The trusted design & engineering team for founders

US:

I'm Deepak Devjani, an engineer and product lead. I started Reliable Bits to help founders get their ideas to market without it costing them an arm and a leg.

I have been there. Drained hundreds of thousands with one of the "top dev agencies" only to become nothing more than a number on their monthly profit goals. It was embarrassing.

So everything I do and my team does is the exact opposite of that from the ground up.

Proof? almost all of our clients have referred us to others and have stayed with us year after year. I don't believe in a revolving door for clients, I believe in long-term relationships and growing your business together.

We act as your in-house team. Your dedicated partners. Your CTO (many of the current founders literally have me listed as the CTO on their decks).

I have personally vetted, tested, and hired every person on the team from top startups and companies I have worked with before, such as Google, Warby Parker, AOL, Handy, Ogilvy, FeedomPop, and American Express.

YOU:

You need to know your industry, the problem you are trying to solve, and why your solution is the best bet. If you got that, we got everything else. Our goal is to help individuals with ideas, startups or small & medium businesses develop products and get to market at a fraction of the typical costs, while utilizing top US-based and nearshore talent.

Our driving motivation is to ensure every driven entrepreneur has a shot.

When working with with us founders get an entire self-managed, scalable team, that means, UI/UX designers, Product Managers, QA leads, and full-stack + mobile Engineers.

New York, NY
  • 315 W 36th St
    New York, NY 10018

Ultra Mobile (MVNO T-Mobile), Polish Me, Florish, The Suburban Jungle, Ultra Mobile, Tax Provision, ShiraLi, EatingNYC

Suburban Jungle

Freja

Spacelet

Moose

Eating NYC

Kohab

Web Development for Online Real Estate Platform

“The finished product looks really good and operates really well.”

Mar. 2018 - Ongoing

Reliable Bits provides development, taking over a web platform and converting migrating, and building on the features. They fixed a range of issues, adding new functionality, and continue to offer support.

John Matsis
Founder, Spacelet, Inc.

The team has gone above and beyond throughout the project, proactively addressing issues and working hard to ensure that the finished product was high quality and thoroughly tested. They are always focused on delivering good results, managing their work well and demonstrating excellent initiative.

I’m the founder of Spacelet, Inc., an online real estate platform.

What challenge were you trying to address with Reliable Bits?

We’d been working with a developer for 18 months who put together a list of issues that needed work, and then gave us a very high quote for that work. I started shopping around for alternatives and found Reliable Bits.

I hired Reliable Bits to go through our list of issues that needed resolving. Over the first few months, not only did they resolve them all, but they helped rebuild the site properly with modern, cleaner code and frameworks. They went ahead themselves and did a redesign during this process based off of conversations that we’d about my vision for the site. It wasn’t a part of their specific project, but they went ahead and did it. I’ve been working with them ever since.

They migrated several elements from the old site and plugged it into a Node and React framework. They converted it, migrated everything, and then built on that and did redesigns, also changing some functionalities. From that first phase where I needed things fixed, they did so quickly. We’ve continued a partnership and iterated since then, turning it into a finished product. We’re now in a support phase during which we submit tickets and bugs and they resolve them as they come.

There are seven people, though there were periods in which 12–15 different people were involved. I have two primary points of contacts and very little contact with the other developers, but I can still see all the action happening on the Trello board.

How did you come to work with Reliable Bits?

I operate out of a WeWork office and am plugged into a social network with every other member in all the buildings throughout the world. When I had issues with the previous developer, I went to the WeWork network and interviewed about six different developers.

I liked what I heard from speaking with Reliable Bits as they seemed to agree with my vision even before I told them about it. They were telling me things that I wanted to hear from the very beginning.

We've spent $90,000.

We started working together in March 2018 and the work is ongoing.

They’ve taken the project from a really bad site to a really polished, finished product that we’re now rolling out. They’ve been doing everything for it and have been great. I probably wouldn’t have rolled it out this year if it wasn’t for them as the other developers I had hadn’t even gotten to the prototype stage. Reliable Bits also proceeded with a good support system and proactively resolve the issues. They do their own testing alongside mine, tackling things before I even see them sometimes.

