Web and Mobile Development Company in Boston, Ma

Our team of development specialists will help you every step of the way. From initial concept to workflow design, usability, coding, and deployment, we provide the full range of services required to ensure your project's success. Because our staff has broad business experience in a wide range of industries working for companies of all sizes, we are able to add value by quickly understanding your business needs and helping you to choose the right technology solution.

We're often able to make suggestions and recommendations that help our clients to achieve their business goals. Our pragmatic development approach ensures that the project moves along rapidly saving you time and money. We place a premium on client interaction and strive to keep you informed and engaged during every step of the process so that you will always know your project's status and will be able to provide feedback as it progresses. We're able to work on a time and materials or a fixed price basis and have been successful working with clients with budgets of all sizes.If you have a project that's ready to kick-off, or are only in the planning stages, please contact us. We'd be happy to discuss it with you to understand how we can help.

Newton, MA
  • 275 Grove Street Suite 2-400
    Newton, MA 02466
  • United States

Drupal Development for Local Advertising Firm

"I’ve been happy with the team’s responsiveness and the relationship in general."

2011 - Ongoing

Outright Development serves as Drupal development partner for numerous third parties. For one project, the team consolidated several websites into one system on a Drupal CMS.

Boston, Massachusetts
Digital Director, Advertising Agency

The final products are durable and high quality. The team excels at each stage, from strategy to final delivery. Outright Development’s responsive service and helpful advice make them a reliable and trusted partner. Customers should balance onshore and offshore resources to maximize profitability.

I’m a senior partner and digital director at a full-service advertising and marketing agency.

What challenge were you trying to address with Outright Development?

We had a client with a complex inventory system and enterprise resource planning (ERP); we wanted to connect that with CMS. We needed and Drupal experts to launch a new website for this client. I needed a technology lead, a technology business analyst, and somebody to do the actual development work.

The projects are collaborative. Outright Development helps collect requirements and translate them into a plan. We’ve done two significant projects with them. For the first, they had to act as a technical strategist and lead to collect all the requirements, extrapolate those into a roadmap, and then come up with a plan to execute on that roadmap. This project required the team to understand: the business needs, the operational needs, the client’s resource capacities, and the technical expertise and implementation.

For the second project, our client—in the tourism space—had an outdated website and multiple international sites that needed to be consolidated into one system. To complete a creative and cutting-edge design, Outright Development recreated their backend into one system on a Drupal CMS that fed many international sites. They also helped translate content into different languages. Outright Development acted as our technical lead as well as our technical implementation provider.

Chad (CEO, Outright Development) is our main point of contact.

How did you come to work with Outright Development?

We selected Outright Development because they had the same mindset that we do: exceptional delivery and high-quality products.

We started working together in 2011 and the work is ongoing.

We use Outright Development because they’re a reliable and trusted resource. The team has a high standard, creates amazing work, and collects sophisticated technical requirements in a professional manner. The longevity of the products is great; those sites are still on the backbone and backend of what we created together. Once we complete a project, our clients can enter a direct maintenance agreement with Outright Development. The vendor works with both clients from the two large projects. There’s no greater compliment than someone wanting to continue working with you.

How did Outright Development perform from a project management standpoint?

The team is responsive and consultative. I consider them a partner more than a vendor. They customize their workflows to our clients’ needs. We track work via Jira and Slack, and then communicate via email, Skype, and face-to-face meetings.

Their technical strategy is on par with the code for the final products. From strategy to execution, Outright Development does each step exceptionally well.

No. I’ve been happy with the team’s responsiveness and the relationship in general.

Be strategic and take advantage of both the onshore and offshore relationship. From a profitability standpoint, identify the project components to offshore.

App Development for ATM Service Provider

“Outright Development’s technical expertise and responsiveness made our project go very smoothly.”

July 2017 - Jan. 2018

Outright Development developed a mobile survey app for iOS with a paired website. The frontend features a system to dispatch maintenance requests while the backend database houses user input from questionnaires.

Norwood, MA
Tim Connors
IT Director, ISA-eCash

Outright Development delivered an impressively functional and adaptable end product. Both the project lead and internal stakeholders are pleased with the results. The team demonstrated a comprehensive range of technical knowledge and completed updates and bug fixes on tight turnaround times.

I work for a company called ISA-eCash that’s based in Massachusetts. I started off supporting a product they brought over from a different company called ATM Manager Pro. Since I arrived here, I've worked on many other projects.

What challenge were you trying to address with Outright Development?

The owners of our company wanted to create a new product called QwikPic. It’s a survey application for people who work in the field on ATMs.

Outright Development took care of the end-to-end development. Before my arrival, they held discussions with our company's owners to establish a clear definition of the requirements. My role was to follow through with the build and testing. Outright Development developed the iOS interface and backend servers to collect information and make it available in a web application. They also built multiple websites for different customers.

Through the platform, supervisors can dispatch employees to specific machines. Once maintenance workers access requests through the mobile app, it prompts them to answer a series of questions and take pictures of the ATM in question. All the information they submit is uploaded to a database hosted on AWS.

We’ve completed the iOS app and will probably build an Android version later on. After getting us fully set up, they helped us use Apple’s beta testing capabilities. As we continue testing, we’re getting the app to the point where it functions as desired. This process hasn't moved as quickly as our owners hoped, but that's no fault of Outright Development's.

