Digital Done Right

At Pyxl, we’re passionate about the web. We build digital experiences – from enterprise-class websites, mobile and web applications, to integrated and engaging communications programs. Pyxl helps customers monetize their investments in websites, web applications and other web presences by utilizing strategic, custom inbound marketing plans tailored to each customer’s needs.

We help clients meet their digital goals, whether that means driving traffic through an integrated inbound marketing and public relations campaign, encouraging online engagement via social media or increasing sales through e-commerce functionality. Pyxl builds online tools for nationwide brands seeking enterprise level support.

2008
Knoxville, TN
  • 625 S. Gay Street, Suite 310
    Knoxville , TN 37902
  • 1310 Clinton Street, Suite 217
    Nashville, TN 37203

IBM, Samsung, Medtronic, TeamHealth, Curvature, QTS, ADS Security, Akima, Access Ventures, Stanford Medical, Berkeley Haas School of Business, LiveNation, Regal Entertainment Group, PetSafe, American Cancer Society

Website Management & Design for Healthcare Software

"They work with us to get it done quickly and follow up on our requests to make sure that everything was done accurately."

Pyxl manages the website for a medical software company. Work includes template development, restructuring site navigation, server hosting, and strategic guidance on effectively combining legacy websites.

Tampa, Florida
Christine Alfano
Director of Marketing, Vyne

Pyxl needed minimal direction to produce great results. Clients and stakeholders appreciate the site’s intuitive navigation. Pyxl’s leadership is productively engaged in project management, and the team delivered quick turnarounds, even on large projects.

Vyne and its two divisions, Vyne Medical and NEA Powered by Vyne, are a medical and dental software company. We assist hospitals and dental practices in maintaining and improving their revenue cycle through the use of our software. I’m the director of marketing.

What challenge were you trying to address with Pyxl?

They manage all of our websites. We do content updates internally, but they manage our templates and servers and run that for us. The flexibility of their services is really where Pyxl has shined for our company.

We had an acquisition a few years ago, so we had to rebrand and combine our websites. We worked with Pyxl to develop new templates that would work with our existing websites for interim rebranding. Right now, we’re working on a project to combine a couple of our legacy medical websites.

Pyxl redesigned the templates and combined content by working with our teams to see what needs to stay and what needs to go. They’re doing the development work on their end and maintaining the security of our servers. They work with our IT team on server updates, patches, and different things that need to come down the pipe. We use a WordPress framework. I’m not sure on the backend what sort of server setup we have.

Working with Pyxl has been really easy. They really get it with us. We’re combining some websites, and with very minimal direction they’re giving us great ideas on what might work and what might not work in bringing content over and combining templates. They’re doing a lot of that work for us. We go through Google Spreadsheets with all the content of every page link and name. They’ve done a really deep dive on the content on the website, which has been very helpful for us to weed out old content and update new content.

How did you come to work with Pyxl?

Pyxl has worked with the medical side of our business for years. I actually came from Trace, a medical product that Vyne acquired, and they had worked with Pyxl for years. Part of that was because Pyxl is Knoxville-based: having that personalized connection with the agency and being able to sit face-to-face with their team was a big reason why we chose Pyxl.

We continued our relationship with Pyxl because of their customer service and their responsiveness to the requests that we made. We worked with other agencies on our branding and initially creating our corporate brand site; the dental side of the business had a completely different website developer. Out of those agencies, Pyxl stood above because of their service and rapid response to our requests. Their time for turning around our projects was really impressive from day one, so it was an easy decision.

The relationship has been for six or seven years as far as I know, but it could be longer quite honestly. The work is ongoing.

Prior to engaging with Pyxl, our dental website was very outdated and tough to navigate. It had been set up many years back and never changed. The templates were tough to get around without breaking something. Having Pyxl come in, it was a little bit more than a rebrand—we restructured the navigation on the website—and it worked out really well for us. We’ve heard that from internal stakeholders, as well as clients and prospects, as they navigate the site. They were also very effective in rebranding seven different sites for us within a two-month timeframe. They were really quick to get it done, and get it done well.

How did Pyxl perform from a project management standpoint?

They’ve been awesome. One of their biggest strengths is account management: our account manager gets back to us within minutes. We generally email but will do calls periodically. Their response time is one of the things that’s most impressive to me, not just on bigger projects, but when we have smaller ones that come up, too. It might be something that our IT team recommends or requests or something that we notice that just needs to change. They work with us to get it done quickly and follow up on our requests to make sure that everything was done accurately.

