 + Employees

Tokyo, Japan
Global Corporate Advisor, JTB

Though the project was halted for internal reasons, the work completed by Revolution Creatives was excellent. They put together fruitful recommendations and were able to ensure the company’s board members understood the project’s necessity.

JTB is a Japanese travel company. I work as a corporate advisor, mainly on the digital side and I manage some of the core systems, both online and offline. I also work with our engineers and designers on the UX side.

What challenge were you trying to address with Revolution Creatives?

We operate mainly in Japan, but we were looking for some global talent to take our UX to the next level. As we compete with global players we were looking for someone with experience in that market. As a large national company covering a lot of users, we wanted to work with a company that’s good at brand and website building.

We were focused on entering the US market, so we built a lot of case studies and documents explaining the differences between that and the Japanese market to our board members. After this persuasive phase, we started looking for talented people who could actually deliver.

We hired their principal people to design the high-level concept, in order for us to report to the board members and have them see what it would look like in a few years’ time. They also built a prototype website for us.

We had some internal issues around the question of hiring an international team as many of our staff don’t speak English. In the end, we worked with their principal engineer and principal designer—around three to four people in total, mainly for prototyping a website.

How did you come to work with Revolution Creatives?

I engaged with Jamie (Founder and Design Director, Revolution Creatives) through a contact in San Francisco.

We worked together from April 2016–March 2017.

There are clear differences between the Japanese and American software industries. When we started, our management didn’t understand what user/customer experience and insights meant, so in the first year, we concentrated on explaining those concepts. It was a tough job, but it was significant for our organization to understand that we had issues on the UX side.

In the end, the project didn’t start because of political issues. Once our management had a grasp of the concept, they concentrated on starting a team, and chose to do it in Japan so they could have direct communication with the engineers.

How did Revolution Creatives perform from a project management standpoint?

I visited San Francisco every three weeks, and Jamie (Founder, Revolution Creatives) came to Japan 2–3 times per year. I talked to them daily and directly managed the team.

They didn’t have a lot of information on the Japanese industry and market, so it took some time to educate them on that. They were focused on understanding the problem and the market through research and their visits, so the project turned out well in the end.

They were really down to earth, and I liked how they took advantage of opportunities. We interviewed a lot of people, but one of the things I liked about Revolution was their willingness to work with us. When we were wrapping up, they knew that it was due to the leadership in Japan, and they responded professionally. They helped us until the end and were honest. There were no issues, even though we closed the project in two weeks, on very short notice.

Jamie has to be persuaded to take a project to the next phase. She’s been in this industry for a long time and is proactive in collecting information but persuading her takes a bit of time. I took this as a positive thing, given that we were handing over some elements of control, in a sense.

We’ve had a really good experience with them. Their attitude and productivity were always good.

Overall Score There were many unexpected issues with this project, but I had confidence in their team, and they were loyal.
    There were time differences, but Jamie was always strict about our communication and she remained awake at night.
    There are huge differences between the Japanese and US markets. The value was good for us.
    They can solve any problem and difficulty the client may have.
    I’d refer them to someone facing the same challenges as us.

UI/UX Research Design for School Management System

“She’s got all the right skills and produces designs that people like.”

July 2016 - Mar. 2018

Revolution Creatives developed template families for websites. They started by collecting data from a focus group and doing analysis and then, designed high-res templates and designs for individual modules.

Mark Gross
Former CEO, School Loop

The Revolution Creatives’ designs are popular with users, and their tailor-made work captured the essence of the users’ needs. They offer a superior level of expertise from their vast experience combined with strong dedication and good communication. Their talent is a strong value for a fair price.

I’m the former CEO of School Loop, a school management system.

What challenge were you trying to address with Revolution Creatives?

One of our services is a CMS for K–12 school districts. We needed to create template families for districts to select as their websites.

Jamie (Founder/Design Director, Revolution Creatives) helped us conduct the research and designed a set of options that became the basis for the template family that we offered to the industry.

Initially, they worked with me to understand what I was trying to accomplish and the scope of work. Jamie interviewed the focus group to gather the information she needed. Then, she executed the research and analysis and took those findings and developed the designs. The deliverable was a set of high-res templates and designs for individual modules like a style sheet with CSS.

She did several projects for me. She continues building on this template family.

