Product & Service Design via UCD, Empathy, & Magic

Ptype is a full service UX and Product Design Agency.

We design and improve products and services through research and prototyping.

We solve problems using empathy, magic and user-centered design thinking. We architect everything that touches your customer or your customer can touch.

Remarkable designs. Passionate UX experts.

Our realistic, clickable, interactive, medium and high fidelity Axure prototypes will allow you to see ideas spring to life. We use these to brainstorm, iterate design, share with stakeholders, and test on users.

We are available worldwide to agencies, startups, and companies of all sizes and locations for short-term and long-term UX projects.

Ptype also offers UX and Axure training at all levels. We are one of the few Axure-recommended trainers on the planet.

"The agency you hired... hired us."

Locations: We have an American corporate headquartered in Arizona and an Italian SRL headquartered on the island of Sardinia.

San Francisco, CA

Clients have included Sephora, Kohl's, Oracle, Bank Of The West, Wells Fargo, Intuit, FiServ, Sony, RSA, Federal Reserve Bank of SF, Macy's, American Airlines, Newport News Shipbuilding, Sun Life Financial, Service Canada, CBC Montreal, Anaplan, Razorfish, and Traction (SF agency).

Website Development for Artisan Skincare Company

"What stood apart from me was their experience, maturity, and communication style.”

Jan. - May 2019

Ptype UX & Product Design Agency developed a new website for an online skincare company. To remain on brand and meet a niche audience, they explored several design options before finalizing the site.

Raleigh, North Carolina
Jennifer Devlin Waller
Founder & CEO, Celtic Complexion

The new site went through an impressive visual overhaul with various elements to help distinguish it from competing sites. Ptype UX & Product Design Agency was communicative throughout, clearly articulating the reasoning behind their choices and suggesting alternative solutions where necessary.

We are a luxury artisan skin care company based in Raleigh, North Carolina. Since we don’t have a brick and mortar store, we operate our company digitally. I am the founder and CEO.

For what projects/services did your company hire Ptype UX & Product Design Agency?

I knew we needed a new website, but I was looking for a company that could take the lead as far as showing us options of what would work best for our customer experience. Instead of working with a vendor that would say they could build anything, I wanted a partner whom I could trust with our site to explain the “why’s.”

Our goal was to increase our website retention and sales and also make the site on brand with our niche.

I was on a mastermind conference call, was very frustrated with my website, and didn’t know where to turn to for honest advice. There are so many website designers out there to choose from.

One of the mastermind members had recently had her website redesigned from Ptype UX & Product Design Agency and raved about them, so I gave them a call. Within a few days, I was on a Skype call with the owner, and she explained everything to me in plain English (I’m not a tech person at all). Her confidence and expertise made it easy to make the decision to hire them.

They redesigned our existing website from the ground up. We have a niche brand that caters to a specific audience, so the designer really gave us beautiful design elements to separate us from the crowd.

Our project team consisted of a project manager, a designer, and a developer. Once the design was approved, we mainly dealt with the developer.

Imagine you've been driving Fred Flinstone's car. It's not fancy, but it gets you where you need to go. Is it embarrassing to pull up in? Yes. Now imagine you got Marty Mcfly's Delorean. Do you think it would impress people when you showed up driving that? Yes, it would.

That's exactly the reaction we wanted, and it's exactly the reaction we received. Being non-technical, I just wanted our customers to be wowed with the entire experience, which would ultimately make them return more often and recommend us to their friends. I feel more confident now to reach out to collaborators knowing our website is worthy of our products.

We were on opposite sides of the globe, but that actually was a benefit because there was progress happening while we slept. The team was extremely easy to work with, and every detail was attended to in a very timely manner. No request was deemed too small or too big to handle. We used the company's own messaging board to communicate with each other, which made it easy to follow conversations.

As a small company, I was a bit concerned they wouldn't take us as seriously as a Fortune 500 company (which has happened in the past). But they made us feel right at home. What stood apart for me was their experience, maturity, and communication style.

I never thought I would say this about a website relaunch, but the entire experience was fun, and I actually learned a lot from the process. I appreciated being told why they were doing things a certain way.

Sometimes people are afraid to say no to CEOs, or won’t tell you that your idea isn't the best. But they took the time to explain why some of my ideas wouldn't work with the new site and made alternative suggestions. That, to me, says they have enough experience to know what does and doesn't work.

No, nothing they could have done differently would have improved my experience.

Overall Score I only wish all my vendors were this easy to work with!
    They worked within our budget and gave me options for saving some money. In the end, handing everything off to them was a relief and saved me time.
    The quality of the work is superior. This is a team that works together and communicates well, and the end result showed that.
    I want to pay it forward to another entrepreneur to show that this experience can be a good one.

UX Design & Training for Large Software Company

“Their training was excellent. I was able to apply of a lot of what they taught.”

n/a

2015 - 2017

Ptype trained a UX team on how to use Axure, allowing them to wireframe and communicate within the tool. They led numerous sessions that were 2­–3 hours long. Ptype is currently building a component library.