What did you find most impressive about Pyxl?

They’ve been really responsive. I’ve dealt with a lot of agencies from doing marketing for over 20 years, and it’s not every day you get an agency that responds to you so quickly. Their senior and ownership team are very engaged, but they’re also quick to respond, which doesn’t always happen in some agencies that I’ve dealt with. It’s really refreshing to work with a group that’s on the ball. Pyxl is agile and willing to work with us as we grow, and that has been one of the key things that I see as being a real benefit of working with them.

Are there any areas Pyxl could improve?

I even hesitate to say it because we haven’t pushed it, but I haven’t seen the depth and breadth of their creativity. That’s not a detriment to them. It’s really just that our sites haven’t lent themselves to a lot of creativity. We haven’t created templates from scratch. But that’s an area I’d like to see more from them at some point, given the opportunity. I’m sure they have a very talented creative team; we just haven’t had the opportunity to work with them in that respect.

Overall Score They are hands down the best web agency that I have had an engagement with during my career.
    They have been more than responsive to all of our requests on tight deadlines.
    They’re very affordable for the work that they do. They’re very reasonable with their pricing, and that’s impressive.
    They’re great. Everything that they deliver is complete. They remind us of things that we might have missed, and they’re on top of it.
    I have recommended and will continue to recommend Pyxl.

Website Redesign for Nonprofit

"Pyxl was hands-on during the whole process, and that made it a lot easier for us."

Dec. 2013 - Ongoing

Pyxl supports a ground-up redesign of a nonprofit fundraising organization’s website, incorporating existing nature photography and a flawless payment processing capability to attract donations.

Brent McDaniel
Director of Marketing, Friends of the Smokies

The new site boasts a much simpler UI/UX design and prompted a noticeable jump in online traffic. The developers now assist with monthly updates by continuing their timely deliverables, sharp ideas, and responsiveness.

I’m the director of marketing at Friends of the Smokies. We’re a nonprofit that raises money for the Great Smoky Mountains National Park.

What challenge were you trying to address with Pyxl?

Our website was badly out of date and needed an update.

We met with Pyxl to flesh out our ideas for a new website. We ended up doing a ground-up redesign, and we were open to anything as far as the redesign went. We didn't keep much from the old website.

We have a lot of photography of the park that’s been donated to us, so we sent that to Pyxl, and they came up with a good way to showcase that work. They put together a template of the whole website for us, and we thought their design was right on target. Then, we went through the whole development process to fill out the details on the website, making sure all the information was there.

The website is built on a WordPress platform, and we use WooCommerce for our donation payment processing. Our biggest challenge was taking donations. We’re a fundraising nonprofit, so basically all we do is raise funds; therefore, the payment process to take in donations had to be flawless. Pyxl did a good job integrating everything and making it exactly what we wanted.

How did you come to work with Pyxl?

A former employee of ours recommended Pyxl. Pyxl is based in Knoxville, and we’re just down the road in Kodak, Tennessee. We met with them and got a good feeling. They’re a young company in terms of demographics, but they have great ideas, and they’re very sharp. I think we were hooked on them after that first meeting.

How much have you invested with Pyxl?

I think we paid roughly $20,000 for the initial website plus a monthly retainer since then, as well as more for special projects along the way.

I think we began working with Pyxl in December 2013, and then we launched the site in April 2014. We’re currently working with them and keep them on a monthly retainer.

The biggest result would be ease of use. The user interface is much easier to navigate, and the website looks much better all-around. I’m not sure about the specific metrics, but the last time I looked at them, I saw a noticeable jump in traffic with the new website.

How did Pyxl perform from a project management standpoint?

Pyxl was good from a project management standpoint. Any kind of backups or delays were really on our end in terms of approving things. Pyxl was on target the whole way. They were clear about what the timelines and deadlines were going to be and what was needed for those. They were good about keeping in touch with us and trying to keep us on target.

Pyxl was hands-on during the whole process, and that made it a lot easier for us. We communicated mostly by email, although we had a lot of phone calls. At milestone check-ins, we would go to their office and meet with them in person. I think we had one project manager, two developers, and two designers for the first big project. Some of those positions have shuffled around since then, depending on what we’re asking them to do, but we’re usually working with four or five of their team members.

What did you find most impressive about Pyxl?