I only interacted with Jamie.

How did you come to work with Revolution Creatives?

She was recommended. I interviewed her along with several other companies.

It cost $15,000.

We worked together from July 2016 until March 2018.

We created multiple options internally and with two different firms. Hers are by far the most popular.

How did Revolution Creatives perform from a project management standpoint?

She’s high-level, extremely responsible, and responsive. She’s strong-minded, smart, and good. I communicated with Jamie often.

She’s exceptionally sharp. She knows the space and has a great deal of experience in the work I needed to be done.

You can trust her with your customers. They didn’t just do random designs. I assigned them to a district, and they worked with my customers and executed a project for that district. She’s got all the right skills and produces designs that people like. They’re not just pretty, but functional.

She’s punctual and organized.
    She was truly affordable. It was a good value.

Insulation Company Web Design

"The look and the feel that we received from Revolution Media Group was exactly what we were looking for."

Revolution Media group created and now updates 3 websites for a manufacturer of installation products. The main goal was to facilitate updates for non-IT employees.

Tarboro, NC
Marketing Specialist, Insulation Products Company

Revolution Media Group excels at understanding what is needed and delivering on project goals. The team provided excellent design work and was easy to work with overall.

Please describe your company.

We’re a manufacturer of installation products.

What is your role?

I’m in marketing.

What was the business challenge you were trying to address for the work with Revolution Media Group?

We’ve actually done three websites with them, and we were updating those websites. One site was a brand new one, and two others were updates.

What was your business goal for the website work?

Part of it was for me to be able to update the websites myself instead of having to go to an outside source. That was the first goal. For the latest website, one of the goals was to have a blog type news page, and then the rest of the website needed a more updated look so it would be easier to find information.

What was your process for selecting Revolution Media Group to work with?

They were referred to me by one of my sister companies.

Can you provide a sense of the size of the initiative with a general dollar figure?

It was a four-figure engagement.

Can you describe the scope of their work in more detail?

They just did Web design work, there was nothing else involved.

When was that last project completed?

We launched it on November 1, 2013.

How has Revolution Media Group performed?

Great. They’re very easy to work with.

Do you have any statistics or metrics to track improvement from the project?

We don’t have metrics yet because we just launched it. We’re just doing webinars to announce the new website. This initiative was through a new product that we introduced. We wanted to revamp our company image and introduce this new product. That is the reason that we got them to redesign the website. I haven’t had any feedback on the site yet.

Is there anything unique or special about Revolution Media Group that stands out compared to IT vendors you may have encountered?

I would say their ability to understand and ask the right questions and deliver the product without having to have multiple iterations, is unique. The look and the feel that we received from Revolution Media Group was exactly what we were looking for. I appreciate that, so I continue to use them.

Looking back on that work, is there any area that you think they could improve upon or something you might do differently?

For this project, no improvements are necessary. We had a very quick turnaround time. They worked with me. They really met all of the goals that we had set, and even gave me something that I wasn’t expecting. The auto-sizing of the website was a great perk. It was an unexpected surprise to be able to receive that feature.

HR Software Firm Website Redesign

"For the most part, they’re the go-to company that I speak to for design projects."

Revolution Media Group works in a flexible strategy role for an HR software company which facilitates background screening. The team has worked on branding, product launch, and product integration.

Raleigh, NC
CEO, HR Software Firm

Revolution Media Group has reasonable prices and offers great value. The team excels at communicating an uncluttered visual design without sacrificing functionality. The principal, Jamie Leighton, is very passionate about what she does and provides high-quality service.

Please describe your company.

We are an HR software and accredited background screening company. We have different software products that help human resources facilitate all their responsibilities.

What is your role and responsibilities?

I’m the CEO. I manage the company overall and focus on our marketing initiative.

What was your goal for working with Revolution Media Group?

I’ve worked with Revolution Media Group on several different projects, and they’ve been very helpful as far as brainstorming, helping polish the branding, launching new products, folding in acquired products into our products line. They’ve done a few website revisions with me and builds on different sites as well as helping to continue to reflect the company as it’s grown and expanded. They’ve also presented a design with our software products, which is representative of the division for the software.

Please describe the scope of their work during the Web revision project?

