Building Delightful Digital Experiences

We help leading product companies and innovative startups build delightful digital experiences.

Who we are

Our expertise lies in creating beautiful products and experiences which people love to use. We are able to do that by rigorously following a design-led approach towards software development, constructively challenging each other for the decisions we take. We build products using Scrum and swear by its effectiveness. We are well versed with leading Scrum based tools like JiRA.

Since our inception, we have been focusing on user experience design, architecture, and developing products using open source platforms and the Microsoft technology stack. There has been a lot of learning in that journey and we have done enough hard work to know how to develop web and mobile products the right way.

With singular focus on product design and development services, we have managed over 600 releases with 90% on-time delivery.

Our clients

We have been fortunate to partner with some exciting companies and deliver Predictive Analytics, IoT, Healthcare and Education solutions. Our collaboration with Google, Microsoft, Green Job Interview, Patternex, Zoomvy, ZippSlip, Lotus Learning, mPulse and other clients has set up milestones and they stand as a proven track record of our work ethics. We work with clients as development partners rather than mere service vendors.

We have been under the spotlight and have been recognized as One of the fastest 50 growing companies in India three times in a row and South East Asia four times in a row.

Los Angeles, CA

Programming & scripting
Application platform
BI & big data solutions
Artificial Intelligence Focus

Microsoft, Patternex, mPulseMobile, mobileStorm, Synaptics, ZippSlip, Mytonomy, Nucleus Software, isango, hCentive, Mettl, X1, NowRx

AI & Web Dev for Educational Streaming Platform

“Quovantis Technologies has done a fantastic job, and the new site is definitely an upgrade.”

May 2019 - Ongoing

Quovantis Technologies incorporated AI to develop a video streaming platform. Used by educators, the site is able to host thousands of videos and recommend selections for users.

11- 50 Employees

Brooksville, New York
Rob Bencal
President, Adventure 2 Learning

The site has received a lot of positive feedback from both educators who use the site and content partners whose videos are on the platform. Guiding their partners step-by-step, project management is one of Quovantis Technologies’ strengths. They delivered a quality product on time and in budget.

I’m the President of Adventure to Learning. Used by schools and teachers, we are a video streaming service for educational content for kids from preschool through eighth grade.

What challenge were you trying to address with Quovantis Technologies?

We have over 50 programs and 7,000 videos on our platform, and we needed an easy way to manage and host all of our content.

First, we worked together to develop user stories. This forced us to ask questions like: How would people be coming to our website? What would they be looking for? What is the result they want? Using the answers that we came up with, we designed the platform and determines how we wanted to serve content to users.

We wanted to incorporate AI so users can find what they want in a more efficient way. For example, we wanted it to be like an automated playlist that users could search through. Finally, we discussed the backend analytics and how we wanted to use user data effectively.

The designs brought our idea to life, and once everything was in order, they started on development, using Angular for the frontend, API, .NET Core 2.2., as well as Azure for our CMS.

We had a team of six people including a salesperson at the beginning of the deal, a project manager, a lead engineer, a few designers, and junior engineers.

How did you come to work with Quovantis Technologies?

A mutual acquaintance recommended them. As a startup, we were looking for a company that would help manage the process and would work within our lean budget. From a design and cost perspective, they were perfect for us.

We’ve spent about $90,000.

We started working together in May 2019 and the project is ongoing.

We’ve already launched the paywall portion of the site, and plan to launch the backend at the end of this week. So far, feedback has been fantastic from teachers and schools who had used our old platform.

Quovantis Technologies has done a fantastic job, and the new site is definitely an upgrade. Our advisors are happy with the new site, and so are our content partners. As thrilled as we are with the end result, our partners are excited about how their videos are positioned on the site.

How did Quovantis Technologies perform from a project management standpoint?

They did a great job holding our hand throughout the process. I don’t know much about software engineering, but they’ve been very helpful. One thing that makes them stand out is that they think critically about our business needs and give great recommendations. They’re strategic, which helps them create effective products.

Project management has been very impressive. They’re responsive to our needs and have executed everything quickly. As a bonus, we get a great value for what we’re paying.

They’ve been great partners and have completed everything quickly, but the information gathering process took a little more time than we hoped.