I couldn't really compare Pyxl to anybody because we don't have experience working with another firm like theirs, but I think the best thing about them is how responsive they’ve been. We’ve had a couple of major challenges come up—some time-sensitive and emergency projects—and Pyxl has been responsive the whole time. We can email or call them on nights and weekends, and if they don't answer right away, we’ll hear from them early the next day. All of the work they do is top-notch. I was pleased with it. We still get compliments on the new site two years later.

Are there any areas Pyxl could improve?

Something we experienced that’s not really a problem anymore was Pyxl’s turnover in the account management position. I think our account manager changed two or three times in the middle of our relationship. During some of that shuffling, we weren’t sure who our account manager was. I would reach out to the last email address I had, and they would say, “Oh, that person’s not with us anymore.”

Overall Score I’ve been pleased the whole way with Pyxl.
    There have been few, if any, slipups in terms of scheduling or deadlines, but most of those have been on our end. There were minor things here and there and a few delays in the process, but Pyxl has been very good overall.
    When we shopped around, Pyxl was on the more expensive end for our market in Knoxville, but I think the value has been stellar. They’ve been worth every penny that we’ve paid them.
    Pyxl’s quality of work was everything we asked for, and some aspects of the site were above and beyond what we hoped for.
    We’ve been a reference for Pyxl pretty much since we started working together because we’ve been so pleased with them. I’ve referred a couple of other organizations to them. They do a good job.

Magento Dev for Handbag Retailer

"They had the resources to handle an operation our size, which was great."

July - Nov. 2015

Pyxl overhauled an e-commerce website to support increased business while preserving the brand’s aesthetic. After completing the rebuild and redesign, the team periodically assists with the growing site.

Derek Trimble
Senior Graphic Designer, Patricia Nash Designs

The relaunched website has doubled in traffic volume, boosting revenue and ongoing interest in new products. Pyxl’s broad resource pool, prompt responsiveness, and seamless project management met all expectations.

I’m the senior graphic designer for Patricia Nash Designs, a women’s handbag and accessories brand. We’re a national company that does business with all the major clothing retailers around the country.

What challenge were you trying to address with Pyxl?

The website that we initially built was more brand-based and didn’t have a whole lot of e-commerce function. We did have a basic Magento e-commerce site originally built, but once it turned into a healthy part of our business, we needed to upgrade and put more robust things into the backend of that website.

We had made an inbound marketing platform and a WordPress-driven content management system. We made upgrades to Magento reporting, Google Analytics retargeting, and e-newsletters. It was a complete overhaul.

We have a specific vision and aesthetic for our brand. It’s my job to manage the way things look, feel, and work for our customers. I’m one person, so we needed a good team of local developers who we could work to provide not only a big enough team to help us address the concerns and issues we were having, but also the capabilities. Even though Magento is one of the biggest e-commerce platforms on the planet, it’s not something that every developer is great with. Especially in eastern Tennessee, it’s difficult to find somebody with that skillset.

We spent a lot of time looking at competitors’ websites. We had a laundry list of things. Pyxl did a good job in helping us distill that list to the things that we needed the most to keep things within a budget while maximizing the dollars we’re spending on the things that would make a difference. We could have added all the bells and whistles into the backend of this website, but they gave us the top 15–20 things that we should hone in on if we’re going to have a website that drives sales without losing the message of the brand, which is also extremely important.

How did you come to work with Pyxl?

We shopped around in and out of town, even with the people that had originally built our previous website. It was a healthy request for services that we put out there. At the end of the day, Pyxl hit all the right notes. They tuned in to what we were looking for pretty quickly and gave a killer presentation.

How much have you invested with Pyxl?

Out of the door, it was $65,000. That’s not including strategy or other add-ons.

We started June or July of 2015. Pyxl’s first instructional email to me was in August 2015, and the site launched in November 2015. However, no website ever is completely rolled out and finished. Technology changes so fast now, and we also respond to things that we need internally as we start to grow. I just wrapped up another project with Pyxl to install a bunch of retargeting code into the site. The rebuild and redesign are complete, but the site’s still growing, and we still lean on them for services.

We get a lot of positive feedback. The end-users seem to be really happy with it. We get visits from people repeatedly, not even necessarily to shop but to see what’s new and fresh.

We have a website that has absolutely doubled in volume. I’m not going to get into metrics and specifics, but it’s making a lot of money and doing really well.

Pyxl brought their talents to the table. They’ve got offices in different locations, so they’ve got a wide knowledge base that they can lean on if they need to. They had the resources to handle an operation our size, which was great.

How did Pyxl perform from a project management standpoint?

