Animated explainer video production

Full-service video content production and promotion since 2011. Over 4,000 videos made around the world for bootstrapped startups to Fortune 500 companies, including the BBB, Intuit, Pfizer, NASA, Cisco, Uber, Cinemark, Kaiser, Oracle, and Microsoft.

Woodland Hills, Los Angeles, CA
  • 22020 Clarendon St, Ste 110
    Woodland Hills, Los Angeles, CA 91367

Promotional Video Production for Grill Charcoal Retailer

"The communication with Ben and George was smooth, easy, and professional."

May - June 2020

Promoshin created a promotional video for a grill charcoal retailer. They worked to illustrate the product's features in an engaging way. They handled everything from scripting to post-production deployment.

Orlando, Florida
Hamlet Cedeno
VP Marketing, Charcoal Retail Company

Promoshin's delivery of the video resulted in a 30–40% increase in the client's newsletter subscribers. The team leads maintained easy yet professional communication. Despite the COVID-19 lockdown, they had no trouble meeting deadlines. They took a structured yet creative approach for the video.

I'm the marketing manager at VGLOBAL 52, located in Florida. Our company owns the brand ZENFIYAH which is coconut charcoal that power the home/restaurant grills. My job is to manage the marketing of the product in the USA.

For what projects/services did your company hire Promoshin?

We are looking to build a national brand identity for ZENFIYAH. As innovative product for the market one of the challenge was how to explain the features of the product in less than one minute and in a cool way. We decide to hire Promoshin to our 2D video for our website.

Our goal was that our customers see our product and understand what it is and how it works. Make them quickly identify the advantage of using ZENFIYAH in their grills and how they can help out the planet while grilling their favorite foods.

I searched online for video producers and found a few companies and freelancers doing the job. We were aware of the quality of videos we wanted to have for our product, so we narrow down for the best options and decide PROMOSHIN was the winner.

Once we selected PROMOSHIN, we discussed in a few meetings our goal, the features of the products, the challenges of a new product in the market. We also talked about the best way to produce a video that gave us the result we were looking for.

They designed a workflow between us collecting all the information, helping with the script, choosing the voice over, and making the right scenario to express what ZENFIYAH needed.

I have worked with Ben and George only as it was a small project.

We uploaded the video recently on our website and now we are producing a second video specific for social media channels. Since we uploaded the video the number of newsletter subscribers increased by 30% to 40% in the last weeks (our website is informative website no e-commerce). If we decide to change the website to e-commerce I'm sure the video produced will help us even more.

The communication with Ben and George was smooth, easy, and professional. They worked hard to meet the deadlines and even during the pandemic situation they managed to be on time with the jobs.

I liked how organized they have the process to produce the video.

If they can do the video faster always help, but the quality is what matters to us so all good.

Excellent experience!

Animated Video for Password Protection Product

"We appreciated that they were open to our feedback and responsive to any concerns we expressed along the way."

Feb. - Apr. 2020

Promoshin created a video for a YouTube ad that could be adapted for Facebook. They used a provided script and concept demo to produce the piece.

Fairfax, Virginia
Tracey Poletti
Digital Marketing Manager, Password Management Company

Promoshin took client notes in stride to iterate on the video. The project manager was responsive to needs, and the animators were able to implement all requests. The final video went live on YouTube and Facebook, increasing site traffic substantially.

I'm a Digital Marketing Manager for a password management product.

For what projects/services did your company hire Promoshin?

We have hired Promoshin a few times to create videos for us. Most recently, we hired them to create a YouTube video ad that could be converted easily for Facebook.

We hoped to see an increase in traffic to our website, as well as sales.

We had worked with Promoshin before and had been happy with their work. They were an obvious choice because of our past history.

Describe the video(s) and the process in detail.

We wrote the script internally and made a quick video demo to show what we were looking for. As we got further into production, we modified our script a couple times and went through several video review cycles where we provided concrete feedback.

Our Promoshin project manager engaged with us on a regular basis and handled our requests and feedback in a professional manner.

What was your vendors' project management or feedback process?

They would upload the latest version of the project to a DropBox folder and let us know it was ready for review. We would then review it internally and email detailed notes to our project manager to incorporate into the next version.

We have increased traffic to our website as a result of running this video on YouTube and Facebook.

