Let's Build Something Awesome

Helping small businesses solve problems online is what we're into. The goal is to help optimize your website and online processes to save you time, money and frustration. We specialize in agile development, efficient project management and agency overflow.

Houston, TX
  • 5322 W Bellfort #210
    Houston, TX 77035

Centerpoint Energy, Shell, Home Service Plus, Blue Cross Blue Shield, Phillips 76,

EveningStar.io Image

EveningStar.io

EveningStar.io is a cryptocurrency information aggregator that a few friends and I put together last year. It has been a fun side project and has 200+ feeds pulling information from thousands of news sources on the web. We have about 3,000 registered users.

The idea was to have a one-stop shop for all things cryptocurrency, with news, real-time pricing, events, research articles, portfolio tracking, wallet tracking and

other features. A group of friends and I originally built this for ourselves and decides to launch it to the public when cryptocurrency started getting a large following. The site is on autopilot now and has 200+ feeds integrated into it. We have 3,000+ users and well over a million pageviews since August 2017 with no advertising.

This was a really fun project in that we took an idea and making it tangible product in a few months, all the way from the logo to the finished product. It uses a completely custom WordPress backend and is fully automated (other than the featured news, which admins can do by 'favoriting' newsworthy stories). This project is a hobby of mine and nothing more.

cdh

cdh

Blue Cross Blue Shield App

Blue Cross Blue Shield Member Journey App

I helped a local agency develop a new insurance app that helps onboard patients by taking them on a 'customer journey' showcasing all of the features, benefits and advantages to using their insurance products and services. The app was developed to be used by sales and onboarding specialists on iPads, to help show potential customers benefits and features without handing them a

packet of paper.

I helped develop the awesome designs into usable, interesting screens that a user can easily navigate. The client wanted it to help onboard prospective and new customers and show them visually different aspects of the product. They wanted EVERYTHING to have an animation, nothing to be 'static' and it to feel very fluid throughout all the interactions. Did I mention the tight deadline?

Boostrap, Angular.js and GSAP helped me bring the designs to life and add lots of cascading animations, smooth scrolling and transitions. We made it fast, fun, and made everything dance together. Now their team can explain the products and easy enough that the customer can browse the options themselves. In the end I think the product turned out great and the client loved it. And we met their deadline.

Custom Real-time Dashboards Image

Custom Real-time Dashboards

I build custom real-time dashboards with at-a-glance weather radar, calendars, traffic, stock quotes, 7 day forecast and can integrate any API or feed so you have a constant pulse on the data you need to operate. I use the screens from old laptops and a Raspberry Pi to build a stationary, standalone, on-all-the-time dashboards.

NPSP25 Website Image

NPSP25 Website

The New Personality Self Portrait is a best-silling book that is celebrating its 25th year in production. We created an awesome online personality test that users can take to gauge how their personality traits compare to others that have taken the test. The goal was to make an online version of their test, and automatically calculate not only their individual scores, but produce charts and documents related to their score. This

was one of the most fun projects to work on because its so unique yet impactful.

You may have taken a personality quiz at your doctors office or in school when you were younger. Remember adding up all your scores and trying to look at a gauge after a boring multiple choice test? We wanted to change that by creating an easy to use (anywhere) test that was also a little bit different than all the competitors. We needed to make sure it was fast, discreet and users could start and stop their test whenever they want.

For payments, we integrated Stripe and Paypal - users can buy as many tests as they want and current users can 'invite' their friends and family also. After integration of the custom, mobile-friendly quiz we built a simple backend where users can see their test results, export PDFs, research anbd also invite users if they want. We also have abandonded cart emails setup that send users discounts to push conversions.

Red Tuna Shirt Club  Image

Red Tuna Shirt Club

RedTunaShirtClub.com is an awesome subscription based t-shirt company catering towards fishing enthusiasts. They came to me in 2015 wanting to completely revamp their website - the goal was to streamline their custom management process, automate their fulfillment and overall make it easy for them to handle day-to-day operations of their website.

We essentially created a custom CRM for them in the backend, complete with

membership and subscription management, inventory management and a slew of other time-saving functions. This helped save them time and allowed them to focus on marketing. We created scripts and logic that automatically charge and generate orders for customers based on their selections - then we integrated the fulfillment centers API to automatically fulfill the orders. Autopilot is awesome. We also  integrated not only the fulfillment centers API, but also the PayPal Pro API to handle single and recurring payments. We also created custom abandonded cart emails, promo codes, referral codes, gift certificates and other conversion optimizations.

