Senior Python Backend Developers

Reef Technologies is a team of professionals and IT Polyglots. We are native speakers of Python, usually enjoying pre-made components of the Django famework.

We believe the chances of running a successful project are far from random. We can create customized software to solve any problem you might have, no matter how complex it is.

Some examples of recent projects:

• financial data warehouse which aggregates over 22 000 timeseries into a couple hundred charts for a fintech company from London
  • AI video content analyzer/searcher for drone pilots from Detroit, MI
  • two e-commerce applications for a customer from Washington, DC
  • cryptocurrency derivatives trading bot for a customer from Boston, MA
  • sales data analysis tool for a fintech company from Chicago, IL
  • hydrant certification report generator for Australian plumbers
  • paper product level tracker for toilet cleaners from Canada
  • revenue optimizer for large private GPU compute clusters in North America
  • crypto-exchange clients for a fintech company from Pittsburgh, PA
  • download accelerator for a cloud storage provider from San Mateo, CA
  • shopify integration for an innovative healthcare company from Canada

Top notch quality of our work is as much important as the contact with our clients. We do mind their time and budget creating a trustworthy, friendly yet professional environment for our cooperation.

2002
Warszawa, Poland
  • Warszawa, MZ
    Poland

Startups and SMBs from USA, Canada, Australia and UK

Python Development for Custom Software System

"We’re extremely fortunate to have Reef Technologies as our partner."

Nov. 2018 - Ongoing

Using Python on the backend, Reef Technologies is designing, developing, and configuring a custom software system for a nutritional supplement program.

Toronto, Canada
Betsy Taggart
Founding Partner & VP Marketing, Paragon Vitamins

The working system launched a Release I and has received positive feedback from key stakeholders. Expertise and meticulousness are hallmarks of their work. Reef Technologies’ understanding of development technologies helps them meet deadlines and respond quickly to any technical concerns that arose.

I’m a founding partner and VP of marketing at Paragon VMS Inc., an online health brand. We combine evidence-based testing with a lifestyle and nutrition questionnaire to provide a daily nutritional supplement program based on unique biochemistry.

For what projects/services did your company hire Reef Technologies?

We needed help to build a custom software system to support an algorithm. The partner needed to be experienced in Python and general backend development.

We wanted to create a functioning system that can collect customer data from multiple sources and fulfill custom subscriptions based on the results. We had an existing system, but it was only partially functional.

One of our junior engineers found them on Upwork.

Reef Technologies took over the preliminary concept for our system. They designed, developed, configured, and launched our Release I. They built the backend of our system to work with our Shopify store on the frontend. They put testing systems in place and help analyze UX testing.

Our main points of contact are a project manager and a backend developer. They lead the rest of the team, which is made up of a junior engineer, a frontend developer, a marketing manager, and a R&D specialist.

We were able to launch a Release I thanks to their expertise. They solved problems so that we could go to market with our first version. We had a rough idea of how the system would work when Reef Technologies came on board, but only some of it was operational. Their team quickly identified what needed to be done, implemented the steps, and built all the missing pieces.

They also dramatically improved the UX. By implementing testing systems, they were able to detect errors in our system that would’ve likely lead to failure.

Their project management is excellent. Pawel (project manager, Reef Technologies) is one of the best I’ve ever worked with in over 20 years in marketing and operations. I’ve rarely seen someone with his skill level.

Their skill level, ability to solve problems, and capacity to quickly implement solutions is highly impressive. We’re extremely fortunate to have Reef Technologies as our partner.

I’ve not identified any areas for improvement at this point.

They led project management and scheduling.
    Costs are good considering the quality of work.
    High-quality execution and extremely pleasant to deal with.

Database Development for Executive Search Platform

“Reef Technologies excels at thinking outside of the box.”

July 2018 - Ongoing

Reef Technologies helped develop a database management system using Django, Python, and JavaScript. The team efficiently completed and expanded the semi-finished product with data scrapers and tables.

President, Search Platform

After a previous vendor couldn’t complete the project, Reef Technologies adeptly took charge and rapidly delivered. They used a smooth, effective workflow throughout the development. The team offers a rare combination of business acumen and innovation. They offer guidance to improve the product.

I am the president of an executive search platform.

What challenge were you trying to address with Reef Technologies?

I wanted to create a database management system that tracks a specific profession and employees’ movements throughout the course of the year. A different computer programmer had already helped me create an initial version, but they hadn’t been able to complete the project. Certain tasks proved too difficult for them, so I hired Reef Technologies to take over.

Reef Technologies picked up where the last developer left off. They essentially recreated the core of the app and then added a variety of new features like data tables and scrapers. While the previous programmer had been inefficient, Reef Technologies used a very effective methodology. The technologies they used included mostly Python and Django along with some JavaScript.

I’ve interfaced with about five people from Reef Technologies during our project.

How did you come to work with Reef Technologies?

