Independent software testing company

QA Madness is an independent software testing company that was created by skilled pros who were (by the way, still are) totally crazy about their work and wanted to improve the quality not only of the software they test but the quality of the testing services in general.

We’re experts in website, eCommerce, mobile application and game testing. We use the best tools and processes that help to ensure the quality of any software product.

While working with our company, you will get services of highly qualified professionals working according to well-established processes. We have several offices located in Lithuania, Poland, and Ukraine.

2008
    Vilnius 09309
    Lithuania
    +3706 148 7115

Manual QA Testing for Digital Agency

"QA Madness has gone well above and beyond what we've asked of them."

Oct. 2015 - Ongoing

QA Madness was hired to support the quality assurance efforts for several previously developed solutions. The engagement remains ongoing.

Project Manager

Pros include a meticulous approach to manual testing and exceptional process documentation.

I work for a development agency with a focus on mobile apps and websites. We also handle virtual reality development.

I am a project manager in the company.

What business challenge were you trying to address with QA Madness?

As we develop solutions for our clients, we want to be able to test the quality of our apps and websites before launch.

Please describe the scope of their involvement.

We use QA Madness exclusively for testing. We have a few different scenarios. If we're developing a brand-new app, we will have QA Madness go through extensive testing on the entirety of the software from front to back. In other situations, we may be troubleshooting a particular feature, giving QA Madness a specific focus. For the most part, we've used QA Madness for manual testing. We may also assign some automated load testing to them in the future.

We are using around six testers from QA Madness. I interact directly with three of them. There are project managers in our company who interact with the others.

How did you come to work with QA Madness?

We were using QA Madness prior to my coming onboard with the company. I'm not sure what the genesis was in terms of finding them.

I don't have this information. I came on after we started working with QA Madness, and I've only seen a portion of their work.

We have been working with QA Madness for close to a year. We have an ongoing relationship.

Generally speaking, QA Madness has been very thorough. They understand how a product can be figured out intuitively. We will offer QA Madness as much direction as possible, but they tend to figure out software on their own. The results that we've gotten back from QA Madness are very easy for developers to follow. The quality we've seen from QA Madness is high.

How did QA Madness perform from a project management standpoint?

We have been using Pivotal Tracker as one of our main tools, as well as Trello for smaller projects. We do have a few projects tracked through JIRA as well.

What distinguishes QA Madness from other providers?

QA Madness has gone well above and beyond what we've asked of them. Often, if we give QA Madness a particular area of focus, they've also come back with a complete battery of tests, offering QA [quality assurance] for the entire product, which was more than what we asked for.

Is there anything QA Madness could have improved or done differently?

Nothing comes to mind. QA Madness's communication has been great, too. I was able to get a hold of QA Madness's managers and engineers quickly. Even though there's a time difference between us and them, their engineers made themselves available whenever they were needed. On the whole, we're very satisfied with QA Madness.

Developed Testing Script for Boutique IT Firm

"QA Madness' code was not brittle at all, and we didn't have a need to rewrite anything."

Jul. 2016 - Ongoing

QA Madness was hired to write custom QA scripts for a separately developed e-commerce solution. Their involvement remains ongoing.

Paul Ashcraft
President, Envision Group

Strengths include exceptional communication skills and uncompromising timeliness when it comes to critical deadlines.

We're website developers. Our specialty is creating open-source platforms which sit on top of enterprise systems. An example would be using a Drupal presentation layer as a CMS [content management system], which will tie in on the backend to Salesforce, or using Magento as an e-commerce platform, and integrating it with a SAP system.

I am the president of the company.

What challenge were you trying to address with QA Madness?

We were working on a Magento commerce project for a client in the healthcare industry, and needed to run a test script which would show us what the concurrent checkout threshold was. We were busy in the development cycle and had a tight development window.

Rather than creating test scripts ourselves, we were able to outsource the work to QA Madness. We have only engaged QA Madness on one project. QA Madness assigned around 2-3 people to our project. We only interacted through a project lead.

I gave the specifics in terms of scripts to our director of technology. QA Madness had access to our development environment in order for them to write the scripts. Our client has very tight security requirements, so we weren't able to provide access to live environments. We ran test scripts on quality assurance servers in the client's environment.

How did you come to work with QA Madness?

I found QA Madness on Google, had an initial contact, and decided to use them.

We started working with QA Madness a couple of months ago. We had a week's time to write the scripts, which is what QA Madness committed to. They met their deadlines, and everything worked as smoothly as possible.

QA Madness' code was not brittle at all, and we didn't have a need to rewrite anything. We made a few little tweaks in terms of threshold testing, after which everything was ready to go.

The test script made by QA Madness worked to our exact specifications, showing us how many concurrent transactions we could handle. We could then determine if that number was sufficient, or whether we needed to resize the servers. It was valuable information, and the delivery was on time and within budget. All in all, I had a good experience with QA Madness. I would go to them again in a heartbeat.

How did QA Madness perform from a project management standpoint?

Everything worked as it should, and our communication was fantastic. I imagined that there would be some delays because of our time zone differences, but someone at QA Madness was burning the midnight oil. I was able to email them in the morning on West Coast time and receive responses in real time.

There was no need to use project management software. We use GitHub internally, but not with QA Madness. They had access to our development server, ran the scripts, got the results, and turned the work over to us.

