Where Remarkable Web Products Are Made

Otreva's team is built of designers who can write code and design visuals & developers who can build interfaces as well as web strategists who can connect all of it. We believe that you should know the people who are working on your project. We’re motivated to create direct conversations with our clients and the people that actually do the work. We want our Designers and Design Leads to manage projects so that you have direct access to the people who understand the problem.

Shorter timelines and better applications are the result.

Jessup, PA
  • 50 Alberigi Drive
    Jessup, PA 18434
  • 224 Wyoming Ave. #100
    Scranton, PA 18503

Mericle - Commercial Real Estate Website Image

Mericle - Commercial Real Estate Website

Mericle is the most accomplished developer of commercial real estate on Pennsylvania’s I-81 Corridor. Otreva built a custom designed website with a content management system using wordpress. Almost all of the

pages of the website needed to be custom designed to meet Mericles' criteria.
Nickelodeon Kids Choice Awards Image

Nickelodeon Kids Choice Awards

Nickelodeon needed a new system to track ticket requests and manage the approval and distribution process all via the web. Otreva built a simple system focused on the ease of administration.

The University of Scranton Mobile App Image

The University of Scranton Mobile App

Founded in 1888, Scranton is a private Catholic and Jesuit university that is known for outstanding academic quality, a beautiful and technology-rich campus, and a sense of community that helps you feel right at

home. The university enlisted Otreva's help to build a native JavaScript app using AngularJS and Apache cordova.
The Papershop Mobile App Image

The Papershop Mobile App

Paper Shop is a familiar name for anyone in Northeastern Pennsylvania for classifieds. Since 1968, Paper Shop has grown to serve 26 counties within northeastern Pennsylvania. Otreva helped Paper Shop with a scalable

backend API and mobile app to help users easily create new listings for items to sell using the camera we all carry in our pockets every day.
Cookie Cutter Shopify Store Image

Cookie Cutter Shopify Store

Otreva was approach by the team at Cookie Cutter Kingdom to help them build an e-commerce portal on the Shopify platform. They had some unique ideas to revolutionize the way people buy and use cookie cutters with

the help of 3d printing technology. Otreva helped integrate with a theme that fit the site as well as two custom Three.Js solutions.
Powerful Nutrition for Inspired Living Image

Powerful Nutrition for Inspired Living

Enso Nutrition approach Otreva needing a custom site that fit their clean and active brand. We worked closely with

color: rgb(191, 214, 48); line-height: 25.6px; text-decoration: none; font-family: "Helvetica Neue", Helvetica, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 16px; text-align: center; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);">Inspired Design Studio who created an entire brand for enso including packaging. We used the look and feel of the branding to build out a simple yet clean website for customers to learn more about the brand.
Frisco Relief Chiropractic Website Design Image

Frisco Relief Chiropractic Website Design

Frisco Relief Chiropractic is dedicated to providing the community of Frisco, Texas with the highest quality of chiropractic care to get you back to doing the things you love.

Full Service Contracting Company Image

Full Service Contracting Company

Since 1992 RJB Contracting has grown into a full service contracting company through tireless service to our core clients while maintaining our high quality standards. Beginning as a residential company, we quickly

realized the limitations and transitioned into the commercial market. With 20 years in the retail market and concentration on the restaurant industry we have built an extensive line of services to meet the demands of large national retailers. Today we are completing several hundred large repaint projects a year as well as dozens of remodels and mid sized construction projects simultaneously. 24/7, 364 days a year we are working somewhere in the US.
Scranton Law Firm Website Design Image

Scranton Law Firm Website Design

Myers Brier & Kelly, LLP offers the sophisticated legal skills of a national law firm with the intimacy, responsiveness and attentiveness to client needs characteristic of a specialized boutique firm.