Right now, it’s basically a listing platform with a few users on there. Some were friends of mine who were more technically inclined so went in and started testing. Others that see it say it looks legit and were blown away by it. The quality is great. Reliable Bits are doing things that are above and beyond what I expected from them and the finished product looks really good and operates really well. The team has been perfect from the start.

How did Reliable Bits perform from a project management standpoint?

They act as a partner for us and I’m super happy. We’re all on a Trello board where the two leads are constantly leaving notes on all the tickets. They catch everything before I do and work on it before I even have to tell them anything.

The communication with their developers is constantly ongoing and I don’t have to do much work in that regard; I talk to my point of contact all the time over text message, getting constant updates. I don’t hold them to strict deadlines because I just want the site built properly, but they’ve been pretty good, and nothing has taken absurdly long.

The product lead is proactive and gets onto the developers before I have to. I didn’t expect that from a developer or even a designer.

I don’t have any issues with them. They could be more structured about the process and have a weekly update, but it’s not something I asked for. I like leaving them to do their thing as they require very little input from me.

Let Reliable Bits figure out the best way to build something and don’t micromanage. They’re going to be open using any platform or framework out there, so let them figure out the best way.

I’ve already recommended them a few times.

Development of Accounting Platform for Online Tax Advisor

“They do a great job in terms of communicating and staying flexible.”

Oct. 2018 - Ongoing

Reliable Bits developed a web-based tax management platform for accounting companies. Their work focused on UX/UI and backend development, and their team continues to maintain and improve the site.

CEO, Online Tax Advisor

Feedback on the platform has been entirely positive so far. The quality of the work went beyond stakeholder expectations, garnering compliments on its intuitive design and ease of use. The Reliable Bits team had a positive attitude and smoothly throughout the project.

What challenge were you trying to address with Reliable Bits?

We wanted to create a software platform in an untapped market.

What challenge were you trying to address with Reliable Bits?

We wanted to create a software platform in an untapped market.

They provided an end-to-end solution from the UX side development of the UI side, as well as the backend of the site. The platform is based on the web and delivers a paid subscription service for our customers. Their team also provides ongoing support for future development as well as any changes that may be necessary.

They can scale up or down according to your needs, but the core team was seven people. That consisted of one project manager and several designers and developers.

How did you come to work with Reliable Bits?

They were originally recommended to me through 3–4 different people in our WeWork office space. We had interviewed about 15 different companies at that point and decided to go with them for a variety of reasons, but particularly their responsiveness, quality of products, and the reliability of the people who recommended them.

We engaged with them in October 2018 and are continuing to work together.

From the user’s perspective, our feedback has been completely positive so far. It’s a flexible product that is very intuitive and user-friendly compared to some of its competitors. They’ve also exceeded my expectations in terms of quality. Their team has been able to help us understand their process from project management and development to the client interface.

How did Reliable Bits perform from a project management standpoint?

They do a great job in terms of communicating and staying flexible. We have a system where you can track exactly what’s happening at any point and help reprioritize if anything changes from your end. It’s very clear that their team is a well-run machine and has great established practices.

Our main point of contact, Deepak (Project Manager, Reliable Bits), is a very positive, can-do person. He’s got a great attitude and is very accommodating, which really helps make them wonderful to work with.

No, I don’t have any suggestions for improvements.

I think early and consistent communication is always important. Because these projects are so detail-oriented, you have to have a team in place who’s really willing to put in the time with the developers to make sure that goals and deliverables are well established upfront.

App Development for Cosmetics Platform

“I appreciate having them there to give me insights on things I’m not clear about.”

Reliable Bits is designing and developing a custom iOS app for press-on nails. Key features include a nail measurement tool as well as a searchable e-commerce store.

Aurelia Edwards
Owner, Nailstry

While the app is still in the final stages of development, external stakeholders have praised the recent builds for their ease of use. Reliable Bits is an exceptional partner that’s well-suited to companies that need more hands-on guidance throughout the development process.

I’m the founder and owner of Nailstry. We’re creating a mobile e-commerce platform for press-on nails.