What did you find most impressive about QA Madness?

I was impressed with QA Madness' communication. I have done offshore work in the past with Indian, Russian, and Ukrainian companies. Their command of the English language was very good, as well as their communication skills and timeliness. Oftentimes, we ran into issues along those lines, but not with this project.

Are there any areas QA Madness could improve?

Nothing was even an hour late.
    I specifically asked to be used as a reference in the future for QA Madness.

Manual QA Testing for Consumer App Startup

"QA Madness was great, always on time, had good rapport, and were thorough. It was a breeze working with them."

QA Madness provided functional testing for the client's mobile Android and iOS apps. They supplied one resource who provided bug reports throughout multiple iterations of the product.

Director of Operations

QA Madness was consistent and provided thorough reports for the client, including videos of their findings to save time. They are very easy to work with and were always on time.

We are a startup mobile app company. We have developed an encrypted messaging app for iOS and Android.

I am the Director of Operations for the company. I've been in charge of our work with QA Madness for the last 6 months.

What challenge were you trying to address with QA Madness?

We needed assistance with testing our app.

QA Madness provided functional testing for our app. Because they're based overseas, QA Madness worked on testing while we were sleeping, which came as perfect timing, allowing us to work on the detected bugs the next day.

QA Madness received builds through HockeyApp and logged bugs using Assembla, initially. We've moved to Redmine since then. We sent iterations to QA Madness both before and after launching a new version. QA Madness provided one resource at any given time. We mostly interacted with that person through our lead QA manager.

Our QA tester was changed at one point, but QA Madness gave us a week-and-a-half notice for this, giving us enough time to prepare the new person.

How did you come to work with QA Madness?

I wasn't involved in the initial selection. I know that our company purposely looked for a partner on a different time schedule, so that the work could be done within the night, allowing us to review everything when we started our day.

How much have you invested with QA Madness?

The total cost of QA Madness' services has been around $15,000.

We've been working with QA Madness for 9 months.

We have a small QA team, so we wouldn't have been able to identify all the issues in our app without the help of QA Madness. They saved us a lot of time. QA Madness was thorough with bug reports and consistent in terms of findings. We don't have a tight focus on the general bug count, but we have noticed an improvement since working with QA Madness.

How did QA Madness perform from a project management standpoint?

QA Madness delivered their reports on time, without any issues. We collaborated exclusively through email and Assembla.

What did you find most impressive about QA Madness?

QA Madness is a very thorough and timely company. They always included videos of the issues detected, which helped us locate them.

Are there any areas QA Madness could improve?

No. QA Madness was great, always on time, had good rapport, and were thorough. It was a breeze working with them.

Manual QA Testing for Technology Provider

"I appreciated the fact that QA Madness was always responsive and worked quickly."

May 2014 - Ongoing

The engagement began with team augmentation for a small project and its successful launch led to ongoing quality assurance testing.

Greater New York City Area
Michael Bogorad
Founder & CEO at DevPocket, Inc.

QA Madness was recognized for their responsiveness, rapid turnaround time, and exceptional documentation.

We are a mobile software development company engaging in work for hire with clients in the US, Europe, Russia, Israel, and Canada. I am the Chief Executive Officer of the company.

What challenge were you trying to address with QA Madness?

We had some QA resources, but realized that we weren't 100% happy with their performance and also didn't have a full workload all of the time. There were times when they were literally doing nothing, so we thought that we could work with a company, utilizing resources as-needed.

QA Madness typically reviews our product requirements and designs, performing manual testing. In some instances, they also engage in derived test cases. We use QA Madness for regression and compatibility testing. They create test cases as formal descriptions.

Usually, we interact with a project lead from QA Madness. When there is a need for making a test, I will create a task in our tracker and explain what I need QA Madness to do. They start the process, file bugs, and close the task when it's complete. In most cases, a screenshot or video is attached to the report, explaining how to reproduce the issue. QA Madness doesn't provide suggestions for bug fixes. They don't have access to the source code and don't have the capabilities for fixes.

How did you come to work with QA Madness?

I reached a few companies, looking for one that could offer good quality at a reasonable price, ultimately finding QA Madness. I think that I received a marketing email from them initially. When the time came to find a QA company, I opened QA Madness' email and contacted them.

How much have you invested with QA Madness?

The total cost of QA Madness' services has been up to $50,000. We work on a time-and-materials basis.

We have been working with QA Madness for two and a half years. We have used them for tests on more than 10 applications.

QA Madness has good skills for writing scenarios on the basis of which an issue can be reproduced. Usually, QA Madness will not miss anything critical, which is what we want from a QA team: to be reliable, quick, and have the ability to explain issues. The documentation they provide is also terrific.

How did QA Madness perform from a project management standpoint?

There are no surprises in QA Madness' work, usually. We can estimate how long a project will take, based on previous experience. I'm very happy with QA Madness and continue to work with them.

QA Madness always kept us informed about any busy or unavailable periods, allowing our company to create a plan that will work for both parties.

What did you find most impressive about QA Madness?

I appreciated the fact that QA Madness was always responsive and worked quickly. Whenever we post a task, testing will begin the next day and be completed within a few days. It can take longer for bigger projects.

Nothing comes to mind.

QA Madness provided great services for a small cost.
    I have recommended QA Madness to friends and colleagues.