It's not about the numbers, it's about the quality

Hello, have you met Prograils?

Ruby on Rails Software House full of skilled web developers and mobile experts. Our agile development team combines technologies like Ruby on Rails, Elixir, React and HTML 5 to build user friendly web & mobile applications.

Our team creates custom software, applications and eCommerce solutions for early stage businesses, startups and on-line companies.

Communication is our strength - we practice the Agile methodology to manage our projects.

Looking for someone who'll bring your idea into the real product?

How about outsourcing?

If you're looking for top-notch developers you're in the right place.

Fancy a chat? Us too! [email protected]

Oh, have you heard:

Prograils was recognized as Leadning Top Software and Web Development Firm in Poland by Clutch.

$5,000

Poznan, Poland
headquaters
  • Prograils
    Sczanieckiej 9a/10
    Poznan 60-215
    Poland
    48.608310149

We’re too modest to tell how good we are.
Besides, others have already said this.

Check our portfolio

Rails-developed Rating Platform for Customer Service Startup

"I'm very surprised by their [Prograils] English fluency and impressed with their willingness to find creative solutions."

The client is a customer service rating community that provides an easy and fast way to see where to get the best customer service. Limited technical capabilities and a poor experience with a previous vendor convinced the client to find a new partner capable of building their online rating platform. Prograils was considered carefully and then contracted to supply a dedicated team consisting of a project manager and several iOS, Android, and Rails developers.

Founder & Managing Director at Servicelovers

The client considers the partnership with Prograils a major competitive advantage. According to the client, Prograils far outperformed their prior vendor in terms of communication skills and technical proficiency. It was noted that Prograils could improve their work estimations but still recommends them without hesitation.

We run an employee-rating community.

I am the founder and chief executive officer of the company.

What business challenge were you trying to address with Prograils?

I started my company a year and a half ago, developing my platform in Lithuania. The team I had was cheap, but they were amateurs in terms of delivery time and quality of work. The company employed junior resources only, and they just couldn't produce what I was asking of them.

Please describe the scope of their involvement.

The original app had been built on a platform called Ionic, which is a web app. We are looking to translate the work into native Android and iOS apps. Prograils facilitated this for me. My specialization is in sales, not programming. I wasn't concerned with what programming tools would be used as long as the price and quality were right. In a sense, we did start from scratch.

We're currently working on another app that can run in a software-as-a-service capacity, allowing companies to assess which of their employees performed best. Prograils developed a minimum viable product that is stable and had good-quality coding, so it was very reliable.

They have assigned a three-and-a-half-person team to us. We have one Android developer, one iOS developer, and another person specialized in both platforms. We are assigned a project manager as part of the development price.

How did you come to work with Prograils?

I looked for development resources within my network and reviewed companies in Copenhagen. One possible choice was a company based in Copenhagen with a development team in Romania. I also looked at another uprising agency in Denmark. An acquaintance had used Prograils for a project, so I decided to work with them.

We started working together in November. Prograils has done a good job so far but, with time, the development in my company will have to be made in-house, since we are a tech company.

The core of the site was its rating system. We have done some testing that has run without issues. Prograils did what we told them to do. They have some great designers who understood what our aim was and took care of our requests after each testing cycle.

Elements like the dashboard have turned out great. Companies can see and understand where good service is located. Currently, the app is more stable than in the beginning. Quality-wise, it has been above the results we saw from the Lithuanian team.

We've seen some traction for the app. Users are installing it and passing it along to their friends.

How did Prograils perform from a project management standpoint?

Like any good collaboration, there have been some financial battles. They met our deadlines and, when they didn't, it was our fault and not theirs. I can admit that at times we were not the easiest of clients.

We used GitHub, Google Drive, Trello, Sketch, and InVision for project management. InVision and Sketch helped to speed up our mock-up process. They were used at our request, and we appreciated their flexibility with that.

What distinguishes Prograils from other providers?

I'm very surprised by their English fluency and impressed with their willingness to find creative solutions. I worked with other teams that jumped when I told them to, without questioning me. Prograils specializes in figuring out what a problem is and how it can be fixed.

Any prospecting customer should focus on learning the process and on finding the tools that can help them. I came across Trello, which is a visual, agile application. Finding programmers who are OK with working in a visually oriented way is also important. It eliminates a lot of the going back and forth in the process. Given that a team may not be native English speakers, when discussing complex items, it's better to have a visual approach.

Is there anything Prograils could have improved or done differently?

Prograils are very good in terms of explaining how many hours they allocated and how much it cost me, but they're not so good in terms of giving estimates. I have told them this and they are improving themselves.

Rails Developed Site for Digital Publishing Startup

"There's always been a great dialogue between us, and we never had a problem with getting in touch with them [Prograils] whenever we had a question."

The client is a digital publishing startup that specializes in helping writers more effectively distribute their content. Limited technical capabilities and an aggressive project timeline required that the client find a partner to support the custom design and development of their website. Prograils was carefully vetted and then contracted to build and implement the client's site using Ruby on Rails, JavaScript and HTML5.

