Web Designer | WordPress & Squarespace

Reaves Projects designs websites with a clean aesthetic that are easy and affordable to maintain. We work with a variety of existing CMS tools such as Squarespace, WordPress, Shopify, Wix and Weebly. We take your product and intended audience into consideration and develop a brand that generates maximum engagement.

Our national client list includes art galleries, authors, bloggers, hobbyists, individuals, online retailers, painters, personal assistance, photographers, poets and even a jump rope team. Let us add you to the list.

Freelancer
New York, NY

Website Design for Meditation, Mindfulness & Fitness Studio

“Sharon really aligned with my vision.”

June 2015 - Ongoing

Reaves Projects designed and launched a Squarespace website. More recently, they helped with a rebrand. Reaves Projects updated the designs and integrated the site with MINDBODY. They provide ongoing support.

British Columbia, Canada
Miriam Desjardins
Owner, Meditation, Mindfulness & Fitness Studio

The site has garnered praise from clients. Reaves Projects offers quick response times and reliable service, spurring continued engagement. They communicate well and excel at turning a vision into a tangible design.

I’m a business coach and mentor at Miriam Desjardins, a meditation, mindfulness, and fitness studio.

What challenge were you trying to address with Reaves Projects?

I initially hired Reaves Projects to design my website, and I re-engaged them to help with a rebrand.

Sharon (Owner and Web Designer, Reaves Projects) designed and launched my initial website on Squarespace. I provided most of the images and copy, the latter of which Sharon helped me edit and tweak. She created the designs.

Over the last year, Sharon helped me with a rebrand. She updated my brand design. She also helped integrate my website with MINDBODY so that my customers can make purchases and schedule classes online.

I only work with Sharon.

How did you come to work with Reaves Projects?

A local yoga teacher had a beautiful website, and she recommended Reaves Projects.

I’ve spent between $3,000–$4,000.

We started working together in June 2015, and the work is ongoing.

The site receives positive client feedback. Whenever I want to make changes to my site or brand, Sharon is my go-to person.

How did Reaves Projects perform from a project management standpoint?

Sharon is great, and I have absolutely no problem connecting with her. She’s a clear communicator. Her response rate is really fast, and she’s very reliable.

Sharon really aligned with my vision. She understood what I was trying to communicate and how I wanted that to appear visually. She put it together for me, and I was really happy with how it turned out.

No, I haven’t had any issues at all.

I had a really clear vision and knew what I was looking for. I also had my copy ready to go; however, Sharon also works with people who don’t have their own copy.

Overall Score I’ll continue to work with her.
    I gave her a flexible window of time, but she easily had the work done within the period of time I wanted it completed.
    I work with her because her costs are so reasonable. She provides great value for the cost and the services that she offers.
    The quality is great; she isn’t lacking in any areas. She 100% meets my expectations and exceeds it with the service she provides.

Web Development for Art Consultancy

“The value I get for their services and the clear personal connection with them is priceless.”

2014 - Ongoing

Reaves Projects created a website from scratch for an art advisor. They provide 24/7 technical support and insight into functionalities to reach a diverse, global audience.

John Haas
CEO, Haas Art Advisory

The site is a cornerstone of the brand model, and Reaves Projects is an integral part of its structure. They offer a human touch and are easy to reach, while their initiatives and direction are thoughtful and thorough.

I'm an international art advisor and consultant for private and corporate clients around the globe.

What challenge were you trying to address with Reaves Projects?

Initially, I hired them to launch my website and help me find ways to reach a larger audience.

They designed and developed the site from scratch. I'm not at all proficient or knowledgeable in this arena, so I wanted a specialist to handle all the things I couldn't do. The site has functionalities that help me reach the global art community and private sector clients. I have several options for a private and corporate acquisition. The site speaks to the whole gamut of people, from individuals who have never collected artworks through to specialists in corporate art acquisition.

The most valuable part of our collaboration was their consultative input. We had multiple meetings and calls, and they offered 24/7 support. I could ask questions, and they helped me understand how the technology worked. They were always quick and efficient.

I just worked with their team lead.

How did you come to work with Reaves Projects?

A friend in the arts recommended them. We started with a consultation where we discussed their capabilities, style, and what I could expect. I felt immediately comfortable with them and wanted to work with them.

I've spent somewhere near $20,000. The value I get for their services and the clear personal connection with them is priceless.

We started working together in 2014. The work is ongoing, and I'll always value their help.

It's not always easy to get an appointment with them, but I always get immediate responses to my emails. I can send appointment calendars or schedules to them to keep up with meetings.

How did Reaves Projects perform from a project management standpoint?

