QBurst is a global software solutions and consulting company with a strong focus on new-generation technology platforms. Our offices are spread across the globe.

QBurst has 1100+ employees comprising developers, designers, UX engineers, quality assurance specialists, business analysts, and project management professionals.

Our service portfolio includes mobile and web development, CRM, big data and analytics, user experience, design, testing, and cloud-based solutions. We have executed more than 650 projects successfully, earning a reputation of being a cost-effective yet high quality service provider.

Founded:
48.85.679.22.99
Sheffield Technology Parks Suite 21, Cooper Buildings Arundel Street
Sheffield, SYK S1 2NS
44.114.360.3250

National Geographic, Bombardier Transportation, PrivateFly, Bharat Petroleum Corporation Ltd., Webs.com, Network Solutions, Rosetta Stone, NYU, AddThis, Dell, Airtel

Accolades:

Deloitte Technology Fast 50 India 2013 & 2012 Program, Deloitte Technology Fast 500 Asia Pacific

Detailed service description:

Mobile development * iPhone & iPad * Windows Mobile * Android * BlackBerry * Symbian * J2ME Web development * PHP * Java * .Net * RoR * Drupal * Wordpress * Joomla * Amazon Web Services * Google Apps Rich Internet Applications * Flex * Silverlight Microsoft Technologies *Sharepoint Cloud Computing - Amazon Web Services - Google Apps Independent Validation and Testing Services Competitive Intelligence * Salesforce consulting and implementation

Industry focus

Client focus

Mobile App Development for Educational Consultancy

Jul 31, 2015

The client is an educational consultancy that offers a range of services from course design and development to training and education, research and auditing to authorship and eLearning. Limited access to affordable development talent required that the client find an outsourced partner to support the design and development of their prototype mobile application. QBurst was first contracted to design and develop the client's mobile app for iOS, Android, and Windows devices. The client has since expanded the scope of QBurst's involvement to include web development.

The client conveyed great satisfaction with the work completed by QBurst. According to the client, they've received overwhelmingly positive feedback from end-customers and end-users of their developed mobile app. The client also recognized QBurst for their uncompromising responsiveness and flexibility. QBurst continues to support the client and comes highly recommended.

"They're real flexible with their clients and QBurst seems to be rather unique when it comes to resource availability and responsiveness. They're great at keeping me updated as to their progress, and they aren't afraid to ask questions when they aren't sure about something."
— Founder, Educational Consultancy

Director, Educational Consultancy

Details:

My company is an educational development consultancy. I help mostly public learning institutions design and develop more compelling and effective academic curricula.

I'm the founder.

OPPORTUNITY/CHALLENGE

What business challenges were you trying to address with QBurst?

When I was first considering hiring a developer, it was for our mobile app. I'm not a technologist by trade, so I couldn't build out the solution, but I had the concepts and the designs prepared already. The app was to be developed for iOS, Android and Windows devices. Timing and cost were both a factor. The idea was to work closely with a developer until we got a minimum viable product ready to test with end-users. We could then work incrementally to improve the app features, layout and design.

Once I hired QBurst, I handed over all of the design schematics and visual materials. We worked together to really flesh out the specifications and make sure everything was understood before they started with the development. I don't actually know the size or composition of the development team assigned to my project because I only interacted with their project lead. They were ultimately responsible for the back-end development, testing, configuration, and implementing the interface design based on the materials I gave them.

How did you come to work with QBurst?

I first came across them while doing some online searches with Google. I had considered some high-end American development shops beforehand, but the majority of them were just too expensive for me, but at the same time, I needed to make sure that whomever I went with had the necessary expertise. QBurst was one of several offshore providers I reached out to, which led to Skype call and a demo of their previous work. I went through the same process with the few other providers under consideration, but with their capabilities on balance, it seemed to me that QBurst would be the best fit.

Could you provide a general cost estimate for this engagement?

In total, I've invested around $20,000.

What is the status of this project?

The mobile apps are now live, but we're still improving it on an ongoing basis. They've also worked with me on a web-based project wherein they're developing a course assessment platform using HTML5 and AngularJS. That's also ongoing.

Could you share any statistics, metrics, or user feedback from these engagements?

I don't have any real metrics to share. My own end-customers and their users have conveyed mostly positive feedback. Most of the compliments are related to the visual design and layout of the mobile apps rather than the specific features, but the apps work exactly as they should, and I rarely receive reports of defects. I'm also very pleased with their work. It's always completed on time and within budget. Perhaps more importantly, they've been great at providing me with accurate time and cost estimates. They're great at managing expectations.

Is there anything unique or special about their practice that distinguishes them from others?

They're real flexible with their clients and QBurst seems to be rather unique when it comes to resource availability and responsiveness. Most of my emails and calls are returned within an hour or two, and all of them within 24 hours. They're great at keeping me updated as to their progress, and they aren't afraid to ask questions when they aren't sure about something.

Based on your experience, are there any areas in which they could improve as a service provider?

Not that I can think of. It's been an entirely positive experience.

What advice, if any, would you give to a future client of theirs?

The two biggest things are having your requirements really honed and being open to asking questions. Definitely give them a chance to offer insight and recommendations. There will be times when they suggest a more efficient or effective solution to the challenge, and you want to take advantage of that.

How would you rate them for the quality of their service and deliverables?

Four.