No more spreadsheets, digging into databases and trying to juggle managing customers, orders, subscriptions, promo codes, gift certicates AND making sure all the order get fulfilled. Now they can manage everything in one place, and also know that orders automatically go out to customers, correctly.

Cahill Heating Rentals Image

Cahill Heating Rentals

Webpage Design & Development for Industrial Distribution Co

"He is confident in what he does and eager for you to see the reward."

June 2019 - Ongoing

Raven Digital designed and developed a professional website for a small industrial distribution business. Currently, they're preparing for 2020 goals, which involves growing the site and exploring e-commerce.

Katlin Ledvina
Part Owner, Fox Fastener & Supply

The newfound internet presence has earned the business multiple contracts worldwide, and the site also functions as a digital business card. Raven Digital brings a personal touch to their projects. Consistently going the extra mile, they always take the time to learn about their clients.

I am a part owner of an industrial distribution company in Houston Texas.

For what projects/services did your company hire Raven Digital?

We hired Raven Digital to help us with designing our Website.

We wanted a LEGIT, professional website that encapsulated everything we do. In order to compete with the big dogs in our industry our #1 priority was to have a strong internet presence, at least when you are googling in the Houston area.

I have seen other web sites of small businesses and while they are helpful, I really wanted my website to stand out and to feel just as professional as the big timers in our industry.

I spoke with 3 or 4 web designers before choosing Cal at Raven Digital. He has positive energy, and was eager to help my business grow, get our name out there in the internet world.

You can tell he loves his profession to help his customers succeed. He was thorough in getting to know exactly what our business entailed, in order to capture it all on our website.

Raven Digital designed our web page beautifully. That is all we have done thus far. With new 2020 goals we will be meeting with Cal to grow our website and maybe start an E-Commerce, which would be huge for our line of work!

Cal is the only guy on the team, I was in contact with. He was very communicative which I appreciated so I only had to deal with one person. It was easier to meet with him and have one person focus in our company and get to know what we do.

With the whole world online now, building a legit webpage has helped us to get on multiple contracts worldwide. We have had the opportunity to send people from different companies our website for them to take a look at us for future business.

Project Management was done through Cal, through many phone conference meetings. Sometimes I would call him for random ideas about our website, and he always made himself available that day.

Their willingness to go the extra mile. I have talked to a lot of Web Design people before coming across Cal, at Raven Digital. He was the first person that didn't seem like this was just another website for him to build. He took time to get to know my company's In's & out's in order for me to see and reap the benefits of his work.

He was always looking at the bigger picture. He would say yes we need to kill the landing page, but this is just the beginning. He is confident in what he does and eager for you to see the reward.

No areas for improvement, off the top of my head. If I ever had a concern about a certain detail on the webpage, it was handled within a matter of days.

Web Dev for Fitness Studio

"I appreciate that they were responsive."

Dec. 2019 - Jan. 2020

Raven Digital developed a website to support the rebranding of a third-party client from scratch. Following design specifications, the team built the frontend and backend.

Lindsey Brown
Owner, Lindsey Brown Public Relations

Raven Digital delivered a visually appealing website to generate positive user feedback. The team was transparent and developed the product expeditiously. They were dependable and accessible throughout the collaboration, which enables a future partnership.

I own a PR company, and I work with Timberline Fitness, a gym in Montrose that needed a major rebranding.

For what projects/services did your company hire Raven Digital?

I hired Raven Digital to create a website based on art files my graphic designer had created.

To launch a new website that was clean and easy to use--both on the front end and back end.

Recommended from a friend.

They built the site based on the art files and direction from me and the client.

I worked with Cal and Mike. Both were super responsive throughout the entire process.

The site has launched, and we're getting great feedback!

Everything was built in a timely manner, and the site looks great.

I appreciate that they were responsive. Their team did what they said they were going to do when they said they were going to do it.

It was a great experience. Will probably contract with them again in the future.

Website Revamp for Electrical Supplies Company

"They’re quicker than anyone else I’ve worked with."

Oct. - Dec. 2019

Raven Digital revamped the front– and backend of an electrical supplier’s website. The team focused on the usability and appearance of the platform.

Humble, Texas
Owner, Electrical Supplies Company

The updated website has significantly eased internal processes. Their skilled expertise makes them stand out in the industry. Customers can expect a responsive team that meets deadlines.

I’m the owner of an electrical supplier that buys and sells generator sets.

What challenge were you trying to address with Raven Digital?

I hired Raven Digital to restructure our website through fixing bugs and making it more SEO friendly.

Raven Digital redeveloped the existing site. They changed the backend servers to make it easier for me to upload spec sheets, datasheets, inventory, and information on various listings. The frontend’s appearance was outdated. There were also several broken links. Calvin (Partner, Raven Digital) tweaked the website to make it look more appealing.