They are beyond excellent project managers. They're tremendously helpful and walked me through the launch of my first business. They had initiatives and ideas that I hadn't considered, and they cared about the steps I took.

Their intelligence and professionalism, mixed with their personal, human touch is so important to me. I appreciate that a real person responds to my questions or resolves my issues.

I don't have any problems with them. They offer immediate solutions and directions.

They're very easy to work with, and I've referred them a few times. They give their all to every project, and I don't have any specific advice for someone who hopes to work with them. I think they could help anyone, either as a startup or an established company. They take initiative, and they give excellent direction.

Overall Score I enjoy their process, and I never feel intimidated by them. They inspire me and encourage me to take my company in new directions.
    I've pushed the envelope for timelines, and they always come in ahead of time and exceeded my expectations.
    Their rates are going up, but they're worth it. The value for their service is without question.
    I've worked with them for five years, and I've always received consistently good service, direction, and advice.
    I would absolutely recommend them.

Website Redesign for Pilates Studio

"I couldn't be more happy with the website Reaves Projects designed—it represents us perfectly."

Mar. - May 2019

Reaves Projects redesigned an informational website to reflect a pilates brand.

Miami, Florida
Gretchen Wagoner
Pilates Instructor Owner & Instructor, Breathe Pilates Miami

Internal stakeholders have received more inquiries since the website launched. The updated platform accurately captures the brand with a thoughtful, polished design. Reaves Projects excels at managing tasks using a personable yet professional communication style.

I’m the owner and an instructor at a pilates studio.

For what projects/services did your company hire Reaves Projects?

When we first opened 2.5 years ago, I designed our website on Weebly. Once we started to grow, I realized that I needed something more polished to represent us. We hired Reaves Projects to redesign our existing website.

We wanted a site that was polished and clean. The ideal site would represent the look and feel of our studio.

I saw her work when she created a beautiful site for my best friend's bookkeeping business.

Reaves Projects redesigned our existing website to create a beautifully designed and well thought out platform.

The team consisted of Sharon (Web Designer, Reaves Projects) and myself.

I couldn't be more happy with the website Reaves Projects designed—it represents us perfectly. I have noticed more calls about our studio, and I'm sure that the professional look of our website has something to do with that.

Reaves Projects really drove the project forward as I'm very busy and not at my computer often. Sharon was firm, yet patient when asking me to complete tasks. I felt like she was the driving force in our common goal of getting the website completed.

Sharon was proactive in making this website a reality.  She is a great communicator, and she explained very early on what would be required of me. Her professional yet easygoing nature makes her a pleasure to work with. Also, if she didn’t know the answer to a question, she would take the initiative to research and find a solution for us.

Honestly, I can't think of any areas that need improvement.

Website Redesign and Updates for Dress Company

"I would hire Reaves Projects again and I have already referred them to other businesses."

Feb. - Apr. 2019

Reaves Projects redesigned and updated a website. They took out obsolete information, improved the layout and content, and incorporated new photos and content.

Berkeley, California
Nanette Mervin
Owner/Designer, Wearginger

The improvements received positive feedback from the customer. Reaves Projects works quickly and takes initiative, making useful suggestions to optimize outcomes. Expect open communication and a seamless workflow.

I am the owner and designer of a small dress company. I produce locally and sell the dresses directly to consumers through events and online as well as wholesale to boutiques.

For what projects/services did your company hire Reaves Projects?

My website needed a complete overhaul.

My goals were to update and refresh our website with current inventory and clean up and organize what was no longer needed.

I found Sharon (Web Designer, Reaves Projects) through Upwork. I had never hired anyone via the web to work remotely before, so I was unsure how it was going to work. I chose her for the job based on her clean and simple aesthetics and how easy she was to communicate within the initial introduction phase.

Reaves Projects took out extra and old information I no longer needed on the site. Sharon came up with solutions to various layout and content issues and added in all the new photos and content.

I worked directly with Sharon at Reaves Projects.

I am very pleased with the website.

Sharon is a very good communicator and works quickly. She was proactive and wasn't afraid to suggest changes that she thought would make the outcome better.

I was impressed with how seamless the project was and how easy it was to work with Sharon. I would hire Reaves Projects again and I have already referred them to other businesses.

No, I’m completely satisfied.

It was very easy to schedule with them.
    I received more than I expected.
    Their work was excellent.

Website Design for Financial Management Group

"They were exactly the kind of partner I wanted in my corner."

Nov. 2017 - Mar. 2018

Reaves Projects redesigned, developed, and launched a website.