How would you rate them for scheduling, as in meeting your deadlines and compliance with a project timeline?

Five.

How would you rate them for cost, as in value and conformance with original project estimates?

Four and a half.

How likely are you to recommend them to a friend or colleague?

Five. I already have on several occasions.

Custom Application Development Small Information Technology Firm

Dec 2, 2014

The client is a small software development and information technology services company based in Los Angeles, Calif. Due to limited internal resources, the client sought a qualified technology partner to support their ongoing custom development initiatives. The client was first approached by QBurst during a point in which they were experiencing difficulties scaling their internal development resources. QBurst was selected from a handful of potential offshore providers based on their previous experience and demonstrated capabilities. Once commissioned, QBurst began to collaborate closely with the client on their development projects, which involved the following: User requirements gathering, project scoping, strategic oversight, custom functional development, data preparation and migration, information architecture, user interface/user experience and performance testing, maintenance and ongoing support.

The client conveyed great satisfaction and gratitude for the work delivered by QBurst Technologies. According to the client, QBurst Technologies remains an instrumental component to their ongoing custom development endeavors. Overall, the client indicates that QBurst has been able to deliver high quality, tested code on a consistent basis. QBurst received additional praise for their attention to detail and responsiveness to client requests. The client maintains an ongoing relationship with QBurst and recommends them to others.

"They did terrific work, and we got very positive feedback from our clients and end users. They’re very reliable from a project management perspective, too." -- CEO, Software Development Firm

CEO at Nextware Technologies

Greater Los Angeles Area

Could you briefly describe your organization?

I run a custom software development firm. We perform custom application development for mobile and Web applications. We also provide IT [information technology] consulting and some software implementation services.

I’m the chief executive officer.

OPPORTUNITY/CHALLENGE

Could you describe the business challenge that you were attempting to address when you first approached QBurst?

I was looking for a partner that we could outsource some our custom development work. We had a resource challenge, and we tried QBurst for a particular development project and really liked them, so we started working with them more.

Please describe the scope of their involvement.

It’s been custom development. We’ve worked together on custom iOS development, Ruby on Rails, and Android application development. We carve out a project, we provide the technical requirements, and then have them build out the solution. QBurst provides the developers and testers. They also do their project management in-house, so that works nicely.

How did you choose QBurst as your partner?

They actually approached us. A lot of companies approach us for outsourcing our work, I’m getting almost one or two requests every day. That request came at the right time, so I followed up on it and it worked out. I was talking to multiple candidates. I didn’t have a particular location in mind. I was open to finding anybody who could do the work and do it well. They had the expertise, and their rates were very reasonable.

Could you provide a general cost estimate for this engagement?

The project was between $50,000 and $70,000.

Does this engagement remain ongoing?

Very much so, we still use them for ad hoc improvement and maintenance-type issues.

In terms of results, could you share any statistics or metrics that would demonstrate the quality of their performance?

They did terrific work, and we got very positive feedback from our clients and end users. The system is robust, and the user interfaces are developed extremely well. The solutions are very user friendly. It was a pretty complex and challenging application that we had them build. It had a number of things that we had to integrate with, so it was not an easy application to develop.

When working with QBurst, is there anything that you’d consider unique about their approach that distinguishes them from other vendors?

I haven’t really worked with a lot of other offshore developers to be able to make an educated comparison, but I really like working with them. They’re a good, competent group of people, and I enjoy the working relationship. They’re very good from a project management perspective, too.

In retrospect, are there any areas in which you think they could improve as a service provider?

Not really. I think they’re a good resource for us and we plan to continue using them.

We have five additional questions. For each of these, we ask that you rate QBurst on a scale of one to five, with five being the best score. How would you rate them for the quality of work that they’ve delivered?

Five.

How would you rate them for scheduling, as in meeting deadlines and compliance with the project timeline?

Five.

How would you rate them for cost, as in value and conformance with the original estimates?

Five.

How likely are you to recommend them to a friend or colleague, out of five?

Custom iOS and Android Development Health Care Technology Firm

Dec 1, 2014

The client is a platform for health care professionals to personalize, access and connect through evidence-based research while also enabling hospitals to meet new accreditation and funding requirements. The client sought a qualified technology partner to develop and deploy a new custom mobile application for both iOS and Android platforms. QBurst was recommended to the client by a close business associate, and they were selected as the solution partner based on their previous experience and demonstrated technical capabilities. Once commissioned, QBurst assumed responsibility for the technical development of the client's mobile application, which involved the following: User requirements gathering, project scoping, custom functional development, data preparation and migration, systems integration, information architecture, user interface/user experience and performance testing, ad hoc modifications and enhancements, and ongoing support.

The client remains very satisfied with the work delivered by QBurst. According to the client, the successful launch of their custom mobile application has received nothing, but positive feedback from external end-users and internal stakeholders. The client indicated that QBurst remains instrumental to their ongoing custom development and platform enhancement initiatives. QBurst received further praise for their willingness and capacity to adopt their clients' preferred style of project management. The client maintains an ongoing relationship with QBurst and recommends them to others without reservation.

"They really adapt to what the client needs. They’re flexible, and we were able to add a developer or cut a developer’s time in half on relatively short notice, depending on the needs of the project." -- Co-founder, Docphin

Co-Founder at Docphin

Greater New York City Area

Could you briefly describe your organization?