Co-Founder at Peblish IVS (Digital Publishing)

The client expressed great appreciation for the work completed by Prograils. According to the client, their successfully developed website has received much praise and positivity from end-users. The client also indicated that very few defects have been reported since the launch of their site, which is a testament to the meticulous approach to agile development used by Prograils. The client recommends Prograils to others.

Our company sells news articles through the use of crowd funding. We started the company in June of 2015, with a period of fundraising. The company has been around since September, when the website was finalized.

I'm a co-founder of the company.

What business challenge were you trying to address with Prograils?

We needed a web platform that could support our business. Our goal is selling articles by means of crowd funding, where journalists are able to put up a pitch of their article ideas, and receive funding based on it. We had a very short time span for delivering the website. It was mainly done on money that we received from government funds with a short deadline, October 1st 2015. We needed to be live before that time, in order to test it and gain experience on how it was working, and be able to provide reports to the government funding agency.

The specifications were only ready in July. We needed a company that could make a minimum viable product version with a very pressed timeline. The website was secondary to delivering on time.

Please describe the scope of their involvement.

They developed the website using Ruby on Rails. The other companies that we approached mostly suggested building the site in WordPress. Having a website built from scratch with real programming, and not WordPress templates, seemed to make the most sense.

How did you come to work with Prograils?

We contacted different companies to see if they would be able to deliver the site on time, with the specifications that we had in mind. In web development, timing is typically a problem. Deadlines are often ignored or missed due to poor management or some kind of negligence.

Prograils was referred to me on the basis of the work they were doing for a different company. We contacted them along with a few other development firms. They were the first to claim that they could deliver what we needed on time, at a reasonable price. They had the right interest in the company and seemed honest in their approach. The choice was based on a good first impression and their prompt response featuring an actual implementation proposal.

The total cost was about $20,000.

The project was completed on the 20th of September [2015]. There were a few features that were not in place yet, but that was only a question of a few days' work.

The overall feedback that we have received has been positive. Users like the design, which is simple and easy to navigate. Opinions always differ, and there were a few suggestions of different approaches. The logic that Prograils used might not be the perfect one for some, but it was still solid. It’s also a reliable solution. We rarely get reports of malfunctions or defective elements.

We haven't had any major issues with Prograils. There are a few fixes that we still need them to implement, but there haven't been any major technical issues, breakdowns, or missing features.

How did Prograils perform from a project management standpoint?

They always delivered their work within the specified deadlines. We used Trello to follow the project and delegate tasks.

What distinguishes Prograils from other providers?

I don't have much experience with other developers, but they seem very flexible and reasonably priced. They know what they're doing and are good developers. There's always been a great dialogue between us, and we never had a problem with getting in touch with them whenever we had a question.

They've always been very responsive and easy to work with. Their developers have good heads on their shoulders and they come up with some very creative fixes and shortcuts. I would say their involvement has definitely improved the overall quality of the application we’re offering.

Is there anything Prograils could have improved or done differently?

Not that I can think of, no.

One deadline was a few days over, but they did a lot of work in a very short time. IT projects of this nature usually span more time than this one.
    There is a lot of value for the money we have spent.
    I would definitely recommend them.

Data Manipulation Tool for Strømberg & Sahl A/S

"Qualitatively, we've been impressed with their performance. They're very responsive to us and implement our feedback very well."

The client is a construction firm managing commercial and residential contracts. Due to limited internal capabilities, the client sought a qualified technology partner to design and develop a new transactional management system to better monitor and process their client projects. A close business associate explicitly recommended Prograils to the client. Once commissioned, Prograils assumed technical responsibility for the development and deployment of the client's custom solution.

Chief Financial Officer at Strømberg & Sahl A/S

The client remains very satisfied with the work completed by Prograils. According to the client, Prograils has been a tremendous asset in terms of transitioning them from their manual, Microsoft Excel-based system to their custom Web solution. Prograils was praised highly for their responsiveness and flexibility. The client maintains an ongoing relationship with Prograils and recommends them to others.

Please describe your company.

My organization is a construction company. We're the main contractors for professional clients like governments.

I'm the chief financial officer.

Could you describe the business challenge that you were trying to address with Prograils?

There was some internal workloads that needed to be updated. All our work had been done in Excel, and we had problems sharing the knowledge from one Excel sheet to another. We talked to Prograils about making this website so we could use it as a multiuser and then we could share all the information between the colleagues. It was actually more of a collaboration portal that we wanted, so that we could take the data we use and present it in an intuitive and structured way to our internal users.

Could you describe the scope of their involvement?

Our contribution was our existing Excel sheets and all of the data within them. I met up with the guys from Prograils in Poland, and we just went over the Excel sheets together. They presented ideas of what they could do, ways to manipulate and present the data, and then they made a mockup for it. We talked a little bit about it, and then they started the process by programming the system for us. It was a very smooth process for us.

