We craft purposeful, passionate brands.

We craft purposeful, passionate brands. We're an intentionally small team with full-service capabilities. We focus on people and are committed to our clients reaching their goals. We specialize in brand and marketing strategy, logo design and visual identity, website design/development, print, and packaging design.

Learn more about our company culture, what we do, and why we do it via our Playbook here: https://proofbranding.com/playbook/

Democracy Prep Charter School

Democracy Prep Public Schools is a network of open-enrollment, high-performing, public charter schools operating in New York City, Camden, NJ, The District of Columbia, and Baton Rouge. We have partnered with Democracy Prep on several initiatives, from development of core brand standards and messaging during the school network’s rapid growth, to our most recent work on the redesign and development of the Democracy Prep website. As the school network has grown, so has the need to build and maintain a brand that clearly and confidently reflects their mission and unique approach to educating scholars.

KIPP: Nashville

As a national network of high-performing charter schools, KIPP is motivated by the mission of creating opportunities for all students, regardless of ZIP code. Our work with KIPP Nashville came at a time of expansion and growth. For their network of schools, we provided brand strategy, designed and developed a responsive website, and continue to work with them on their marketing strategy and on the development of annual reports and fundraising materials.

Stocking 51: Brand Identity and Website Design

Originally the Belle Meade Hosiery Mill dating back to 1925, Stocking 51 is Nashville’s most vibrant development of restaurants, retail, and office space located in the heart of the Nations. The original structure, along with floors, brick, and window frames have remained as the space has been meticulously restored to its original state. Proof partnered with the space on full-scale branding that included logo/visual identity design, website design, and building signage.

The Monroe: Naming, Branding, Website, Marketing Materials,

Price Development Group, based in Kansas City, came to Nashville looking to open a new residential property in Nashville’s Germantown neighborhood. Seeking to create a space that felt like part of the Historic Germantown community, Proof worked to develop a name for the property (The Monroe) and a comprehensive suite of deliverables including logo/visual identity, interior/exterior signage and artwork, website, and print/promotional materials.

The Escape Game Branding, Web Design, Signage

The Escape Game’s innovative designs and highly-skilled game masters create unforgettable experiences for adventure-seekers around the country. In the midst of rapid expansion and opening new locations nation-wide, we refreshed The Escape Game’s visual identity, designed and developed corporate and location-specific websites, and created signage and marketing materials.

Levy Restaurants Re-Brand and Brand Standards

Levy Restaurants opened its doors in 1978 in Chicago, and since then, has grown rapidly, owning 10 restaurants, and providing excellent food service to over 100 stadiums nation-wide with staff surpassing 30,000 employees and company revenues surpassing $4 billion. From Michelin-starred restaurants to 100,000-seat stadiums, Levy’s intentionality to a focus on “experience” shines through in everything they do. Proof partnered with Levy through a rebranding and creative partnership that focused on respecting the past, building on the present, and planning for the future.

City of Boston Research and Strategic Recruitment Campaign

Boston truly is one of America’s greatest cities. Rich in both history and innovation, this thriving community and “city of neighborhoods” is a vibrant place to live, work, and play. Throughout 2016, Proof partnered with Boston City Government to develop a brand and applicable campaigns surrounding the city’s employment and career center, highlighting the diverse career opportunities that exist on a city level, and pinpointing through research and development what motivates individuals to work for the city they love.

Fat Bottom Brewing Website and Packaging Design

Fat Bottom Brewing makes beers that are bigger and sexier than what you’re used to, built with a wide variety of styles from around the world and proudly brewed in Nashville. We partnered together during a pivotal time in the brewery’s growth, working to redefine the Fat Bottom brand and image and translating that to a comprehensive branding partnership that involved product naming/design, packaging, web, and promotional materials.

2017 Local & Regional ADDY Awards:

• 2017 Gold ADDY: Packaging Campaign “FB Brewing – Flagship”
  • 2017 Gold ADDY: Packaging Campaign “FB Brewing – Seasonal”
  • 2017 Silver ADDY: Packaging “FB Brewing – Icebreaker”
  • 2017 Silver ADDY: Packaging “FB Brewing – Ruby”
  • 2017 (Regional) Silver ADDY: Packaging Campaign “FB Brewing – Flagship”
  • 2017 (Regional) Silver ADDY: Packaging Campaign “FB Brewing – Flagship”

Web Dev & Branding for Youth Development Nonprofit

“I find them approachable and very easy to work with, that is why I keep coming back.”