They’re great and extremely responsive. They have a team of people that I am familiar enough with at this point where I can have them start small projects, and I don’t even feel like I have to manage it. They do a very good job of responding to the needs of a project promptly, executing things on reasonable deadlines, and meeting all the milestones in the project to my expectations.

What did you find most impressive about Pyxl?

They’re a really good group of happy people who clearly enjoy what they do. They have a fantastic work environment, and it shows. They care about what they do and about their clients. I don’t ever feel like I’m being ignored.

As far as the technological scope, when it comes to Magento, especially for an agency their size, they’ve done a good job with it. It’s difficult to find an agency based in the US that’s responsive and understands how to make a site do what it’s supposed to do. I think they’re just fantastic.

Are there any areas Pyxl could improve?

It’s hard to find a complaint. They make the whole process seamless, down to the way they send over proposals in an easy, clear, digitally signable way. It’s nice. I don’t have any issues at all.

They hit the deadlines.
    For the price, it’s probably the best website for the dollar that I could’ve imagined.
    Everybody’s got room to improve on the delivery scope of things, but they hit it pretty well. To me, that’s a high rating.
    I do it all the time.

Wordpress Dev & Video Production for Security Company

"They’re very professional and friendly."

Mar. 2016 - Ongoing

Pyxl was hired to develop a Wordpress website and to produce a video.

VP of Marketing, Security Company

The client felt that both of the products were high-quality and have seen their organic traffic increase as a result. They have additionally received feedback from customers that they like the finished product. The client really appreciated how clear and timely Pyxl was.

My company is an IT security company that’s focused on helping organizations protect themselves from insider threats and breaches. We use user behavior to monitor anomalies that are happening in the network. We automatically respond when we see something suspicious. I am Vice President of Marketing.

What challenge were you trying to address with Pyxl?

We were just launching the company and I needed a new website developed. We also needed to produce an animated explainer video.

Initially, I told them we were using HubSpot as an automation platform. We wanted to have a solution that could work with HubSpot but without necessarily tying the infrastructure to the HubSpot platform. We built that out on WordPress so that we could change it later if we wanted to. We talked about our brand strategy and what features were important to us on our website.

For the animated video, I wrote the script and they wrote the storyboard from the script. Pyxl came up with different design concepts to match our website. They did some collateral templates and another animated image for the website. It was a very simple process and there were very few things that needed to be fixed.

How did you come to work with Pyxl?

A friend of mine recommended them. I talked with different agencies and had even worked with a couple. The agency I originally wanted to work with couldn’t get the project done in time so I was looking for someone else. When I looked at Pyxl’s work, I was impressed with what they’ve done. They were very organized and understood what I needed. They were very clear with what both sides needed to do in order to meet the tight deadline. When I compared their service and capabilities to other agencies I looked at, I felt they would be able to help us develop a strong-looking brand. We wanted a really clean, professional look on the site. That way, when our customers use our site, they could be confident that we know our industry.

How much have you invested with Pyxl?

We’ve spent $50,000 to $200,000 on their services.

We are currently working with them.

Both of the projects were high-quality products. We’ve only had the site launched since June, but our traffic has grown month after month. Our organic traffic is improving. I’ve gotten feedback from customers and partners that they like the website. We have not had any issues with site failure or anything else.

How did Pyxl perform from a project management standpoint?

They were very clear about what we needed to do to meet the deadline; Pyxl kept me on track. I was late at times and they would make up that time to keep on schedule.

What did you find most impressive about Pyxl?

They’re very professional and friendly. I don’t get a sense that their team has a lot of ego. They wanted us to be happy with the final outcome and when we wanted changes, they found a way to fix them. They’re not the cheapest, but they deliver quality.

Are there any areas Pyxl could improve?

If they were more affordable, I could do more projects with them. One thing they don’t do is build a storyboard for PowerPoint.

They’re very focused on deadlines. They do a good job of managing their internal resources and setting expectations with clients.
    They’re not the cheapest option, but they provide quality.
    They delivered a great website with no real technical issues. They do quality work.

Web Development for Skincare Company

"We view them [Pyxl] more as a partner than a vendor. They’re willing to work with us."

Pyxl was hired to do frontend development and integrate the site with the client's partners.

Phoenix, Arizona
VP Commercial Operations, Medical Device Company

The client has only received positive feedback on Pyxl's work. That feedback is coming from both their clients and their Chief Executive Officer. Throughout the whole process, Pyxl was always willing to collaborate and keep an open line of communication available to the client.