What challenge were you trying to address with Reliable Bits?

I hired Reliable Bits to design and develop my press-on nail mobile app.

Reliable Bits is building a custom iOS app that allows users to measure their fingernails so that they can find the right press-on nail size without having to buy extras. In addition to the measurement tool, there’s an e-commerce component that lets users search through our database of designers and purchase products directly from their shops.

Currently, we’re wrapping up development for the iOS version. My plan is to see how it does during its initial launch before creating an Android version in a few months.

I’ve worked with 8 people, including a project manager, UX/UI architects, designers, and developers. There are also support resources for technical issues.

How did you come to work with Reliable Bits?

My intellectual property attorney had another client who had worked with Reliable Bits. They had a good experience, so he referred me to them.

I interviewed them along with six companies and read through their reviews on Clutch. Out of all of them, Reliable Bits seemed to be the most like a technology partner. I felt that I could collaborate with them more, and they were able to give me key insights to create the app that I needed rather than the one I wanted.

It’s been about $18,000 up to this point.

Their work began in January 2019 and is currently ongoing.

Overall, the quality of the app is excellent. One of our major concerns was making sure the UX was streamlined. If an app isn’t simple for users, people tend not to revisit it. But, the app is really easy to use. I’ve sent the build out to a few of our nail designers, and everyone says that they like it.

How did Reliable Bits perform from a project management standpoint?

So far, it’s been great. We use email to coordinate the project, and I haven’t had to do too much to manage them. Since they’re local, they’re a little pricier than off-shore companies, but being able to meet them face-to-face has helped build my confidence in them. We’re now in the final stages of development, so I’m meeting with them to review their work and make any tweaks before launch.

In addition to being our development provider, Reliable Bits has acted like our CTO. This is the first time I’ve built an app like this, so I appreciate having them there to give me insights on things I’m not clear about.

They’ve been great about guiding me throughout this entire process, which made them stand out from the other companies I interviewed. Not to mention, I’m able to bring them on to calls with potential investors.

As of right now, I don’t have anything to point out. I’m very happy with the experience I’ve had.

It's important to research your service partners so that you feel confident and comfortable with your team. When I was vetting companies, I spoke to Reliable Bits before interviewing their competitors. By the end, I had to come back to them with more questions that I'd realized along the way.

Being clear about your objectives and expectations will also allow them to do the best work possible. They’ll put together a precise list of deliverables and assemble the proper team to support your project.

Software Development & Design for Student Loan Payment Platform

“I’ve never worked with a service provider that impressed me more. Everything they’ve done exceeds our expectations.”

Nov. 2017 - Ongoing

ReliableBits.io developed a website for an alternative student loan platform. Using Node.js and AWS, they built interactive frontend UI/UX and secure backend architecture.

John Pelka
CEO, Paytronage

The completed platform was featured in major financial publications and that exposure led to acquisition by a larger firm. Reliable acted as a mentor throughout the process and delivered a strong product at a fraction of the time and cost quoted by competitors.

We run a direct consumer platform for alternative student loan products. Students give a fixed percentage of their income for a set period of time in exchange for equity financing to go to traditional universities. We were just acquired a few weeks ago, but I was the CEO and was responsible for institutional fundraising, financial structuring, legal work, marketing, and PR.

What challenge were you trying to address with ReliableBits.io?

We didn’t have a website built out and needed a development partner. We wanted a marketplace platform with frontend UI/UX and backend architecture that allowed for underwriting, data storage, payment processing, and a high level of security.

They built our site using Node.js, HTML, and AWS. They designed a beautiful frontend with critical marketing elements. The backend is a full application process with PII security compliance. Since we’re dealing with sensitive information, all of it is siloed so there is no risk. They also helped us with a complex calculator that allows students to input their school, major, and the amount of money they needed to attend, balanced against what they were able to pay back over time. It’s a complicated kind of Excel modeling built into Python. They made it super interactive and we’ve had a lot of success with it. They’ve also helped us explore different investment opportunities and completed everything in a very short period of time.

