Digital marketing experts

Pertinence Media is a team of experts committed to delivering high-quality digital marketing solutions for eCommerce, retailers and B2B businesses.

We specialize in innovative digital solutions that improve the way organizations acquire and connect with customers.

Montréal, Canada
  • 9315 avenue de l'Esplanade
    Montréal, QC H2N 1V8

Discount car and truck rentals

John Deere

Flordeco

Rolland papers

Digital Marketing for an Agricultural Company

"No matter what they do or what tool they use, they always meet the reality of my market."

Nov. 2016 - Ongoing

Pertinence Media manages paid advertising campaigns and consults on organic outreach. They’ve introduced an analytical approach with tools like Google Data Studio and SweetIQ, and handle social media.

Quebec, Canada
Robert Loignon
Marketing Manager, JLD-Laguë

Online reviews and rankings have improved and are easy to access. Pertinence Media provides regular, in-depth updates and is pro-active in suggesting new avenues for collaboration and progress. Their knowledge of various industries is rare, and they inspire confidence from the start.

I’m the Marketing Manager at JLD-Laguë, a John Deere dealer.

What challenge were you trying to address with Pertinence Media?

We wanted to properly address the digital market because if we tried to do it ourselves, we wouldn’t know how to invest properly and would have to spend even more money starting over again. I wanted to start by spending properly so I would achieve my goals and conversions faster. That’s why I hired a firm as a partner.

They manage all of our paid campaigns. They looked at our market, our objective, and our needs, and where we wanted to go. Based on that information, they decided where we should start and the pace that we should go at to obtain our main goals. They also determined what social media or what digital strategy we should start with and move forward on. Pertinence Media looked at our AdWord's strategy and quickly realized that, during the night, we were spending a lot of our AdWord money on something that we didn’t sell that much of – it wasn’t our main market. They help us realign our same budget but with a better efficiency.

They’ve also identified which social media platforms we should be focusing on. Let’s say that we wanted to go with Twitter, but as of today, we're still not into Twitter because it's not the audience that we need. We need to focus more on LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, and our YouTube channel. They even help us get the right banner at the right place in the right section on classified websites. They transitioned us to SweetIQ, so we can see all the listings for our company on Google, Bing and Yahoo, and they introduced us to Google Data Studio.

We work with a team of four people including the Owner.

How did you come to work with Pertinence Media?

The owner was always popping up on my LinkedIn or my social media, and I also had a connection that knew him. I started looking at him and saw that he was very involved, and had an interesting, nice approach, so I contacted him.

We’ve been working together since November 2016.

We’re up to 164 reviews and a 4.1 rating on Google right now. With the most recent campaign, we’ve gotten pull and traffic that we've never seen before. We have people walking in the store and saying that they saw our offers, but they’re from far away regions, where newspapers or specialized magazines don't make it out to.

We’ve also realized that with all these digital efforts, our closing rate is very bad. They made us realize that we don't need to invest more in digital right now - we have to invest in getting out salesmen to close because the pull is there. All their work in Google Data Studio and with dashboards let me see the traffic on our site and the status of our pages, so if one is down, I can recognize it quickly. They’ve also given us an awareness of what’s going on and what people are thinking of company.

How did Pertinence Media perform from a project management standpoint?

Even though I manage our organic campaigns myself, they train, teach, and support those people. Based on what I see them doing with those organic team members, I don’t feel the need to monitor everything they’re doing on the paid side. They even say I should ask more questions, but I’m just so confident in them.

My staff is working with them by email, but we also have bi-weekly three-hour meetings on Google Hangouts to discuss what’s going on, what’s ending when, and what’s going to start next. I like to communicate by phone the most, so I push for calls and hangouts, for the most part.

They understand my business and my need. No matter what they do or what tool they use, they always meet the reality of my market. I’m doing some retail, but I mostly do agricultural, construction, and commercial business, so they have to know all of those markets. After we brought them on, we quickly realized that having someone that really understands our needs way much better than what we had been doing.

I can’t say that they need to do something better, because they’re ahead of me. They’re pushing to me to get into marketing automation, but it’s not a priority for me right now, but they’re very proactive.

Be honest with them and tell them the truth when you're into the negotiation phase. Don’t try to hide your real goals or objectives – they’re not going to get out to other companies. If you’re not open with them, they’ll just be working blind, and every week and day they’ll be trying to understand you properly.

Digital Marketing for Flooring & Decoration Company

“They know what they are doing.”

Dec. 2017 - Ongoing

Pertinence Media deploys targeted social media marketing and digital advertising campaigns promoting flooring products. They also help with SEO strategy, including keyword management.

Amélia Fournelle
Assistant Marketing & Operations, FlorDeco

Increased brand awareness and user engagement speak to their social media proficiency. Pertinence Media is proactive about finding solutions and transparent about progress. They are a helpful and collaborative team.

I am the assistant marketing and operations manager of FlorDeco, a chain of 45 floor and decoration stores.

What challenge were you trying to address with Pertinence Media?

We didn’t have a strong presence online.

Pertinence Media helps us with social media marketing, proposing different campaign types for our approval. They put together a monthly calendar for Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest, while I provide pictures and other content.

Pertinence is also helping us with SEO. Since we have an old website, it will be some time before that yields results. For the moment, they are showing us some tricks that we can do to improve our SEO. They’ve been responsible for the strategy work around managing keywords. Given that we are the specialists, we’ve given them a list of keywords, out of which they determined the ones that were working.

They also help us with Google AdWords, making changes on a daily basis to ensure that our campaigns perform well. They are also working on display advertising and remarketing based on our existing customer list.

I’ve had one main contact for social media work and another for AdWords and Facebook Ads campaigns. I am also working with Alexandre (Founder and President, Pertinence Media), who’s been available whenever I have a question.

How did you come to work with Pertinence Media?

I received a reference from our marketing consultant, who had worked with Alexandre in the past. We also reviewed several companies.

The cost of their services has been around $20,000, not including ad spend.

We started working with Pertinence in December 2017. The collaboration is ongoing, and it’s going well.

Customers have mentioned finding us on Facebook, so Pertinence’s work has definitely had an impact. I can’t provide exact numbers, but we’ve grown a lot through their work.

How did Pertinence Media perform from a project management standpoint?

Pertinence leads the overall projects. They always provide detailed reports and give me access to Google Analytics. We communicate via email and phone calls. Alexandre is easy to talk with, giving me good answers whenever I have a question regarding metrics or anything else. We find it easy to work with their team.

Pertinence is a proactive group and always finds new solutions. They know what they are doing.

I have nothing negative to say about them at this time. We have a good relationship.

Overall Score No one is perfect.
    Everything has been perfect in the last month.
    They’ve always worked fast.