Have a clear vision of what you want to accomplish and set priorities. Sometimes, you just want to do everything, especially if you’re a startup. We threw a lot at them, and we probably would have benefitted from focusing on smaller chunks rather than forging ahead on everything.

We pushed out our deadlines a bit, but we were asking a lot from them by requesting changes.
    We got a great value for our money, both in terms of UX and project management.
    The quality is better than good.

iOS & Android App Dev for Health Entrepreneur

"Many of our patients are pleased with the app."

Feb. 2018 - Ongoing

Quovantis Technologies was hired to develop iOS and Android applications for a weight loss program. The app tracks progress and patient accountability.

Owner, Healthcare Company

External feedback is positive regarding the functional application. The app adds value to the client’s business. The team at Quovantis Technologies is readily available and skilled. Despite small delays, their team’s project management style is excellent.

I’m the owner of a healthcare company.

What challenge were you trying to address with Quovantis Technologies?

I wanted to improve my services to increase the results and value of our weight loss program. I needed someone to develop mobile apps that would keep people accountable and on track.

The team at Quovantis Technologies is developing my iOS and Android apps from scratch. I first spoke to one of their main reps, and he suggested an app to facilitate scheduling. I began thinking about an app where people can chart their weight, their process, their eating habits, and their water intake. Within the app, there would be a visual reward.

Through communicating with the rep, he said their team in India could create it. He first presented me with different plans and milestones to reach. After he gave me the price, we began planning before he sent the project to his team.

My main contact is local, so he relays messages to the India-based team. A couple of times a year, the owner stops by. In India, there’s someone who oversees the project, an administrator, and someone who is in control of the build.

How did you come to work with Quovantis Technologies?

I chose them because our main contact was a patient of mine. We discussed the project. He is full of integrity, so I didn’t look elsewhere.

I spent between $30,000–$40,000.

Our engagement with Quovantis Technologies started in February 2018.

At this point, the app is usable and functional. Many of our patients are pleased with the app. When I’m pitching my program and have a certain price, patients will ask me what’s included. They think the app adds value, which gives me the option to increase my price point. The app serves its purpose.

How did Quovantis Technologies perform from a project management standpoint?

From a project management standpoint, they’re good. We have bi-weekly video conference calls where their team shows me their progress. We use Google Hangouts and Skype. On the calls, the local contact rep and two other team members are involved. We’re in contact at least once a week.

My main contact stops by the office frequently. I mainly give him input and ask questions directly. We will text or talk, and he will relay messages to his team in India.

My point of contact is always available when I have questions and pushes his team to make me happy.

Overall, everything has been good. At times, I felt it was a little slow progressing, but I also understand that a lot of back and forth comes from them needing my feedback.

Get a specific breakdown of costs. I trust their billing, and I recommend asking for this upfront. It is nice to know the exact value of the hours put in.

They’re on par with scheduling & appointments. There have been occasions I felt I was told we’d be a little further along.
    I initially thought they were expensive, but they have been flexible with payments. I’d say the price to quality is fair.
    I give them a 5 because of the contact person I had.
    I have recommended them.

iOS Dev for Sleep & Dreaming App

"Quovantis offers so much more than just development services."

Apr. - Nov. 2018

Quovantis designed and developed a sleep and dreaming app for iOS from scratch, including wireframes.

Mountain View, California
CEO, Sleep App

Quovantis developed an aesthetically impressive app that's helped the company stand out in the App Store. Their designs are not only unique and highly professional, but also well-researched and thought-out. Their team went the extra mile to exceed expectations and was great to work with overall.

I'm the CEO of a sleep and dreaming app company.

What challenge were you trying to address with Quovantis Technologies?

We reached out to Quovantis to build our app for iOS.

Quovantis developed an app from scratch for iOS, designing much of the artwork and UI. I provided some direction, while their team created designs, coding, and wireframes. They also provided iterations and incorporated my feedback before ultimately launching the app in the App Store.

I worked with the CEO and a project manager, who looped in the designers and developers on calls as needed throughout the engagement.

How did you come to work with Quovantis Technologies?

They were recommended to me by a friend. I was very impressed by some of their other design work.

We spent between $15,000–$20,000.