We offer a medical research platform on Web and mobile. We provide physicians and other medical professionals with access to medical research content.

I’m one of the co-founders.

OPPORTUNITY/CHALLENGE

Could you describe the business challenges that you were attempting to address when you first approached QBurst?

We started as a Web platform, and we had a beta version of the app. We were looking to launch a full-fledged app that we could then continue to add enhanced features to. We needed programmers for an iOS and Android app.

Please describe the scope of their involvement.

They were involved mostly in the functional development. We provided all of the design collateral, and other technical specs. They performed the custom coding and helped us deploy the apps once they were fully functional and tested.

How did you choose QBurst as your partner?

A friend of ours recommended QBurst to us.

Could you provide a general cost estimate for this engagement?

[It was] $3,000 to $5,000 a month. They were very flexible in terms of ramping up and down. Some months we’d double that, and some months we’d cut that in half, depending on what our needs were.

When was the project completed?

We’ve been working with them for one and a half or two years. It’s an ongoing relationship.

In terms of results, could you share any statistics, metrics, or user feedback that would demonstrate the quality of their overall performance?

Our iPhone app was selected by Apple, in March of 2014, as best new app for medical professionals and featured in the medical section of the iTunes store. It has now been featured in more than 50 countries. They’ve adopted our project management system, which is great because we didn’t have to change our workflows; they adapted to our needs and us. They respond usually within 24 hours. They’ve been great.

I think they really adapt to what the client needs. We manage the project directly, and they have developers that work under our supervision. We also have the ability to have a project manager and quality assurance person on their side, if we wanted. We’ve used that a little bit in the past, but mostly we’ve done the testing, the quality assurance, and the management. They’re flexible, and we were able to add a developer or cut a developer’s time in half on relatively short notice, depending on the needs of the project.

In retrospect, are there any areas in which you think they might be able to improve as a service provider?

I think it’s worked out well for us. I can’t make any recommendations for improvement based on our experience with them. Assuming they operate this way with their other clients, I’d venture to say they have a fantastic team there. Client satisfaction is clearly a priority for them.

Five.

How likely are you to recommend this company to a colleague, out of five?

Five. We’ve referred them to a lot of people.

Custom Development Boutique Marketing Firm

Feb 21, 2014

The client is a technology-focused marketing solutions provider delivering tailored digital marketing, interactive web publishing, and social media engagement services. The client sought a technology partner to help manage and support technical aspects of their client projects. QBurst was one of a handful of potential vendors to receive an inquiry from the client, and they were chosen as the solution partner based on their demonstrated capabilities. Once commissioned, QBurst began to collaborate closely with the client on a number of projects, which involved the following: user requirements gathering, project scoping, data preparation & migration, database & hosting configuration, systems integration, information architecture, custom backend development, QA/QC & performance testing, and ongoing support.

The client remains very satisfied with the work delivered by QBurst. According to the client, QBurst remains instrumental in their various development projects. In fact, the client indicated that QBurst has far exceeded their expectations in terms of quality and reliability. QBurst was further praised for their meticulous attention to detail and their flexibility with client requests. The client maintains an ongoing relationship with QBurst and recommends them highly.

"They make it a point to ensure quality project management. We’ve always been impressed with the expertise available to us."

Owner & Founder at Ruiz McPherson Communications

Greater Washington DC Area

Could you briefly describe your organization?

I run an interactive marketing company. We manage marketing technology solutions on behalf of our clients.

You’re the owner and founder, correct?

Yes, that’s right.

OPPORTUNITY/CHALLENGE

Could you describe the business challenges you were attempting to address when you first approached QBurst?

At the time, this was late 2000, a lot of the client work we were receiving for marketing was becoming very technical; a lot of it involved email marketing, Web design, and blogging. At the time when these requests would come in for clients, it was getting to the point where it was getting so technical that we had to turn work away. It was beginning to hurt the business, so we began to think of ways to tap into the resources we needed.

I wasn’t able to fulfill the technology requirements. It got to the point where I got tired of referring the work away, so I started searching for a technology partner that I could collaborate very closely with us on these more technical projects. After some research, I learned of QBurst and we started on a tiny project. Five years later, we’re still together, tackling all kinds of marketing technology projects.

Could you describe the scope of work in greater detail?

Most of their work has primarily been in custom Web development, which has since evolved into mobile application development. They deal with all of the custom coding, testing, and deployment. We take care of creative and strategy. Together, we’re able to offer an integrated and holistic solution to our clients.

How did you select QBurst as your solution partner?

It began with some basic research, but they were the first ones we reached out to and since we were impressed by their proposal, there wasn’t any reason to continue on with the search.

Could you provide a general cost estimate for this project?

The projects vary. We’ve had some between $5,000 and $20,000. But, we’ve also had some that range well more than $40,000.

When was this project completed?

The relationship remains ongoing, but the most recent project was launched in February [of 2014].

In terms of results, could you share any statistics, metrics, or user feedback that would demonstrate the effectiveness of their work?

The overall results have been that our clients are delighted. They’ve been very happy with all of the solutions that we’ve delivered thus far. There hasn’t been a perfect project because there’s no such thing, but the deployments have been relatively smooth. We haven’t experienced an incident since 2009, and even then, the communications issues were resolved rapidly. They make it a point to ensure quality project management.

When working with QBurst, is there anything you’d consider unique about their approach and/or development methodology that distinguish them from other vendors?