We work with an account manager and several developers. They have extensive experience with fundraising products, marketing, and sales and are willing to act as mentors. Our account manager acts almost as our CTO and is an integral part of our operations.

How did you come to work with ReliableBits.io?

We spent about three weeks interviewing about 30 development firms all over the world. Reliable was the first company that really impressed us. It was clear that they were the company we wanted to work with.

We spent about $30,000 for the site build and another $15,000–$20,000 on maintenance and upgrades. The total spend is around $45,000–$50,000 so far.

We started working together around November 2017. We’re integrating our tech into the financial firm that acquired us. We have Reliable on a monthly retainer and they’re helping us with the integration process.

Our completed product was featured by major financial publications that highlighted our company and the product itself. Thanks to that exposure, we were acquired pre-distribution. We hadn’t been through a full year’s cycle but already had close to $500,000 of students signed up to receive funds that August. The platform itself is beautiful and works very well.

How did ReliableBits.io perform from a project management standpoint?

Their background is impressive and they did unbelievably well. They advised us on everything and were available whenever we needed them. They taught us a lot about the systems we use and our project manager acted as a UI/UX coach for us. He walked us through Trello and was very hands-on. The team pushed back when there was a better option and helped us make critical decisions.

Most of our communication was via Slack, but there was a huge personal element as well. Since the account manager is in New York and several of the developers are in India, they were available to help us around the clock.

Their execution is exceptional. They said they could deliver a product at a fraction of the time and cost of any other provider. We were skeptical at first, but everything was on time and beyond our expectations. They added more value by filling a CTO role and making critical business decisions with us. They were a part of our team and they went beyond their responsibilities to do great things. They helped us with copywriting, PR, and other tasks that were completely unrelated to their technical development of the site.

I can’t think of anything. I’ve never worked with a service provider that impressed me more. Everything they’ve done exceeds our expectations.

Be clear in your communication. They’re very open to ideas and you can give them responsibilities outside of pure development. They’re very experienced and you can trust them.

Custom Software Development for Suburban Real Estate

“They’re a trustworthy team, and you’ll never have any problems with the work.”

Feb. 2018 - Ongoing

ReliableBits is developing a WordPress website. They’re building a custom backend and are working with Node and React, as well as SQL servers. They’re also doing SEO on testimonials and marketing materials.

Project Manager, Suburban Real Estate

Efficiency increased and exposure has grown almost 40%. ReliableBits is highly communicative and provides multiple touchpoints. Their personal approach allows them to customize their feedback process to fit the customer’s level of expertise. They are passionate and committed to project success.

I’m a project manager for a suburban real estate resource. We help people research towns they would like to move to, from bigger cities. We help guide them because nobody really knows where they want to move, or how they should be evaluating towns.

What challenge were you trying to address with ReliableBits?

We connect potential movers with agents and locals in each of these towns, and we currently support hundreds of towns, so it can get pretty complex and out of hand. Everyone who comes in gets a strategy packet and can go and visit 10 to 20 towns, so we needed a new website to help manage all this data.

From a tech perspective, we’re beholden to our original stack, which is based on CodeIgniter in PHP. Our backend runs on SQL, which is deployed through Amazon Web Services. Our old setup was really limiting in terms of the edits we can make, so they re-engineered it into native HTML, and they just started coding in Node and React. We’re using WordPress to host our site.

In terms of the functions of the site, they’ve automated a lot of our forms and the town-specific research, such as train schedules and school district statistics, that used to be done manually, so it’s more scalable. They’ve also done SEO on our testimonials and press materials. The biggest part is the custom backend they’re creating. We have such nuanced needs that you can’t take an off-the-shelf product and customize it. All of our emails, schedules, and notes for calls are automatically imported, so it makes our strategists daily tasks much easier.

We also wanted somebody that could bring expertise and thought leadership to our business, and they’ve done that. They’ll look at our data and see trends and things we could do differently. We’ve already started implementing some of their suggestions and we’re starting to see some uptick.

We have multiple touchpoints including a project manager. We interact with the developers when they have questions, as well as somebody on their side, who does the marketing quotes for the site. Additionally, we have an analytics and advisory person we talk to.

