Rebelicious web and mobile apps.

Bronze

Having worked with Fortune 500 Companies and as a top web & mobile development company, RebelDot creates top-notch digital experiences for startups and enterprise-level businesses around the world. With vast experience in over 15 industries, we aim to become your digital partner, understand all layers involved in your business, then lead the line towards a thriving digital product.

Our end-to-end product development process takes you from the idea stage, all the way to launching your product. We pay attention to what people love and work with you to create human-centric & purpose-driven experiences for your clients, covering Product Strategy & Tech Advisory, UI/UX Design, Web & Mobile Development, Blockchain and Machine Learning.

Together, we are a cross-functional proficient team of designers, engineers and product strategists transforming knowledge and years of experience into ground-breaking experiences.

We believe that software development is more than coding, which is why we pay great attention to our relationship with you, asking the right strategic questions, optimising costs, delivering on time and making sure the solution we tailor matches a real market need.

One more thing - our job is never really done. We work with you to continuously improve and adapt the product even after launch.

Ready to meet us?

Denmark
  • Dorpstraat 68 A
    Leende 5595 CJ
    Netherlands

Lautec, Samba Communications Ltd, RiggSafe Solutions Inc, Pivot Sport,  Phoenix ATS,  Venncomm,  Omnipark,  Menushare,  Verity,  Alphatech,  Interocloud,  Oxford, Stay Alfred, Otro, UNL.

Menushare

Menushare is a web-based platform enabling distant friends, families and business peers to share meals & drinks as if they were in the same location. The app allows users to view menus, make single payments and communicate via video.

provided:
  • Business Analysis
  • UX-UI Design
  • MVP / Product Development
  • Quality Assurance &  Project Management
  • Maintainance

Samba Networks

As a UK based company with offices in San Francisco,  Samba Networks redefines advertising for mobile, delivering engagement statistics for brands, better yields for publishers and more choices for viewers of brand advertising.

Featured in TechCrunch and an IAB UK partner, Samba's unique advertising product and technology powering makes it possible to reach a 100+

M audience instantly, delivering high-quality advertising experiences.

With a real-time analytics dashboard, Samba delivers continuous updates regarding audiences and advertising spend.

Services Provided:

• Business Analyses
  • UI & UX Design
  • Web Development
  • Mobile Development
  • Quality Assurance & Product Management

The Hubby Hut

An online dating app that delivers a fun and safe experience by connecting users to singles who are already friends with their friends.

AlphaTech

AlphaTech is a software that gives users the ability to create their own customized app in as little as 30 minutes. AlphaTech is secure, extensible, interoperable, secure and most importantly easy to manage.

Services Provided:

• Business Analysis & Tech Advisory
  • UI/UX Design
  • Web Development

Lautec

As a Danish company with offices in Copenhagen, Taiwan, Aarhus and Melbourne, Lautec brings innovation into the renewable energy industry.

With a deep understanding of the development and execution of large scale wind power projects, they provide consulting and cloud-based systems for improved project execution.

provided:
  • Business Analyses
  • UI & UX Design
  • Full Product Development
  • Quality Assurance & Product Management

Growtech

Growtech is a productivity tool, managing the layers and entire process of building a business, from idea to validation. it helps users build business plans and takes them through all the important steps towards pitching to investors.

Provided:
  • Business Analysis
  • UX-UI Design
  • MVP Development
  • Quality Assurance & Project Management
  • Maintainance

Software Development for IT Firm

"RebelDot was involved in making sure the project was a success."

Jun. - Oct. 2018

RebelDot developed a web-based health record application for doctors and clinics. The system was for digitizing appointment records and patient files. Their team continues providing support for the MVP.

Bucharest, Romania
Bogdan Zecheru
Partner, InteroCloud

RebelDot delivered a high-quality MVP before deadline. Their professional team works quickly to meet their clients’ goals. They’re supportive and communicative. Customers can expect a skilled, responsive and experienced team.

I’m one of the partners at InteroCloud, a small IT company in Romania.

What challenge were you trying to address with RebelDot?

We wanted to create a web application for doctors that was essentially a web-based EHR (electronic health record). In Romania, this is a challenge because a lot of medical clinics have yet to go digital. We wanted a solution for clinics to keep their appointments that have several modules for bookings, patient records, and other electronic files.

