Leading The Continuous Delivery of Quality

QualityWorks is a global leader in DevOps best practices in quality assurance. We create tools, processes and frameworks that enable businesses to accelarate software delivery via agile coach and training, test automation, infrastructure development and monitoring.

Los Angeles, CA
Headquarters
  • QualityWorks Consulting Group
    6018 S. Citrus Avenue
    Los Angeles, CA 90043
    310-467-5122

Quality Assurance Testing for Online Ticketing Service

"[They were] very cost-effective for us, hitting deadlines and staying on schedule."

2012 - Ongoing

QualityWorks audited and then replaced a manual testing process with an automated environment. They continue to support dev-related QA efforts.

Santa Monica, California
Information Security Officer

Trustworthiness is considered a major differentiator along with their commitment to sustainable code and rapid delivery.

I work for an online ticketing company. I am the information security officer. Before this, I ran quality assurance for the company, which is where much of our work with QualityWorks came in.

What challenge were you trying to address with QualityWorks?

Our initial project was for a separate website, which needed some serious QA [quality assurance] coverage. There was a fair amount of custom functionality on the site and we needed to ensure that everything would work properly.

QualityWorks collaborated with our own development teams, testing our code and monitoring the whole site from a QA perspective. QualityWorks has helped automate a lot of the manual testing done in my company for a long time, getting a good system in place. We've worked with up to 4–5 testers from QualityWorks at a single point.

How did you come to work with QualityWorks?

We went through a vetting process and interviewed different companies, but I don't remember the particulars. We assessed them from a knowledge standpoint on testing in general, good practices and automation ability. I had also worked with QualityWorks previously.

How much have you invested with QualityWorks?

I don't have this information. I haven't handled invoicing for the past few years.

We worked with QualityWorks for around 4-years, on several different projects. They continued to collaborate with the company for around a year and a half after I no longer oversaw the quality assurance department.

QualityWorks was very efficient, and we always heard good feedback from the teams that collaborated with them. When we were first looking to automate our processes, there was no question in letting QualityWorks take the lead. Everyone trusted the quality of work provided by them. They were able to come in and assess our code, begin testing, and even make key recommendations about what we could do to improve our processes.

How did QualityWorks perform from a project management standpoint?

QualityWorks was very cost-effective for us, hitting dates and staying on schedule. We switched between a few different tools, including Mingle and Jira.

What did you find most impressive about QualityWorks?

The one thing that comes to mind is trust in QualityWorks' ability to handle the work. We felt the same level of confidence in them as we had with our internal teams, and knew that high expectations would be met. QualityWorks could take any project we gave them, and make it successful.

Are there any areas QualityWorks could improve?

Nothing comes to mind. Within the latter part of our collaboration, I switched to a different department, but the fact that QualityWorks was kept on for as long as they were, says a lot. The internal practice is to replace groups which don't meet our standards.

Overall Score I can't say anything bad about QualityWorks, and really enjoyed working with the group.
    We never had any delays.
    QualityWorks was well-worth the money we spent.
    QualityWorks always continued to exceed our expectations on projects.
    I wouldn't hesitate to recommend QualityWorks.

Manual & Automated Testing for Internet Company

"They provide good value [to us] through leadership, communication, project management, and superior capabilities."

Oct. 2015 - Ongoing

This engagement involves testing automation for an existing ad delivery platform, allowing in-house dev resources to focus solely on feature deployment.

Senior Director of Product Management

A willingness to proactively communicate unexpected delays separates QualityWorks from competitors. Uncompromising responsiveness is also considered a key differentiator.

We're an Internet-based company in Southern California, providing a points-earning platform to consumers. We provide a multichannel website featuring shopping, surveys, and video content, allowing users to earn points in a variety of ways, even by simply searching the web. I am a senior director of product management. I lead the shopping and discovery channels for the company.

What challenge were you trying to address with QualityWorks?

We needed to move toward a more mature phase in terms of QA [quality assurance] processes. We were looking for a company that had automated capabilities because the manual aspect of our own process was the main shortcoming. It didn't lend itself to scalability and gaining efficiency in code management. We needed to maintain the basic functionalities of our site while we continued to add features.