How did you come to work with ReliableBits?

We had been working with another development firm, but they were unreliable and took a long time to respond to and fix problems. We interviewed dozens of companies, but ReliableBits was actually recommended to us. We needed somebody who was on the ball, and would be right there as soon as we knew we needed something. We also wanted a firm that had experience with our technology stack, so they could hear a problem and immediately know where to go and how to fix it.

We’ve spent $10,000 so far.

We’ve been working together since February 2018.

We’ve had a 38% jump in exposure thanks to the social media targeting help they gave us. They also introduced automation to some of the forms that clients fill out on our site, which has drastically improved our efficiency. Now we can do 20-30 deals a day, instead of eight.

How did ReliableBits perform from a project management standpoint?

The communication is great. They’re really good at keeping us abreast of exactly what's going on. They also tailored their feedback and ticketing processes to fit our level of technical expertise. They gave us a dedicated point of contact who is very responsive via email; we usually get something back within 20 or 30 minutes. It’s been wonderful just to know that someone is really there.

The overarching theme is that they actually care. They aren't creating this for us as just some random client. They have passion and they really want this to work. They seem like really good, genuine people, and I haven't gotten those vibes from a lot of other people that we work with. They also believe in passing on the savings and providing a lot of value for their cost.

No, I can’t think of anything.

We’ve had trust issues before with independent engineers and teams who haven’t had our best interest at heart, but these guys know what they’re talking about. People need to just listen to them. They’re a trustworthy team, and you’ll never have any problems with the work.

Redesign and Development for Business Technology Consulting Company

“They have a results-oriented and product-focused energy.”

Apr. - Jun. 2017

ReliableBits.io designed and developed mobile apps for iOS and Android. The apps utilized traditional media photos to encourage user-generated content. They also redesigned aspects of a web app.

Founder, Business Technology Consulting Company

ReliableBits.io delivered a business viable platform that retained most of its users throughout a beta launch. However, they achieved the project’s goal by demonstrating the value of product innovation. Their value redistribution approach to pricing yielded a remarkably high ROI.

I’m the founder of a business technology consulting company. We partner with founders, entrepreneurs, and CEOs to get them started and ultimately translate their ideas into products. We also partner with professional service firms looking to innovate their business and help them take on that challenge.

What challenge were you trying to address with ReliableBits.io?

We needed to find a software partner that was transparent, technically capable, and could offer a reasonable output for an affordable price.

We were working with a media company to show how to approach innovation and get products off the ground. We engaged ReliableBits.io to develop a couple of experimental projects that facilitated our client’s users to contribute to the content conversation happening around their shows. As a result, ReliableBits.io developed several mobile apps for iOS and Android while also redesigning web admin dashboards. I focused on the business requirements, so I can’t speak to specific the coding languages they utilized.

The apps enable users to write commentary on pictures they take at shows. Then, other users vote on the pictures. This allowed the client to experiment with repurposing traditional media content through a user-generated component. We contributed zero definitive requirements, so ReliableBits.io developed the projects with an agile methodology.

I requested to meet their founder and he functioned as the product manager throughout the engagement. I had limited contact with the actual developers but worked closely with a designer and an assistant product manager.

How did you come to work with ReliableBits.io?

I searched online for mobile development companies that could assign a knowledgeable product manager to walk us through the process. I wanted help understanding what would go into the scoping discussion and not just a quote sent by a faceless agency. Eventually, I found ReliableBits.io and reached out via their web submission form. They were willing to invest the time to understand our business and our client’s needs. They proposed versatile ways of delivering value to us and that flexibility stood out.

We spent $50,000–$70,000 for their services.

The engagement took place April–June 2017.

The limited and private beta we launched saw roughly 75% of users coming back to the app daily. Another key performance indicator is the value of the product as a standalone business. Based on our estimates, it reached an evaluation of $2 million–$5 million three months after launch. ReliableBits.io can build products that are potentially successful from a business perspective.