We had initial discussions regarding our strategy, who we’re trying to reach, and representing that in visual ways. It was a consultation of what’s trending and how to adjust what we have into those trends. It folded in some of the backend design work and management to make that happen.

What was your process for selecting Revolution Media Group to work with?

I was referred to Revolution Media Group, and they were in our area. We’ve utilized them ever since. This was about three years ago.

Let’s keep that confidential. For what they do, they’re extremely reasonable and they have tremendous value.

When was that work completed?

I just hired them again, so we’ve had different projects. I reach out to them every six months because they do such a phenomenal job. There are constantly projects where I ask for their input as long as I can get on their schedule.

Do you have any statistics or metrics to track improvement from the project?

The biggest feedback from client and prospects was positive. Their strength is being able to communicate and present a visual design that’s very uncluttered, and makes it feel more manageable and approachable. With the feedback that I receive from prospects and current clients, it was very successful. Everybody loved the new look, loved the streamlined simplicity and the feel of it, that the site was really navigable. From that perspective, it was quite a success.

What I like about Jamie [Leighton, the principal at revolution Media Group] is that she’s very frank. You know she’s passionate about what she does, so she’s always on top of what’s trending and evaluating what’s successful, what’s not, and what people like. She’s very frank in her discussions, so she’ll call you out on things, and she’ll tear apart things that you might have done or you might have launched. You know it’s coming from someone who’s knowledgeable, and who’s passionate about what they do. So, I think it’s a very strong point.

She’s someone that you can respect. She’s very good at what she does. She’s a talented person, and it’s easy to have an open dialogue because she presents some very valid points. She can open up your vision as to what you might have thought was a good idea, and then she presents these alternative viewpoints and perspectives so that you really understand conceptually why that’s not a good idea.

I really think very highly of them, and I constantly try to reach out. I think it would be nice if they had some partner companies because they focus on the Web. If they had some other companies she could refer for print graphics, video, and other marketing pieces, that would be nice. If you respect someone you’re working with, you want their referrals. For the most part, they’re the go-to company that I speak to for design projects.

I have referred them out, but it’s always with the understanding that if they take on more work, they can’t forget about me.

Management Consultancy Web Design

"They’re very reasonable for their high quality of work."

Revolution Media Group works in an ongoing and as-needed capacity for a management consulting firm. The work includes web strategy and design on various websites.

Salt Lake City Metro Area
CEO, Boutique Management Consultancy

Revolution Media Group provides great value for high-quality work. Customer satisfaction on all projects has been very high. The team works efficiently and excels at creating aesthetically pleasing designs.

Can you describe your company?

We are a management consulting firm. I work primarily with biotechnology, nutraceutical and nutrition-consumer product companies.

What is your role and responsibilities?

I am the CEO.We have three partners and we work with an outsourced group as needed for different projects.

What was your goal for the work with Revolution Media Group?

I’ve used Revolution Media with several of my clients. When we tackle certain projects that include the need for some Web architecture or Web design and general design concepts, I work with Revolution on certain projects.

Can you please describe the scope of their work?

Mostly it is Web strategy stuff, but primarily their expertise is more on the design phase. They have a good understanding of how to connect and communicate with particular audiences.

Can you provide a sense of the size of the initiative in a general dollar figure?

They are a great value. They’re very reasonable for their high quality of work. Whereas typically a project might cost in the $10,000 to $12,000 range, Revolution will do it for $6,000 to $8,000.

When was the last project they completed?

They helped me convert a template website and customize that for my own company. That was the last project that they worked on in July.

How have they performed so far?

It depends on the particular project because each one has a different metric for success. We track their success on design projects by customer feedback. It is more qualitative than quantitative as far as the metrics. I’ll say again I work with many different sources. I’ve been very happy with the way that they’ve been able to come up with good solutions efficiently, effectively and quickly at a very reasonable fee.

Is there anything else unique or special about them compared to other IT vendors?

It’s a tough one to quantify. The quality of the creative, and the aesthetic and approach is tremendously on target, unique and executed in an efficient manner.

Looking back on the work they’ve done, is there any area that you think they could improve upon or something you might do differently?

Not that I can think of. The only issue I’ve ever had is when they get very busy. So as opposed to being able to start on a project immediately, I sometimes have to be queued up. That’s never been too much of a problem.

In fact, I have recommended them to several.