I work for a skincare company. Our products are only sold through dermatologists, plastic surgeons, and other types of licensed medical doctors. I am the Vice President of Commercial Operations.

What challenge were you trying to address with Pyxl?

I had spoken with them in the past for a different part of our business that we built a website for. For this project, we went with them to do the frontend development of the website but it became a lot more than that. It wasn’t just a website. The website integrated with our ERP [enterprise resource planning] system NetSuite, our 3PL, the connector that we have there, and also a connection to Salesforce.com. So not only did they build the frontend, but they also facilitated in a lot of ways the integration with all these partners.

It was a mixed bag. We knew we needed help integrating with some of our partners. Then we needed them to develop the frontend design. They were right on point with what they did with their frontend work. From that standpoint, they were fantastic.

We built this system that should’ve probably taken no less than a year because of the complexity of it. We did it in a matter of four or five months, from the agreement phase to launching it. They were an integral part of it. Their developers hadn’t used NetSuite in the past and they literally went above and beyond to learn the system and integrate with it. They spent countless hours with us as we were developing and integrating and having the system go live to make sure that everything was functioning properly and learn along with us to make this thing hit the target date.

How did you come to work with Pyxl?

For this project, I looked at 15 other companies, from big names to ones not based in the US. We did all sorts of things to make sure we had the team we wanted. There was no doubt in my mind to go with Pyxl. Nicole Denton does a great job with her team. They were willing to do anything and everything at all times. That part was important to us, knowing that we had a short time frame and a complex project. That was very appealing and it seemed to work for our business.

How much have you invested with Pyxl?

We have spent over $200,000.

The site went live, but we’re keeping them on for any future development involving changes, fixes, and other things. They’re staying on a retainer with us. I don’t think there’s any reason we would part with them because they’ve been such a valuable asset to us. I spoke to Nicole in November of last year on the preliminary. I think we signed in late January/early February.

The feedback from our reps is that it’s different from anything else in the industry in regards to the look and feel of it. When it comes to the whole system, it’s first in its class and it’s first in the industry. No one has ever done this. We’ve gotten nothing but positive feedback from consumers to our Chief Executive Officer, and everyone who has looked at it. It did exactly what we wanted it to do.

How did Pyxl perform from a project management standpoint?

It’s excellent. We view them [Pyxl] more as a partner than a vendor. They’re willing to work with us. I've done a lot of these types of projects, and you sail it over the fence and sometimes it takes a while (for a response) and the communication (is just) not there. It’s the exact opposite with Pyxl. They’re there anytime, quick to respond, and quick to get things done. If they don’t know it, they’re willing to learn it.

What did you find most impressive about Pyxl?

This is my fifth website that I’ve developed in the past four years. Hands down, by far the best experience I’ve ever had.

Are there any areas Pyxl could improve?

No. Going back to my history of having done these things, it far exceeds my expectations of how they performed.

This is a compressed time frame with a very complex system. They stepped up and we got it done and launched on time. There was no delay.
    The cost definitely correlates to the amount of work they did. The timing and everything were right on point.
    Starting from the beginning, they were right on point.
    I would use them again. I would refer them. I would give them every endorsement. It’s probably been the best experience I’ve ever had having developed a few of these things.

Content Marketing for Healthcare Staffing Agency

"[Pyxl's] turnaround time has been impeccable on the items we've asked them to perform."

Pyxl has been assisting the client with recruitment and content marketing, such as pay-per-click and social media, for approximately three years. They provide and distribute content, and have completed a rebranding campaign.

Director of Digital Marketing, Healthcare Staffing Agency

Pyxl's online work has produced an increase in followers of social content and leads from clinician engagement. It has also generated more click-throughs on job postings.

We are a national healthcare company. We are a contract management group, which means that we staff departments of hospitals or other healthcare facilities all across the nation in multi-specialties. I am the Digital Marketing Director.

What challenge were you trying to address with Pyxl?

We first initiated them for the recruitment marketing side. There’s a great shortage of physicians which is our main source of business. We needed to have extra hands on deck to help us with some of our content marketing in regards to attracting and recruiting clinicians across the US. They have engaged with us in the sense of creating some pieces that we can share with potential recruits. They’ve also put a vested interest in our digital presence whether that’s pay-per-click, social media, or other conduits that go along with the marketing campaign.

