It isn't cool if it doesn't perform.

Page Zero is known first and foremost for our deep PPC expertise. We "wrote the book" on AdWords, and since that book was first published in 2005, our thought leadership and performance-based culture have driven clients' business growth in this challenging but high ROI channel.

2001
Toronto,
  • Page Zero Media
    49 Spadina Ave., Suite 206
    Toronto M5V 2J1
    647.776.8019

Well.ca, Appliance Parts Pros, Princess Auto, Direct Energy, Nuts.com, Postmedia Digital, Capital One USA, CanyonTours.com, National Funding, Wave Accounting, Canon, HomeStars, Merrithew, and more. Not all of our clients are big companies, but whether they're an internationally recognized brand, a profitable family business, or a fast-growing startup, our seasoned account managers dedicate themselves to the client relationship and to driving results.

PPC for Kitchen Supplies Business

"They’re extremely knowledgeable, honest, and forthcoming with ideas."

Aug. 2016 - Ongoing

Page Zero provides PPC advertising services that focus on seasonal trends in e-commerce. Metrics include Google AdWords, Google Shopping, and Bing marketing tools. Additional services are available.

Reid Williams
E-Commerce Manager, Williams Food Equipment

Impressive performance and strategic implementation have generated consistently optimal ROIs. Accessible and responsive operations engender high trust levels, which have helped streamline ongoing processes. Expect value from range of services at reasonable price points.

I’m the e-commerce manager at Williams Food Equipment, which sells high-end and brand name kitchen wares.

What challenge were you trying to address with Page Zero Media?

We needed a firm to replace our existing vendor’s PPC services. That company’s performance did not meet our expectations.

They handle all of our all of our PPC advertising on Google AdWords, Google Shopping, and Bing marketing services. The team operates according to the seasonality of our business by ramping up on AdWords during the holidays and then dialing it down after mid-January.

The process is very hands-off for our team. In addition to reading monthly reports, I assign them loose budgets and they work within those parameters.

They assigned me a project manager. I only work with him.

How did you come to work with Page Zero Media?

I searched for new firms and found their rates very reasonable by comparison. Subsequently, I spoke with Andrew, the founder, and thought he had clear and realistic expectations for performance. There was a real comfort factor in dealing with him, which I later experienced again with the project manager as well.

Work began August 2016 and is ongoing.

The team has done a remarkable job. Our PPC performance has improved greatly in short order and ROI is at a desirable level. These metrics only increased my trust in their performance. At first, I read their reports on a bi-weekly basis, but now I look at them once a month. As hoped, they’ve made the process very easy for me.

In addition to the main holiday season, they’re also good at identifying other crucial periods such as Valentine’s Day and Mother’s Day. Different strategies are in place for Father’s Day because that holiday doesn’t have the same traffic and conversion rates as Mother’s Day. Only a seasoned PPC marketing operation would have discovered that differential.

How did Page Zero Media perform from a project management standpoint?

They exceeded expectations with their responsiveness and accessibility. The project manager responds same-day or at least lets me know within that period if he needs more time for research to answer a question. While I only use them for PPC, I feel that I have access to the whole company. They open up their entire organization whenever we have questions about ways to help our business. The team also treats our budget respectfully by finding a good balance between their revenue generation and helping us stay profitable.

They’re extremely knowledgeable, honest, and forthcoming with ideas. The team is an excellent value and partner for e-commerce.

While we’ve had no negative experiences, it’s curious that they haven’t tried to sell us additional services. Frankly, given our comfort level with their team, we’re open to discussing other ways to improve our business.

SEM for Contractor Review Service

"We're the leader in our vertical. Page Zero has helped us obtain that leadership position."

Page Zero Media worked on SEO and SEM campaigns before extending the scope of their involvement to include other aspects of marketing, such as Facebook strategy.

Toronto, Canada
CEO, Contractor Review Service

Online traffic increased significantly thanks to Page Zero Media’s work. The agency’s extensive experience and skill allowed them to contribute to various aspects of marketing strategy. They excelled by staying on top of current trends and working directly to understand project needs.