We started with a brainstorming session where their team gave their input on what we should implement, what isn’t working, and what could work. Shortly after the sessions ended, the development of the solution began.

In total, we worked with between 5–6 people. Alex (Manager, RebelDot) was our project manager and Vlad (Former Business Development Manager, RebelDot) was our account manager. We also engaged with developers and a UX designer.

How did you come to work with RebelDot?

We connected with them back in 2018. I’m located in Bucharest, while they’re in another city. They invited us to their office for a workshop where we spent several days brainstorming. After that session, we contacted them for development.

We’ve invested about €97,000 (approximately $109,000 USD).

We worked with RebelDot from June–October 2018.

The MVP launched at the end of September 2018. I’m happy with their work and the support they offered after the MVP launch. Their team made sure everything was running smoothly. Even if there is an issue now, I know I can call or send an email, and they’ll jump right on it.

How did RebelDot perform from a project management standpoint?

Vlad made sure to work closely with our team to guarantee the project would move as expected. Since I was located in Bucharest, we had daily stand-ups every morning. We discussed the previous day, any changes that needed to be made, and what needed to be done the next day. Everything went smoothly. We also talked through email and a project management web solution that they had. RebelDot excelled at meeting deadlines, delivering the project faster than we initially discussed.

RebelDot was involved in making sure the project was a success. They offered support from start to finish. Compared to other companies I approached, they also completed work very fast. The fact that their team finished the work earlier than they initially stated distinguishes them from other market competitors in the area.

I don’t have anything in mind to say about that. I’m happy with everything RebelDot has done.

Allow them to get involved and take advice from them. Their team has the experience to guide you through the project, giving tips and tricks for success. If you’re not as experienced, working with RebelDot would be an excellent choice.

They’re a bit more expensive than other competitors in Romania.

UX/UI Design for Application Development Portal

"Their team is professional and gets the job done. They have good people on staff."

Aug. 2018 - Ongoing

RebelDot designed and developed the graphical user interface (GUI) for an online mobile app building portal. They designed all of the user flows, including account creation, app creation, and user interaction.

Miami, Florida
Lorin Morar
Founder, AlphaTech Technology

The GUI is now live, garnering favorable reviews from internal stakeholders. RebelDot’s team follows a result-oriented mindset. Not only are they willing to expedite work to meet strict timelines, but they also know best practices when it comes to UX/UI design. They’re now working on new features.

AlphaTech is a portal that allows users to build their own mobile apps online.

What challenge were you trying to address with RebelDot?

I reached out to RebelDot to design and build the graphical user interface (GUI) for our platform. Since this is a brand new product, we had to create it from the ground up.

I spoke with their UI specialist in 2018 to start designing workflows and screens for our mobile app development platform. The workflow would cover account creation and management, the app creation flow, and user interactions.

RebelDot’s team had a lot of insights on best practices, so I valued their input when it came to the flow of each screen and how the interface should be implemented. After solidifying the specs, I met with their programming team to implement their work.

I mostly spoke with their owner and Tamás (UX & Product Design Lead, RebelDot). I also have my own team working on site with them, so, when they start working, I have someone working there, too.

How did you come to work with RebelDot?

That’s a funny story. One of their employees actually lived in the same apartment building as my parents, so that’s how we got acquainted.

The project started in August 2019 and is still ongoing. Actually, we managed to launch the product last week, so it’s live. Now, we’re continuing to work on adding new features.

It’s too early to give any customer feedback since we just launched. But the most important thing is that I like the platform and like using it. We’ll see how our users take to it.

How did RebelDot perform from a project management standpoint?

We mostly use Slack to communicate as well as email. They’re pretty responsive whenever I bring up any issues. A couple of months ago, I needed to have a demo completed to show a company, and they stayed up late to finish whatever we needed to be done that night.

I’ve been doing custom development for a very long time, working with different teams across different countries. And, I have to say, I really enjoy working with RebelDot. Their team is professional and gets the job done. They have good people on staff.

No, nothing comes to mind. I really enjoy working with them.

The best advice for anyone starting a project with an off-shore company is to make sure that you have your own requirements done. Communicate with the dev team all the time.

I already have.