We worked together from around April–November 2018. The app was ready before November, but there were some approval delays on our end for a couple of months.

The app just recently launched, so it's still too early to report any performance metrics but they've helped us make a great first impression. So far, the response has been positive–users are impressed by the overall design of the app. Quovantis built a beautiful and professional app with a unique UI that stands out from similar dream apps on the market.

How did Quovantis Technologies perform from a project management standpoint?

They were never late to meetings and were very flexible around my hectic schedule, despite our time zone difference. I appreciated the number of iterations they provided, the way they incorporated our feedback, and their overall responsiveness throughout the project. We mostly communicated through regular meetings, and then they'd send out email summaries of next steps. The CEO also showed a lot of interest in the work, so the amount of attention we received as a client was exceptional.

They spent a lot of time researching and understanding ways they could help us meet our goals. For example, we wanted to implement a tone feature in the app to send users “reality checks” throughout the day that they would then hear in their sleep. We didn't necessarily have a vision for the type of tone we wanted to use, but Quovantis' team researched tones associated with spiritual traditions that gave a lot of great context to the feature. That's just one example of how they went the extra mile for us.

I can't think of anything.

Be open to their design suggestions and don't hire a developer based on price alone. Quovantis offers so much more than just development services. Their designs and creativity has offered a lot of value to the app they developed for us.

App Dev & Support for Healthcare Company

"They've improved our process more than we could have anticipated."

Sep. 2017 - Ongoing

Quovantis Technologies augments an internal team by providing design and development services for a native Android and iOS application.

Samuel Shoultz
Senior Software Architect & Dev Team Lead, MEDarchon Inc

Processing speed and output have increased due to the engagement. Quovantis is invested in the success of the product. They eagerly propose ideas and submit inquiries, ultimately exceeding expectations with added value.

I’m a senior software architect and development team lead at MEDarchon Inc. We are a small business healthcare company.

What challenge were you trying to address with Quovantis Technologies?

Due to internal transitions, we wanted to augment our development team for a mobile application.

They have an active role in designing and developing features for our Android and iOS app. The team performs UI and UX design work based on our conceptual ideas. They also perform QA testing and certification of the solution.

It was built using a cross-platform tool, and we finished it up at the native level. Technologies used include Xamarin.Forms with C#.

We work with three senior developers, two senior QAs, and one junior QA. There is also one UX designer.

How did you come to work with Quovantis Technologies?

One of our sister companies has used Quovantis extensively, and we hired the team based on their recommendation. We tried them out with one developer and then expanded the team from there.

We have invested $50,000-$200,000 with Quovantis.

We started engaging with Quovantis in September 2017, and the project is ongoing.

They’ve increased our throughput and our overall processing speed.

How did Quovantis Technologies perform from a project management standpoint?

It took a little bit of time to establish a rhythm, but overall, my experience has been great. The workflow has been progressing smoothly, and they feel like a part of our team now. We frequently have planning and design sessions with them. A project manager serves as a liaison between our teams and supervises their QA and development teams.

They seek to exceed our expectations. They really own the product, and they’re always looking for ways to improve it.  Once they grasped the concept of our tool, they started raising questions and ideas. Quovantis identified issues we weren’t even aware of. They've improved our process more than we could have anticipated.

We went through an adjustment period at the beginning of the partnership until we honed in on a workflow that worked for both of us. After resolving those challenges with project management, everything has progressed smoothly.

The more time stakeholders spend with the team doing demos or hands-on product training is time well invested. The more Quovantis understands business use cases, the more they will be able to adopt a product as their own.

Our timeline changed due to the scope of some of the tasks we asked for.

Web & Mobile App Dev for Education-Tech Startup

"Their customer service, responsiveness, and project management have been outstanding."

Quovantis Technologies designed and developed a web-based platform and mobile application for Android and iOS devices. The solutions allowed users to capture multimedia content.

Falmouth, Massachusetts
Claire Pontbriand
CTO & Director of Programs, Aecern, LLC

Due to a polished UX, users of all ages have successfully adopted both solutions. Quovantis Technologies is a deadline-oriented team that excels at structuring project timelines. Their transparent method of communicating has aided a positive partnership.