I interfaced with Chad (CEO, Outright Development). After finalizing the specs with our company's principals, he worked with his developers to put our product together. By the time I received it, the app was about 80% complete. My tech background enabled me to understand the hosting aspects and liaise between their team and our company's leadership.

The project cost about $25,000–$50,000.

Our project lasted from July 2017–January 2018. At that point, the app was usable but hadn't been completely beta tested in the field due to internal constraints. We're taking action right now that should speed up the process. Our testing results indicate the product is secure and should be successful moving forward.

We're impressed with how well the application works. Both the iOS and website have a clear interface that’s easy to use. It's flexible enough for the nature of our surveys. We could always add more features, but the initial requirements are complete and running smoothly right now.

If I saw a bug or crash during testing, I’d alert the CEO, and the team would quickly resolve it. During the second phase, they rapidly completed modifications to the original design specs. They had fast turnaround times for subtle changes we requested and always met our deadlines.

How did Outright Development perform from a project management standpoint?

I worked exclusively with my main point of contact, the CEO. He was very responsive, especially when tasks dragged on from our side. Even when things expired in testing programs, he made necessary updates and took care of everything.

The head of finance managed the invoicing, so I'm not familiar with that process. I have no complaints, and our company's two owners are very satisfied with where we sit right now. With just one phone call or email, any problem gets solved.

Outright Development understood the environments they were working with completely. They made the entire process easy and put in consistent effort. We don't have much iOS or AWS knowledge in-house, but their level of expertise was top notch.

I was very impressed with how rapidly they completed significant updates. They were open to changes that would make most developers cringe. Their response time was tremendous for any of our questions or issues.

There's nothing to improve from my perspective. Outright Development’s technical expertise and responsiveness made our project go very smoothly.

The CEO could not have been more enjoyable to work with from a development and communication standpoint. Since I've been on board, everything has been outstanding.

Overall Score They were very helpful at getting our project going and taught me a lot about supporting a product that runs on iOS and AWS.
    From the point that I got on board, they turned work around very quickly.
    We're happy with what we've received. They offer a good effort for the amount of money we paid.
    I would 100% recommend them.

Web Development for Life Science Company

"We can always rely on them to deliver solutions that are well-vetted."

$1,000,000 - $9,999,999

Sept. 2014 - Ongoing

During an extensive engagement, Outright Development has provided initial e-commerce web development services on Drupal along with necessary functionality updates and data integration.

Boston Metro Area
Senior Data Architect, Research Firm

Outright Development exhibits a technical acumen that is unmatched by other firms, making them a reliable long-term partner. They are dedicated testers of their own work to ensure stability of the final product. The team is well-organized at all levels and offers thoughtful solutions.

I am the Senior Data Architect at a large life science company. Specifically, I work within a business unit that develops handheld instruments for chemical identification.

What challenge were you trying to address with Outright Development?

Over a span of eight or nine years, Outright Development has been responsible for a significant percentage of technical development on our website. They developed the site itself, rebuilt it when necessary, implemented upgrades, and oversaw data integration.

At the start of our engagement, we aimed to extend our customer support portal to include an e-commerce solution where customers could buy specific goods and services. Our website is targeted only toward users of products manufactured by the unit I work in, as opposed to the wide spectrum of products offered by our parent company and fellow properties.

Our website deploys a LAMP stack and leverages a Drupal CMS, which includes certain standard Drupal modules as well as some custom solutions. Using our site, customers can register their own personal account and gain access to support resources for our various products. As an example of a significant upgrade Outright Development helped with, I can point to our authentication service, where our data systems will verify that login credentials are valid. This allows users to seamlessly gain privileged access to the site.

We work with a project manager, a principal architect, and a group of five to 10 India-based developers.

How did you come to work with Outright Development?

My former manager, who has since left the company, found them eight or nine years ago. I am unsure of the search or selection processes, but at that time, we prioritized firms that had a demonstrated expertise in e-commerce solutions.

To this point, we’ve spent between $1 million-$5 million.

The project of developing our current website began in September 2014, but our overall engagement goes back several more years when we launched our initial website. We retain their services for several ongoing projects.

They are extremely conscientious about delivering tested solutions. We can always rely on them to deliver solutions that are well-vetted. They ensure that all ongoing development occurs on a separate landscape so as to not interfere with the current customer-facing services.

How did Outright Development perform from a project management standpoint?

Their estimates are accurate, both in terms of delivery dates and the level of effort required. The entire team is organized and has a good sense of their capabilities within each sprint. The project management is quite solid.

The skill level of their technical team, especially the lead architect, is most notable. They’re very comprehensive. They offer alternatives that prove to be more effective while still meeting business objectives. They are always prepared with technical assessments at our bi-weekly meetings. The depth of skill within their team is one of the best I’ve ever worked with.

We sometimes have to make changes due to changing technologies, or we have to revisit some things that aren’t operating as they should. This is not unexpected in a complex system like our website. I consider this to be routine to some extent, but it’s an area we can still improve as a team.

What I like about Outright Development is that they develop technical plans in writing where scope and details related to an engagement are clearly defined. Potential Customer following this approach will find that this avoids misunderstandings and promotes a better partner relationship.