The products we’ve built with them are extremely well-developed and have no technical issues. They have a results-oriented and product-focused energy. Our clients were able to get an idea of what innovation in a big company means from the product side. This illustrates how successful startups can achieve results by shipping products, learning, and repeating. Overall, working with ReliableBits.io helped my client see a new way of doing business. That’s invaluable.

How did ReliableBits.io perform from a project management standpoint?

Their team was able to foreshadow upcoming challenges and gave us adequate time to prepare. They’re also creative and solution-oriented. We communicated through Slack, Trello, email, phone calls, and in-person meetings. I appreciated the timeliness of their correspondence.

I’ve been sourcing development partners for a while. I could hire individual freelancers as a more cost-effective option, but that would be risky. For example, if one of the engineers decides to leave, they won’t prioritize the onboarding of another resource and this can compromise a project. I’ve also worked with agencies that wouldn’t talk to me for anything less than $200,000. This is a fair business model for many people, but not for everyone. ReliableBits.io has likely given me the highest ROI I’ve ever experienced.

They charge premium prices for large companies, but they use some of those funds to offset development costs for startups. This level of value redistribution is important and it shines through in how their employees execute projects.

ReliableBits.io is eager to please clients and continue to grow. I was skeptical about their pricing at first, but never experienced a serious problem with them. They should do a better job of communicating why they’re able to deliver on those prices. This would avoid future skepticism from clients. I’ve shared this feedback with them before.

I started the engagement by filling out the form on their website and I recommend that any prospective clients do the same.

If someone is looking for a good technical resource based in the U.S., ReliableBits.io is the answer.

Custom Software Development for Start-Up Restaurant Delivery Application

"ReliableBits is what keeps our business and business."

Feb. 2017 - Ongoing

ReliableBits.io serves as the technical arm of a software company, and built their platform using HTML, Java, Python, and Swift. The team also built a custom API and continues to serve as a partner.

Daniel Matthews
Co-Founder, Postcard

After ReliableBits developed the software it was successfully patented. The team also built features without being asked to save time and money, and their developers have become an integral part of the company. They continue providing marketing advice to achieve high SEO rankings.

I am the co-founder and CEO of Postcard. We are a mobile restaurant service software provider, helping restaurants to enable mobile ordering.

What challenge were you trying to address with ReliableBits.io?

We didn’t have a co-founder on our team with a technical background, so we needed a development team to build the software for us. We had been working with various developers, but they never delivered what they promised and proved to be very unreliable. When we realized that the group we were working with wasn’t going to deliver the specifications we wanted, we turned to ReliableBits.

ReliableBits became the technical branch of our team and provided a level of service that we had not seen before. They made the transition process from the previous dev group we hired very easy by speaking on our behalf and getting all the technical stuff they needed transferred over. They then began writing our backend in HTML and Java, and our frontend in Python and Swift. They also built us our own cloud-based API, which was really unique.

Our backend is a fully customizable dashboard that changes from client to client based on each restaurant’s different needs and specifications. These include menu items, pick up times, and messages relayed back to users. Our frontend features changes in color schemes and logos based on the product and client. It also includes more specific user information, such as wholesale items for purchase. ReliableBits did a great job building all these features. Additionally, they would often identify problems that we were going to inevitably face later on and proactively found solutions to them.

We worked with the entire ReliableBits team, but Deepak (partner, ReliableBits.io) was our main point of entry and contact. If we needed something, we would speak with Deepak who always made himself available to us.

How did you come to work with ReliableBits.io?

I meet Deepak at a networking event and starting talking with him about what I was doing and he was immediately interested. He made himself available to me to start talking things over and eventually became a friend and confidant who I could trust. When we realized that the current development company we were using wasn’t going to work out, Deepak and ReliableBits was our obvious choice to turn to next.

We’ve spent $50,000­–$200,000.

We began working together in February 2017 and they delivered what they committed to soon thereafter. However, even though the project is completed, they are still the technical side of our team. They are always available and take care of issues we aren’t even capable of seeing. With us not having a technical co-founder, ReliableBits is what keeps our business and business.

One of our largest pieces of success is that we were able to file a patent on our product. In addition, ReliableBits was able to help us on the marketing side of things as well. They made sure our website had full SEO and it now ranks pretty highly. They really offer a full service and made sure we have a product that is exactly what we want.