Calvin was my main point of contact.

How did you come to work with Raven Digital?

I was referred to Raven Digital by a friend. After he sent Calvin’s name over, I realized that I knew him from high school. I looked through his credentials and reviews. I didn’t hesitate to move forward with them.

The project cost less than $10,000.

We worked together from October–December 2019.

We’ve converted more leads. It’s also easier for me to see them than it was in the past. The website sped up the process of uploading inventory. It’s also cut down a lot of my time. I would refer them to others.

How did Raven Digital perform from a project management standpoint?

We communicated through text message, email, and phone calls. Within a minute or two, Calvin responded. They’re quicker than anyone else I’ve worked with. They also met deadlines.

The team at Raven Digital is educated in the market. They know what they’re doing when it comes to product development.

No, none that I can think of.

Just reach out to Calvin and give them business.

Web Dev & Design for Personality Test Company

"CDHART LLC delivers solutions, not excuses."

June 2017 - Ongoing

Raven Digital (formerly CDHART LLC) built a website to help a personality test company distribute their products online. The team designed the site and logo and integrated e-commerce features. They now provide ongoing IT services.

Alok Madan
Partner, NPSP25 LLC

The website has launched, and it satisfies all stakeholders, leading to more work for Raven Digital (formerly CDHART LLC). The team delivers high-quality work while meeting deadlines and charging flexible prices. Their ability to problem-solve any issues and to communicate quickly stand out.

We offer a personality test to the consumer market - from individuals seeking greater insight into themselves, to counselors and therapists who use the test to help guide treatment, to HR types who use the test to identify fit with employment opportunities and job applicants. Our test has been available with an accompanying book since the mid-1990s. I am a partner at NPSP25, LLC.

For what projects/services did your company hire CDHART LLC?

We did not want to write and publish a revised edition of our book and personality test. We wanted to make the personality test available to a broader audience and needed a website that allowed dissemination of our concept, made the test available on-demand, and could securely handle e-commerce exchange. Calvin understood our vision, translating our rambling thoughts into an aesthetically pleasing and fully functional website. He continues to be an essential part of our company's growth plan.

We needed a website that was easy to navigate across digital platforms and one that could be accessible to a global market. Cal helped us accomplish those essential goals with version 1.0.

Cal came highly recommended by a Houston-based marketing firm.

Cal designed the website, including our logo, from top to bottom. We provided copy, and Cal took care of the rest. This was our preferred approach for much of the project to date, but Cal has always been more than receptive and willing to accommodate any changes we request.

We are a small company consisting of three principals. Cal is our IT department.

We would not have a business without a fully functional website. Cal helped us move from concept to product in a timely manner. If/when there are any issues, he is readily available to help trouble-shoot.

Cal sticks to a tight project timeline, delivering what he says when he says.

CDHART LLC delivers solutions, not excuses.

Not at the moment, but I'm afraid that a broader audience is going to learn about Cal. Once his book of business grows, I hope that he will be able to sustain the same level of customer service that I've come to expect and appreciate.

Overall Score The world would be a better place with more people like Cal - honest and dependable.
    Simple. He responds quickly to email/text communications.
    He is not the cheapest guy out there, but he also is small enough that he is willing to take on smaller clients like us.
    Cal has set the standard for all of my company's outsourced needs. I truly compare each contractor - across industries - to Cal.
    With complete enthusiasm.

Website Updates for Investment Real Estate Co

"The communication and turn-around time were extremely impressive, and the quality of work was right in line as well."

May 2019 - Ongoing

Raven Digital (formerly CDHART LLC) updated a website, creating additional content and capabilities. Based on a provided design, the team built a ‘Careers’ page for the platform. They provide ongoing support services.

Fort Worth, Texas
Richie Whitworth
VP of Business Development, Trinity REIS

Delivering a fully-functional platform quickly, Raven Digital (formerly CDHART LLC) supported recruitment efforts by helping to streamline a digital application process. The team communicates effectively and produces quality work, which fosters continued collaboration.

We are a commercial real estate brokerage focused on aiding investors in the acquisition and disposition of retail properties nationwide. We are a small, growing firm, and one of my responsibilities as VP of Business Development is to facilitate the ongoing development of our website.

For what projects/services did your company hire CDHART LLC?

We hired Cal to add additional content, functionality, etc. to our existing website to meet the growing needs of our company.

Our primary goal was to get a few updates done to our website on a very tight timeline.

Our original web designer and developer used Cal to help with the development of the site originally and when we went back to them regarding the updates we needed, they sent us to Cal directly.