June 2017 - Ongoing

Proof Branding provided branding and web design services for an NYC-based nonprofit. The team developed a thorough understanding of the vision then created a functioning and organized website.

Alice Maggin
Director of Communications, the Boys'​ Club of New York

The website is clean, informational, and accessible. Proof Branding was careful and perceptive in designing a site that reflected the desired vision. They are accommodating and willing to travel to ensure they deliver the best possible product.

I am the Director of Communications for the Boys' Club of New York (BCNY). We are an NYC-based nonprofit that provides youth development and afterschool programming for boys between the ages of 7 and 21.

What challenge were you trying to address with Proof Branding?

When I started at BCNY around a year and a half ago, I found their existing website problematic in terms of design and user interface. Further investigation showed issues with the backend, frontend, and organizational strategies. I wanted to update the website to better reflect our organization’s standards.

I provided Proof with a list of outstanding issues and asked them to review the existing website and determine a possible course of action. Proof came back with two different paths, either making quick fixes to the existing design and code or a complete redesign and redevelopment of the website. Initially, I was unsure of the amount of funding I could secure for the project, but I was able to explain the efficacy of a new website to my leadership.

He agreed to fund the new website. After having me complete a branding survey, the Proof team held a comprehensive branding and development meeting to better understand our vision, values, and goals. They planned the website and promptly began the design and development process. They continue to work on the site’s optimization.

The founder and the account director are Proof’s forward-facing team, but there are others working in the background.

How did you come to work with Proof Branding?

I had worked with Proof on previous projects for other nonprofits.

We have spent $10,000 so far and will pay another $10,000 after the project’s completion.

We started working around June 2017 and the project is ongoing.

Working with Proof helped us clean up our website. Because the last iteration was largely a joint effort, the information flow and the design elements were not always cohesive. A smaller team and more careful collaboration improved its clarity and aesthetic.

How did Proof Branding perform from a project management standpoint?

I have found that if I am good at providing and maintaining my end of the project, Proof will handle their end with the same care. As long as I give them content and direction, they have no problem promptly completing tasks and sticking to the established schedule.

I find them approachable and very easy to work with, that is why I keep coming back. They really listen to what their clients have to say and create a product that reflects those conversations. Additionally, they are very competitive financially. As an NYC-based company, there are hundreds of local web developers, but they tend to be expensive. Though Proof is based in Nashville, the team is extremely willing to travel. Their services are much more affordable for a nonprofit of our size, and we still get the same attentive and dedicated customer service.

They have always done a great job and I will continue to use them.

Branding & Web Design for Health Accessories Startup

"Thanks to Proof’s work, the new site gives the impression that we're a well-established company."

Aug. 2017 - Mar. 2018

As part of a total rebranding effort, Proof Branding tweaked the brand name, redesigned the logo and color palette, and built a new website.

Lauren Egge
Founder & CEO, Noka Supply Co.

The redesigned site is more sophisticated and has been well-received. Proof Branding brought creative ideas to the table at a reasonable value. Their expertise and customer-oriented approach made them a valuable partner.

I’m the founder and CEO of a small startup called Noka Supply Company. We’re in the very early stages of redesigning health accessories to look and feel like fashion accessories.

What challenge were you trying to address with Proof Branding?

I hired them to do a complete overhaul of all of our branding and the website.

First they sent me an intake assignment so that I could give them information about my company. I shared with them my vision for the future of the brand and what I wanted to see in the refresh. Then we had a big kickoff meeting to brainstorm different attributes of the brand that should be represented in the logo, color scheme, and imagery. Proof actually suggested I change the name slightly, which I did. They created a new logo, full new branding scheme, and website design. They built the new site as well.

I had an account director, but I also worked with the CEO and a couple of designers over the course of the project. Alexa was the primary designer on my account.

How did you come to work with Proof Branding?

I found them through Google as I was looking for a local Nashville branding firm. It was important that I could actually meet them in person. I interviewed a couple of different companies in the area. I ultimately went with Proof because they seemed very genuine, and had a more collaborative feel.

I spent $17,000.