How did ReliableBits.io perform from a project management standpoint?

We communicate over email and phone as things come up, but when we first started the project they created a Trello board for us. We were not familiar with Trello, but we liked it so much we actually began using it internally as well. ReliableBits was great at communicating over Trello, providing updates as things were completed, and answering our questions and concerns. They were also very fast at responding, which meant I knew right away that something was going to be taken care of without having to send a follow-up email, etc.

They really are a part of your team and will act in your best interest regardless of the job or price. They would see issues coming down the road and handle them right away, and they always over delivered. Anytime I checked in with them I knew they would have completed what I had asked for, but would also have something new and cool to show me that I hadn’t. This saved us a ton of time and money because issues we might need to deal with in four weeks were already taken care of.

They are also very honest. If they can do something they will do it right away, and if they can’t, they will figure out a solution. They took the time to understand our vision and the product we wanted to make. They would ask us where we wanted to be in five years, and then do everything they could to set the platform for us to get there. They have put the company in a position to really achieve our vision.

There could be little things, but anytime we were concerned or accused them of something it turned out they did it for the right reasons and we were wrong. So looking back, I can’t say there is really anything for them to improve on.

Do you have any advice for potential customers?

You have to be committed to your vision and what you intend on building. If you are trying to build a company and not just a product, then ReliableBits is a great place for you to work with. Just remember that they are very inclusive and will act as a member of your team.

They were very honest about expected delivery dates and always met deadlines.
    They are a great value compared to other companies we have worked with.
    They consistently over delivered and built us things we didn’t even know we needed.

E-Commerce Development for Bedding and Linens Retailer

“Their project management was great. They were extremely flexible and always willing to communicate.”

Dec. 2017 - Feb. 2018

ReliableBits.io built a custom frontend and WooCommerce backend for an online retailer. They helped with complex functionality and suggested improvements to increase conversions.

Founder, Bedding and Linens Retailer

The site loads quickly and UX is smooth. They set reliable expectations and were willing to work within a limited budget. Their e-commerce advice was useful and they were consistently accommodating.

I’m the founder of an online bedding retailer. Our startup has been in business for about nine months.

What challenge were you trying to address with ReliableBits.io?

We wanted a company to build our website. We wanted a custom frontend and a WooCommerce backend. Previously, we worked with another company that didn’t deliver what we needed.

We originally developed a site for Shopify, but it didn’t work out. They switched the whole site over to WooCommerce at no extra charge. They did custom coding for the frontend. I think they designed everything within a Sketch file. The backend is not fully customized, but they did help with a bundle that pulls multiple SKUs from out platform. They also helped with an intricate function that lets users select product colors directly off of the product page. That took us some time to develop, but turned out great.

Most of our conversations went through Deepak (Product Lead, ReliableBits.io). I occasionally spoke with the account person and one of the developers.

How did you come to work with ReliableBits.io?

Two friends independently recommended them.

We’ve spent about $8,000-$8,500 in total.

We started working together in December 2017 and finished the site in February 2018. We hired them again to make revisions and streamline the site. They projected a month-long project, but it only took a couple of weeks.

The site looks really good and users love it. It loads quickly and the user experience is smooth. They made some really useful suggestions that helped our conversions.

How did ReliableBits.io perform from a project management standpoint?

Their project management was great. They were extremely flexible and always willing to communicate. We could speak on weekends or late at night to accommodate my schedule. They hit all of their milestones early or on time and let me report bugs through a program they use. We could resolve them without needing to talk much.

After a failed project with another web developer, we were so pleased with ReliableBits. The difference is like night and day. Everything is on time, their scheduling is good, and they communicate with us. They set expectations correctly and were willing to work within our budget.

I can’t think of anything they should improve. I’m very happy with them.

Listen to Douglas (Managing Partner, ReliableBits.io). When he gives e-commerce advice, he knows what he's talking about.

I’ve already referred them.

Mobile App Development for Nationwide Nail Salon Management and Scheduling

“I feel at ease now because I know that their team will help us if we need it.”