Lezlie Hall
Managing Associate, Lezlie Hall Associates

The vibrant, creative website met every expectation and serves as an outstanding sales tool. Through an efficient workflow and precise communication, Reaves Projects kept the project on track. Their quick wit and exceptional customer service made the whole process simple, enjoyable, and easy.

LHA is a bookkeeping and financial management group that provides business services to small creative and nonprofit organizations.

For what projects/services did your company hire Reaves Projects?

Reaves Projects designed, built, and launched our website.

We wanted a modern, irreverent interpretation of the traditional financial services website. Since creative clients view our services as dull, we wanted to counter their assumptions and spark curiosity with a fresh, funny design.

We submitted the project on 99 Designs. Several designers submitted ideas and bids, but Reaves Projects immediately clicked. Their previous work, promptness and professionalism, and snappy sense of humor attracted us from the start.

We had a logo, a few ideas, no experience, and limited time. We needed the launch to coincide with the restructuring of our practice. We only knew that it should be sassy, simple, and easy to manage. Reaves Projects had a few conversations with us and understood our ideas. They built the funny, vibrant website we wanted.

The owner worked directly with me.

The site has become our best closer. If a potential client checks out our website, before or after they meet us, we always have a deal.

The workflow was incredible. We had consistent, thorough, efficient, and meaningful communication. We got a phone call when necessary and emailed when that made sense. I'm so grateful for that!

They prompted us just enough to move the project forward. Their extreme patience kept the process moving forward. I would have deviated from the plan or stalled from lack of time and experience. Building a website wasn't in my wheelhouse, but we had fun.

I was lucky to connect with Reaves Projects during such a challenging, exciting and important time. Their owner had an exceptionally sharp mind, eye, and wit. She was an excellent collaborator who made the work seem easy.

They were exactly the kind of partner I wanted in my corner. I even use our experience with them as a model for approaching our clients. Reaves Projects gave us much more than a website.

I can't complain about anything. They should keep doing what they do!

Overall Score They were the best.
    I couldn't have finished without their help!
    It was so reasonable!
    It was amazing and exactly what we wanted. They read our minds.
    I have already done so many times.

Website & Online Store Dev for Art Center

"Our audience is responding to the e-commerce option better than predicted."

Feb. 2016 - Ongoing

Reaves Projects helped redesign a website to boost overall functionality and design, with the primary new feature being e-commerce capability for membership and event sales.

Latrobe, Pennsylvania
Lauren Buches
Executive Director, Latrobe Art Center

The improved site, lauded internally and externally, has significantly increased ticket sales. Expertise and meticulousness are hallmarks of their work. Reaves Projects accepts constructive input well but also brings creative ideas of their own to the table at a reasonable value.

I’m the executive director of a community art center and gallery. We’re a membership gallery where artists can display and sell their work for a nominal fee. We also provide art classes for students of all ages and experience levels, as well as community events. I’m responsible for the overall operation of the art center, from daily operations to marketing to strategic planning.

For what projects/services did your company hire Reaves Projects?

We initially hired them to overhaul and redesign our website. We needed an easy-to-search events calendar, online galleries to display artists' work, and the ability to buy tickets for events at varying prices based on a variety of factors for each event.

We wanted an aesthetically pleasing website that met our needs. We anticipated this project would help us increase our overall sales for events and classes.

The previous director selected Reaves Projects based on their experience in designing websites for artists and galleries. I maintained the relationship once I took over because of their knowledge and willingness to take the time to show me how to change aspects of the website.

Beyond the initial website redesign on Squarespace, we retained them to add an e-commerce store for online ticket sales for events, membership sales, and donations. Previously, our only system for buying tickets was either in person or over the phone, which we believe was limiting our ability to market and promote our programs. They continue to provide site maintenance.

We work exclusively with Sharon (director, Reaves Projects).

Our Board absolutely loves the new website redesign. The community does so as well from the comments I've received in person. The biggest quantifiable impact is online sales. While only live for four weeks, e-commerce accounted for 16% of the total sales of our first event. Online sales of an Easter event have already accounted for 25% of available slots. Our audience is responding to the e-commerce option better than predicted.

Project management was quite simple. I described to Reaves Project via both email and over the phone what we wanted. They showed us several e-commerce examples to find out what we liked and how they could be implemented on our website. They moved forward once we agreed on a price, checking in as needed to ask questions.

I really appreciate the one-on-one attention we receive. Reaves Projects is conscientious about the work they do and want their clients to be knowledgeable about how the website works.

No, not that I can think of at this time.

Overall Score We're thrilled with their work.
    Work is done promptly, and issues are addressed quickly.
    It's very reasonable for the quality of work we received.
    Everything is functional and up to expectations.
    I'm very likely to recommend them.