Broadcasting & Media Production Company in Denver

Otherworldly Productions is a Denver-based, mixed-media, commercial video production company that supports artists, musicians, agencies, and brands through visual storytelling and design. We specialize in creating visual phenomena that nourish and inspires the imagination. We write, direct, film, and edit. We produce digital advertising media, document weddings, shoot music videos and make short experimental films.

Denver, CO
  • 2350 Arapahoe St
    Denver, CO 80205

This Mountain

My friend Kira encouraged me to apply to the Samsung 4K Challenge, and so I did and unexpectedly became a top ten finalist. Samsung overnighted me the NX500 camera and told me I had two weeks to create a 5 minute film with it. Bad news was that it was the busiest two weeks of the year, and writing, directing and producing a film would be impossible, so I decided to document a week or so of my life. Composed of people, places,

experiences, and events, this film is a behind the scenes glance of time as seen from my perspective.

The result of this project is to me both personal and contrived. Every time I hit the record button, I questioned my intentions and authenticity of the moment. While editing, I was able to skew context, and time, rework sound and disembody sequences of actual events in my life. With the content being so personal, this made me somewhat uncomfortable, but this is the job of a filmmaker: we manipulate time, light, sound and sequence to make it what we want. I walk away from this project with a better understanding of my roles in life, as a husband, father, friend, pilgrim, adventurer, artist and filmmaker. Also, time is fleeting.

This Mountain

Voyage of The Galatic Space Dangler

Voyage of the Galactic Space Dangler, 2016

Composed of live action sculptural sets, stop-motion animations, composited After Effects images and macro video segments, all practical effects. It tells the story of the two most unlikely candidates to ever possibly meet in space and time: an astronaut and a neanderthal.

Project: Olympic Anthem Campaign

There is nothing like giving high fives to surge the good vibes. Clif Bar brought us on board for their #HighFiveUSA campaign, which aimed to send forth little nuggets of psych to our USA Winter Olympic Team.

We made a suite of vertically oriented videos to sit on multiple social media platforms and a website assets package composed of GIFs and video stills to boot.

A

fun little fact: these videos were edited exclusively on Carrot Cake Clif Bars and a handful of caffeinated gel shots for the late nights.

The Beauty Underground

Client: The Beauty Underground

Project: North American Hairstyling Awards, Las Vegas (60 second spot)

Beauty Underground is about as high fashion as it gets. The BU team let us loose on this one! They needed a "knock your socks off" sixty second visual experience to deliver to the 4,000+ guests that would be attending the IBS in Las Vegas.

The only rule: focus on the beautiful craftsmanship of hair and

makeup.

Our solution: Bury the models with soil, flour, foam and syrup.