We are a site where you can read and write reviews on home improvement companies, and contractors. I met Andrew [Goodman, president of Page Zero Media] back in the early founding days. We're a Canadian site and the leader now in our industry. We started in 2006. We have homeowners write the reviews. We have tools where we allow contractors to request the review but, ultimately, the consumer just writes it online. These are local opinions versus large amounts of people like TripAdvisor. Users can't write a review on a plumber in a city they don't live in.

I'm founder and CEO.

What business challenge were you trying to address with Page Zero Media?

Right from the early days, Andrew helped from an SEO [search engine optimization] and SEM [search engine marketing] perspective. Andrew was on the ground floor helping us set up the architecture.

How did you come to work with Page Zero Media?

It was a long time ago. At the time, I looked at a variety of companies. I think what Andrew brought was just hard work and his industry reputation, and he seemed to be so passionate about what we were trying to do. He's well known in Canada and worldwide. He's written a book called "Winning Results with Google Ad Words [sic]," chaired search conferences, and spoken on panels. He really knows his topics. His expertise makes their company go.

It was from $200,000 to $1 million per year. Andrew acts as an advisor, too. It's not something on which he charges a fee. He has options to work with many people, but likes us.

It's ongoing work. They're actually working with us on a Facebook strategy now – that's what's awesome. It's not just Google and Yahoo. They're looking at broader digital marketing. They're a real full-service company. We've worked on user experience and landing pages with various members of his team through the years. Currently, some of their junior staff are helping on the Facebook campaign that we're running. We've been with them several years.

It has been successful. We're the leader in our vertical. Page Zero has helped us obtain that leadership position. Our traffic has been on a steady growth rate of 40 to  50 percent annually.

How did Page Zero Media perform from a project management standpoint?

Page Zero is involved in handling various aspects of marketing and marketing support for us. What I like about Page Zero Media is they're really a partner and Andrew's been an integral part of our strategy and growth plan. They really have a breadth of expertise and depth.

They will assign somebody on the team who really has the depth to support any of our marketing needs because things are changing so quickly in technology and so is how we reach consumers and businesses.

An example is the way we set up our categorization of types of work and landing pages – the architecture of URLs. These are all things that needed to be considered to make ourselves the most searchable and doing it in such a way that was staying in the exact sandbox. We never did any tricks to try to gain search engines. It was all about doing the right thing. We want to help homeowners who use search engines, so it was important we were operating above board and honestly to reach people who needed us.

What distinguishes Page Zero Media from other providers?

They're a team that doesn't outsource. They work directly with their clients. They're going to be very upfront if they can handle something or not. I think they're good at understanding the future and making sure that they are up to date on future trends and how people are finding companies and learning about what they need. They're very future forward. They've got a solid track record in SEO and SEM.

Is there anything Page Zero Media could have improved or done differently?

They work remotely now. We're starting to notice that when we collaborate in person it helps more. That would be the only thing I would say is it could be better to meet in person to solve more problems quickly and cooperatively.

I've recommended them many times.

PPC for Nuts Company

"It is a real testament to them that we worked together for 10 years. I'm not easy to please."

$1,000,000 - $9,999,999

2004 - 2014

Page Zero Media provided Google and Bing pay-per-click management services for a food company, with the goal of organizing their campaigns and optimizing their profitability.

CEO, Nut and Snack Retailer

Page Zero Media's work contributed to exponential growth throughout the engagement. The agency showed remarkable attention to detail and ensured exceptional quality assurance. They were skilled, responsive, and highly capable.

We are a third-generation family business. Our business comes through our website, and we have quite a loyal following. Through the years, we have grown to about 3,000 products ranging from nuts to dried fruit, seeds, chocolate, and spices. That is basically it in a nutshell.

What is your position and responsibilities?

I am the CEO.

What business challenge were you trying to address with Page Zero Media?

They really helped me to grow this business. We were a tiny company with not much revenue. I was one of the first companies that decided to focus on PPC [pay-per-click] on Google around 2004. Their CEO was an expert in the industry, so I wanted his help to manage our campaigns.

Page Zero Media provided pay-per-click management for Google and Bing. They needed to get my campaigns organized and profitable.

How did you come to work with Page Zero Media?

