Parliament is a brand-focused design agency.

Bronze

From big-picture strategy to creative execution, Parliament partners with companies to develop their brands, products and services. Enterprise businesses love how we extend their internal teams' flexibility and horsepower. Growing businesses benefit from our 10,000ft perspective and rubber-meets-road execution. And, of course, everybody likes our bureaucracy-busting approach to collaboration.

2007
Portland, OR
  • 425 E Burnside St
    Portland, OR 97214

Rainier Beer, Capital One, Rivian, Leupold + Stevens, Olympia Beer, Dynastar, Nike, Prometheus, Pabst Brewing Company, Icon Motosports

Brand Identity & Website for Electric Car Company

“I’ve worked with a lot of brand agencies, and Parliament provided one of the best working relationships I’ve had yet.”

May 2017 - May 2018

Parliament revamped a brand identity to focus on a futuristic transportation lifestyle in the Pacific Northwest. They built a new website and produced a short video.

Plymouth, Michigan
Rob Williams
Former Chief Creative Officer, Rivian

Their efforts boosted site traffic and generated leads. Unlike other agencies, Parliament understood internal objectives for a brand identity redesign and succeeded in satisfying requirements. Professional and proactive, they adhered to a short timeline.

I was the chief creative officer at Rivian, an electric vehicle startup primarily focused on SUVs and trucks. I was responsible for our brand and automotive designs.

What challenge were you trying to address with Parliament?

My company hired Parliament to provide branding services. We wanted to shift the direction in which our company was going to be more of a Pacific Northwest lifestyle brand. In particular, we wanted the brand to reflect the future of transportation, such as self-driving cars.

Parliament helped us redefine our brand identity. They underwent a lengthy discovery process, during which they analyzed why Rivian existed and what we wanted to provide to the world. Then, they built a new website that was more in line with our brand identity. Finally, Parliament produced a short video that they linked to the site.

We worked with a team that ranged from 5–12 people. This included Chris (Founder and Creative Director, Parliament), account managers, graphic and motion designers, and copywriters. For the video production work, Parliament hired subcontractors to do the voiceovers and music.

How did you come to work with Parliament?

My company had an agency of record in Chicago, but they didn’t fit our brand or company goals. We looked at around five agencies across the US, and none of them understood our vision. Prior to joining Rivian, I’d worked at a multinational athletic apparel and equipment company, and it was in this context that I knew Parliament. We asked them for a quote, and they comprehended the brand we wanted to create.

Rivian spent around $275,000.

The project lasted about a year, from May 2017–May 2018.

After Parliament rebranded our company and created a new website, we experienced higher site traffic and lead generation.

How did Parliament perform from a project management standpoint?

Project management was excellent. Parliament’s team was very professional and timely; my team caused any scheduling issues. I’ve worked with a lot of brand agencies, and Parliament provided one of the best working relationships I’ve had yet.

They understood the lifestyle brand that we wanted to establish. Parliament didn’t have considerable expertise in futuristic vehicles, but they were incredibly knowledgeable about branding. We were struck by their ability to study future demographics and tie those into their work.

I didn’t think so. They did a great job doing what we asked of them.

They were incredibly involved and proactive, so I don’t have any advice on how to get the most out of the partnership. The whole team gave 110%.

Overall Score They established healthy tension to find the best answers.
    They never missed a deadline, even though the schedule was tight.
    Their costs were fair, especially considering the amount of time they put into the projects and what we asked of them.
    They adhered to tight timelines and internal feedback from the company’s founder. They reacted to different situations well.

Branding Services for Cannabis Edibles Producer

“We’ve been impressed by their strategic thinking and planning.”

May 2019 - Ongoing

Parliament is building a brand strategy. A discovery phase included brand identity analysis and stakeholder interviews. They will eventually develop the mission, vision, and values and create content.

Clackamas, Oregon
Christopher Joseph
President, WYLD

Although the project is only about halfway completed, Parliament’s work is expected to strongly influence the brand’s future and drive opportunities for expansion. Deliverables are thorough and on time. The team is unique in their approach to long-term, strategic brand planning.

I’m the president of WYLD, a cannabis edibles producer. We sell THC and CBD products.

What challenge were you trying to address with Parliament?

We hired Parliament to help us with branding.

Parliament is helping us structure our brand strategy. We’re about halfway through the project. Currently, they’re analyzing our company to help us determine our brand identity. They have interviewed the other owners of the company and me. We’ve been discussing our vision, brand, and what we’d like to see out of their work. Parliament will be using this information to further develop our mission, vision, and values, and some general content surrounding those areas.

We consistently work with 4–5 Parliament team members.

How did you come to work with Parliament?

We were seeking an agency that could help us with long-term brand planning, and my friend referred us to Parliament.

The contracted proposal was around $50,000. We paid a retainer of $10,000.

The collaboration began in May 2019, and the work is ongoing.

Our work together is very new, but the brand strategy that Parliament develops will guide our company’s future. Their work will also help our holding company better structure their marketing so that they can eventually take on more brands.

How did Parliament perform from a project management standpoint?

Their deliverables have been well-detailed and on time. We have meetings to brainstorm, pitch ideas, and ask questions.

We’ve been impressed by their strategic thinking and planning. Unlike other design agencies I’ve come across, Parliament considers long-term brand strategy and growth.

Everything they’ve done for us has been great. Parliament should consider updating their website; when referred to them, we found that their site didn’t have much of their current work nor provide a good sense of their capabilities.

The more honest you are, the more Parliament can help. The work that we’re doing with them speaks truthfully about our brand and vision.