They created content for our site, worked on social media, and more traditional elements. We have a niche audience. We’ll do a feature on a hospital and interview a clinician that works there to talk about what they do. They’ve shared that across our social and digital platforms. They’ve also engaged with us from a branding perspective. We went through a rebranding within the last year. We worked with a different agency to initiate that, but Pyxl wrapped it up. We’ve done print ads, trade shows, collateral, etc. Pyxl also took all that and put it on our website and social media.

When we do the interviews with the clinicians, we identify the physician and then introduce them to Pyxl. From there, they handle the execution of scheduling, doing the interview and then putting that into a collateral piece for us to approve. There have also been times we’ve engaged with them and told them what we want, give them the content, and they execute it.

We have someone on our team that is dedicated to social media. He works on identifying content on a day to day basis in the sense of creating a content calendar which we share with Pyxl. We engage with Pyxl from a more sponsored piece for the ad buys.

How did you come to work with Pyxl?

I moved into this position four years ago and was partnered with an agency that’s local to Knoxville. I was frustrated with the experience that I was getting and the cost. I felt like I was a B2C [business-to-custmer] client of theirs. I knew I needed to change. I have a lot of colleagues from other agencies and I started engaging with larger agencies across the nation on the east coast. I was at a local event and started talking to someone with Pyxl, and it became a courtship. I was very open and honest about the complexities of our team – which they were open to. I never felt like I was being sold on something. With other agencies, I always got asked to buy more. They’ve never done that. There’s an honest relationship there. From a cost perspective, they have been very relatable, if not lower, and have worked with us to really make sure that what we’re getting out of our budget is the best thing for our buck.

How much have you invested with Pyxl?

There are some things we do on a monthly retainer. Other things are on a project basis. I appreciate that about them. They understand the budget issues we have. Some are under $10,000. Others are over $100,000.

It’s been two or three years, and it’s ongoing.

We went through updating our website and they weren’t engaged with that project, but they’re stepping back in to help us with ongoing maintenance. They’ve been more engaged on social media. We have seen a dramatic increase in followers to our social channels across the board. We’ve seen more leads from a clinician engagement standpoint from our social spend. We are seeing more click-throughs on those jobs that we need to fill that are posted on social media.

How did Pyxl perform from a project management standpoint?

One of the sister companies that is engaging with them said it’s the quickest agency they’ve worked with. Their turnaround time has been impeccable on the items we’ve asked them to perform. They’ve never dropped the ball. I feel their project management skills are above and beyond what we’ve gotten from other vendors. Some of the other vendors have been very large.

What did you find most impressive about Pyxl?

They’re very open and honest. We feel good after meeting with them about a project. We’ve seen tangible results, so we’re hoping we can solidify that with showing some hires.

Are there any areas Pyxl could improve?

We have more work to give them. Because they’re smaller, I’m hoping our projects stay online and the turnaround time is still being met. They know my concerns. I haven’t had a lot of bad interactions with them. We engaged with them last year for our annual holiday give campaign. It didn’t go as well as previous years. We talked it over and learned lessons. Even though the metrics weren’t met, there was never a negative feeling about it.

Digital Advertising for Specialty Pharmacy

"They find novel solutions to challenges that we've had for an extended period of time."

Pyxl was hired on a monthly retainer as a certified HubSpot partner to coordinate reporting and facilitate integration between AdWords and LinkedIn. They also assist the client with additional SEM and digital advertising.

Scottsdale, Arizona
VP, Marketing at Pharmacy

Pyxl optimizes the client's advertising budget to reach the best targets and the best conversion ratios. They provide excellent project management, and are consistently detail-oriented with due dates and specifications.

The company I work for is a large pharmacy.

I serve as the vice president of marketing.

What business challenge were you trying to address with Pyxl?

We needed ongoing support for paid SEM [search engine marketing] and digital advertising. Additionally, we were looking for a certified HubSpot partner that could help us out with integration into our marketing automation tool.

We use them on a retainer basis for items that come up within HubSpot. They help us with landing page support, deeper integration between AdWords or LinkedIn advertising, and help coordinate that within HubSpot for reporting.

How did you come to work with Pyxl?

We only choose to work with partners that are already existing partners within the HubSpot ecosystem. That is the biggest criteria when choosing someone to work with. They offered us a local, young, and sharp team that understands the business. They work quick and ultimately seemed like the best fit. Because they are a national agency, they have a team outside their local team to help with overflow work.

Roughly $10,000 a month for at least the last year [since 2015].

We are currently working with them on a monthly retainer.

They find novel solutions to challenges that we've had for an extended period of time, which is great. They also understand our advertising spend, so they optimize that to ensure the best targets and the best conversion ratios.