The project ran from August 2017–March 2018.

What they’ve created for me is a whole new online brand presence. The old brand and website made it obvious that we were a startup. We didn’t come across as a real company, and it was affecting the conversion rate on the website. Thanks to Proof’s work, the new site gives the impression that we're a well-established company. They’ve really created brand integrity.

How did Proof Branding perform from a project management standpoint?

My project manager (Amara, Account Director) was great. She had a very explicit project timeline with the dates for each of the milestones, and they hit every single one. Their process didn't seem arbitrary; rather, they tried to figure out what was the right way forward for my brand. Every step of the process, they gave me options and opportunities for feedback. They didn’t just let me dictate what I wanted, but they pushed back and provided their expertise in terms of what they thought I should do.

Even though I have a very small company, they never made me feel like I was a small client. They have much larger clients than me but I never got the impression that I was being pushed to the bottom of the priority list. I was always treated as a legitimate project and priority for them. I was also impressed by the extent to which they tried to understand our vision and mission. Instead of creating something that was just pretty to look at, they developed a brand that truly embodies the company I’m trying to build.

Overall Score It was a pleasure working with them the whole time.
    They hit every milestone.
    They were very reasonable given my startup budget and what they provided.
    They were very thorough and put forth their full effort.
    I’ve already recommended them to a couple of companies.

Rebranding for Cross-Fit Fitness Center

“They follow through with everything and we never have to wait.”

Mar. - Aug. 2016

Proof Branding helped revitalize branding for a gym. Preserving the established identity, they took time to understand the space and the target audience before iterative logo development.

New Jersey
Karianne Anthes
Owner, CF Motown

Brand recognition and retention rates have both improved. Proof Branding thoroughly and efficiently cemented a distinct, professional image. They were responsive and took time to ensure a robust rapport.

My husband and I are co-owners of a CrossFit gym.

What challenge were you trying to address with Proof Branding?

We wanted to revitalize our brand while maintaining our established identity. It was a tricky proposition and we needed professional help.

We discussed our goals and what we hoped to achieve. They spent a few days with us, took classes we offer, spent time in the space, and experienced what we do. They then went through a branding exercise to understand the audience we wanted to attract. We went back and forth through a series of logo developments for the website, apparel, and our physical space.

We work very closely with the owner and at least two team members, including a designer and an art lead.

How did you come to work with Proof Branding?

My husband found them. We spend a lot of time in Nashville and enjoy the places we visit there. We approached the establishments with branding we liked and asked wo they worked with. Several of them recommended Proof. We liked their integrative, thoughtful branding process and decided to work with them.

All told, we’ve spent between $40,000–$50,000 on their services. That includes some tangential projects.

We started working together around March or April 2016. The initial rebrand took a few months and we completed it by that fall. Since then, we’ve used them for several side projects related to the gym. They still provide add-on services for us.

Brand recognition and our presence on social media are greatly improved. People identify with the gym and retention rates are up. We’ve built connections with our distinct, professional look. Retail is a smaller part of their involvement, but people are buying our apparel and helping us push our identity forward. We’re very happy with their work and enjoy working with them.

How did Proof Branding perform from a project management standpoint?

They’re very thorough and efficient. They stick to the guidelines and schedules. If there were any delays, they were usually because of us.

We used Basecamp to reference timelines and expectations from a central location. They follow through with everything and we never have to wait. They’re always receptive and ask for clarification when they need it. We’re always very aware of what’s going on.

They took extra care with our interactions and went beyond being just designers. We really enjoy chatting about our ideas and have a strong rapport that is more than a business relationship.

We don’t communicate as much in person or face-to-face. Location is a factor in that, but even video calls or messaging would be a valuable addition to our interaction. That’s the only area I think they could improve upon.

Overall Score Working with them is a great experience.
    They’re very good with timelines.
    They do a great job but there’s always a little room for improvement.
    We recommend them all the time.

Marketing Strategy & Branding for Charter School

“They're very client-oriented and have made us feel like a priority.”

Sept. 2016 - Ongoing

Proof provides branding, marketing, and digital strategy. They've designed and developed various collateral as needed, including informational materials and annual reports.

Erin Holt
Communications Manager, KIPP Nashville

Proof helped successfully unify the branding materials across the region, which now stand out more at important events. Their team is responsive, thorough, and genuinely cares about the success of their clients.