Web-based Platform Development for Startup

“RebelDot became a very useful partner and helped me expand my ideas along the way.”

2014 - Ongoing

RebelDot developed a web-based platform and corresponding Android mobile app to connect diners at restaurants. They programmed the product in Java and collaborated with other hardware and software specialists.

Great Falls, Virginia
Mirza Ahmad
Founder, Menushare

RebelDot delivered a fully functional product that enabled the client to move forward with their efforts. The solution they provide minimizes expenses and maximizes ROI. They facilitated a seamless dynamic between the several parties involved. Friendly and flexible, they put the client at ease.

I’m the founder of Menushare, a collaboration platform for restaurants.

What challenge were you trying to address with RebelDot?

I had a high-level concept in mind for how to create a product that lets people at different restaurant locations share a common menu and have breakfast, lunch, or dinner as if they were at the same restaurant.

We wanted to create an experience that would replicate a restaurant environment and make users feel like they were sitting in front of each other. I hired RebelDot to develop the web-based platform.

Based on my broad idea, RebelDot thoroughly walked me through the planning stages for our project before we began the development. Our app is built for the Android platform. They used a version of Java for the programming.

Our collaboration involves between 4-5 different companies who supply the hardware, payment gateways, and some software, but RebelDot has completed 90% of the development so far.

RebelDot became a very useful partner and helped me expand my ideas along the way. When I was working by myself, I didn’t have a full grasp on the product. They helped me expand my ideas.

The team included 6 –7 people including an architect, developers, testers, a project manager, and the owner of RebelDot.

How did you come to work with RebelDot?

After reviewing a few different companies, I selected RebelDot because they made me feel the most comfortable. I liked the way they answered my questions.

The founder explained things very well. He arranged the first meeting with three teammates who each explained a specific component of the project development.

We’ve spent $300,000 so far.

We started working together in 2014 and made the last payment in early 2018, but I still consider the engagement to be ongoing. RebelDot is not active for us right now, but we will re-engage them once we reach a certain point in our marketing efforts.

RebelDot has delivered tangible results we now have in our possession. They developed our product so I could have something functional in my hands to show the other parties who are involved in this project.

Unfortunately, the product isn’t ready yet due to reasons that are unrelated to their work.  We’re now getting more into the sales and commercialization stages. I still speak with them often to brainstorm new ideas.

RebelDot has provided a very cost-effective solution. I’ve been very happy with them so far. They have been wonderful people to work with and have taught me many useful things. I frequently seek their input and advice on what they feel is the right approach. They’re always very helpful. We collaborate well together.

How did RebelDot perform from a project management standpoint?

Project management has been excellent. I am totally dependent on them in many ways since I don’t have a technology background. Their support was especially crucial before our company hired a CTO.

RebelDot has done everything right. They clearly explained their methodology and guided me through every step of the process. We use an Atlassian collaboration tool to update the project as we go along. The project manager took notes and keep everything up to date.

Our CTO is very impressed with RebelDot, especially their presentations and communication style. They always make an effort to clarify the information we provide.

Every positive impression I’ve had of RebelDot has been reinforced by our CTO. He has worked with many offshore companies and likes RebelDot a lot. In fact, he actually hired them to work on a separate project, which speaks to their abilities.

No, I’m happy with them.

It’s always a good idea to narrow down the specifications, even if you have to make payments before starting the project. I encourage future clients to be clear and ask questions. Keep in mind that the project will evolve and might take shape differently than you predict.

Their prices are at the lower end for the eastern European market.

Custom Development for Apartment Rental Company

"Their ability to adapt to our business requests is outstanding."

Jul 2018 - Ongoing

Using the designs provided by the in-house team, RebelDot developed an internal software solution that helps an apartment building manage various maintenance actions.

Spokane, Washington
Product Owner, Commercial Real Estate Company

The new system helps standardize operational procedures and assess maintenance costs. RebelDot went above and beyond to meet all needs, while their knowledgeable and highly-skilled team brought valuable insight to the project.

I'm a product owner at a commercial real estate company. We offer hotel-style accommodations in high-end downtown apartment buildings.

What challenge were you trying to address with RebelDot?

We needed a vendor to help us develop an internal customer-facing software solution.