MBK Law came to us to rebuild their website and create an amazing experience across every device and screen size. We built the site on top of WordPress and created a theme that helped the internal&nbsp

;web team manage the site themselves.
Create Classified Listings From Any Devicve Image

Create Classified Listings From Any Devicve

Paper Shop needed a way to reach all of their users on an ever-growing number of devices. We helped their team create a responsive application that allows users to create classified listings from any device. A

seller can use his or her smart phone or tablet with a camera and list items quickly and easily!
Multi-Channel E-commerce Automation Platform Image

Multi-Channel E-commerce Automation Platform

Otreva built ChannelApe from scratch but our frontend team used Zurb's Foundation Framework to create a mobile first application. The application is screen agnostic meaning you can use it on everything from a cell phone up to an HDTV. The whole application was architected in Amazon

Web Services cloud using EC2, RDS, Elastic Beanstalk, DynamoDB, & SES to create a self-healing, auto-scaling application.
Law Firm Web Page Design Image

Law Firm Web Page Design

Otreva was brought on board by a local law firm to help with a full internet marketing package including responsive design, search engine optimization and internet marketing. The firm was disappointed with past results and wanted to try something new to move their site up the search engine ranks. Otreva started by analyzing their current on-site optimization techniques such as keyword density, URL structure, and metadata. We
optimized the site for 100′s of local key phrases including numerous #1 results like “NEPA Personal Injury Lawyer” on Google. To supplement the SEO efforts, a new, clean responsive design ensures that anyone viewing the site has a consistent user experience no matter what device they are using. With a fluid design, the site works with a variety of current screen sizes like smartphones and tablets yet will also work with screen sizes that emerge into the future.
theSMARTsub - Simplifying Substitute Management. Image

theSMARTsub - Simplifying Substitute Management.

theSMARTsub™ was designed to provide an efficient, cost effective solution to one of a school’s most labor intensive and time consuming activities: selecting, contacting and scheduling the most

qualified subs for absences.

Otreva helped theSMARTsub™ while developing with Ruby on Rails with PostgreSQL on Heroku's Cloud PaaS (Platform as a service). We helped to develop features such as an automatic calling system (Created with Twilio) that will try to fulfill a position when a teacher reports off.

ReferLocal - A Proven Approach to Local Internet Marketing and E-Commerce Image

ReferLocal - A Proven Approach to Local Internet Marketing and E-Commerce

ReferLocal came to Otreva looking for a fresh new design for their local marketing and e-commerce platform including Business Pages, Deals, Classifieds and a few other ReferLocal products. Due to some constraints with the legacy platform, we designed around the constraints of the platform by using the CSS framework, Blueprint. We changed some of the framework's base CSS to allow for a percentage based fluid width beyond the

normal 980px fixed-width layouts.
Helping candidates get their message heard throughout the web. Image

Helping candidates get their message heard throughout the web.

Named ‘Best Website for a Statewide Candidate‘ by Politics PA
Changing how social networks and political web applications co-exist. Image

Changing how social networks and political web applications co-exist.

For John's site, we wanted to step away from the norm and create something that was more social and interactive. We didn't want to include the typical Twitter & Facebook sidebar widgets as a social afterthought.
Creating a device independent web product to improve e-commerce conversions. Image

Creating a device independent web product to improve e-commerce conversions.

We created a new product data schema for over 12,500 products that the store offers and helped the client get it setup in the hosted backend. The next step was to somehow connect this data to Google so our products would easily display at the top of results for Google searches. In only the first few months, the store is boasting a 4 digit percentage increase in sales.

E-Commerce Development For Vitamin Distributor

"I wouldn’t even recommend anybody else besides Otreva. They’re a great team to work with."

Otreva built a customized, multichannel web platform for a vitamin distributor. The project involved designing the user interface and developing an API to manage and distribute inventory.

Jason DePietropaolo
Owner & Founder, Vitamin Partners

Internal beta testing shows that the platform performs well and is easy to use. Employees have given positive feedback. Even outside of normal business hours, Otreva was easily accessible to address issues or add new functions to the site. The team delivers excellent service whenever necessary.

Could you briefly describe your company?

My company is Channelape.com.

I’m the owner of Channelape.

What business challenges were you attempting to address when you initiated the projects with Otreva?

Otreva built an online platform for us. It’s a multichannel e-commerce platform. What it does is it pools in our entire inventory. We have a Vitamin website, and we contracted with Otreva to build this platform for us to manage our inventory. Every day it pools in our inventory through an API, and then it uploads our inventory. From there we push out inventory to our various smart appraisers. We had a problem with doing that, and that’s when we contacted Otreva, and we decided to build an eCommerce platform, and that’s what Channelape is.