The project manager we were assigned was responsive to emails and calls. On the couple of occasions when we reached out for a status update, he got back to us very quickly.

When we changed the script and needed to move things around, they were very flexible. We appreciated that they were open to our feedback and responsive to any concerns we expressed along the way. Their animators were creative and were able to do what we requested.

During this process, the turn-around time was usually fine--but there were one or two times where we waited longer than we thought we should for an updated revision. It didn't happen often though and we were generally pleased with the production process.

Overall Score We highly recommend Promoshin. They care about their customers and it shows.
    They were available to take on our job almost immediately upon hiring them.
    Very reasonable. A freelancer might have cost less.but I think we would have been stressed dealing with a one-man show.
    They created a video for us that is professional and conveys what we needed it to.
    For videos under $10K, they are a great choice.

Video Production for Performance Optimization Company

Through open communication channels, I was able to get to a product that I knew I liked.”

January 2020

Promoshin created a promotional video for an equipment optimization business. After a brainstorming session, the team scripted and storyboarded the piece before launching into the video production process.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Nathan Wright
President, Transformational Performance Solutions

Promoshin executed a product that’s enjoyed a significant amount of views in a short amount of time. The video has also successfully connected the client with other professionals in similar industries. Maintaining open and direct communication, the team guided the client towards the right solution.

I’m the president of a one-man company called Transformational Performance Solutions. I provide reliability services where I optimize clients’ equipment for maximum performance.

What challenge were you trying to address with Promoshin?

While I serve an array of industries, my target audience is the maintenance sector. People in maintenance seem to respond better to visuals and audio, as opposed to text. Since direct mailing as a marketing strategy didn’t work, I engaged Promoshin to create materials that would capture that audience.

We first had a consultation meeting, where we brainstormed what sort of materials would form the best approach. We decide to create a mixed media video to catch the attention of prospective clients.

We then collaborated on scripting and storyboarding, where we sent drafts back and forth in an iterative process. They then launched into creating the actual film. After four weeks, they finalized the product, and added in an animated logo for me. The whole thing came to be around 45 seconds long.

I communicated with three people, but there was a larger team behind them. My initial point of contact was Ben (Founder, Promoshin).

How did you come to work with Promoshin?

I found them through a Google search. I reached out to a few companies and felt that their approach was the best fit.

The project cost under $5000.

We engaged them in January of 2020 and the project wrapped up in four weeks.

After I uploaded the video to YouTube and shared it through LinkedIn, almost a thousand people viewed the video within a week. The video has put me in a position to be able to network with other professionals in similar industries.

How did Promoshin perform from a project management standpoint?

I really appreciated that I was in direct contact with the entire team; I didn’t have to communicate with a middleman. Through open communication channels, I was able to get to a product that I knew I liked, fairly quickly.

The workflow was seamless, and the project was done in a reasonable amount of time. I was pleased with the final product and also enjoyed the collaborative process to get there.

No, I can’t think of anything. I slowed them down at times because I wasn’t familiar with some of the industry terminology.

Let them guide you to where you want to be. They’re professionals who know what they’re doing.

Animated Video for Digital Campaign

"Everyone I dealt with was positive and a pleasure to interact with."

Jan. 2019

Promoshin produced a one-minute animated video. Their services included sourcing voice talent as well as creating a script and storyboard.

Ottawa, Canada
Marketing & Growth Coordinator, DS Plumbing

The video was integral to digital marketing efforts, which produced a 20% increase in sales. Promoshin kept stakeholders updated, and they excelled at adapting their work to feedback. The team was eager to meet stakeholders’ requirements. Deadlines were met.

I am the Marketing & Growth Coordinator for a home services company in Canada.

For what projects/services did your company hire Promoshin?

We hired Promoshin to create a 1 min animated commercial to be used for our Youtube pre-roll ads and various social media platforms - as part of our Winter/Spring digital marketing campaign

The focus of this project was to generate more brand awareness

After finding them (as well as a few other similar companies) online I ultimately decided to go with Promoshin because the team: a) Responded to my original inquiry quickly. b) Seemed to 'get' our vision and what we were going for. c) Were open to doing something a bit out of the box, and were excited about it. d) I found the prices very reasonable

Describe the video(s) and the process in detail.