First, we met with their team and discussed our needs. I gave them my design and RebelDot built a software that we can use to manage cleanings and other maintenance actions in the buildings where we operate. We went through a very large sprint-planning process with them and then, I had regular stand-up calls with their development unit. They understand our marketplace very well, so they bring up the things we haven't even thought about and make valuable recommendations. The development work is mostly finished at this point, but we're still making modifications to the system.

We mostly work with a delivery manager and three full-time developers. They also bring in other resources as needed to help us accomplish our goals.

How did you come to work with RebelDot?

They did a couple of other projects for us previously and we had great results, so we decided to bring them in for this project.

We started working with them in July 2018, and the relationship is ongoing.

We've been very happy with the whole process from start to finish. We had the metrics designed around our cleaning system, so we could start standardizing operational procedures throughout our entire portfolio. It enables us to track how long it takes for a team of people to clean our units and access the costs of cleaning, which helps us negotiate better contracts with our vendors.

How did RebelDot perform from a project management standpoint?

They're very hard-working, diligent, and dedicated. They're fluent in English and answer any questions that we have. We added them to our internal Slack channel and they've been very responsive. They've kept the project on track and provided valuable insight if there was an issue with the system.

They're very adaptable. They have a broad range of knowledge and they've worked with our system before. Their ability to adapt to our business requests is outstanding.

I can't think of anything.

Be as clear as possible about what you're looking for and allow them to ask the questions they might have.

Mobile App Dev for Social Media Company

"Everyone is professional and courteous and good at what they do."

Sept. 2017 - Ongoing

RebelDot developed a mobile app prototype and is now expanding it into a beta version. They've also contributed to functionality conceptualization and frontend design.

Hamish Lyons
Founder, RECRE8TION MEDIA INC.

The prototype was critical in gathering funding for beta development. Respectful and communicative, RebelDot has fostered a collaborative partnership. Their design and UI work has garnered significant positive feedback from early testers.

I’m the founder and director of RECRE8TION MEDIA INC.

For what projects/services did your company hire RebelDot?

We’re a launching a social mobile app and brought on RebelDot to help with the prototype. Later, we decided to have them build the full app as well.

We set out to create a beta version of the app that would convey our concept to prospective clients and investors.

We heard about them through word of mouth. They built a dating app for a friend of mine, who said they were cost-effective and that they communicated clearly.

Starting with the prototype, we discussed our goals with them and our desired functionality for the app. I then worked with their designers and frontend coders to produce a prototype. After gaining some interest from prospective clients, we worked on a beta version of the app. This was simpler because we’d done the work with the prototype. The execution has been relatively painless.

Initially, I interacted with people from different departments in large Skype calls, but as we progressed, I spoke with a single point of contact who oversaw the entire project.

I constantly receive great feedback about the app’s look and feel and functionality.

It’s been relatively simple. They’re reliable, communicative, and productive.

Everyone is professional and courteous and good at what they do.

There’s always something you’d do differently, but our process to this point has been pleasant and productive, which is more than we can ask for.

Product Development for Environmental Consulting Firm

"They’re friendly and accommodating, and I’ve enjoyed our in-person meetings."

Dec. 2015 - Ongoing

RebelDot develops software products for clients of a consulting firm. They build platforms using the .NET framework, writing backend architecture in C# and frontend components in Angular.js.

Denmark
Anders Pihlkjaer
CEO, Consulting Firm

Their team develops software products that are impactful and effective. Their dedication and flexibility enable them to manage several projects simultaneously. Using a collaborative and transparent approach, RebelDot ensures that development processes run smoothly and efficiently.

I’m the CEO of a Danish consultancy. We provide IT and project management services to firms in the offshore wind power industry.

What challenge were you trying to address with RebelDot?

We hired them to build several IT products. We had some ideas for systems that could be used by our clients, but we didn’t have the resources to develop them in-house.

For the first product, they started the project after receiving our scope and specifications, along with user stories and a prototype that we created in Excel. They broke our design down into sections based on the user stories, and then initiated the development of the platform. They’re still working on small feature updates.

Their team has now moved to the design phase for a quality management system, which will be the next module in our platform. They do most of their development in .NET using C# and Angular.js. They’ve also upgraded some of our platforms from Angular.js to Angular 7. All of their code is cloud-based, and their products run on web browsers.