Overall Score They’re great to work with.
    They’ve delivered what they said they would while adhering to our schedule.
    For the work they’re doing, their costs are very reasonable.
    We plan to do more projects with them.

Branding for Optics Manufacturer

“They’re a dynamic group that thinks strategically.”

Aug. 2018 - Ongoing

Parliament provides marketing and branding support. They developed separate product catalogs for retailers and consumers. Now, they’re reconceptualizing brand guidelines and evolving an ad campaign.

Beaverton, Oregon
Brand Creative Manager, Optics Manufacturer

Internal stakeholders are pleased with Parliament’s performance and deliverables. Customers can expect a small, client-centric agency that is personally committed to driving success and maintaining a strong partnership.

I’m a brand creative manager at an optics manufacturer.

What challenge were you trying to address with Parliament?

My company hired Parliament to create and produce some of our marketing materials. I’m responsible for the creative team that develops our collateral and does all of our advertising, and we needed help with overflow work.

First, Parliament worked with my team to conceptualize and create our complete 2019 product catalog and guide, which we give to retailers to help them understand our products and their features. We then followed the same process to create a seasonal consumer catalog and guide. Parliament contributed various storytelling components, which led to several rounds of conceptualization before the final delivery of the design files.

Currently, Parliament is helping us develop new brand guidelines. They're streamlining our brand and product identities, tone, and voice. They’re also analyzing our current creative campaign so that they can evolve it in the future.

My team engages with five Parliament team members, including a designer, a copywriter, an account manager, and strategists.

How did you come to work with Parliament?

We looked at a few local agencies and ultimately chose Parliament.

Our partnership began in August 2018, and it is ongoing. Parliament completed the retailer and consumer catalog projects, and they’re still working on the brand guideline and ad evolution work.

We don’t have any discernible KPIs, but they’ve been great to work with. They’re a dynamic group that thinks strategically.

They’ve been good.

Smaller agencies like Parliament seem more personally invested in the success of the project. Parliament is invested not only in the deliverables but also in our relationship.

Our projects have gone smoothly. I think they’ve done what they needed to do.

Make sure you have a point person on your side to work with Parliament’s point person.

Schedules always change, but Parliament keeps us on track to meet deadlines.
    Their costs are right where they need to be.
    They push projects forward and do what they can to ensure that everything is delivered on time.
    I’d recommend them for design work and strategic thinking.

Web Development for Motorcycle Apparel Company

“I give Parliament my full recommendation. I couldn't have asked for anything better.”

May 2015 - Mar. 2016

Parliament designed and developed interconnected websites for three brands owned by the same company. They built the pages on a multiplatform Craft CMS fully from scratch.

Portland, Oregon
Ryan Miller
Art Director, Icon Motorsports

Parliament satisfied client expectations to the highest degree by delivering a fully functional deliverable that has catalyzed a marked improvement in critical KPIs. The new website attracts a greater amount of user information and subscriptions. The team is pleasant, collaborative, and insightful.

Icon Motorsports is an internationally distributed motorcycle apparel brand. We design our lines to appeal to the most at-risk group of riders out there, namely people who don't normally wear protective gear. As the art director, my responsibilities include our website and producing all our marketing content.

What challenge were you trying to address with Parliament?

We hired Parliament to create our new consumer-facing website.

Parliament handled both the design and development for our company’s website.  They programmed the platform from the ground up on a Craft CMS.

At the time of launch, we carried three interconnected brands: our Icon brand, a premium apparel line, and an adventure sport riding brand. All three sites needed to communicate within one CMS, which was the most challenging aspect of the project.

It was difficult to find a vendor that could handle the amount of work we needed to complete, but Parliament was capable of creating multisite functionality within one CMS.

How did you come to work with Parliament?

I was tasked with finding an agency that could handle our project. I’d heard about Parliament in the past and saw them during my research, so I reached out to learn more about their exact capabilities.

Our first meeting gave me the sense that our companies had a similar vision and style of working. We felt that Parliament was the best suited to handle this job.

The total cost was about $120,000 for the main project. Beyond that, we've probably spent an additional $10,000– $20,000 with Parliament on updating and adding new features to our website.

I initially contacted Parliament in May 2015 and our first project lasted through the fall of 2016 when we launched our website.  Throughout the years, we have worked with them several different times. They've mainly updated our website and added new features.

We monitor a couple of metrics to measure progress, but our brand is unique because it's not an e-commerce website. I assume we judge success differently than most clients, since we don't have revenue coming in and out of our website.

The main KPIs we track relate to user information. We have definitely seen an uptick in our subscription rates and new user information that we didn't have previously.

Parliament is a team of amazing people. They offered useful insights into the ideas we proposed. I feel like we formed some really nice friendships out this engagement, as well.

How did Parliament perform from a project management standpoint?

Parliament is great at communicating with us. They keep us informed about what's going on when we're not there. We always know what specific work they're accomplishing.

The reason we chose Parliament is that their passions were in line with our own. They love the outdoors and adventure, and they want to take risks.  They demonstrated many strengths we value in our office, as well.

Off the top of my head, I can't really think of anything.

I give Parliament my full recommendation. I couldn't have asked for anything better. They did an amazing job on our website. Personally, they were great people to work with and I found them very professional.  I would continue to work with them if given the chance.

Overall Score We worked really well together. I'm glad we didn't use any other company for this job.
    The project took a bit longer than expected, but that wasn't their fault; we requested some additional features.
    They delivered everything that we asked for and never pushed back on things we felt passionate about.

Bronze