We started the process with an initial phone call about the proposed project, as well as a thorough survey. They asked for sample videos of things we've seen that we liked to get a vibe of what we wanted. I sent them information about our brand, target audience..etc. They provided a sound reels of various voice over artists for us to choose from. Within a couple weeks we had a script and a story board, that required few edits. After approval, they worked their magic putting the animation together, and sent it over for approval. With only a few tweaks on our end, our project was completed within the timeline they had given us.

What was your vendors' project management or feedback process?

The whole project was managed really well.

The video was an important part of our winter/spring marketing campaign, which assisted in a 20% + sales increase.

The communication with our project manager was friendly, accepting of feedback, and timely. At every stage we were asked for approval and any changes requested were happily received and carried out immediately. She checked in with updates, without me even reaching out.

When we approached them with our idea and vision, we knew that we were asking something a bit different (stylistically) from the samples on their website. After sending them a sample video of the general 'feel' of what we wanted the end product to look like, they seemed excited to take on a new challenge, which they delivered. Everyone I dealt with was positive and a pleasure to interact with.

I can't think of any areas to improve at this time.

Under budget

Explainer Video for IT Company

"They really listened to what we wanted."

Apr. - June 2019

Promoshin helped script and film a technical explainer video for the website launch of an IT company.

Sydney, Australia
Marketing and Administration, IT Company

Though the new site has not yet launched, the video has satisfied all project stakeholders and is expected to be well received. Promoshin was very patient and helpful throughout the process, incorporating all feedback and helping to make sure progress was always being made.

We provide digital solutions for small to medium enterprise. I am an Office Manager.

For what projects/services did your company hire Promoshin?

We used Promoshin for an explainer video for our company, it's quite technical as we do provide a lot of services and to put all of that information in a 90 second video was a challenge but we got there.

To have a video that shows exactly what we do and how we do it.

We contacted a few vendors and promoshin's videos really stood out and were in our price range as well.

Describe the video(s) and the process in detail.

We had a slow start as our vision was quite technical and the script approval took some time on our end. Once the script was clear we then went into the visuals and then finally onto the video and VO. Promoshin gave us time to choose the right VO artist and we are really happy with the options we were given.

What was your vendors' project management or feedback process?

We wen through a lot of approvals back and forward, they were so patient and understanding. They provided a script in the beginning that we know we would like to use in the long term and we will definitely get another made down the track

We have not launched out video yet, however are launching it in conjunction with our website soon so expect to see some great results.

Really great considering we are on the other side of the world. They followed up constantly when we were lagging on our side and made all changes requested. They really listened to what we wanted.

They are really passionate about getting a great result, that was all that mattered, was that we were happy and that we got the result that we wanted.

We should have worked on our script before starting as it did slow the process down, but that's really from our side and not promoshins fault. We learnt that from the process so moving forward would have that ready before starting.

Overall Score Really happy with the results and the video speaks for itself
    The time difference played a part in some delays, but that was from both sides- otherwise it was great.
    Hands down value for money
    Slick and looks great
    In a heartbeat we would refer promoshin

Animated Explainer Video for Kickstarter Campaign

"Promoshin was quick, responsive, and professional."

Jan. 2018 - Feb. 2019

Promoshin created an animated explainer video for a medical education flashcard resource. After receiving ideas, script, and rough draft, they produced a final video that was posted on Kickstarter.

Birmingham, Alabama
David Griffin
CEO, MedGunner LLC

The vendor's efforts increased traffic and Kickstarter pledges. Promoshin's team was flexible with edits, responsive, and professional.

I am the CEO of MedGunner which is a medical education, mnemonic based, flashcard game that reviews high yield material to help medical students prepare for the USMLE Step 1.

For what projects/services did your company hire Promoshin?

I hired Promoshin to create an animated Kickstarter explainer video for my card game's launch on Kickstarter and to use as a youtube ad.

Increase brand recognition and Kickstarter project traffic / pledges.

Based on online reviews and value for cost.

Describe the video(s) and the process in detail.

I sent over my ideas for the video as well as a script and a rough draft of the video was created. I made 2-3 edits to the video which were completed in a timely manner and the final video was completed in approximately 1 month.

What was your vendors' project management or feedback process?

I would give feedback via email to my project manager.