How did Pyxl perform from a project management standpoint?

They're strong with project management. Having them in town helps so if we need to we can just jump in a room and work through challenges. They work within Basecamp, which is our tool of choice.

What distinguishes Pyxl from other providers?

Pyxl is detail-oriented around due dates, specs, and they've got a process that is ironed out for the development and release of all their digital campaigns.

Is there anything Pyxl could have improved or done differently?

No – not that I can think of. I'm quite satisfied with them.

They work well within our project management tool. They're transparent on their timelines and the status of all the incremental project deadlines. To my knowledge, they haven't missed on anything. In fact, they're often early.
    As a full-service agency, they are very fair on pricing.
    Their creative work is particularly strong and second to none.

Web Design for Pharmaceutical Company

"[Pyxl] has been good about generating creative ideas to reach out to our target audience."

Pyxl was initially hired for web design and development of the client's sites. They have since completed other projects, such as signage and presentation templates.

Phoenix, Arizona
Senior Marketing Manager, Pharmaceutical Company

The sites have received positive feedback and an increase in traffic. Pyxl has been exceptionally responsive and proactive, for both overall project management and last-minute projects.

Our organization manufactures and markets pharmaceutical products specifically for cancer patients. We have one product that is for cancer pain.

My title is senior marketing manager.

What business challenge were you trying to address with Pyxl?

I was not involved with our initial work with Pyxl, but we had brought them on primarily for web design work. We needed websites. We needed something that would be done inexpensively, but that would also be able to provide us very good value, as well as a quick turnaround time.

Please describe the scope of their involvement.

We use them to do a lot of web design and development work but also for some other smaller projects, such as signage for meetings and helping us out with templates for presentations.

How did you come to work with Pyxl?

I wasn't here when we first started working with them. However, we wanted somebody that was local. Somebody here had either heard of them, so we sent out a request for a project bid, and they came through.

The cost was in the $50,000 to $200,000 range. We've also had numerous projects that were less than $10,000 and a few a bit more than that amount.

We are currently working with them.

Could you share any statistics, metrics, or other feedback from your work with Pyxl?

I don't have any hard and fast figures on this. Our website has seen increased use. Comments and compliments on our websites have been very positive, particularly for things like signage and responsiveness, and our own internal metrics have all been extremely positive. The way Pyxl works with us has been very responsive.

How did Pyxl perform from a project management standpoint?

Pyxl's project management was very good. They understand what the timelines are, and they've been very quick to respond. They've been very proactive in contacting me, in seeing what I need. If there are any issues that come up in our meetings, they're not only responsive to those issues, but they also come up with possible solutions to those challenges.

What distinguishes Pyxl from other providers?

We have been turning to Pyxl for their creativity and campaign development. They have been extremely responsive with those last-minute projects.

Is there anything Pyxl could have improved or done differently?

There is always room for improvement. That being said, they have done a very good job. They're very good with designing websites and have great creative input. Pyxl has been good about generating creative ideas to reach out to our target audience, and they always keep us apprised of some of the newer technologies that we might want to employ.

Digital Marketing Campaign for Maryville College

"I love collaborating with [Pyxl]."

Pyxl has helped to create two microsites for the client as well as general lead generation and search engine optimization.

Becky Davis
Assistant Director of Communications, Maryville College

Pyxl’s work has led to the generation of over 500 new leads in a single month and two of the client’s programs ranking as the number one keyword on separate occasions. The client appreciates Pyxl’s responsiveness, innovation, and constant desire to evolve and improve.

We are Maryville College. It's a four-year private, liberal arts, church-related college.

I'm assistant director of admissions communications. I work with prospective students and families as well as work with our communications and marketing and admissions departments on producing publications and electronic newsletters to market the college.

What business challenge were you trying to address with Pyxl?

When we first approached Pyxl a few years ago – we needed additional resources and help in reaching prospective students nationwide. We needed to get Maryville College's name and brand out there.

Initially Pyxl helped create a microsite for the college called "Go Maryville" and that assisted us with getting us new prospective students from throughout the United States. When I took on this role, the "Go Maryville" microsite was targeted toward prospective seniors – those rising seniors in high school. They've assisted us not only in creating two microsites, but they've assisted us in writing blogs. They interviewed several of our students and some of our staff members to create various blogs and articles. They also manage our admissions Twitter account and they assist us in trying to get certain key words out there and target the U.S. search engines. Currently, we're trying to have them create email templates for us so we have a standard look across the college.

