Product development done right

We build amazing products with and impeccable quality.

Since 2006 we've curated half a dozen successful products from idea to an exit with no external funding. Our software consulting business followed our product success.

We bring top product management expertise and technical excellence. With the genuine interest in achieving your business goals, we're the best partner you could ever wish for.

2006

Programming & scripting
Application platform
Productivity & collaboration
Artificial Intelligence Focus

Lux Group, Audiomicro, Ubermedia, OpenX, Anova, Playboy, Kroger, TDBank, Nimble, Idealab, Breakmedia, Semantria

ChallengeU is the next generation e-learning platform that is already used in public schools of Canada and several large corporations. The latter use it for educating own employees. ChallengU provides access to all functionality from any device - you can even edit formulas from your iPhone. All content is organized in feeds for different classes and topics.

Paperless: document management system with character recognition (OCR)

Paperless is a document management system that works like google drive in terms of sharing, commenting and folder structure, but also provides OCR capabilities using ABBYY OCR engine. You can send scanned document by email, it is converted to searchable PDFs and routed to certain folder that is defined by configurable business rules.

Comprite ERP: repair business automation solution

CompRite, inc is an Oregon-based computer repair company. They have 5 locations in Oregon and Washington and required a single system where they can track everything - inventory, sales, invoices, repair progress. They also wanted reporting and simple accounting to be moved to the system.

Sales Application Development for German IT Services Company

“In the end, the results were very good.”

Aug. 2015 - Ongoing

IQRIA is developing a web-based customer support application which allowed agents to interact with customers live via chat. The team provided the API and is developing the solution on Node.js and SQL.

Munich, Germany
Tobias Weihofen
Founder, +results Pte. Ltd.

The solution is currently in beta phase, with IQRIA performing implementation and bug fixing. The application generates good results and has garnered interest from several clients. IQRIA focuses less on including additional features to their projects and more on refining those that were specified.

We develop solutions for local businesses to grow using online technologies. It started with web design, and we are moving more and more into applications, and that was one of the projects that IQRIA developed.

I’m the founder and CEO.

What business challenge were you trying to address with IQRIA?

I had a vision of how to help a client of mine. The project came from a request that a client made, to have his whole sales team answer live chats coming in from the website. They don’t have a call center, and their sales team is mostly on the ground, but they still wanted the opportunity to help visitors in real time wherever they are. That was the whole idea and the project that I started with IQRIA.

The scope was basically all of the server scripts that have to be run by the application that is integrated into the website. They provided an API to transfer all of the data into it, and then everything after that was done by them. That includes the widget, server set-up, all the testing, and implementing of the functionality. The system mostly runs on Node.js and uses SQL for the database. The API is the open interface, so the actual website where my clients are setting it up is done on PHP.

How did you come to work with IQRIA?

I’ve been using Elance for maybe three to four years now, and I haven’t had the best experience. So this time I only selected firms from Eastern Europe rather than Asian countries. I looked at their portfolio, and I asked them to give me some references, some former clients to talk to. I reached out to those clients, got feedback, and conducted extensive interviews with IQRIA. After that, I felt I was in a good position to make that decision.

It was in the range of $3,000 to $10,000.

The work took about seven weeks. We started back in August of this year [2015], and went to about mid-September. We’re working on phase two now.

We’re in the beta phase right now. It’s not publicly available yet, but I do have interest from clients, and we’re putting it on their website. IQRIA is also constantly checking on any bugs themselves, because they are using this solution themselves. In the end, the results were very good, and we’re already working on phase two.

How did IQRIA perform from a project management standpoint?

They use JIRA for tracking, and they’re very professionally set-up in the backend.

What distinguishes IQRIA from other providers?

The reason I chose to work with IQRIA is that they understand and embrace the lean startup methodology, which was a first for me. It might seem counter-intuitive that they focus on delivering less features, but those features are quality, rather than trying to upsell a client on all the additional features that they can think of. That makes it very honest.

Is there anything IQRIA could have improved or done differently?

They’re a small team. I was talking to Constantine, who is basically the CTO, rather than talking to the developers themselves. That was fine for me, but I’m not sure how scalable that model is going to be for them. That might be an area where they could improve, in terms of expanding the team.