In my experience, they’re just very technically seasoned. I can ask any question and if they don’t know it, they have someone on the team that can come back and deliver a layman's explanation. We’ve always been impressed with the expertise available to their developers.

In retrospect, are there areas in which you think they could improve as a service provider?

If I had to pick one thing, it would be quality of their interface designs. They’re technologists at heart, so you’re not going to have fancy or extravagant designs, but they’ve improved that over the years. They’re great with design instructions. In other words, if you give them the guidance they can definitely deliver. But what you can’t do is go to them with an idea and something more subjective and have them build something out from scratch. They know where their strengths are, and it’s very clearly in the technical areas.

How would you rate them for the quality of work they’ve delivered?

Five. Their technical development is top notch.

Five.

How would you rate them for cost, as in value and/or conformance with the original estimates?

Five.

How likely are you to recommend them to a friend or colleague?

Five. I’ve referred them in the past and continue to do so.

Mayra Ruiz McPherson

Custom iOS/Android Development Startup

Aug 8, 2014

The client is an information technology  startup that offers mobile applications (iOS and Android) to commercial businesses. The client sought a technology partner to develop and deploy their custom mobile application for both iOS and Android platforms. QBurst was one of several potential vendors to receive a request for proposal from the client, and they were chosen as the solution partner based on their demonstrated capabilities. Once commissioned, QBurst assumed responsibility for the client's mobile application project, which required the following services: User requirements gathering, project scoping, custom functional development, user interface/user experience and performance testing, and ongoing support.

The client remains quite pleased with the work delivered by QBurst. While their project remains ongoing, the client indicated that their development cycle has progressed without issue. QBurst was recognized explicitly for their ability to deliver consistently high-quality code. QBurst was also praised highly for their responsiveness to and flexibility with client requests. The client maintains an ongoing relationship with QBurst and recommends them to others.

"They're great at incorporating their client's feedback into the development cycle. We feel like they really listen and understand our desires."

Founder & CEO at Daycare2me

Austin, Texas

Details:

Could you provide a brief description of your organization?

Our company creates apps for technical interests. Our apps cater to the business-to-business marketplace.

I'm the owner and founder.

OPPORTUNITY/CHALLENGE

This was a technical application for both iOS and Android platforms. Even though we do have some technical expertise, we didn't feel comfortable with the idea of deploying our app on our own within the timeframe we wanted. For that reason, we wanted to find a development partner that could develop the app for us under our direct supervision. Because timing and budget were key constraints for us, we knew we wanted to approach an offshore vendor.

Could you describe the scope of work delivered during the course of this engagement?

Yes. They provided project management resources, custom software development, data preparation and migration, user testing and quality assurance, and ongoing support. We collaborated closely with them throughout the entire deployment.

How did you select QBurst as your solution partner?

We posted our project description on Elance.com and QBurst was one of a few offshore vendors that responded with a proposal. We followed up with them directly and had them show us some of their previous work for both iOS and Android. We were impressed with what they'd done and it was made clear to us that they had some considerable development resources, which was a nice reassurance because we knew that if we were successful, it was going to be likely that we'd have increased development needs. So, scalability was also a big factor for us. We felt that QBurst could offer us the best service for the most reasonable price. That's ultimately why we ended up choosing them.

In terms of results, could you share any statistics, metrics, or user feedback you've received that would demonstrate the effectiveness of their work?

I don't know if I can share quantitative figures with you, but they've delivered work ahead of schedule on a regular basis. Their development output comes to us already tested, which means we have very few user-facing defects. The feedback we've received has been generally positive. We've heard positive remarks about both the layout of the app and its actual functionality. We've been very satisfied with the results.

When working with QBurst, is there anything you'd consider unique about their approach or development methodology that distinguishes them from other vendors?

The first thing is that there's no element of surprise with them. Everything is well managed and their approach is very simple. It's not very bureaucratic. You don't have to go through a lot of approval processes. They're great at incorporating their client's feedback into the development cycle. We feel like they really listen and understand our desires and do their best to align their work with those things.

I think cost is always an area for improvement, but I don't think they're unreasonable in terms of service. They definitely weren't the cheapest option for us, but given the level of service, I can't say it wasn't worth it.

We have five additional questions. For each of these, we ask that you rate QBurst on a scale of one to five, with five being the best score. How would you rate them for the quality of work delivered?

Five.

How likely would you be to recommend them to a friend or colleague?

Kapil Rajurkar

Custom Development Information Technology Startup

Web development

Apr 25, 2014

The client is an information technology startup offering e-commerce, development, and design services to commercial clients. The client sought a technology partner to design and develop a custom mobile application using HTML5. QBurst was one of several potential vendors to receive an inquiry and statement of work from the client, and they were selected QBurst based on their previous experience and relative cost estimate. Once commissioned, QBurst assumed responsibility for deploying the client's custom application, which entailed the following services: Requirements gathering, project scoping, custom functional development (HTML5), user interface/user experience and performance testing, and ongoing support.

The client conveyed great satisfaction for the work delivered by QBurst. While the application development was successful, the client has yet to release the first version to its users. The client indicated that the custom coding delivered by QBurst was of consistently high quality. In fact, QBurst was praised highly for their meticulous and thorough approach to app development. The client maintains an ongoing relationship with QBurst and recommends them to others.