How did you come to work with Pyxl?

Our vice president reached out to several vendors to get proposals. I assisted with this search at that time. We went with Pyxl – number one, because they're a local digital marketing company – and two, their president, Josh Phillips, is a Maryville College graduate so he already had that foundation and knowledge of Maryville College and what sets us apart from other higher education institutions.

We've worked closely with Pyxl since then, and they've enjoyed our partnership so much so that they've asked some of our students to intern with them. I know it's a blessing to me because if I have a question I can email or call them and it's almost like 24/7 service. They get right back to me. We have monthly meetings. They drive to campus or we go out to their headquarters.

Within their monthly reports, I can see how many new leads that they send our way, this past month it was 559 new leads to our database. Those are 559 prospective students that we may not have reached, but Pyxl was able to. Also, they get keywords out there for us like My College Path, which was a microsite. In May [2015], it ranked as the number one keyword. Our study abroad program, too, has been the number one keyword.

What distinguishes Pyxl from other providers?

I love collaborating with them. They're young, energetic, and constantly evolving. The staff at Pyxl is outstanding at being in the know of what's up to date. If I have a question, I can email them right now and within the hour, I have the answer or a phone call. They're just a pleasure. I view them as not only a business partner or vendor but also some close personal friends.

Is there anything Pyxl could have improved or done differently?

No. They're always brainstorming. They're always coming to me with ideas. They're constantly challenging us.

Website Redesign & Content Update for Rehabilitation Provider

"[Pyxl] were very friendly and easy to talk to."

Pyxl redesigned the client’s website and has since partnered with them on two other software and web-based development projects.

Tennessee
Creative Coordinator, Rehabilitation Provider

Pyxl’s strong project management and communication have led to a close partnership with the client, who notes seeing a number of contact forms coming in through the new website already, something they had never seen with the old website.

We are a national contract rehabilitation provider, providing therapy services to the long-term care industry.

What is your position and responsibilities?

I am the creative development coordinator. I help with sales marketing, marketing for the company in general, website, Internet, and any kind of digital media projects.

What business challenge were you trying to address with Pyxl?

At the point of bringing on Pyxl, our website was outdated. The content needed to be reworked completely. In a nutshell, we needed a good facelift at a reasonable cost.

How did you come to work with Pyxl?

We did consider other companies. I was in charge of meeting with the companies. We wanted to keep it local because we like to have that face-to-face mentality versus trying to deal with people via email or on the phone. I Googled a bunch of different web design, digital marketing companies in the Knoxville area, and met with many of them.

At the time I met with Pyxl, it just seemed that they were on their game. They presented everything in a well-ordered fashion. They were very friendly and easy to talk to. They weren't pushy by any means. They just said, "We're here to help you. If we can, great. If not, if we're not quite a fit, we understand." To me, it was just a very good experience, compared to some of the other vendors in the area.

Right now, we've probably invested $50,000 to $200,000 in total, with all projects combined.

The partnership is growing from where we originally started. We have Pyxl on retainer now, and we're working with them on two other software and web-based development projects. We're definitely still using Pyxl, and we're still happy. We're excited to see where the future's going to take us. We could use them for a lot more but, for right now, they're definitely meeting our needs.

Since I've been with the company, I never saw any feedback or contact forms submitted through the old version of our website. Now that we've launched the updated website, we've seen a number of incoming contact forms coming through asking about rehabilitation and therapy positions, and there's even a few asking about our services and scheduling face-to-face meetings. In my eyes, it's definitely positive feedback related to Pyxl's work.

How did Pyxl perform from a project management standpoint?

The project manager that I deal with directly is great about communicating to the rest of his team about our needs. If there needs to be any clarification, we can schedule a quick face-to-face or a phone call. I think I like that the best, the communication that they offer.

What distinguishes Pyxl from other providers?

When we first sat down with Pyxl, we explained what we were looking for. While they gave us the option of starting from scratch, they also presented the option of taking our current CMS [content management system] and giving it a facelift. On the front end, it looks completely different, but on the back-end, it's similar to what we were used to with a little bit more customization. That's exactly what we were looking for.

Is there anything Pyxl could have improved or done differently?

I guess if I were to nit-pick, sometimes the timeline was pushed back. At the same time, things on our end needed to be approved. We were dragging our legs on items, so maybe if we would have met the deadlines that were presented to us by them, we probably could have gotten projects pushed out a little sooner. I think it was on both ends.