One constructive piece of feedback would be to give all their clients access to JIRA. I requested it, so that I can access any bug reports and add my own comments. It may be helpful for them to set that up for all clients.

Overall Score I’m continuing to work with them. During the project, I got the feeling that they were my team rather than a vendor. The experience was really nice.
    The challenge was that I negotiated hard for a fixed price project, and they had unexpected challenges with APIs not being able to handle big volumes of data going through them. They had to develop their own APIs, and that delayed the project a bit.
    I already have

Agile Application Development for Bootstrap Startup

“I would say overall they did an impressive job.”

IQRIA developed an MVP of an appointment scheduling app. The app allowed customers to book appointments with physicians based on the former’s preferences and the latter’s availability.

Perth, Australia
Tony Fitzgerald
Founder, Health and Wellness Startup

IQRIA delivered an MVP that performs according to the specifications. The team maintained open communication throughout the development and provided excellent customer support after the application was completed. Furthermore, the development was clean, with only a few bugs which were quickly fixed.

Please provide a description of your company.

We are a bootstrapping startup that helps massage therapists retain their clients through automated rebooking systems.

What is your role at the company?

I am co-founder and responsible for the specifications of our technology, and getting it built by the right developers.

What was the business challenge that you were trying to address when you approached IQRIA?

One of our biggest challenges, as a bootstrapped startup, is to have quality development at affordable prices and to have a developer who you can communicate with readily to understand our product and develop it in a lean methodology, rather than traditional full-scale development.

What were your company’s business goals for the project?

Our goal was to develop an MVP [minimum viable product] at an affordable price that we could take to market to generate income and gain feedback so that we could then know what to develop in our scalable product.

Can you talk about the scope of the project?

We needed a product to record available times for therapists on a calendar interface and then email these available appointments to clients with matching preferences of day, time, and service. The client could then simply click in the email to secure the appointment they wanted, finally both the client and the clinic would receive notification in a confirmation email.

What was your process for selecting IQRIA with which to work?

IQRIA applied to a job posting we listed on one of the large sourcing sites. IQRIA stood out from the rest of the applications in their professionalism, and how they approached the job listing. When I contacted them, Konstantin [Mirin, CEO at IQRIA] took a lot of time to understand what we were trying to build, and produced a few mockups for us as a part of his bid. This was well beyond any of the other competing applications, and we were very impressed with both his dedication and his grasp of what we were trying to build.

Can you give a sense of the size of the project in dollar terms or personnel work hours?

The full project we were trying to develop was around $20,000, but this was way outside of our pre-revenue budget. IQRIA worked with us, and ended up developing an MVP [minimum viable product] for us, which costed only $4,000. We were ecstatic about this solution.

When was the project completed?

The project was completed in December 2014.

What were the results of the project, and are there any metrics you can share?

The project was a success. IQRIA delivered a very robust and impressive MVP that we are now preparing for taking to the marketplace with landing pages. It was delivered on time and close to budget.

How did IQRIA perform?

IQRIA performed extremely well. They were very open to communication, listened closely to what we wanted in the scope of the project, and delivered well above expectations. Any bugs, of which there weren’t many at all, were quickly fixed. For handover, IQRIA worked with me closely to ensure I could manage the system myself and looked after me with fantastic customer service.

When working with them, was there anything unique or special about them compared to other companies that you may have worked with?

I would say the time and effort and personal connection with Konstantin as he works to come up with a solution that fits the scope of the project while conserving budget is something you can’t find very easily.

Looking back on the project, is there any area that they could improve or you would do differently?

I would say overall they did an impressive job, and there really isn't too much I would change.

ChallengeU Web Development

"They really are attentive to making things the right way."

IQRIA provided front-end JavaScript development for the company. The team was brought in for their impressive engineering and problem-solving skills, and the partnership has been going on for about two years.

Montreal, Canada
Ilian Hristov
CTO, ChallengeU

The attention to detail has reflected on the exceptional quality of work the team has provided. IQRIA provided timely and professional service, and also a level of expertise that went beyond the client's own development teams for a fraction of the cost.

Please provide a description of your company.

We are a platform for content creation and sharing between teachers and students. We have currently have more than 100,000 students using our product here in Canada. It’s been about three years since we started the company.