QualityWorks has been assisting us in terms of testing a particular ad delivery platform, which was built in-house. QualityWorks has provided testing automation that our company was not able to implement. We have experience with manual testing but not testing automation.

We worked with an overall project manager from QualityWorks, who interfaced with our internal business stakeholders and our CTO. I believe that we had a 2–3 member team from QualityWorks, and we mainly interfaced with our project lead.

How did you come to work with QualityWorks?

I was not involved in this process, but I know that QualityWorks was found by our previous product manager, who had contacts in the industry.

We started working with QualityWorks in the fall of 2015. Our original plan was to launch the platform in March 2016. Our priorities have changed, but we're still engaged with QualityWorks, even though that platform isn't our top priority at the moment. QualityWorks is still working with us in order to make sure that the in-house tool built by us is being tested. It's an important part of our fleet of technology.

The general impact of QualityWorks's services has been positive. They've implemented automation and communicated well through periodic updates. We've had a regular feedback loop. We were looking for a QA technology company that would be able to implement automation, and QualityWorks did that.

How did QualityWorks perform from a project management standpoint?

I can't comment on the budget, but I never had the sense that we went over it. QualityWorks was able to address anything that we asked for promptly. Any delays due to unexpected circumstances were communicated to us ahead of time. I was very happy with QualityWorks's project management. We used JIRA in order to track issues and bugs, as well as Google Hangouts in order to meet with QualityWorks. We also used other Google tools like Docs and Sheets.

What did you find most impressive about QualityWorks?

It may not be unique, but I found QualityWorks to be capable and easy to work with. They provided good value to our internal team through leadership, communication, project management, and superior capabilities. The people from QualityWorks with whom I interfaced were a pleasure to work with.

Overall Score 5
    5―I don't know what our cost was, but my sense was that we received good value.

Manual QA Testing for Computer Software Company

"[They have] a good understanding of test practices, industry standard tools, and manual coding."

Jan. 2016 - June 2016

This project required automated testing for a series of separately developed/ implemented back-end APIs [Application Programming Interfaces].

Ireland
Executive Architect

A key highlight was their ability to audit and rapidly understand the technical nuances of the project scope.

We're a development company specializing in Node.js. We develop and implement custom solutions for our clients' needs. I am an executive architect for the company.

What challenge were you trying to address with QualityWorks Consulting Group?

Through an executive engagement, we had a requirement for a QA [quality assurance] analyst, which wasn't a resource that we had in-house. As a software company, quality assurance is a vital element to successful delivery. We had some very challenging work coming in and we needed some expert support to help us ensure a consistent level of quality across the board.

QualityWorks was brought in for a specific project. We were developing a back-end API [application programming interface] for a customer who wanted to have automated tests running against the developed work, for which QualityWorks provided 4 testing resources. We interacted with them directly on a day-to-day basis as well as through a project lead.

How did you come to work with QualityWorks Consulting Group?

Our CTO [chief technical officer] had worked with QualityWorks previously, so he reached out to them when we had the need for QA resources. We also tried building an in-house team, but it didn't work.

How much have you invested with QualityWorks Consulting Group?

We've spent around $100,000 for QualityWorks's services.

The project had a 6-month duration and was finalized in June 2016.

QualityWorks was able to implement a full suite of automated tests across all APIs developed by us. The tests were based on internal customer metrics, and QualityWorks ensured that there was adequate test coverage, overall.

How did QualityWorks Consulting Group perform from a project management standpoint?

QualityWorks delivered on time and budget. We used JIRA for tracking our project.

What did you find most impressive about QualityWorks Consulting Group?

QualityWorks has a good understanding of test practices, industry standard tools, and manual coding. Testers were able to re-code and understand how to best test each element.

Are there any areas QualityWorks Consulting Group could improve?

Nothing comes to mind.

What tips or recommendations could you share that might increase the likelihood of success with QualityWorks Consulting Group

Ours was a quite technical project, and QualityWorks was able to understand it quickly. I'd recommend them to other people in the same situation.

QualityWorks has been very responsive and engaged.
    QualityWorks was neutral in terms of cost – not particularly expensive, but also not cheap. It worked out well for us.
    I have no problems recommending QualityWorks to other people.