I am the chief technology officer and director of programs at Aecern, LLC, and I'm responsible for the strategy and development of the platform. We are a small, woman-owned startup founded and based in Cape Cod, Massachusetts. Our mission is to help teachers get the tools they need to engage with their students as they become inquisitive, data-literate, critical thinkers.

For what projects/services did your company hire Quovantis Technologies?

We hired them for full deck development of a cloud-based software platform. We also wanted them to develop an iOS and Android app.

We wanted a web platform and mobile app for teachers and students. It would allow users to create and complete assignments with data and multimedia capture. The solutions would also allow for a rapid display of cumulative datasets and full integration with Google Classroom APIs.

The vendor was recommended by others.

They designed, developed, and then launched the solutions.

The team has a project manager and 2–3 members with varied skillsets. We utilize other Quovantis members for UI/UX as needed.

With their help, our platform has transformed from an XML based, unscalable mess to an attractive, easy-to-use product that we are excited to launch in classrooms. Our website and mobile apps have been a success with users as young as 9 years old. Young kids, teenagers, and have adults adopted the tech seamlessly.

We had weekly contact with a project manager and access to a shared Trello and Jira. We always had open communication, including biweekly calls with the development team.

Their customer service, responsiveness, and project management have been outstanding. They work with us through the design process to make sure expectations are clear and achievable. Also, they meet every deadline.

There are few areas where they could possibly improve. They have been very responsive to requests for documentation and additional accounting information.

Staff Augmentation for AI Startup

"Quovantis Technologies’ resources act as an extension of our team."

Nov. 2018 - Ongoing

Quovantis Technologies provides staff augmentation to build a mobile app for iOS devices.  The project is ongoing.

Co-Founder, Tech Startup

The team has delivered high-quality development work while meeting all deadlines and requirements. Quovantis Technologies provides skilled resources on a flexible and short-term basis as needed. Responsive and timely, they run a smooth workflow.

I’m the co-founder and CTO of a small tech startup.

What challenge were you trying to address with Quovantis Technologies?

We engaged Quovantis Technologies to provide staff augmentation. Our internal engineers needed help building a consumer app for iOS.

After we told Quovantis Technologies about our requirements, they sent us a couple of resumes of people who would be a good fit for that project. We then interviewed those people and onboarded two engineers who best matched our needs. We have a weekly scrum with the engineers. We allocate them tasks and work items, and at the end of the day, we review their code and progress. Quovantis Technologies’ resources act as an extension of our team.

We started with two engineers; we now work with three engineers and a designer for a short time. Gautam (Director, Engineer, Quovantis Technologies) isn’t involved in day-to-day activities, but he assists with high-level project management.

How did you come to work with Quovantis Technologies?

Two people referred their team to us. We ultimately chose Quovantis Technologies to complete this project because of their excellent talent, startup nature, lightweight processes, and alignment with our values.

We started working together in November 2018, and the project is ongoing.

Quovantis Technologies has met our deadlines and quality goals in their delivery so far. We still have more of the app to finish, but we’re thrilled with their work so far.

How did Quovantis Technologies perform from a project management standpoint?

The team is extremely responsive. We use a combination of Jira, email, and Slack to correspond with them. We’ve had no issues with time management and communication from their side.

Quovantis Technologies acts like our partner for us as we build our business. They're very flexible and helpful. I can go to them and ask for a person for a month, and they'll help us get there without a high overhead. For example, we needed really short-term help from a designer. Quovantis Technologies set us up with a designer for a few weeks without mandating a 6–12-month commitment. The team also works hard to understand our business needs and accommodate them. It has been great working with them.

There's nothing that I can think of. I think they've been a great partner for us.

If you're looking for a big consulting company with more resources, a high overhead, and more heavily process-driven, then Quovantis Technologies is not the right fit for you. But if you're looking for a fast, nimble partnership that is not process-heavy, their team is excellent.

Custom Software Dev for Media Company

"It's clear that the team genuinely wants to be working on our project."

Mar. 2018 - Ongoing

Quovantis Technologies custom developed a client-facing database that aggregates information from various sources. Functionalities include the automatic sorting and editing of files.