I'm the communications manager for KIPP Nashville, which consists of five (soon to be six) charter schools within Nashville's public school system.

What challenge were you trying to address with Proof Branding?

We needed help creating a unified marketing strategy among our schools, including the development of informational materials with similar branding.

We usually meet with Proof's team in the Spring before the upcoming fiscal year, so we can plan around our budget and go over what's worked for us in the past and what we'd like to focus on in the future. They've designed and developed collateral, including one-sheeters for each school that provide information on both the school and the region. They also design our annual reports and have helped us with designing mailers that go out to families in the area. This year, they'll be helping us with marketing and recommendations around a more comprehensive digital strategy.

We mostly work with Matt (Founder and CEO, Proof Branding) and Amara (Account Director, Proof Branding).

How did you come to work with Proof Branding?

We had already been working with them when I came on board, but I do know that KIPP chose Proof after evaluating a handful of other vendors.

We've invested $40,000–$50,000 since I've been at KIPP. Since we began working with them, this is probably closer to $50,000-$75,000.

I personally have been working with them since September 2016, and the relationship is ongoing.

It's hard to measure results from the print collateral they've worked on, but we'll be measuring KPIs as we move into more digital work. We did notice an increased amount of donations from one of our donor events, which featured some of the materials Proof created.

How did Proof Branding perform from a project management standpoint?

They perform very well and are responsive, especially when we're under a tight deadline. We mostly communicate through email and Basecamp. It's helpful to have the project mapped out with a timeline from the beginning so everyone stays on track.

I can't speak for other brands or companies, but I think they've carved out a niche for themselves with charter schools. They've taken the time to understand our needs and the type of work we do, so we can start working on our projects without having to take a lot of time to explain everything all over again.

They're very client-oriented and have made us feel like a priority. They seem to genuinely care about our work and our students.

Web Development & Branding for Educational Nonprofit

“The Proof Branding team is large enough to specialize but small enough to extend genuine interest in their clients’ projects.”

2013 - 2016

Proof Branding engaged in a variety of web development projects, two of which required extensive involvement during the planning stages. Additional scope included logo design and custom software development.

Boston, Massachusetts
Ken Brooks
VP of Finance & Administration, Step By Step Behavioral Solutions, Inc.

Proof Branding’s agile and collaborative approach to development yielded high-quality site layouts that emphasize usability. Logo designs garnered positive feedback from end-clients. The team provided strategic insight throughout each project, which was completed on time and on budget.

I am the vice president of finance and administration at Step by Step Behavioral Solutions, a small educational nonprofit.

What challenges were you trying to address with Proof Branding?

We worked with Proof Branding to develop a website and logo for a nonprofit called Step by Step Solutions and for the Episcopal Church in the city of Boston.

Proof Branding developed a simple, clean-looking website for us. They created a new logo for our company through a highly collaborative back-and-forth process. Over three years, I worked with Proof Branding on two other projects, creating new websites and logos for St. John’s Episcopal Church and upgrading the PeopleSoft Human Capital Management (HCM) system for the city of Boston’s website.

I worked primarily with Matt Cheuvront, the owner of Proof Branding.

How did you come to work with Proof Branding?

I have a personal relationship with the owner.

Over the three projects that I worked on with Proof Branding, I spent about $40,000.

We completed our third project with Proof Branding in 2016.

We do not do web-tracking analytics because we are a small company, but specifically, with the logos that they created for our company Step by Step and for St. John's Episcopal Church, we received several compliments from our clients. They appreciated how easy both websites were to navigate and use.

How did Proof Branding perform from a project management standpoint?

They are flexible and adaptable. They are more modern with their approach to the agile project management style.

What did you find most impressive about the company?

The owner is always available for the client because the company is small. He built a strong team and emphasizes a collaborative environment. The Proof Branding team is large enough to specialize but small enough to extend genuine interest in their clients’ projects.

Proof Branding could be slightly more tactful in providing consultation in more complex projects with multiple interests at play. I only experienced this with one of our projects due to a high number of involved parties. However, the team ultimately completed the project on time, despite some issues stemming from bureaucracy.

When they have substantive feedback to offer, they’ll push back in a positive way to achieve the best outcomes possible. Keep an open mind and remember that you hired the team for their expertise.