UX Designer, Large Software Company

Ptype was patient and understanding, repeating any instructions or explanations until Axure made sense. Their communication was clear and direct, making the training sessions much easier to follow. They accommodated to diverse schedules, redoing training sessions if needed.

I work in the marketing division of a large technology company. I bring UX to their marketing and focus on the public presence of their website.

What challenge were you trying to address with Ptype UX & Product Design Agency?

We needed a tool to do wireframing and to communicate requirements that could be used across our team. We wanted to get everybody within the immediate UX team on the same platform.

Ptype trained 3–4 of us on Axure along with 4–5 people from a consulting company we work with. They did this twice because of changes made to Axure and some of our team wasn’t available the first time. There were eight training sessions, each 2­–3 hours long. Ptype wanted to make sure we really understood the tool and knew how it operated.

After the training, Ptype began to create a component library and move our workflow into a smoother process.

How did you come to work with Ptype UX & Product Design Agency?

I wasn’t part of the selection process.

We worked together from 2015–2017.

Their training was excellent. I was able to apply of a lot of what they taught.

How did Ptype UX & Product Design Agency perform from a project management standpoint?

They had no issues with project management—our side had the problem. Ptype was flexible and patient, though.

Ptype was willing to reanswer as many questions as we had, which we appreciated. They explained Axure well and walked us through its components until we understood. They even stayed with us until we had our own program up and running.

• N/A Cost
    I don’t know the cost.

Prototype UX Design for Financial Institution

“We had quite a few requirements, and Ptype knew what they were doing and exactly what we needed.”

n/a

Oct. 2015 - Aug. 2016

Ptype built a web app prototype from an existing design. The product consisted of various features and needed to be finished quickly.

California
UX Designer, Financial Institution

Ptype was responsive and communicative, willing to have in-person and virtual meetings when needed. The team is professional and friendly, making them a great firm to work with and rely on. They delivered on time and exactly what was requested.

I’m a senior lead user interaction designer at a financial institution.

We needed someone to build a quick and complex prototype with Axure. We didn’t have enough resources to do it ourselves.

Ptype built a prototype for a new feature that we were creating for a service and portal. It was a web application like an authenticated space. I had the design done, and they built the designs into a prototype.

There was one designer who worked both remotely and in-person.

How did you come to work with Ptype UX & Product Design Agency?

Ptype was highly recommended by a few members of our team who had previously worked with them. We needed someone knowledgeable and able to build quickly.

We worked together from October 2015–August 2016.

We had quite a few requirements, and Ptype knew what they were doing and exactly what we needed. If I ever have to use them again, I would.

We met a few times in-person, so I could walk them through everything. We also talked over the phone and in virtual meetings. We never had communication issues. I sometimes reached out to them after hours, and they responded quickly. They delivered everything I asked for on time.

They’re professional and easy to work with. There was no conflict.

I don’t have anything negative to say about them. They’re great to work with.

They never missed any deadlines.
  • N/A Cost
    I don’t know what the cost was.
    I would definitely recommend them.

UX Redesign for Skin Care Company

"I couldn’t ask for anything better."

Feb. - Apr. 2018

Ptype UX & Product Design Agency manages a comprehensive UX redesign for a natural skin care website, incorporating customer-focused navigation and compelling visuals to boost sales.

Farmingdale, New York
Roberta Perry
President, ScrubzBody Skin Care Products

Initial tweaks to the website have already made a positive difference in the shopping flow. Ptype UX & Product Design Agency’s organized task management, competitive pricing, and helpful guidance continue to drive profitable results.

I am the president of ScrubzBody Skin Care Products. We make and sell natural skin care products (wholesale and retail) online and at our location in Farmingdale, NY.

My website had been totally underperforming, despite everyone telling me how "pretty" it was. I’d read a few articles about incorporating UX design instead of just using a new theme or new website designer. As a result, I wanted to rely less on beauty and more on efficiency and ease of use.

I needed to create a different UX for my customers as they navigate our products and offerings. By implementing better visuals and a more concise shopping flow, I’m hoping to reduce friction for customers between landing on my site and making a purchase.

I met Debbie (UX Designer & Strategist, Ptype UX & Product Design Agency) in my business group. I was immediately drawn to her knowledge of UX and how much she was willing to share with all of us. Soon, I realized she’d be the perfect resource for improving my website.

Ptype is improving my site’s information architecture (IA) with a better structure, redesigned UX, and stronger business ideas. I can't wait to see the finished product.

I communicate primarily with Debbie, but the other members of the design and structure team are always included when necessary. I love being able to perform some of the work to keep my budget in check.

We will be launching the finished website really soon, but even the small differences that have already been completed are incredible.

They’re completely transparent. We use a Teamwork projects forum to list all of the tasks, record our email correspondence, and keep a file log.

They’re smart, efficient, and easy to work with, plus they deliver great results. I couldn’t ask for anything better.

I can’t think of any issues.

The communication has been excellent.
    They're priced within the expected range.
    I've been happy with everything to date.
    I'll recommend them again and again.