Jan. 2016 - Apr. 2016

Having designed and developed an iOS and Android app with a responsive dashboard that allows salons to manage bookings, Reliable Bits now continues as the dedicated technology partner in an ongoing engagement.

North Carolina
Partner, Nail Salon Management App

Several salons were managing 100% of their bookings via the app within one month of launch. Reliable Bit’s dedicated staff yields immense value for cost, providing high-quality and prompt delivery. Their transparent project management and accommodating price model are both ideal.

I’m a technology partner of a iOS and Android app that allows salons to take digital bookings. I oversee all the technology involved with the product. The legal entity is actually in North Carolina, but we have salons all over the place.

What challenge were you trying to address with Reliable Bits?

We wanted something more than just a development agency—we wanted a partner. It was important that the team understood the business and its objectives. Knowing how a mobile platform could benefit the beauty and salon industry was a must.

Reliable Bits used Swift for iOS, but I’m unsure what they used for Android. They showed me the pros and cons of either going with Angular or React, but we ended up going with React for the responsive dashboard which we built a lot of functionalities into. There’s a color database and a 3-D hand image that allows customers to see what different shades will look like before booking an appointment. The hand feature was particularly challenging. The dashboard is easy to use and my team or partners are able to go in and add a new shade without having to mess with custom code, which is really great.

There’s also a booking functionality that lists available times. Each salon can control their times from their own internal dashboard via the app. We wanted to make sure that the app wasn’t completely manual and that some things were automated as we continue to scale and onboard clients. We have a Google and Apple map integration to provide directions to salons.

I had one primary point of contact along with two product managers who provided weekly updates. They gave daily updates towards the end of the project regarding different builds so I could test them. Their designer involved me early on in the process, providing detailed notes and explaining what was in the actual product. I felt very involved, which I loved. We now have three other partners and about ten people total on both teams.

How did you come to work with Reliable Bits?

I went through an exhaustive search and found them through Google. The initial introduction went really well and they had worked on some similar, on-demand apps. There was a lot of synergy between us as well.

We spent around $40,000 for the initial project. We now pay a monthly, flat fee for their ongoing support.

We worked on the initial project from from January–April 2016. Reliable Bits is also our technology partner as we continue to scale.

One of our partners was able to do 100% of bookings via the app within the first month for three or four of their salons. The training was a smooth process. We’re now aggressively scaling the number of boutiques and salons on the platform. We’ve experienced significant growth in that area, so it’s all been pretty positive.

How did Reliable Bits perform from a project management standpoint?

I’ve worked with many agencies and spent both too much and too little money. I’m still working with Reliable Bits, so that says a lot. Their staff is incredible and dedicated. They didn’t charge me extra for additional features because they understood that the product needed to evolve in order to succeed. They were timely in terms of project management and we didn’t experience any delays. They actually delivered a few days early. They used a tool called buddybuild to send and release notes to us, as well as inform us on what to test or not test. They really kept us informed.

The project managers also gave me visibility through Trello. I could put my own feedback and see each developer’s progress. They were very transparent, which is something I liked a lot. The project manager relayed information from me to their developers and it worked incredibly well. I now feel like they’re a part of my team rather than just someone I’m paying.

We receive incredible value for our money with them considering that some of the apps they’ve built seem like they should be much more expensive. We needed a sleek, beautiful app, but we had a certain budget that we had to abide by. The final product was exactly like the initial design, which was important to us. We’ve been really fortunate to find them and we’re glad to continue working with them.

We also like that they don’t operate on a hourly contract. We’ve worked with development partners in the past who charged hourly, but it ended up getting out of control since some people work faster than others. Reliable Bits has worked with us to create a fixed price.

We had one feature that took longer than expected, but they explained everything to me, so it wasn’t really a problem.

Talk to them about their vision and really hear them out. I think everyone should try them because they’re amazing. I feel at ease now because I know that their team will help us if we need it. If the servers crash, they’ll help us get things back up quickly. It’s important to have this kind of comfort with people you work with so you know, at the end of the day, that you got what you paid for.

I've already recommended them to people.