They're very good at focusing on the triple constraint of scope, time, and budget. The stayed on schedule and on or under budget.
    I was surprised what they did for us in all three projects that I worked with them on. In particular the city project. They're very cost effective.
    They are knowledgeable and they're experts in what they do, and they deliver in a timely manner.
    I've enjoyed working with them on all three engagements. I would certainly recommend them and have recommended them to other colleagues.

Brand Refresh for Nashville Brewery

"Their entire team is invested in our brand."

Jan. 2014 - Ongoing

Proof Branding conducted a creative redesign to update the visual appearance of a product line. They addressed the brand’s initial state and future potential. Deliverables included signage and product labels.

Zach Easterwood
Brand Manager, Fat Bottom Brewing Co.

Consumers are engaging more with the products at local and national events and outlets because of the more coordinated branding. Proof Branding has provided reliable service across several projects, leading to an ongoing engagement. They are client-driven and readily accessible.

I am the brand manager at Fat Bottom Brewing Company in Nashville, Tennessee.

What challenge were you trying to address with Proof Branding?

We felt that interaction with our brand was scattered. We wanted to update our brand and bring more consistency to our brewery.

Proof Branding determined the current state of our brand and identified our growth potential. They formulated a structured plan of action to achieve that. We worked with them originally on three projects—our core line of beers, our seasonal line, and a new series of beer we just started to release. As for deliverables, they were very clear about labels and the marketing plan for each beer. For the new series, they built that brand identity, and we were able to easily step into naming and creating a clean aesthetic.

We worked closely with the owner, the director of development, and a project manager.

How did you come to work with Proof Branding?

We talked to several firms, but we held two meetings with Proof Branding, and it was clear right away that they had a greater understanding of the process. They had an impressive portfolio, we liked their attitude, and they were interested in our ideas. We found they could offer a level of service other firms could not.

The project of rebranding our core line of beers began in January 2014 and finished in August 2014. We’ve been pleased with them throughout our three projects, so we’ve moved to keep them on a yearly retainer. We work with them each time we introduce a new beer to the market.

We travel to several local and national events throughout the year, and we’ve seen our engagement at those events increase. The main compliments we receive, aside from the quality of our beer, is that our branding is very impressive. Visitors are drawn to our banners and signage because they are consistent. We have so much competition in stores, so we need to catch the customer’s eye because we’re not there to interact, and they have helped us do that. We’ve seen more pull—that’s a term we use for people pulling us off the shelf or pulling the tap handle. We’re proud of our progress and the leg up it gives us in the industry.

How did Proof Branding perform from a project management standpoint?

Their owner is accessible, he pays attention, and he drives many of these conversations. Their entire team is invested in our brand.

The quality of the work and the quality of the people on their team sets them apart. Their team members have different styles and abilities, but they ensure the product is delivered with the client in mind. They’ve made this process enjoyable.

When you’re working with creative things, sometimes those deliverables are not always on time.
    We're willing to spend the money to get quality service.
    They have continued to earn our business.
    I have already recommended them, and I will continue to do so.

Rebrand and Web Design for Custom Geo-Mapping Firm

"The website they built is really easy to use; it conveys our work simply, but elegantly."

Feb. - May 2015

Proof Branding conducted a rebranding campaign to reflect a shift in message. Besides the logo and design scenes, they completely redesigned the website and provided marketing materials for a trade show.

Senior Vice President, Custom Geo-Mapping Firm

The new site had the desired effect, increasing both traffic and conversion rates. Proof Branding distinguished themselves with an efficient project management system that tracked deadlines, progress, change requests, and to-dos.

Please describe your company.

We're a digital mapping firm. We do a lot of work for local governments, utilities, and those type of industries.

What is your role and responsibilities?

I'm co-founder and senior vice president of the company.

What was your goal for working with Proof Branding?

We needed a total refresh of our brand.

We've been in business since 1999. We've used the same logo and marketing collateral since then. The company has obviously evolved and moved in some different directions in those 15 years. With that new direction, we wanted to have a new logo that captured our message, and that related to our industry and the people who need our services.

In addition to those more traditional branding services, they also completely redesigned our website. They did a phenomenal job with that.

What was your process for selecting Proof Branding?