The video allowed for increased traffic to the website and additional Kickstarter pledges.

Very effective workflow. Promoshin was quick, responsive, and professional.

I was most impressed by the ability to make unlimited edits to the animated video and timeliness of completion.

I have no recommendations for improvement as everything went over very smoothly.

Overall Score Friendly, quick results, and cost effective.
    Quick and efficient.
    I got quotes from multiple companies and Promoshin was the most cost effective.
    Very pleased with the animated video outcome.
    Based on my experience I would definitely recommend.

Video For Real Estate Investment Company

"Promoshin is a phenomenal company, and I can’t rave enough about them."

Jan. 2019 - Feb. 2019

Promoshin produced a video for a real estate investment firm, using an in-depth questionnaire to guide their process.

Samuel Jr. Herrera
Co-owner, Home Acquisitions

Internal feedback has been overwhelmingly positive, leading to more work for Promoshin. Their expert team inspired confidence throughout the project by communicating clearly from the start. They accept constructive input well, but also brought creative ideas to the table at a reasonable value.

I’m co-owner of a real estate investment company that specializes in residential and commercial property acquisitions. I focus on returns for our company and other investors.

For what projects/services did your company hire Promoshin?

We needed help in producing a video explainer for our sales page.

We wanted to explain our company’s services and benefits.

I found them after doing research. It's nerve-racking to spend money on a team that may not necessarily know the space. I know this from experience, and it was an expensive lesson. I hired Promoshin because they sought to understand the project before beginning production.

Describe the video(s) and the process in detail.

Promoshin started by understanding what our company does and what we’re trying to accomplish. They sent a questionnaire before starting work to drill down on who our audience is and how the vision looked in our head. Their team followed up with even more questions in a phone call. They took a very systematic approach to executing on our vision.

What was your vendors' project management or feedback process?

Feedback throughout production was done by phone and email.

The video hasn’t been tested yet because our website isn’t finished. However, the video does a phenomenal job of explaining everything I need a potential client to know. The final product is spot-on and exactly what I was looking for. In fact, I’m doing a second video with them right now because the first one is so good.

The workflow was easy and direct. Their level of understanding is second to none, so all that was needed was a quick email or phone call during the process. The project went so smooth because they asked all the right questions at the start. They’re effective at working in synergy to produce results at lightning speeds.

The team they have in place worked together to accomplish a single vision. What I enjoyed most about working with them is the level of effort they put in to understanding what we want. Promoshin is a phenomenal company, and I can’t rave enough about them.

No, not that I can see.

Overall Score It was a great experience.
    Everything was delivered as promised and on time.
    Their prices are very reasonable.
    The video was exactly what I was looking for.
    I'm doing a second video with them.

Brand Video Production for Bus Dealer

"They were fast and professional throughout."

Jan. - Feb. 2019

Promoshin planned and delivered a branding video. They contributed to scripting and storyboarding and introduced animation.

Colton, California
Joe Pashman
Director of Sales and Marketing, A-Z Bus Sales

Internal stakeholders expect the video to make a sizable impact when it debuts to a live audience. Promoshin was open to incorporating feedback and exhibited top-level professionalism in all their interactions. Customers can expect a flexible partner.

I’m the sales and marketing director of A-Z Bus Sales. We’re a school and commercial bus dealer.

For what projects/services did your company hire Promoshin?

We needed someone to develop a branding video.

We wanted to show our customers that we’re an employee-owned company and display our core values.

We interviewed several providers. Promoshin’s proposal's tight focus on our message made it clear they would implement it in the video.

After capturing our initial needs, they provided comprehensive production services ranging from outlining, scripting, and storyboarding to animation. We were able to review their work and request edits at every stage of the process. They delivered the video ahead of our deadline.

Initially, we worked with a consultant, but then we transitioned to a project manager.

We plan to debut the video at our annual company dinner, but we’ll also be broadcasting it via email and social media. We expect it to receive great traction.

It was simple and seamless. They were highly accommodating.

They were fast and professional throughout.

No, not that I saw.

Overall Score I plan on using them again, so that should speak for itself.
    The finished ahead of schedule.
    It was reasonable for the market.
    It was right on point.
    I'll certainly recommend them.

Video Production for Insurance Company

"They maintained a quick turnaround, even when we requested changes."