Could you describe the scope of this project in terms of components? Did it involve custom design, development, training, and support?

It included all of those things. It was a totally custom designed Web application. We built a user interface and everything.

How did you select Otreva as your solution partner?

They were recommended to us by associates that work in eCommerce. They’ve also worked on some of my Web development tasks for my site, VitaminPartners.

Could you provide a sense of the size of this initiative in monetary terms?

The entire project cost was around $200,000.

When was this project completed?

We’re in private beta right now. We just launched about two weeks ago. We have some people using it and giving us feedback. We’re hoping to launch our site early next year, perhaps in January.

In terms of results, could you share any statistics or metrics that would demonstrate the effectiveness of the work that they’ve delivered?

We’ve been using it. It’s in private beta, but I have a few websites. We’ve been using it internally without issue. It’s great to work with somebody local, somebody who knows what they’re doing. If something were to arise, we could simply call them, and they could fix it, create another function and test it. At this point, we’re trying to refine the site before we take the entire thing public.

How do you feel Otreva has performed on this project so far?

They’re performing great. Anything that we needed, they were there for. They’re very responsive. For instance, if at midnight our site experienced an unexpected series of errors that brought it down, I could call Otreva and have them begin to troubleshoot immediately. That kind of flexibility and responsiveness is key for us. Having them as our service provider is rather reassuring because I know I have additional resources to draw from when things get dicey.

In retrospect, are there any areas that you believe Otreva could have improved upon or things that you might do differently as the client before approaching this type of project?

No. I don’t think so. I’ve worked with other Web developers before. I’ve worked with local teams. I’ve worked with freelancers in other countries. I just didn’t get very far with them, which made the efforts a waste of money. Otreva is extremely helpful in every aspect, from planning and logistics to project management and task execution. That’s really the key. I wouldn’t even recommend anybody else besides Otreva. They’re a great team to work with.

Web Development & Design For Technology Firm

"I couldn’t be happier with the way that they've performed."

Using Ruby on RAILS, Otreva developed a platform for a education technology provider. The project involved strategic back-end implementation, UI/UX design, and establishing secure certificates.

Kevin Koziol
President & CEO, theSMARTsub

Overall, the platform functions smoothly and fulfills the original vision. In order to ensure flawless operation, Otreva conducted frequent testing and resolved several existing issues. The team was easy to work with, communicating clearly about goals and delivering projects ahead of deadline.

Could you briefly describe your company?

We are a technology company, but we’re specializing in platforms for managing substitute teachers in kindergarten through 12th grade public schools and private schools.

I’m the president & CEO.

We were really attempting to create a functional platform with a usable design. We needed something we could really go to market with, and not have to worry about the forward facing aspects so much.

What platform were you attempting to build this interface on?

It was written on Ruby on RAILS. We had gone through a couple of different developers at that time, and the work was rather fragmented. Otreva really stepped up, and was able to inherit much of the responsibility.

Could you describe the scope of the project in terms of components? Did it include custom design, development, training, and support?

Yes. They’ve put their fingerprint on every part of the design from the logic of it to making sure that the user interface was working correctly, storage, and even just setting up the DNS correctly, the secure socket layer certificate. They’ve done a fantastic job in every aspect, and everything I ask them to do, they usually have a great comprehension of what I’m trying to do afterward.

How did you select Otreva as your solution partner to replace the other developers you’ve been working with?

I had called another firm that wasn’t deep into Web development and they referred me to Otreva. I had a conversation with them. It was quite interesting because they were extremely helpful even though they were as experienced as I had hoped. I then went through two more developers before returning to Otreva. While they might have lacked the depth of expertise I was seeking, the Otreva team embraced a vigilant work ethic, and they possessed a lot of creative workarounds that I thought might be of use.

What parts of the project did you contribute to outside of the general oversight of the project?

We provided the content that Otreva then cleaned and integrated into the site. They organized and streamlined it for us on the backend, and we would review their progress each step of the way. Rarely, if ever, did they complete a functional component that wasn’t up to par.

Could you give me a sense of the size of this initiative in monetary terms?

Yes. The total cost of development was probably a little bit more than $100,000 at this point, but we anticipate that over the next five years, it would probably be in the neighborhood about $250,000.