I’ve worked with Tom (UX/Product Design Specialist, RebelDot), Ioana (Software Developer, RebelDot), and several other developers and designers. Alex (Manager, RebelDot) is my main point of contact, and I occasionally speak with Tudor (CEO, RebelDot) about non-technical matters.

How did you come to work with RebelDot?

I was referred to RebelDot by a friend who was completing a project with them. My business partner and I went and met with them for three days to discuss our business and potential projects. We chose them because they seemed capable of developing our ideas, and there was good chemistry between our teams.

We began development in December 2015, and the partnership is ongoing.

They’ve developed successful IT systems that we’ve been able to sell to clients.

How did RebelDot perform from a project management standpoint?

Initially, we handled project management, but recently they’ve expanded their role in managing our development projects. For example, we’ve started using a project management platform that displays burn down charts and shows forecasting information. They’ve built most of our products using the Scrum method, which has been very effective.

Their team is professional, and they communicate well both verbally and in writing. They’ve also been responsive throughout the partnership.

They’re friendly and accommodating, and I’ve enjoyed our in-person meetings.

At the outset, they didn’t provide regular updates and progress reports, and they weren’t proactive about communicating with our team. Also, they could do a better job of identifying areas where we can save on costs.

Engage with their team. Meet with them in person, and make yourself available to answer questions. Heavy collaboration is the key to successful IT projects.

Custom Development for Advertising Platform

“They've been extremely supportive of the business. We wouldn't be where we are without them.”

$1,000,000 - $9,999,999

Jan. 2011 - Ongoing

Replacing an in-house team, RebelDot provides all technology services from new product development, including front- and backend, to server hosting.

Neil Patrick
Co-founder & CEO, Samba Networks

Feedback and quantitative metrics are consistently positive and strong. Communicative and hardworking, RebelDot applies creative problem solving and technical skills to effectively achieve business objectives.

I’m the co-founder and CEO of Samba Networks, a specialist in-app advertising company. We provide targeted user-first advertising that engages users without interrupting the existing service.

What challenge were you trying to address with RebelDot?

We don’t have any highly-skilled developers on staff so, we needed to entirely outsource our technical needs.

RebelDot provides for all our technology needs including the complete tech stack, technology builds, and new product development. They developed both of our core products based on our requirements—one called Selector which provides a choice of ads and another called Carousel that shows single ads—with a number of iterations of those products over the years. We initially launched those products in-app, but they’re transferable across other digital assets including on desktop.

They manage our technical architecture in addition to the frontend products. They developed a real-time console for us. They’ve been involved in the backend development of our website, and they manage our server hosting.

We work with three developers who are led by their CTO. We can draw on additional specialist members of their team as needed.

How did you come to work with RebelDot?

Our CTO at the time had worked with them before and introduced us.

We’ve spent over $1 million in total.

We’ve been working together since January 2011.

The feedback from advertisers and brands as well as the performance statistics for the products themselves have all been strong. Our quantitative metrics, such as click-through rates, are higher than industry averages. Our consumer research has shown that users have higher brand favorability than a control group.

Because they’ve built our products to be transferrable, we’re expanding to launch on desktops as well. Our revenues were 100% in-app but this year will be split 50/50 between desktop and in-app services.

How did RebelDot perform from a project management standpoint?

We typically communicate via Skype as we’re based in the UK, and they’re based in Romania. We also use phone and e-mail. They have an internal project management tool that I have access to. They're hardworking and almost always available to put in extra hours if needed.

They've been extremely supportive of the business. We wouldn't be where we are without them. There's absolutely no doubt about that. From a personal point of view, I don't know a single developer that has the capabilities that their CTO has. His creative solutions and problem-solving are second to none as far as I'm concerned. He comes up with solutions that nobody else has been able to, which is great.

Generally, no. There was a period last year during which they changed their management structure a little bit to bring in individual project managers. That didn’t work for us—there were too many people involved—so they were willing to revert to the prior arrangement. That was the only time that things didn’t work as efficiently as usual.

Get some of the CTO’s time if possible. Be sure to plan the project up front and make sure that everything is documented from a business analysis perspective once the requirements are known. Their developers are great. Make sure you have the right number and mix of them on the team.

Bronze