What is your role and responsibilities?

I’m the CTO. I’ve been managing our development teams since the founding of the company as well as our outsourcing partners in Ukraine.

What was your goal for working with IQRIA?

We were searching for talent and expertise in JavaScript. We had some very high-tech problems that no one on my team had any experience with. We brought them on first to figure out the problems we had, and then to fix them. Since we first started working with them, I've remained very impressed with IQRIA's engineering skills. We’ve partnered with them for about two years now.

It was mostly front-end JavaScript development. From the beginning, we didn't just want to send them a project that they would deliver to us in a month or two. We wanted them working with our developers closely, so we could remain very involved with their work. This has worked spectacularly, and I continue to be impressed and completely satisfied with the development their doing for us.

What was your process for selecting IQRIA with which to work?

I wasn’t necessarily searching for a firm to outsource to, but I was browsing several online JavaScript forums, and I noticed that this team was talking about some very technical issues that not many people even knew about. It’s very hard to find a team that has precise expertise on JavaScript and front-end technologies. A quick chat with one of their developers was enough to convince me that they were the real deal.

So far its been somewhere between $100,000 and $200,000.

What were the results of the project?

The quality is exceptional. I’ve never seen such attention to detail and quality  ̶  ever. Most companies just try to get the project out. We really want consistent quality in our work, and they have helped push us even further in terms of standardizations and programming patterns.

Do you have any statistics or metrics to track improvement from the project?

None that I can share at this time.

Their professionalism and expertise. You rarely find the level of enterprise professionalism that they offer. They really are attentive to making things the right way. When you’re working on very complex and very large projects, you have no margin for error, it has to be absolutely perfect. This is one of the first teams I’ve seen that has this level of professionalism. I would hire their whole team if it was a possibility. They are the best I've ever worked with.

I don’t have anything negative to say.

Bright Ideas Web Development

"Their quality of work is phenomenal... they exceeded my expectations on all levels."

IQRIA designed and developed a new website for the client that included several complex applications by creating a unique user experience.

San Diego, California
Alex Kamergorodsky
CEO, Bright Ideas Lighting Solutions

The website's development took three months, but the result has been positive. IQRIA was responsive, and they have provided quality work in a competitive pricing. The team will be working on a mobile app development for Android and iOS that will control the brightness of LED panels.

Please provide a description of your company.

I run a company that provides commercial LED lighting solutions. We custom design LED solutions, and then have a calculator that shows customers how much money our LED options will save them. We work primarily with large commercial companies, and are based in San Diego.

What is your role and responsibilities?

I’m the founder and CEO.

What was your goal for working with IQRIA?

We were looking for a team that could build us a complete site, with some fairly complex applications. As part of our business, we developed an algorithm that calculates savings. We wanted to build this into the site and add some unique user features. For example, after you fill out the necessary fields, it will email you a custom PDF report of the cost depending on the inputs. The calculator allows you to pick bulbs by picture and provide relevant details about your business. It also links that to our CRM [customer relationship management] system, so we can follow up with the potential customer by email.

They designed and developed the whole website and, while they didn’t create the actual algorithm for the calculator, they coded it and added it to the website. They went beyond my expectations for the calculator by creating a unique user experience.

What was your process for selecting IQRIA with which to work?

I had a prior relationship with the owner of IQRIA [Konstantin Mirin]. I reached out to him, and told him what we wanted. He said he could provide it to us at a really great rate. That's all there was to it.

I can't give you an exact number, but they charged $40 an hour on average, which is phenomenal. We're really happy with the cost of the project.

What were the results of the project?

The website project took about three months, and the results have been fantastic. We plan on using them to build a mobile app for Android and iPhone that will control the brightness of LED panels soon.

Their quality of work is phenomenal. We’ve gotten a lot of compliments on our website and our savings calculator. It’s been only a pleasure working with them. They’ve provided a ton of support and overall guidance. I would say they exceeded my expectations on all levels.

I don’t have a single negative thing to say about them. We’re going back to them for all of our coding needs.

Have your stuff ready to go. You're always going to be the one that holds the project up. They're extremely responsive and work very quickly.

I’ve referred them to probably 20 people already. I would refer them to anybody, especially those on a tighter budget.