When was this project completed?

We launched the site about a month ago. We actually don’t have our first client yet, but we’re marketing it right now.

In terms of results, could you share any statistics or metrics that would demonstrate the effectiveness of the work they’ve delivered?

What I could tell you is that there were several components that were broken and malfunctioning before Otreva got onboard. They were able to make those things function the way that they were supposed to. Throughout our testing process, their testing process, and my testing process, they were able to nail it pretty easily.

How do you feel that Otreva has performed overall on this project?

I couldn’t be happier with the way that they performed. Again, having the ability to take my concept, and then execute it has been a huge factor. I’ve had other developers that weren’t as easy to deal with in that capacity, but they’re very easy, and they’re very easygoing people to work with. On top of that, their response time is probably the thing that impresses me most. I understand that I’m not their only client. When I ask them to do something, they give me a realistic timeframe that they then adhere to. They’ve always exceeded those timeframes, too. They’ve always beaten the timeframes. They’re always ahead of schedule for me. That’s huge for me in addition to just the communication of saying, “Hey, this is what we’re doing. This is what you can expect.” They’re just spot on.

When working with Otreva, is there anything you would consider unique or special compared to other developers you’ve worked with?

All aspects of what they do. They do what they’re supposed to. For them, they’re a very good fit for me. I don’t know if that was phrased correctly. They’re a very good fit for our organization. Just because of the way that they work and their promptness, the way that they’re able to execute on our concepts, and then timeframe and communication. Some of the other developers didn’t necessarily do any of those things correctly.

In retrospect, are there any areas that you believe Otreva could improve upon or things that you would do differently as the client before initiating this type of project?

I really can’t think of anything right at this moment. I have some other ideas in mind that I would like to execute if and when the opportunity comes around. They will be top of my list to go with. The only reservation I had was when I first hired them. I woke up the next morning, and I was like, “Why did I hire a company that doesn’t know the language that my program is written in?” That has gone away. That one went away very quickly. I realized how capable they are. I really don’t have anything that I would change about them.

Credit Union WordPress Development

"I don’t think that they ever stopped working."

n/a

2012 - Ongoing

Otreva updated a primary website and built a secondary student website. They migrated the primary website to WordPress to allow user accessibility for changes.

Scranton, Pennsylvania
Marketing & Business Development Manager, SEO Consultant

The new website is more professional and modern and formats to multiple devices. Otreva has been extremely responsive, often returning emails immediately, and affordable. The team delivers top-notch customer service with onsite, in-person visits.

Can you give a brief overview of your company?

We are a federal credit union that is community chartered. We’re financial services, so we do everything a bank does.

What was the main goal or objective for working with Otreva?

It was to update our website. We actually used them twice. We had them construct a student website. That was second. First, we had them update our main website.

What was your process for choosing Otreva to work with?

I looked for a local company. Of course, there was a price range. I actually interviewed three local companies. I ended up going with Otreva.

Can you tell me about the scope of the project?

Absolutely. They completely took them off of the platform that we had it on and put it on the WordPress platform so I could go ahead and make all the changes myself. That was something I couldn’t do on our old platform. I’d actually have to contact someone, and then they would make the changes in like 48 hours. It was ridiculous. So, now I can go ahead and do it all myself. We’re also looking at really update the site and also make it mobile.

How long ago was the project competed?

I think we launched it May 15, 2012.

Can you give me a general cost estimate of the project?

It was $5,000, which is unheard of.

How happy are you with the results?

It’s wonderful. It formats to iPads to iPhones, anything. It just gives a more professional and updated look, like we’re not stuck in 1997 anymore.

When working with Otreva, is there anything that you found unique or special compared to other vendors you have worked with?

I don’t think that they ever stopped working. If I sent an email, it was immediately answered within 30 seconds. So, I would say their customer service is fantastic. Also, we would set up onsite visits. Mike would come in a lot, which helped instead of just emailing someone constantly. It helped us to work through things.

Is there anything that you’d do differently a second time around or think that they can improve upon?

Probably not. I can’t really think of anything else off the top of my head. I was really pleased with how it turned out.

• N/A NPS
    Yes, definitely. I was really, really pleased, and I recommend them to everyone.