"Their team delivers high-quality code on a consistent basis. We've been very impressed by the diligence of their developers."

Owner & Founder at Ksens

Poland

Details:

Could you provide a brief description of your organization?

First of all, we're a very small company. We're about five people, with some additional contractors. We focus on delivering IT [information technology]-related services, such as e-commerce, development, and design expertise, to commercial clients.

I'm the owner and founder.

OPPORTUNITY/CHALLENGE

At the time, we were looking for a vendor to develop a custom Web application for us. We had the conceptual design, but we needed programmers to build a functioning model. We didn't have the resources in house, and we wanted to minimize the total amount of resources we had to invest in this first build.

How did you select QBurst as your solution partner for this endeavor?

We'd already been introduced to them through some sort of local event. Their local development team was present at the same event. When we first began planning our project, and we decided we wanted to find a partner, QBurst naturally came up in our discussion. We sent a description of our project to a handful of local vendors, including QBurst. We were ultimately most impressed by their proposal, so we invited them to present some of their relevant work. They showed us a few of their past projects that incorporated similar requirements to ours, which made us feel very comfortable in their capabilities. That's how they won the work.

Could you describe the scope of work they've delivered to you during the course of this project?

As I'd mentioned, we really only needed them for the functional development of the Web app. We had the design and framework prepared when we first went to them. We needed them for their coding capabilities. They performed all of the custom development using HTML5 and handled all of the quality assurance testing. They continue to offer support to us.

In U.S. dollars, I think we probably spent between $60,000 and $70,000 for the development.

When was this project completed?

It must have been near the end of April, perhaps the beginning of May [of 2014].

I actually can't share any figures with you because we haven't released the functional version to users quite yet. We're still in the process of devising and rolling out our deployment strategy, and we needed some extra time to consider how we're going to market it to new users. I can tell you that in terms of performance, their team delivers high-quality code on a consistent basis. We've been very impressed by the diligence of their developers. We've rarely found bugs or errors in their code. Because of their vigilance, we don't really anticipate running into any technical difficulties when we do end up releasing it to users.

When working with QBurst, is there anything you'd consider unique about their strategic approach or development methodology that distinguish them from other vendors?

Like I said before, it'd have to be the quality of their code. We've been working on the project for some time now, and we've never run into issues with functionality. It's clear to us that they've got some serious technical talent over there. At the end of the day, since we hired them exclusively for their coding abilities, I can't say that we've been disappointed.

In retrospect, are there areas in which you think QBurst could improve as a service provider?

To be entirely honest, my only recommendation for them would be to invest in their UI/UX [user interface/user experience] expertise. We were responsible for dealing with user testing and ensuring the interface was usable and accessible. It'd have been great if they could have also taken responsibility for that, even if just to review the work we'd done. That's the only area that I saw could really use some improvement.

Four.

How would you rate them for scheduling, as in meeting your deadlines and compliance with the project timeline?

Five.

How would you rate them for cost, as in value for your money and conformance with the original estimates?

Four.

How willing would you be to refer them to a friend or colleague?

Waldemar Kardasz

Mobile Application Startup Development

Dec 22, 2014

The client is a mobile application startup that is creating an e-commerce app for the hospitality industry. There was a need to find a technology partner to act as the CTO. QBurst was selected to provide development and advice. The work is ongoing and has grown into a very large engagement.

The client is very satisfied with the work delivered by QBurst. They have a deep team that manages projects well and is independent. The only complaint is that creative design could improve. QBurst is highly recommended to others.

"They did exactly what I asked, and they moved the project along without a lot of management oversight from me."

Founder, Ecommerce Mobile App Startup

New York Metro Area

Details:

Please describe your company.

We are a startup that is doing an e-commerce app in the hospitality space.

What is your role and responsibilities, please?

I am the founder.

OPPORTUNITY/CHALLENGE

What was your goal for working with QBurst?

We used them as our CTO and team partner.

They’ve been our partner from everything from the strategy to the vision behind the product. They do everything from wireframes and specs to the coding. They did design work as well. We’ve spoken with them about doing some business intelligence work once we get launched, which they also do.

What was your process for selecting QBurst with which to work?

I looked at some of their top developers and spoke with a handful of them. I knew some people who had previously worked in the industry. I also spoke to some people who hired them to develop sites in the past that were actually live.

The total cost is around $500,000.

Is the work ongoing or completed?

The work is ongoing.

Do you have any statistics or metrics to track improvement from the project?

We had a budget, and the projects have all changed as we move along. It wasn't like I handed them a spec and asked them to build it. It was an iterative process. From that standpoint, we were quite a bit higher than what the project was originally quoted, but a lot of that was from us evolving the vision of the project. It wasn’t on them.

Are you satisfied with their work?

Yes. The work has been very good. They did exactly what I asked, and they moved the project along without a lot of management oversight from me. Their senior people are good about keeping projects moving forward.

They can put a lot of resources on a project quickly, which is nice. I haven’t done a lot of other projects and don’t have a lot of data points to compare them to.

If they could improve on anything, it would be on the creative design side. They are very good at executing things the way the majority of websites have been done, but they could also take some risks.

We ask you to rate QBurst on a scale of one to five, with five being the top score. What would you give them out of five for the quality of their work?

Four point five.

For schedule, as in being on time and meeting deadlines?

Five. They’re very good at that.