What technologies were used?

They were using Ruby on RAILS for the most part.

How did you come to choose Prograils?

They were recommended to me by a business associate, who has made a similar program with them. She told me that they were cheaper than other options and had a great balance between value and experience.

Could you provide a general cost estimate for this engagement?

It was around $15,000 to $20,000.

Is this an ongoing project, or have you concluded your work together?

It is ongoing. They're adding some new features to the system now.

Do you have any statistics or metrics on the project?

I haven't seen the results yet because they haven't yet finished developing the solution. From what we can tell so far, our small demos have worked well, but we don't have a completed prototype yet. Only certain components have been developed and tested so far. Qualitatively, we've been impressed with their performance. They're very responsive to us and implement our feedback very well.

Have you encountered any issues from a project management perspective?

No. No problems so far. We're in constant communication with them, and they haven't missed any of our deadlines.

When working with Prograils, are there any areas in which you think they could improve?

Usually, I don't work with IT [information technology] companies, I'm a construction guy. I think the process was very smooth, and I think they were very good at conveying the ideas of how the system could work. I think overall, it was a very good process, and we keep going on to the system and getting new features every week, which is great.

Custom RAILS Development Management Consulting Firm

"They were very fast and they understood the concept of what I wanted. They really pay close attention to details and make great, insightful recommendations when they’re able to. We’ve greatly appreciated that."

The client is a management consulting and software development firm that provides a custom reporting solution for corporate executive boards. Due to limited internal capabilities, the client sought a qualified technology partner to design, develop, and deploy their custom tool. Prograils was one of a few potential vendors to receive inquiry and statement of work from the client, and they were chosen as the solution partner based on their demonstrated capabilities and previous experience. Once commissioned, Prograils assumed responsibility for building the client's custom solution, which involved the following: User requirements gathering, project scoping, wireframing and template design, custom functional development (ruby on rails), data preparation and migration, systems integration and configuration, information architecture, business logic validation, UI/UX and performance testing, training, maintenance, and support.

CEO & Founder at BoardReport

The client expressed great enthusiasm and appreciation for the work delivered by Prograils. According to the client, they've received overwhelmingly positive feedback from end-users of their successfully deployed solution. The client indicated that all specified functionalities were implemented on time and without issue. Prograils received further praise for their ability to provide strategic insights and process recommendations. The client recommends Prograils to others without reservation.

Could you briefly describe your organization?

I have a company that offers consulting services and specialized software solutions. We offer a proprietary solution that helps the management of small companies. The tool helps executives and board members make informed decisions through accurate reporting.

I am the founder and CEO.

Could you describe the business challenges that you were attempting to address when you first approached Prograils?

We needed some developers that could build out our custom application for us because we didn’t have the necessary expertise. I work in finance, so I couldn’t code anything myself. I was searching for a company to deal with the technical development. I got in contact with Prograils through a mutual business relationship. They came highly recommended.

Could you describe the scope of their involvement in greater detail?

They’ve designed a cloud-based application coded in Ruby on Rails. I had the original idea, the concept of the application, and I described it for them in great detail. They coded everything from scratch, based on my specs. I then tested the prototype, and we had a lot of discussions about how we could refine and improve its functionality and interoperability with other systems. They would then go ahead and implement those improvements.

How did you select Prograils as your partner for this endeavor?

Prograils was my very first contact, and I felt very confident about their capabilities, so I decided to go with them. I was originally introduced to them by a mutual business contact.

When was this project completed?

We started out in the summer of 2013. The application was developed from August of 2013, to January of 2014.

In terms of results, could you share any statistics, metrics, or user feedback you’ve received that would demonstrate the quality of their performance?

I don’t have a lot of statistics, but I have positive feedback from my customers, and they are very satisfied with the end product. That’s the only thing I can give you at this stage. I was very satisfied with their project management style they used. They used a tool where all items in the project were created as tickets. We could correspond on the Internet about each of the tickets, and I could follow the progress from beginning to end. They were extremely responsive and flexible with us. They answered both on evenings and weekends. They were very flexible, and we completed the deployment in the time period agreed, so that worked very well.

When working with Prograils, is there anything that you’d consider special about their approach or development methodology that distinguishes them from other vendors?

They were very fast and they understood the concept of what I wanted. I didn’t have to explain every detail; they had some business understanding on their end, too. They weren’t simply a bunch of coders and technical junkies, but business strategists and creative thinkers. They really pay close attention to details and make great, insightful recommendations when they’re able to. We’ve greatly appreciated that.

In retrospect, are there areas in which you think they could improve as service provider?

No. I don’t really have any areas in which they didn’t perform well. They were a relatively a new company when we began, so their procedures about service and maintenance plans had just been put in place. That would be the only area in which they could have improved, but it really didn’t affect the overall project or its success.

Overall Score I’m very satisfied with them. They were extremely responsive to our needs.
    We had some minor delays, but nothing major.
    I’ve only had positive experiences, so I wouldn’t have a problem with that.