Jesse Korosi
Director of Workflow, Sim

Customers have praised the accessibility of the tool and internal stakeholders expect the software to drive a new revenue stream. The team excels at supporting stakeholders' understanding of the technology throughout the project. Beyond development work, they also offer business advice.

I’m the director of workflow at Sim International, a company in the television and film industry. My role is to oversee technical programs and ensure a smooth process for our clients.

For what projects/services did your company hire Quovantis Technologies?

We hired Quovantis Technologies to perform custom software development, aggregating metadata from various sources into one centralized, client-facing database called Metabanq. The solution would also customize particular files (e.g. add color correction or change aspect ratio) before automatically moving them between departments.

We wanted to provide one location for our clients to access technical information about their job and ask daily questions. Also, automating the file movements would reduce human error and increase efficiency.

They developed the database with a variety of functionalities, such as the ability to add visual effects and make edits. Also, marketing departments will soon be able to automate file conversions.

As our company was new to the development process, Quovantis helped us build the requirements, scope, and timeline before beginning development.

They custom created the database with a variety of functionalities, such as the ability to add visual effects. The solution offers the automatic movement of files for various departments. Also, marketing departments will soon be able to automate file conversions.

There's a project manager assigned to our project, as well as many additional resources beyond developers. The team has been able to scale up when we needed more people and scale down when we were transitioning between phases.

This tool is still relatively new, yet it has already on-boarded a few clients. The clients that use this tool are used to a high level of service, and everyone that has accessed it loves it so far. The software will bring in an entirely new revenue stream, as it’s helping the current departments find more work.

Throughout the entire process, we had support from a project manager and upper management, and they didn’t even bill us for some of that help.

Quovantis was new to working with film industry clients, but they put effort into learning about the technical aspects of our operations. They successfully grasped difficult industry concepts. It's clear that the team genuinely wants to be working on our project. They have an incredibly positive attitude.

Initially, I was worried about the time zone difference hindering our communication with the team. However, Quovantis is always available to communicate with our team, regardless of how that affects their schedule.

I can’t think of any.

UI & Development for Healthcare Tech Firm

"They are excellent at adjusting their workflow to address any ad-hoc needs we have."

Mar 2018 - Ongoing

Quovantis Technologies augmented internal resources, working with customer-facing UI code. They also performed research and development, creating proof of concepts that function in AWS.

Zach Evans
CTO, XSOLIS

The team’s development work is expected to result in a marked cost-reduction. Their solutions have also produced an improvement in throughput. Quovantis Technologies is deeply invested in forging a partnership based on transparency. Customers can expect an accessible, personable team.

I’m the CTO of XSOLIS, a predictive analytics and artificial intelligence company operating in the healthcare industry.

What challenge were you trying to address with Quovantis Technologies?

We wanted to rapidly expand our development team with an offshore partner to address scalability issues. We also wanted to hand off research and development (R&D) projects to Quovantis Technologies.

The team’s responsibilities can be divided into two categories; R&D and UI development. They have been working on both open source and proprietary development pipelines.

The scope of work for R&D projects includes clarifying our high-level business requirements, performing development and initial QA, and then testing the product. Then, they hand off the solution to our onshore team who performs additional QA and testing before pushing the product to production.

Currently, Quovantis is testing the functionality of Lambda services and Docker container within AWS. If the technologies function, we'll be able to auto-scale our applications to meet processing demands. They have been using a React and Node.js for development.

The team also works with the UI of customer-facing code to address scalability issues. They’ve taken on refactoring programs, breaking down legacy code into separate services. These projects include taking single-threaded processes running on an expensive Microsoft .NET stack and rewriting them into serverless architecture.

Everything the team has built runs natively in Amazon Web Services (AWS), and some R&D projects leverage an AWS serverless architecture.  Technologies used an open source Linux-based stack. They have also coded in C# within a .NET MVC app.

The amount of developers and QA team members varies between 8–12 depending on the sprint stage. We also work with a project manager who has Scrum expertise.

How did you come to work with Quovantis Technologies?

They were referred to us by a sister company, as we were looking for a mid-sized, offshore vendor. We established a comfortable level with the specialists after speaking with their leadership and interviewing the team.

So far, we’ve invested about $200,000.

The project began in March 2018 and is ongoing.

