Custom communications programs for B2B tech brands

Red Fan pushes the boundaries for clients, building and executing customized communications and strategies that help brands and their executives become trusted category leaders, manage their reputations, grow brand awareness and support marketing and sales. The agency delivers communication platforms that map to clients’ business goals, resonate with key audiences, strengthen brand identity and, ultimately, deliver measurable results.

Customized campaigns and strategic alignment

Success to us is about more than short-term wins. Before we build and execute integrated marketing and communications programs, we engage brand leaders directly to identify long-term business goals, barriers to success, market challenges and tangible success metrics.

Marketing + sales integration

Whether you’re a DIY executive or you have a built-out marketing department, our A-team integrates with yours to guarantee we maximize the value of every PR engagement, eliminate silos and create an echochamber among stakeholders with your brand and executives at its center.

The A-team, everytime

Unlike large agencies, the team you see is the team you get. We don’t swap senior leaders for junior staff when a contract is signed. We leverage the full power of our agency at every turn to give our clients the strategic counsel and tactical execution they need to achieve their business and marketing goals.

End-to-end communications strategies

From list-building and individual campaign development to quarterly business reviews and board meetings, our full-service public relations and integrated marketing programs are built and executed to achieve your brand’s unique goals and demonstrate tangible return on your investment in us.

2008
Austin, TX
  • 200 E. 32nd Street
    Austin, TX 78705

Branding & Content Dev for Political Consulting Firm

"Red Fan’s narrative and positioning process didn’t just make my business plan better -- they made me better."

Jan. - June 2020

Red Fan Communications provided narrative and branding efforts for a political consulting firm. They created a press release and a number of content pieces for media and trade journals.

Austin, Texas
Jacob L. Shapiro
Founder & Chief Strategist, Perch Perspectives

Despite launching in the middle of a pandemic, Red Fan Communications' work still contributed to new clients and quality leads. The team had an excellent workflow and was very responsive to email. They were highly professional and made the client feel seen.

I am the Founder and Chief Strategist of Perch Perspectives, a human-centric business and political consulting firm. Perch Perspectives is a small, innovative company providing political risk analysis and guidance to multinationals, NGOs, and governments.

For what projects/services did your company hire Red Fan Communications?

I hired Red Fan to help me articulate the vision for my new company and then to find the right words, strategies, and outlets for launching.

To build a new brand identity from scratch that incorporated the lessons I had learned and the mistakes I had made at previous companies. To create a B2B company and position not just me, but the new team I am building, as a trusted source for political analysis and risk consulting. To generate credibility and interest that would lead directly to client acquisition.

I was introduced to Red Fan via a mutual friend who had hired Red Fan to manage the launch and PR for his new restaurant in Austin, Texas. I was extremely impressed with Red Fan's work and upon meeting with Kathleen and Mimi felt an instant sense of trust. They gave me the confidence and constructive feedback I needed to push forward, and I knew after our very first lunch that I wanted Red Fan's help getting my company off the ground.

Our project had two main phases. Phase 1 was a narrative and branding exercise. I spent a full day with Red Fan's team and then weeks going back and forth on the narrative for the company. Red Fan also was able to connect me with a digital marketing firm that helped us come with the name of the new company and the visual branding. The language that Red Fan produced during Phase 1 became the clearly articulated founding principles of the new company and also the language we used to tell our story and differentiate ourselves competitively during phase 2, the launch. Phase 2 involved a press release and a number of pieces of well-placed content and interviews in important media and trade journals. We also accelerated our timeline because of COVID-19 and Red Fan was able to be flexible and execute our plan even on a shortened timeline.

I have worked with a number of folks on Red Fan's team, but most directly with Matt, Dani, Teanna, Mimi, and Kathleen. Mimi and Kathleen helped bring strategic insight and oversight to the entire project from start to finish. Matt and Dani managed the day-to-day execution of the scope of the work and are as talented at their jobs as they are lovely human beings. Teanna was the direct interface with media opportunities.

Launching during a global pandemic skews any "normal" sense of data. But after launch, Perch Perspectives immediately signed a new client and is close to signing a second as I type here on July 16th. We also were invited by a European government body to address their statistical body on geopolitical risks going forward. To have developed these sorts of quality leads for a new company at a time when budgets are very constrained due to COVID-19 to me is the best evidence of the overall success of Red Fan's efforts.

Excellent. Red Fan's team is quick and responsive on e-mail. Red Fan set up an e-mail list specifically for the Perch Perspectives project. We also set up a shared Slack channel between our teams for instantaneous feedback and real-time collaboration. Red Fan felt very much like a part of our own team.

Red Fan is obviously highly professional and competent but the most impressive thing to me is the way they prioritize people and relationships in their work. Red Fan’s narrative and positioning process didn’t just make my business plan better -- they made me better. Red Fan brought out the very best in me, and by the end of the process, everyone on the team felt not just like my own personal marketing/pr/communications guru but like my friend. I think perhaps you have to be truly “seen” in order to communicate your vision to others -- and Red Fan “saw” me. For that, I’ll be eternally grateful.

Red Fan was excellent. My company was completely satisfied with the engagement.

Overall Score Overall excellence and professionalism.
    Excellent, Red Fan was highly flexible and able to accommodate changes in schedules and plans.
    Red Fan charges a premium because they are the best. It is worth it in the end. You get the quality you pay for.
    I can't imagine what we would have done without them.
    I already have!