For cost, as in value for your money and sticking with the original estimates?

For the overall score?

Four point five.

How likely are you to recommend QBurst to a colleague, out of five?

Five. I have already given their name out.

Custom Salesforce Development for European Transport Organization

Apr 15, 2012

The client is an international transportation company based in Poland. The client selected Qburst Technologies from a shortlist of development partners supplied by their Salesforce representative. Qburst Technologies was enlisted to provide custom app development and data integration for the client's unmaintained Salesforce platform.

The client was pleasantly surprised by their experience collaborating with Qburst Technologies. The client approached the project quite skeptical of outsourced development work. However, Qburst delivered high-quality work at an extremely reasonable price. The client was impressed by their level of expertise and their exemplary work ethic. The client would recommend Qburst Technologies to others.

"They do whatever is necessary in order to complete the task on time and meet the expectations of their clients."

General Manager

Small

Warsaw, Masovian District, Poland

Details:

Could you provide some background information on what your company does?

I represent a freight forwarding company. We arrange international transport for our customers. Others and myself are located in Poland, but our mother company and sister companies are located in other European countries.

We purchased the Salesforce platform for our company quite some time ago. We had an external company implement it for us. From that point forward, the software was not really maintained by anyone in terms of administration. There was of course general, daily administration, but there was no formal guidance towards development, or increased functionality.

Later, I was appointed to the Eurogate Group of Companies to maintain it and to begin the much needed development work. I began conducting research on potential development partners. I ended up receiving a shortlist of potential companies from a Salesforce representative. The list included Qburst Technologies and a few others. After a brief discussion with them regarding our requirements and goals, they submitted their proposal, which I reviewed and accepted.

What is your position in the company?

I’m the general manager for the Polish division.

Could you describe the scope of the project? What components were involved, such as design, development, and support?

We worked much of the time remotely using GoToMeeting, so we didn't need to meet in person. I’m working with the Qburst team in India. They are there whenever I need them. Collaboration begins with email and then we connect remotely so we can talk face-to-face.

As for the scope, the software was designed and implemented by someone who didn’t really know the company or the employees in great detail. It ended up being a very blunt instrument for us. After some time, we had an excess of data that wasn’t validated. At that point, our employees began to dismiss the platform and usage began to plummet. This only added to our inefficiency and it really meant we had wasted a lot of resources on a system that ended up being entirely neglected.

Qburst worked with me to identify those bottlenecks and we were able to validate all of our data. We also added some forced functionality to the platform so data wouldn’t fall through the cracks or end up unused.

We are using basic functionality because we have the professional version only. We are not ready yet to upgrade to the advanced versions. We are using the system to first record all of the information on Eurogate companies and second to distribute access the entire organization. We are also using the system to handle leads registration, accounts registration within accounts for prospect customers, customers, suppliers, non-operational suppliers, and contact staff.

We have two or three sections similar to tabs where we have customized items, but this had been done in the past.

Could you provide a sense of the size of the initiative either in monetary terms or in personnel dedicated to the project?

I was really the only representative from Eurogate, and Qburst dedicated one developer. This allowed us to minimize the budget requirements. It was much cheaper than working with Polish consultants who are usually five times more expensive than their Indian counterparts.

Has the project been completed, or is it still ongoing?

The first two projects have been completed in terms of objectives met, but they still provide ongoing support for malfunctions and other related issues. In this sense, we request their assistance with a problem we are having. They provide a solution or fix, and once it is complete and we approve the outcome, they charge us. We are now in the process of agreeing on a third project.

How would you evaluate QBurst in terms of performance?

My experience with them has been very positive. It’s not the same experience as working closely with developers on-site. In terms of effective cooperation, the partnership has been quite positive. I’m actually surprised that I managed to do this.

When we finished the first phase of the project, I had a presentation for our management team. This was something new for us because in the last few years, no one was handling the development of the system. Suddenly, someone proposed that we handle the structure of key customers and strategy in the system.

I know that from the technology point of view, this is very simple. They finished in two weeks; they programmed the entire thing. It was not so simple for me because I lack professional training with Salesforce.

Is there anything you would consider special about Qburst compared to other development firms you’ve worked with in the past?

For one thing, I’m certain they’re working diligently after 4:00pm during a normal workday. Typically, in Europe, this is not the case. If you sign an agreement with Qburst for one or two weeks of work, they will be working on Saturdays and Sundays if they have to. They do whatever is necessary in order to complete the task on time and meet the expectations of their clients.

I have five additional questions. These are scaled questions. For each, I ask that you rate QBurst Technologies on a scale of one to five, with five being the best.

How would you rate QBurst for the quality of their work?

I would say four.

How would you rate them for scheduling, as in being on time and meeting deadlines?

I would say four as well.

How would you rate them for cost, as in value for your money and adhering to the original project estimates?

Five.

How would you rate them for professionalism, as in communication and responsiveness?

I would say four because they are in India.

Four.

Would you recommend QBurst to others?

Yes, of course.

Custom Salesforce Development for eCommerce Platform

Jan 1, 2015

The client is an Australian-based business-consumer network that provides an eCommerce platform for international traders. The client worked in close collaboration with QBurst for the purpose of customized application development on their proprietary platform. The client required significant development expertise with Salesforce.com for purposes of data conversion and application compatibility. The project remains ongoing, and has only recently moved into its second stage.