We needed to get a 'Careers' section added to our website and we needed it done very quickly. Cal took our design and made it functional in a matter of hours. He has since provided additional website maintenance services for us to ensure our site stays healthy.

The team was just myself and Cal. I worked with a few folks on my end to get the design aspect done, but once it was handed off to Cal, we were able to execute on everything without involving an army.

The turnaround time and consistently quick communication with Cal was hugely beneficial. It allowed us to get our careers section up and functional in a very short time frame so we were ready for career fairs in time. The impact of the project was significant in that it increased our legitimacy in the eyes of our recruits and eased the process by which new recruits could apply.

The project scope was minimal and timing was the biggest factor, so it was mostly managed over a few phone calls and emails. The communication was on point and very effective.

Not at this time.

Website for Art Group

"He's easy to communicate with, a great problem solver, and is always sharing tips and tricks to make our website operate even better."

Jan. 2016 - Ongoing

Raven Digital (formerly CDHART LLC) built and designed a website for an art advisory firm. They continue to provide maintenance and optimization services.

Lea Weingarten
Principal, Weingarten Art Group

The new site commonly generates leads and search engine traffic. The team was responsive and always took care of concerns according to schedule.

Weingarten Art Group is a boutique art advisory firm with offices in Houston and New York. The firm specializes in providing private, public, institutional, and corporate clients with services that include curatorial direction, artwork sourcing, strategic planning, project management and budget optimization. Lea Weingarten serves as principal of Weingarten Art Group.

For what projects/services did your company hire CDHART LLC?

Calvin has helped Weingarten Art Group develop an effective, optimal website to showcase our projects and services, and reach clients.

We wanted a beautiful, easy to use website that allowed potential and current clients a place to view our work, learn about us, engage with our online content, and contact us.

Calvin came highly recommended by another small business so we knew he could be trusted and would met our needs.

Calvin has worked with us on many projects through the years. From initial website development, to website maintenance and optimization, and most recently a hosting transfer to keep our website running as smoothly as possible.

We have worked directly with Calvin for all of our projects.

We frequently receive clients through website and search engine traffic. It has been a great resource for us.

He's always been extremely responsive to any questions and takes care of our website maintenance regularly and on schedule.

He's easy to communicate with, a great problem solver, and is always sharing tips and tricks to make our website operate even better. He is a joy to work with!

None! Working with Calvin is such a pleasure.

Web Development for T-Shirt Subscription Company

"We’ve experienced tremendous growth over the past three years, and CDHART LLC made that possible."

Jan. 2015 - Ongoing

Raven Digital (formerly CDHART LLC) redesigned the UI and backend of a website. After creating a project overview, they developed solutions to improve business processes and enhance the functionality of the site.

Austin Crossley
Founder & Managing Partner, Red Tuna Shirt Club

Conversion rates and customer service rankings have increased, and their process automation has led to greater scalability. Flexible and dedicated, Raven Digital (formerly CDHART LLC) frequently delivers feature updates within short timelines. Their commitment to excellence sets them apart from other vendors.

I’m a co-owner of Red Tuna Shirt Club, an online subscription-based t-shirt business for fishing enthusiasts. Customers receive a unique t-shirt each month from a top charter company or fishing lodge.

For what projects/services did your company hire CDHART LLC?

We tasked CDHART LLC with completely redesigning our website. We hired them to make cosmetic changes to the site, streamline the backend subscription management platform, and automate the fulfillment process.

Our goals were to update the website to make it more modern, attractive, and user-friendly and to optimize our customer services pipeline through process improvements.

Calvin (Owner, CDHART LLC) was recommended to us by an ad agency that we’ve done business with before. After interviewing him, we realized that he was the perfect person for the job. He had the expertise we were looking for and was enthusiastic about partnering with us.

We worked closely with Calvin to outline the project. He listened carefully and came up with solutions for problems that we couldn’t solve on our own.

The team consisted of our two partners and Calvin.

We’ve experienced tremendous growth over the past three years, and CDHART LLC made that possible. We were able to scale up our business thanks to the automated processes that are now in place. Our average rating on Trustpilot is a 9.7 out of 10, and much of our success with customer service has come because of the user-friendly backend system that Calvin designed. Also, our conversion rates have greatly improved as a result of the website and pipeline design that Calvin incorporated.

Our initial meetings were productive and gave Calvin the information he needed to develop the checklists and outlines that he used to manage the project. His approach was very effective, and he was flexible and incredibly fast in his work.

Calvin is very passionate about web development, and he’s been a true partner for us. He took a personal interest in making sure that our website met and exceeded all of our goals.

