Online Reputation Management Services

Overview

Reputation X is one of the original online reputation management services firms. The company manages the way people and businesses are perceived online. The company was founded in 2005 and is located in the San Francisco Bay Area.

Reputation Services

Reputation management services include search result removal, DMCA removals, search result suppression, reputation protection, international reputation management, and related service offerings.

Clients

Clients enjoy confidentiality, but include brands millions of people have in their homes, politicians they may have voted for, and international figures commonly seen on TV.

Karma

The Reputation X client acceptance process is unique. Prospective new clients must be approved not only by management, but by team members as well. That means many never become clients. In addition, prospective customers whose reputation management problems seem too tough to overcome are always informed of the fact. Alternatives are clearly explained, even if they never become a client.

Process

The Reputation X process has been honed over nearly ten years. It includes research, development, content

Internet Reputation Management

Reputation X was originally known as Internet Reputation Management. Internet Reputation Management is a trademark of Obtainium LLC.

2005
Sausalito, CA
  • 104 Caledonia Street
    Sausalito, CA 94965

Confidential clients include Heads of State, Politicians, SMBs, Celebrities, Public Relations Agencies (white label), and just regular folks.

Cloud 12 Consulting Firm

“I think they embody everything that reputation management should be.”

Reputation X performs digital implementation tasks for a PR firm. The team also provides support on assignments that are outside the scope of each endeavor.

New York City Metro Area
Pamela Johnston
Founder, Cloud 12 Consulting

The team initially provided support on digital implementation. However, their expertise on PR allows them to provide valuable insights to optimize the strategy and planning of the business. Furthermore, the team is attentive to the requirements of each task and deliver excellent results.

Please describe your company.

I run a consultancy called Cloud 12. Most of our work comes from individuals, associations, and private companies with image and reputation problems. My firm brings a combination of expertise and experience, in both traditional and digital public relations mediums, to assist with all aspects of a company’s reputation management.

What is your role and responsibilities?

I’m the CEO and founder.

What was your goal for working with Reputation X?

I was looking for a partner to assist me with various aspects of reputation management on projects that were beyond the scope of what Cloud 12 could handle. I initially brought them on to help us with digital implementation but, from the beginning, Kent provided us with some incredible insights into our strategy and planning, which I was very grateful for.

Reputation X was an integral member in all stages of our client work. Kent and his team were involved with everything from the strategic framework of the project, to the execution, to the psychological management of the client, beginning to end.

What was your process for selecting Reputation X with which to work?

I felt that they mimicked what we offer out in the marketplace, which is what we call the real deal, we do as we say, we say as we do. After several discussions with Kent [Campbell, founder of Reputation X], I knew he operated the same way and I brought him on without reservation.

What were the results of the project?

The relationship is ongoing but, so far, I am completely satisfied.

Do you have any statistics or metrics to track improvement from the project?

In the reputation management field, you can’t really offer stats or metrics. The nature of the work is such that if we are doing our jobs well, no one should know that we are doing them at all.

Aside from their strategic insights, which are great. There is a big difference between selling and listening, and I find Reputation X’s manner to be listening and not selling. They offered a customized solution for every client we brought to them, and never tried to sell a generic “package solution” which is what I see and a lot of other companies do. Kent and his team are available any time I need them. I think they embody everything that reputation management should be.

I think their biggest challenge is differentiation, being able to differentiate themselves from other companies. It’s hard to build confidence without a direct relationship or discussion. So, I think they could improve by having more people like Kent who could scale the personal feeling he provides. I did not find the same level of strategic insight across the entire company. If they were to grow substantially, they would need to bring on more people like Kent, he needs to be cloned.