The client remains quite pleased with the work delivered by QBurst. In particular, the client emphasizes QBurst's diligence in documenting its progress, including status reports, timeframes, and requirement alterations. The client is also impressed by the ability of QBurst developers and project leads to communicate and convey technical content in a comprehensible manner. The client considers these qualities to be primary contributors to the overall success of the ongoing project. The client would recommend QBurst to others.

"I find the QBurst team extremely helpful. In my opinion, they’re technically competent and pleasant to deal with."

Founder and Managing Director

Small

Sydney, New South Wales, Australia

Details:

Could you please provide a brief description of what your company does?

We’re creating a distance consumer network. We’re thinking of something akin to LinkedIn, except we don’t combine all users in the same pot. We’re trying to balance supply and demand of people providing services and people demanding them. The point of difference is we’re a transactional network not just a relational one.

I came to QBurst after having a very bad experience with a Salesforce consultant, probably at this stage subject to a legal case. We’ve lost $80,000 because of it. I approached Salesforce to do something about this. They acknowledged there were a lot of problems, but they weren’t able to step in because they said the provider in question was not a Salesforce partner.

I find the QBurst team extremely helpful. In my opinion, they’re technically competent and pleasant to deal with. They’re polite in the way they go about in their work and, in that sense, they’ve been very pleasant to deal with. It’s been a big relief to me because with the previous provider, I can tell you, during a period of five months, it was a very stressful experience.

Could you explain the process by which you selected QBurst to work with?

When the things fell through with the other provider, I was looking around for someone to help salvage it, of course. I picked QBurst and another company to audit the partial work. QBurst reviewed the delivered work, and submitted a report on the functional details. They supported all of my criticisms,  and identified all of the areas of underperformance and/or incompetence. More importantly, they didn’t bill me for this evaluation. It was conducted out of decency and good faith. I appreciated that wholeheartedly. From there, I asked to be their client and for them to resume the project. That’s essentially the selection process in a nutshell.

Could you describe the scope of the project? Did it include design, development, and support?

It’s hard to be explicit. I’m not a developer myself. The workload was quite comprehensive. There was certainly custom application development and some design work necessary. We’re still in the process of tweaking elements in the application and its integrated information.

Could you describe the size of the project in either monetary terms or personnel dedicated to it?

The long-term project is global in scope. I’m shooting for three million new users in three years, which is ambitious. For now, QBurst has six developers dedicated to the project and two project leads. That number will surely increase as we continue to make progress.

How happy are you with the work that QBurst has delivered thus far?

It’s a little bit difficult for me to say from a functional point of view because we are actually launching to the public for the first time next Monday. I need see how the user react, and I need to get a feeling of how well what they’ve done holds up. With regard to me being able to see how they’ve arranged things, how they’ve interpreted my requests, and how they’ve put things together, what I’ve seen so far looks very good. I respect these guys because I can see that behind their work, they’ve actually applied their own thinking to do the right thing by me. They’ve extended their creativity on a technical level to meet the requirements. They’ve gone beyond the basic call of duty. They’ve treated it almost, you could say, like it was with the same respect as if it was their own project.

Is there anything you would consider unique or special about QBurst when compared to other firms you’ve worked with?

Their process documentation has been phenomenal. They’re great at updating reports on progress. They communicate all of the details to me and, when they run into problems, they’re immediately contacting me in order to clarify certain things.

To sum up, we have five additional questions. For each question, we ask that you please rate QBurst on a scale of one to five, with five being the best. How would you rate QBurst for the quality of the work that they’ve delivered?

I think four and a half.

For the schedule, as in being on time and meeting deadlines?

Four and a half.For cost, as in value for your money and adhering to the original estimates?

The same: Four and a half.

For professionalism, responsiveness and communication?

It’d be the same again or five. I’ll give them a five.

What would you give them as your kind of experience overall?

I think it’s going to be high. A four and a half is reasonable enough.

I’m assuming that you would recommend QBurst to others?

Yes. I will. In my system, because I connect people to businesses, and that’s how Beehive will make its money, I will be promoting their service to my members in that category.

Do you have any additional commentary regarding your experience with QBurst?

As I’ve said, the whole experience has been positive. I’m moving into a closer relationship with them. It’s a massive plus for the client in the bigger projects to have the people on the ground that you can trust.

Daily Deals Mobile Development

May 1, 2011

QBurst developed and iPhone and Android application that enabled digital loyalty for small businesses. This app extended the client’s Web capabilities into the mobile space.

The client is appreciative for the effort that QBurst put into developing their application. The positive launch of their mobile applications was a big factor in the success of their company.

"The application was big hit, and was a factor in the successful acquisition of our company. QBurst was highly conformant to the processes that we proposed."

Details:

Can you briefly describe your company?

We are a daily deals destination that targets a specific demographic. We provide our target demographic great offers while enhancing their loyalty to local businesses. We are based out of San Francisco, Calif..

What were your goals going into the project?

We wished to extend our current Web service into the mobile space to target users on the go. Since we provide deals based on location, a mobile application offers a more intimate customer experience. As a startup, we needed to find a cost-effective but high-quality development partner.

What was the scope of the project?

QBurst completed all of the design and development for our Android and iPhone applications. They based the user experience and visual style based on our existing website.

What was the result of the project?

The application was a big hit and was a factor in the successful acquisition of our company.

Was there anything unique about QBurst?