Reef Technologies replied to a job description I had posted on Upwork. I decided to interview them even though their prices were at the higher end of what I wanted to pay. I spoke with Pawel (CEO, Reef Technologies) for several hours and was impressed with him based on our conversation. I figured I would be doing myself a service by paying more for highly competent resources. A skilled team would produce better results the first time around than a cheaper one.

I have invested roughly $10,000.

We began working with them in July 2018 and have an ongoing relationship.

Working with Reef Technologies has been night and day compared to the prior programmer. The CEO genuinely seemed to have an excellent grasp on the project. He leverages the team’s creativity to come up with ways to improve my concept beyond what I originally requested.

Reef Technologies utilized their array of skills and resources to determine how they could best help me help myself. In my opinion, they succeeded. Rather than just a technical expert, the CEO is entrepreneurial and innovative, which is a rare combination of strengths. Usually, people only have one or the other.

How did Reef Technologies perform from a project management standpoint?

We use Slack and Trello to communicate. Reef Technologies has been quite responsive.

Reef Technologies excels at thinking outside of the box. They don’t limit themselves merely to what you ask them to do. Instead, they make suggestions regarding things I might not have considered.

I’ve been very satisfied and wouldn’t have done anything differently.

My advice is to make sure you are on the same page as the team. Otherwise, you will waste working hours on things you didn’t want. I frequently spoke to the CEO on the phone and face to face using Zoom or other technologies. Consistent communication with the project manager has been the key to having a successful and cost-effective project.

Django Development for E-Commerce Company

“The solutions they propose are incredibly comprehensive and thoughtful.”

Aug. 2017 - Ongoing

Reef Technologies developed a new scalable platform in Django for a just-in-time company. The platform has a complex tagging system that helps automatically fulfill orders for customized products.

Washington, D.C.
CEO, Retail Company

The new system made it possible to launch over 200,000 new products within a year. Reef Technologies went above and beyond to meet all needs, while their expertise, commitment, and ability to find scalable solutions made them stand out among competitors.

I'm the CEO of an e-commerce company with a big data background.

What challenge were you trying to address with Reef Technologies?

Our company requires a very specific system that supports how our products are automatically created, processed, managed, and scaled. Everything is just-in-time. We built own system, but it wasn't scalable, so we were looking for a vendor to help us rebuild it.

First, they looked at our old code. Then, they completely redesigned and rebuilt the entire system from scratch, making it scalable. They worked with Python and Django and were able to come up with creative technical solutions when needed. One of the key functionalities that we have is a tagging system within a complex tagging system, which automatically maps the designs that are ordered to customers. Since we're a just-in-time company, we often make and design first-time products. For example, if someone orders a Viking ship cookie cutter, the system will automatically find that design file, put it in a template column, which is "cookie cutter," and that will be attached to an order that goes into the machine. That is how the fulfillment process is managed.

We've worked with two or three of their team members, including their owner.

How did you come to work with Reef Technologies?

We found them on Upwork. We had an informational interview with them and they seemed very knowledgeable, so we chose them.

We've spent about $12,000.

We started working with them in August 2017 and the relationship is ongoing.

With the scalable system that they developed, we launched about 200,000 new products within the past year. The system has been running without any problems, so we no longer need our previous technical in-house team, which allowed us to save between $50,000–$80,000. They're by far the most impressive team we've worked with. Their technical understanding is incredibly comprehensive.

How did Reef Technologies perform from a project management standpoint?

We mostly use Slack and Trello to communicate. They're very responsive and available 24/7, so they usually get back to me within minutes. We haven't had any issues with communication despite the fact that they're an offshore team

The solutions they propose are incredibly comprehensive and thoughtful.

I can't think of anything.

Be open-minded when it comes to technical solutions. Often, we found their solutions much simpler and more scalable than what we had in mind.

Python Tool Conversion for Financial Analytics Firm

“They possessed an impressive breadth of technical acumen and delivered high-quality work.”

Mar. - June 2017

Reef Technologies updated an existing in-house analytics tool for a SaaS platform. They modified it into a front-facing solution for external customers.

Sausalito, California
CEO, Sales Transaction Analytics Firm

The team from Reef Technologies was trustworthy and easy to work with. Their expertise made the process efficient and they solved every challenge that came up.

I work for a sales transaction analytics firm. We offer consulting services, as well as a custom SaaS product.

For what projects/services did your company hire Reef Technologies?

We hired Reef Technologies to productionalize a portion of our analytics engine.

We wanted to convert an existing internal tool into an external customer-facing solution.

We evaluated reviews of their work via Upwork and then scheduled a phone interview.

They took some Python code that we’d already developed in-house for our internal staff and productionalized it, making it robust for everyday use by our customers.

We worked with our project manager and a front-line developer.

We got off to a good start, and their expertise meant that they were able to easily solve any technological challenges we faced. We’ll definitely call on them in the future with similar projects.

They were reliable and very professional. It was a small project, so it was easy to manage.

We felt confident in their abilities. They possessed an impressive breadth of technical acumen and delivered very high-quality work.

I can’t think of anything.