Making the Right Connections

Resource Development Company was founded in 1981, and has been active in the human resource management consulting arena. The company strives to positively impact organizations and individuals by providing the right people at the right time and place. Services include Executive Search Consulting for organizations seeking the best of the best talent, Career Services for organizations requiring outplacement services, and Job Search Assistance for individuals seeking new opportunities.

1981
BLUE BELL, PA
  • 716 Dekalb Pike Ste 211
    BLUE BELL, PA 19422

Global Mobility Solutions, Delaware Valley Industrial Resources Council, School District Insurance Consortium

Coaching for Pharmaceutical Company

"I have achieved the career outcome I was looking for."

June 2018 - Mar. 2019

Resource Development Co Inc provided professional coaching. Their team set up an initial discussion and supplied unbiase opinions.

North Wales, Pennsylvania
Douglas Black
Owner, Agency

Resource Development Co Inc helped achieve the outcome. They were very flexible and customer-focused. They gave many recommendations and were highly realistic.

I work for a global biopharmaceutical company. Currently, I am Executive Director of Global Oncology Marketing. My area of current focus is digital strategy

For what projects/services did your company hire Resource Development Co Inc?

From time to time in my career, I have looked for a professional coach outside my organization with whom I can discuss ideas and thoughts about my career and how to structure approaches to achieve those goals. This has the benefit of being confidential and allowing me to explore ideas without the concerns about how they may be perceived by individuals or leaders within my organization.

What were your goals for this engagement?

The particular case here was that I wanted to transition to a particular part of my organization that I would have to take a new type of approach. I felt I needed some unbiased, outside opinion on how to conduct the search.

I have worked with Craig for many years on many engagements. Initially, this came from a recommendation and periodically, I go back to Craig for advice.

Describe the engagement in detail.

Craig typically sets up an initial discussion to assess the situation. He structures an action plan and then we meet periodically to review the plan and outcomes.

One on one coaching

Can you share any outcomes from the engagement that demonstrate progress or success?

I've had multiple engagements with Craig and in each case, I have achieved the career outcome I was looking for - mostly in obtaining new positions that I felt were important to my career.

Very good. Craig is very customer focused and adapted to both my schedule and importantly, the way I like to do business.

What did you find most impressive about this vendor?

While he is not shy in giving candid feedback and perhaps at times hard recommendations, I always feel as if Craig engages in a non-judgmental way. He's encouraging but realistic and is candid in his assessments.

Hard to find any faults in this one on one situation. Perhaps building an online portal for case management might be something of value to some - but in this case, the value of just meeting and talking was the greatest to me. Perhaps adding video conference approach would be good.

Very flexible - no concerns for me
    Best investment I've made
    Achieved outcomes I sought
    Already have referred to others without reservation

Salary Studies for Insurance Consortium

"RDC used clear goal-setting and constant communication to achieve a mutually beneficial result."

June - Sept. 2018

Resource Development Co Inc implemented a retained search for an executive role and conducted multiple salary studies to ensure compensation would remain competitive in the industry.

Lansdale, Pennslyvania
Thomas Angelucci
Executive Director, School Districts Insurance Consortium

The vendor selected a qualified new executive director from a variety of viable candidates. A dedicated and invested team, the specialists thoroughly understood the client's goals and culture. Their attentive approach was marked by frequent communication.

Executive Director of A Group Self-Insured Pool administering Workers'' Compensation

For what projects/services did your company hire Resource Development Co Inc?

Retained Search (Executive) and Multiple Salary Studies

What were your goals for this engagement?

SDIC sought to remain competitive in the insurance industry from a compensation perspective. Also, two years ago SDIC experienced a change in leadership at the Executive Director role, something that had not occurred in 18 years.

SDIC evaluated a few options for the Retained Search project, but the existing relations ship and success experienced on other smaller projects helped RDC to rise to the top.

Describe the engagement in detail.

The Board of Directors worked closely with the RDC team, meeting by phone and in person frequently, to evaluate the position and requirements, select and interview candidates, coordinate the offer and on-board the selected candidate.

The Board's 3-person Personnel Committee worked directly with the RDC team.

SDIC, with the help of the RDC team, was able to evaluate its needs and select a new Executive Director from a field of viable candidates. It was clear that RDC understood SDIC's needs and culture, helping them to make the best recommendations. As the beneficiary of this engagement, I can also report on the other side of the Retained Search equation. The RDC team understood the gravity of the process for both sides, walked me through everything with great care, making time for me whenever needed. They remained in contact after the process was complete to check in, ensure successful transition and offer additional services.

RDC set clear deadlines and goals, scheduling multiple meetings and calls which, while they can be seen as overwhelming, were manageable because of the initial schedule and expectations.

What did you find most impressive about this vendor?

It was clear that RDC cared about helping SDIC to make the right choice. RDC understood that this is not a process the company goes through frequently, so the unique situation required their full attention. RDC used clear goal-setting and constant communication to achieve a mutually beneficial result.

None to report.