We knew that we wanted to work with a local firm, someone that we could build a relationship with, and easily have face-to-face meetings. We also wanted a "full-service" agency, we wanted to work with the same people for both the strategy and the implementation of our new brand.

We set out on a search looking for agencies, primarily through the Web. We came across Proof Branding's website, and we really liked what we saw and what we read about them in their description. We liked the design, and the aesthetic of their site, as well as their clients' sites.

After that, Blake [Stratton, client development lead at Proof Branding] came out and met with me, and we really connected. Things progressed from there.

Can you give a sense of the size of the initiative?

In total, it was around $40,000.

When was the project completed?

We started around February of this year [2015], and wrapped up the biggest portion of the project in May. Since then, they've helped us with some smaller things, like a booth for an upcoming trade show. We plan to work with them continually.

What were the results of the project?

The new brand has been perceived very positively. We have people telling us every day they love the new look. The website they built is easy to use and conveys our work simply yet elegantly.

Do you have any statistics or metrics on the project?

I can't tell you specifics, but looking at some of our website statistics, I have noticed that during the last month since the new website has been live, we've gained a whole lot of new visitors. We've also got a lot more Web requests, and Web leads, through our website, which is great and somewhat new to us, since we primarily work on a referral basis.

What differentiates Proof Branding from others?

When I think about what sets them apart from other business partners I've worked with, I'd say the first thing that comes to mind is their project management skills. They use a project management software so I could always stay up to date with their progress. It was a one-stop shop for all the to-dos and calendar deadlines. It made it easy to get in touch with them, and make suggestions through this one interface, which was nice for me. It was one of the smoothest-run projects I've ever been a part of.

On a couple of our own projects, we've even adopted some of the things that we learned from them and how they managed the project with us.

No. Not at all. Any deadlines that were missed, were always on our end.

Branding for Nashville Charter School

"Proof Branding was very thoughtful in how they approached our work."

Nov. 2014 - Jan. 2015

Proof Branding consulted on solidifying the brand identity for an entirely new organization. They also produced digital and print collateral and designed the new website.

Founder, STRIVE Collegiate Academy

In one clear indicator of Proof Branding’s success, associated organizations have signed them for similar work. The team offered a comprehensive package. They took ownership over the project’s success. They were attentive, responsive, and project-oriented.

Please describe your company.

Strive Collegiate Academy is a brand new charter school in the Nashville area. Our first fifth-grade class will be starting this fall, 2015.

What is your role and responsibilities?

I am the founder and principal of the school.

What was your goal for working with Proof Branding?

We were a brand new organization and trying to educate the community about who we are and what we're doing. Being the principal and founder of the school, I had to start thinking about getting the message out. Proof did a good job of working with me to create a solid identity for the school out of a lot of abstract ideas.

Five people from their team led the process. In the first iteration of the project, Proof Branding listened to my vision, and my thoughts about the school, and they took notes along the way as we determined a brand strategy.

In addition to the strategy, they also worked on the brand identity including promotional and collateral materials as well as our website.

What was your process for selecting Proof Branding?

Prior to founding this school, I worked for the Tennessee Charter School Center. Proof Branding is one of their preferred partners, and so one of my colleagues there connected me with them. They provided me with several references from other educational institutions that made me feel comfortable with their work.

Can you give a sense of the size of the initiative?

It was in the $10,000 range.

When was the project completed?

I think we started in November, and the website was ready by January, so that was maybe two months. For my one-pagers, I gave them a two to three week timeline. I needed something quickly, and they got through them quickly.

What were the results of the project?

We're obviously in the early stages of the school, but already we've gotten a lot of exposure, and I think that's due in large part to Proof Branding's work.

Other schools have taken notice as well. There're three or so other schools who have signed up with Proof Branding since I worked with them, and they saw the success we had.

Is there anything unique or special about Proof Branding that really makes them stand out?

I think when we first connected with Proof Branding, I liked how they were able to elaborate exactly what they wanted to offer in a package. They were so thoughtful in the RFP [request for proposal] stage of the project, and that sense of ownership and process-oriented work absolutely transitioned to the project itself.

No, I don't think so. They're a small team. I would just say there's always room for growth, and they did a good job of asking how best to grow, and answering any questions that I had. If there was something I didn't understand, they were always responsive.

Very likely.