In 2002 or 2003, I read one of the first books out about advertising on Google, written by Andrew Goodman [the CEO of Page Zero Media]. I reached out to him and decided to engage in 2004.

We spend more than $1,000,000 annually.

For 10 years, they helped us grow our business, but we do not work with them right now. We brought our PPC management work in-house recently. Since we are larger, it makes more sense to manage these campaigns internally.

We ended up building a massive business and much of that was from paid search. We did it rationally and economically. We were so early in the game that it was much easier back then. While working with them our business grew by a factor of 40. They were not solely responsible, of course, but we did it very profitably.

I started doing online advertising in 1999, the atmosphere was brand new and not competitive, our cost-per-acquisition was quite low because it was so early on. In fact, I was paying five cents or one cent a click. What happened was that, through the years, things got more competitive and so our cost-per-acquisition actually went up, but we were still able to manage it very profitably.

What distinguishes Page Zero Media from other providers?

I know their team very well, and have spent a lot of time with them through the years. I am a tough guy to satisfy, and was managing this business myself. Then, I brought them on board to take on this area. It is a real testament to them that we worked together for 10 years. I'm not easy to please.

Page Zero Media pays great attention to detail. Andrew did not directly manage my account, but he was still very involved. He is a very smart man. He did not just toss us to some kid who did not know anything. He was very involved in bidding and performing the daily necessary minutiae, which is unusual these days.

Now, we are doing everything in house. But, again, they paid a great deal of attention to all the details. The account manager that we were working with at Page Zero loved his work. He was always on top of things, he would plow through the work, he was very responsive, and he had a vested interest in our business. Overall, it was a very good experience working with them.

Is there anything Page Zero Media could have improved or done differently?

At the beginning of this industry, a lot of the work was done by humans without automated bidding tools. They just sort of experimented. I am sure they use automated bidding tools now, but it would have been nice to utilize some of those tools when we partnered together.

SEM for Online Poster Retailer

"Page Zero Media is deep into the understanding of the science behind the PPC and the metrics."

Page Zero Media provides ongoing search engine marketing services, including Google AdWords management. The agency also handles advertising campaigns on Facebook.

Toronto, Canada
Owner, Online Poster Retailer

Since Page Zero Media’s engagement began, all relevant metrics have improved, including conversions, growth, and cost per acquisition. Their careful research and analytical approach produce excellent results. The agency is surprisingly affordable considering their expertise and skill.

We're an online photo printer. People go to our website, upload their personal photos, print them off and ship it to them.

I am the owner.

What business challenge were you trying to address with Page Zero Media?

We need to generate traffic to our website and convert them into sales.

There's no SEO [search engine optimization] work involved. They only provide search engine marketing work for the most part. It's been Google AdWords for most of the time we're using them. We've started using them to do advertising campaigns on Facebook as well.

How did you come to work with Page Zero Media?

They came as a recommendation through my business mentor. We went through a process of looking at different companies but they seemed like a good fit for us. I think there's a lot of smoke and mirrors in this industry.

There's also a lot of large shops that will forget small companies like us. We were just starting out so we didn't want to get lost in the shuffle of being with one of the larger companies. It's been a good fit for us. They've grown and we've grown together.

It was $50,000 to $200,000 per year.

It's ongoing work. We've been working continuously for the past five years.

It's been successful. I don't have any specific stats right now. Conversions are steadily going up. We've been able to drive our cost per acquisition steadily down. There's been growth every single year corresponding to the growth in the business. It keeps pace with the growth we're getting from other channels. We've been able to grow the company.

How did Page Zero Media perform from a project management standpoint?

I think they take a pretty analytical approach to things. Page Zero Media is deep into the understanding of the science behind the PPC [pay-per-click] and the metrics. They're constantly tweaking when there's enough volume there.

What distinguishes Page Zero Media from other providers?

They've got a good amount of monitoring going on with the account. I think their prices are fair. You get good value by having someone manage the account with their amount of expertise as opposed to trying to do it yourself or trying to go with a larger company where they're mostly just working with automated technology.

Is there anything Page Zero Media could have improved or done differently?

We get a monthly report from them. Some clients would want more frequent reporting. I think it's fine for us but a larger company might want to see weekly reports.

I have recommended them.