None that I can think of at this time.

Overall Score Calvin has played an instrumental role in the growth of our online business the past five years. He's also a brilliant programmer.
    Calvin is extremely flexible and very responsive.
    As an independent consultant, his rates are very reasonable. He also delivers the same quality as a huge agency.
    I would recommend them without hesitation.

Web Design & Development for Financial Marketing Firm

"Their great communication skills exceeded my expectations."

May - June 2017

Raven Digital designed and developed a website for a financial marketing firm.

David Thompson
Business Development, Raymond James

The website was completed on time, meeting the expectations of the internal team. Raven Digital handles edits and updates to the sites with ease. Their team is hard-working and responsible.

Marketing financial services

Web development

Polished website for marketing our services

Talked to several developers. Was confident after talking with Calvin that they are the ones for the job.

Did a great job designing and implementing the website.

Worked really well with them. Great communication.

They finished on time with no surprises. Handled edits no problem.

Very efficiently managed set expectations and followed through without a hitch.

Their great communication skills exceeded my expectations.

I would use them everytime.

Overall Score These are the guys you need for your projectWould
    Easy to set appointment and easy communication
    Beat the rates of competition
    Better than anything I've seen
    Would always recomend

Web Design for Insurance Brokerage Firm

"He is someone we would recommend and turn to again for future projects."

Feb. - Sept. 2019

Raven Digital (formerly CDHART LLC) updated and redesigned a website for a life insurance brokerage firm. The team held discovery meetings to gather requirements before starting their work on the redesign.

Merrill Rome
Chief Operating Officer, Knight Planning Corporation

Internal stakeholders are pleased with the quality of the site. Flexible and accessible, Raven Digital (formerly CDHART LLC) maintained open lines of communication despite external scheduling variables. Customers can expect a creative, reliable, and accommodating partner.

Knight Planning Corporation is a life insurance broker firm and we specialize in customized life insurance for high net work executives, businesses and families.

For what projects/services did your company hire CDHART LLC?

Cal Hart updated and redesigned our company website.

We were looking for a sleek, easy-to-navigate website that clearly explained our firm and who we are.

Cal was referred to us by a colleague who originally created the video for our last website.

Cal worked closely with our firm's CEO and COO to hear our thoughts and put them into place with the new website.

Cal, our CEO and COO were the main components of this new website creation.

The site looks great and is just what we were looking for! Cal was a delight to work with -- creative, so pleasant, and a total pro. He was very patient with the time-lags between communications with travels, other work demands on our part, and summer!

Outstanding. Cal was very communicative and available.

Just cannot say enough good things about working with Cal Hart. He is bright, knowledgeable, a good listener and articulate as he communicates what he is hearing from us (the client), works hard to get the result we were looking for, creative, reliable and timely. He is someone we would recommend and turn to again for future projects.

Only on our part! We were busy and/or traveling throughout this time span and let the website project "sit" for longer than we needed to. Cal jumped into action any time we were ready to focus on it again.

Overall Score A terrific guy and a terrific professional
    Super easy to schedule and readily available
    Very fair pricing
    Great result!
    We would gladly refer Cal to colleagues and friends.

ProcessBarron Homepage Build

“The competency is a given—they can develop almost anything."

Feb. - Mar. 2017

Raven Digital (formerly CDHART LLC) serves as a long-term development partner. For this project, they used provided designs to develop a long-form homepage for a third-party private equity group.

Lawton Outlaw
Owner & Managing Director, nhouse.design

The private equity group praised the final site, and it helped them sell their manufacturing company. Raven Digital (formerly CDHART LLC) boasts a small, nimble team with reliable development skills.

nhouse.design is a creative services company, with offerings ranging from marketing strategy, tactics, and content creation. My position at nhouse.design is owner/managing director.

For what projects/services did your company hire CDHART LLC?

I hire CDHART LLC for all of my development needs. This particular project was for a client in the industrial manufacturing industry.

The goal was to build a stunning long-form homepage to help entice investors to purchase the company from a private equity group.

I've known CDHART LLC for years—we first worked together at an advertising agency. They’ve been my go-to developer since.

It's pretty simple—nhouse.design came up with the creative direction, design, and layout, and CDHART LLC developed the homepage.

With CDHART LLC, you don't need a large team. This project was accomplished with three people in total.

The private equity firm (our client) that hired nhouse.design was extremely happy, and the site lead to a successful sale.

Project management was led by myself and a liaison from the private equity company. Our workflow was as efficient as it was effective.

I'm impressed with their dependability. The competency is a given—they can develop almost anything. But it's quite another thing to be dependable.

No, not that I can think of.