We anticipate their work with refractory programs to contribute to a 10x–15x improvement in throughput. We’re also getting tremendous cost-reduction benefits in terms of AWS spend. We’ve seen early results with the serverless architecture, and those are really exciting.

They also deliver high-quality UI code, and the patterns they’ve developed have allowed internal stakeholders to expand on their code.

How did Quovantis Technologies perform from a project management standpoint?

We’ve developed a really good partnership with the team over the last year. Their leadership team comes onshore roughly once each quarter to meet with stakeholders in person, and they hold 2–3 status phone calls with us per-week to review sprints.

They manage projects using the Jira Suite from Atlassian. For communication, we use email and a Slack channel. The team is incredibly responsive, and our lead project manager is always available to talk. They are excellent at adjusting their workflow to address any ad-hoc needs we have.

They’re a highly relational team. They’re invested in building a positive business relationship. The team spent quality time with our business colleagues, learning how technical processes relate to our non-technical business drivers. They were highly engaged in those conversations, always asking thoughtful questions during discussions.

They are always willing to take on a challenge, even if it’s not a skill set they have internally. If they don’t have a skill, they will work hard to find it, even if that means sourcing a different role for us. They accurately manage our expectations regarding their capabilities.

No, there aren’t any areas where they could improve.

Future clients should invest time in allowing the team to build a business relationship based on mutual understanding. Their emphasis on forging connections has been hugely valuable to us. Invest that time up front, as quickly as you can, and it will pay dividends in the long run.

Angular 6 Staff Augmentation Dev for Healthcare Company

“Whenever they run into a problem, they proactively attempt to solve it instead of waiting on us to find an answer.”

July 2018 - Ongoing

Quovantis Technologies augments the internal team, providing experts in Angular 6. After the onboarding process, they took over certain dev tasks to help build the platform.

11- 50 Employees

CTO, Health IT Company

Quovantis Technologies communicates well and provides regular check-ins to make sure everything is going according to plan. They’ve accomplished quite a bit of work so far and have built new features that didn’t exist before the engagement. They’ve had some turnover, but the work is still good.

I’m the CTO for a healthcare technology services firm.

What challenge were you trying to address with Quovantis Technologies?

We needed a partner to augment our Angular 6 dev team.

Quovantis Technologies provides Angular 6 work, helping build a platform that’s an FTE resource and that addresses payment integrity in the health insurance space. We went through an onboarding process to explain our platform, business, and technologies. We also reviewed some of our short- and mid-term initiatives before giving them access to our product board, Atlassian. From there, we began offloading dev tasks onto their team.

We work with a team of five people.

How did you come to work with Quovantis Technologies?

Another firm we work with referred them.

We’ve spent between $100,000–$150,000.

We partnered in July 2018, and the work is ongoing.

They’ve converted quite a few of our reports to Angular 6 and have built new feature functionalities that didn’t exist before.

How did Quovantis Technologies perform from a project management standpoint?

We communicate with the dev team on a daily basis and with the team lead every month. This helps us stay aligned and ensure we’re on track.

Whenever they run into a problem, they proactively attempt to solve it instead of waiting on us to find an answer. Most firms don’t do that, so I appreciate their dedication and efficiency.

There’s always room for improvement in regard to quality. They’ve had some turnover on their side, but they always train the new team member at their own expense.

Communicate the types of skills you need and when you need them. That’ll ensure everyone’s on the same page and that resources are available at the right time.

They rarely miss deadlines and let us know early if something will be delayed.
    Their work relative to their rates is very good.
    The vast majority of their work has been free of defect and required little to no remediation.
    I'd highly recommend them for their work ethic, communication, and willingness to solve problems.

Mobile App Dev for User Analytics Company

"They delivered quickly and required no management from our end."

Nov. 2018 - Feb.2019

Quovantis created web and mobile apps as part of a long-term development partnership. They followed specifications to support a data product, and iterated their development based on feedback.

201- 500 Employees

Head of Sales Engineering, Analytics Company

The team’s development efforts supported a new sales approach, and their ability to perform without outside management accelerated solution launches. Expect Quovantis to accommodate specifications and deliver functional apps with minimal need for alterations.