Oct. 2018 - Jan. 2019

Promoshin produced a two-minute promotional video for an insurance company. They were involved in the entire process, including script writing, voiceover and image selection, shooting, and editing.

Memphis, Tennessee
Jay Green
GM, Crye-Leike Insurance Agency, Inc.

Promoshin delivered a high-quality video that elicited praise from key stakeholders. The team’s effective work ethic, responsive communication, and reasonable price offering will likely lead to future collaboration.

I’m the agency manager at Crye-Leike Insurance Agency, Inc. We're a subsidiary of a large real estate company.

For what projects/services did your company hire Promoshin?

I needed a vendor to produce a video to be shown at a dozen annual kickoff meetings that are held in each region that our company has operations.

We wanted to build awareness around all of the services we offer, emphasizing our reputation as a one-stop-shop solution.

We asked other businesses who they’d worked with for video production, and we did some online searching. We ultimately chose Promoshin because of their price, past clients, and sample videos.

Describe the video(s) and the process in detail.

We started by sharing our idea with Promoshin; then we went back and forth to put together a script. They helped us finalize details like voiceovers and images. We suggested certain visuals to use, and they suggested others for us to consider.

Once everything was approved, they started shooting. It’s a two-minute video that highlights the insurance agency and other business affiliates owned by the real estate company, characterizing us as a one-stop shop. After we shot all of the content, Promoshin began the editing process. They moved around clips, added text, and put it all together in a specific style. The final video flows smoothly from one point to the next.

What was your vendors' project management or feedback process?

I collaborated closely with the project manager, who was extremely responsive.

I’m completely satisfied with the final product, and we’ve received positive feedback from the real estate agency. If we ever have to produce a video in the future, we’ll take the project to Promoshin.

I have no complaints regarding the workflow, but I probably should've started the project earlier to give us more time.

They maintained a quick turnaround, even when we requested changes.

No, I can’t think of anything.

Overall Score I'm very happy with the experience.
    The time difference was a challenge, but they worked according to my schedule.
    The price was reasonable for the level of their work.
    The finished product was professional, generating positive feedback.
    I'd definitely recommend them.

Explainer Video for Data Governance Company

"I appreciated their creativity and optimism, along with the fact that they never missed a deadline."

Oct. 2018 - Jan. 2019

Promoshin produced an explainer video to allow a technology company to showcase its primary solution and its value to clients. It includes a hand-drawn depiction of a key business element on a whiteboard.

Quincy, Massachusetts
David K. Meeker
Head of Alliances & Partnerships, Compact Solutions LLC

Promoshin delivered the video on time and in coordination with budgetary guidelines despite slight delays and a change in the project manager. The team coordinated well to maintain control of the project and foster open lines of communication.

I am the head of alliances and partnerships at Compact Solutions, a niche technology company providing data lineage solutions to global Fortune 1000 firms.

For what projects/services did your company hire Promoshin?

We hired Promoshin to create a brief explainer video to highlight our flagship solution and how it brings value to our clients.

We wanted the video to be accessible to all viewers, not just technical-minded people who generally interact with our tools.

I found Promoshin through a Google search for video production companies. The project cost was our primary concern, and Promoshin’s estimate was in line with our budget.

Describe the video(s) and the process in detail.

The video features a whiteboard with a hand-drawn depiction of the lifecycle of a data lineage being displayed along with the sources and targets for our solution. The total production time took about three months but could have been shorter if our internal team had spent less time polishing the content. Promoshin worked very quickly, all things considered.

What was your vendors' project management or feedback process?

Promoshin was thoroughly professional and communicative during the project. We were never unaware of our next step or the video’s progress. Their team met every promised delivery date.

The video was delivered on time and within our budget, and it truly showcased their creativity.

Promoshin’s team sent weekly updates and outlines for next steps, and they checked in on our progress when necessary. The project never felt out of control or off track, which I credit to their productivity.

Our original project manager left midway through the project to go on maternity leave, and our production didn’t miss a beat as they introduced a new person in that role. They kept the project moving, which was quite impressive.

No, nothing comes to mind.

Overall Score I fully endorse Promoshin.
    They exhibited flawless execution and planning.
    The finished product easily justifies the spend.
    Their work is super, but a perfect score is tough to achieve.
    I will definitely recommend.