They were highly conformant to the processes that we proposed.

Is there any area where QBurst could improve?

If I were to be picky, I'd say that they could have paid more attention to design artifacts.

To sum up, here are five questions. For each question, rate QBurst on a scale of one to five, with five being the best. For the first one, what would you give them for the quality of their work?

Five.

How about for schedule as in being on time and meeting deadlines?

Four.

How about for cost as in value for your money but also sticking with the original estimates?

Five.

How about for professionalism as in responding to emails, communication, and flexibility?

Five.

Overall?

Four.

Would you recommend QBurst?

I would recommend QBurst to others.

Tezzle: Simplifying Inspection in Manufacturing

We developed Tezzle, a tool that helps floor managers better manage the inspection of machinery and equipment. It is ideal for processes where routine testing of equipment, record keeping, regulatory reporting, and compliance are critical for business success. It runs as a web application with an Android extension.

Check out the website.

National Geographic: Ocean App

The National Geographic Society and Lindblad Expeditions jointly support an innovative program to restore marine ecology. In order to raise awareness about the importance of preserving the ocean and its habitat, they wanted an app that guests could use on cruises organized by them.

QBurst developed an iPad app called “National Geographic Ocean”. The app displays stunning high-definition videos and images of the ocean and marine life. Our services included information architecture, UI design, iOS development, and Quality Assurance.

Find Your Amazing: Online Community for Travelers

Find Your Amazing is an online community for people who enjoy traveling. The site, hosted by Tourism Authority of Thailand contains a collection of stories, photos and videos posted by visitors to Thailand from from across the world.

Thousands of users share their experiences on this Pinterest-styled website that allows people to share their stories through social media channels.

QBurst was involved in the site’s API development and database design.

Check out the Website.

Denovo Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Management App

Denovonow offers a digital engagement platform that helps customers make informed choices to lead a healthy life. They required a mobile alternative for the web tool kit used by customers.

QBurst developed a mobile solution that can be used interchangeably with the web tool kit using the same credentials.

Check out the app on Google Play and iTunes.

Post-a-Card: Mobile App for Personalized Postcards

QBurst developed an app for Singapore Post that can be used to send personalized picture-perfect postcards from a mobile phone anywhere in the world.

Users can take a picture or a selfie, choose a template, personalize and design the card, and send across a physical postcard to any place in the world. The cards are delivered by Singapore Post.

Check out the app on iTunes.

Venalogic: Athlete Analysis

Venalogic needed a tool to manage and analyze the performance of popular athletes on and off field. The tool would help understand the sentiments of fans as well as the athlete’s standing on social media.

QBurst provided Venalogic a multipart web-based solution that delivers deep insights into the social standing of professional athletes. Raw data is collected from social media channels, fed into a distributed storage system and sorted chronologically.

The processor analyzes the data collected, identifies entities mentioned, counts the number of mentions, and calculates the sentiments on the athlete. The web application fetches the processed data and displays it graphically.The application also highlights the key influencers. Content can be accessed using five kinds of accounts. A management console helps the administrator add new athletes to the ‘watch list’.

Check out the website. ...

Teacher's Pet: Swipe-and-Throw Mobile Game

Teacher’s Pet is a fun game similar to Paper Toss. In the gameplay, the player takes on the role of a backbencher, and flings objects at the teacher’s pet seated in front of the classroom.

The game includes 16 difficulty levels, a store to obtain free items and purchase new interesting throwables, and the ability to connect to Game Center. The game is built for iPhone and iPod Touch.

Soft Profiles: Web App for Universities and Schools

The application helps educational institutions manage all aspects of student recruitment and admission, and helps aspiring students track the status of their applications.

It helps partner institutes make data-driven decisions by leveraging the power of cloud computing, mobile technology, and social media to achieve recruitment goals; increase student outcomes and graduation rates; and decrease dropouts and transfer rates.

Check out the website

Rosetta Stone: Support Portal Enhancements

Rosetta Stone required a customer portal  that could serve as a self-explanatory, easily accessible, and informative support website.

QBurst carried out significant customizations to the customer portal using Force.com which resulted in enhanced user experience. Improvements in functionality helped Rosetta Stone track customer interests and put in place an efficient system that helped reduce support and operational costs.

Check out the portal.

Kever: Issue-Tracking App

Developed by QBurst, Kever is a project-tracking app that helps project managers and team members track issues on the go. The app integrates key functionalities of popular tools such as Redmine and JIRA to help expedite bug fixes and issue-tracking.

Kever was conceptualized taking into consideration the real problems faced by project managers, who are required to spend long hours at the workplace following up on issues and bugs. With Kever, project managers can keep a tab on issues even while they are away from their desks.

Check out the app on iTunes

Jarus: Mobile Applications for the Insurance Industry

QBurst developed mobile applications for insurance customers and agents

Customers use this application to get quotes on insurance schemes and submit First Notice of Loss (FNOL). Agents, on the other hand, use the application to manage the insurance details of their clients.

The application works offline and communicates with an external database using web services.

Trench Coat Bespoke: iPad App for Custom Apparel

The Trench Coat Bespoke application for iPad was developed for a popular brand of trench coats in the UK. The application allows dynamic customization of trench coats. Users can design their own trench coats by choosing from a variety of options in size, fabric, color, sleeve, and lining. QBurst created a customized grid view for the application.