I represent a technology company that sells a product around data infrastructure and data management to companies that manage customer data, or that collect data about their customers and use it for growing their business. I manage a global presales team that works to get our customers acquainted with our product and capability.

What challenge were you trying to address with Quovantis?

I was specifically looking for help in two areas. My team customizes the product quite a bit for demonstration purposes, which requires quite a bit of engineering time. I needed help from someone in that area, and Quovantis came to the rescue.

Regarding the second area we’re looking into, our product, in general, is highly extensible, given the nature of the problem we solve. We initially didn’t open up this extensibility to companies outside of our own, but we’re now opening up our go-to-market strategy. With my presales team specifically, I prefer to have one company to work with, where I can show this as a proof point.

Quovantis has built both mobile and web apps for us, mainly mobile. We’ve used them to build a lot of custom mobile apps to demonstrate how our product works to enterprise prospects. Many of these projects didn’t last for more than a week. We gave them clear specifications, and we collaborated on the development through a Slack channel. They gave us outputs in 3–4 days, and we’d make tweaks for maybe one more day.

We had an overall account lead, who was also technical. Something I like about Quovantis is that their salesperson is also their director of engineering. He never tried to oversell and never pushed me into anything. I also worked with two people from his team.

We talked to them every week for the first month. It died down around the holiday season, and it picked up again.

How did you come to work with Quovantis?

I’d used them in a prior engagement. I was the CTO of a startup 6–7 years ago, and I used them when looking for development resources. I wanted to contract from companies that understood that culture, and I met Quovantis through a professional reference. I tried them out and was really impressed, so I hired them and worked with them for two years. When I came to the current company, it was a no-brainer to use them for the needs I had.

They’re a well-known boutique dev shop, and, from my prior experience using them, I knew that they were pretty good at helping customize or add to someone’s existing product. They don’t act like an IT shop that does systems integration; they’re more like an extension to our product development team.

We’re spending around $20,000 per quarter with them. Our new engagement on extensibility might exceed that rate.

We started working with Quovantis in November 2018, and the development project concluded in February 2019.

We’re experimenting with a new sales approach, and the work delivered by Quovantis was highly impactful to our effort. We saw quick results that were impressive in a lot of ways. Right now, we’re evaluating whether that approach will generate the necessary ROI, but this is beyond their control.

The way they delivered made a difference. They got our requirements pretty quickly, with little back and forth required. From a delivery angle, I didn’t have any issues at all. We’re currently considering whether we want to scale the project going forward.

How did Quovantis perform from a project management standpoint?

They delivered quickly and required no management from our end. We agreed on how we’d convey requirements, and they took it from there. They would spend three days to work on it, and then we’d spend another day to make changes. This isn’t the standard delivery mechanism we’d see at large or even mid-sized companies. We gave them something to build with clear specifications, they took it, they got it, they delivered, we made a few tweaks, and it was pretty much done.

They’re comfortable with a Slack-driven culture. Time zones are an issue, and we wanted to make sure that, once we gave them the requirements, they got them. This was essentially the case. They responded to our needs at a moment’s notice.

They get our DNA and understand how product companies work. They know how to fit really well into an organization, keeping technical skills within sight. It can be difficult to keep developers on the same wavelength, but I didn’t have this problem with Quovantis. I’d had a good experience with them in the past, so onboarding was literally an hour long over video.

We’re an engineering-centric company, and we sell to engineering-centric buyers, so having an engineering-centric partner really helps. Quovantis is one of those. They’re not a typical system integration shop; they’re more accustomed to working with a CTO or a product manager, which is the type of work we do. Using a system integrator would have made for a much more complicated process. They wouldn’t understand our DNA, whereas Quovantis completely does.

In general, working with any company 12–13 hours away from our time zone will always be a challenge. We’d like to have more overlap in terms of timing for the resources they assign to us. I know that this is asking them to work late hours, and it’s important to have work-life balance, so I don’t know if this is an area of improvement or whether it’s even a reasonable ask.

I recommend working with Quovantis to software product-led companies, rather than to ones making physical goods.

They met our timelines. They weren’t late even once.
    I didn’t even negotiate.
    They delivered what we wanted without any handholding.
    I do that all the time.