We Make Custom Software Easy

At ORASES, we believe in improving lives through technology and design. We look for companies and products that will make a difference and align with our vision. We are a Maryland based development agency who's philosophy centers on high-end design and building amazing products.

We don't build Angry Birds. We focus on the hard stuff. We develop custom mobile apps, web apps, and web based applications...and make all the pieces work together.

We are experts in developing complex software that typically has a need to integrate with other systems, like ERP's, CRM's, EMR's, 3rd Party systems, or different APIs and complex datasets.

We are unique in our design and development approach and this has helped us build consistent quality.

$50,000

• Frederick County Bank and over 50+ Credit Unions
  • Omniplex
  • NATSO
  • IEC
  • American Society of Interior Designers (ASID)
  • Wright Manufacturing
  • Roy Jorgensen Associates

The American Society of Interior Designers (ASID)

Founded in 1975, ASID is the oldest, largest and only multi-disciplinary professional organization for interior designers, interior design students and the manufacturers and suppliers who support the profession. The rich, vibrant history of the organization goes back to the founding of its predecessor organizations, the American Institute of Interior Designers (AID) and the National Society of Interior Designers (NSID).

Case Management Progress Note Bulk Submission Module

Progress note bulk submission demonstrates the high level of success they now have submitting their billable notes to the state, as well as the API functionality with the "Submit all notes" button

Case Management Contact Module

Contacts shows how the database helped clean and organize data -- previously each Individual had separate entries for all of their contacts, leading to hundreds of duplicates for doctors and other providers. Shared contacts were cleaned up and are now assigned to Individuals, increasing organizational efficiency since there is one record for shared contacts.

Case Management QA Measures Module

QA measures module represents one of the many reporting tools we implemented to help SCI track their efficiency and success as a provider. This example shows how compliant SCI is with a goal set by DDA.

Long Fence - Website

Orases migrated the Drupal built site over to the 24Watch® Business Suite to increase the administrative functionality. Image and content uploads were simplified; relieving Long Fence’s staff of bothersome uploads to FTP sites. Intensive research was done to increase online form submissions from potential customers and Google Webmaster Tools was installed to achieve faster speeds, the ability to monitor engaging content and address important questions about the behavior of Long Fence users.

Ortho365

365 Ortho is a software solution used to administer orders for orthotic and prosthetic components and supplies, facilitating the process from start to finish. Everything is in one place and easy to find, with additional features for expedited billing. Our process enables you to track each individual item that composes the purchase order as well as invoices and governmental billing forms – automating, consolidating and centralizing this task.

Web Strategy for Sport Equipment Company

"Orases truly has their customer’s best interests in mind, and they want to add value."

Dec. 2016 - Ongoing

Orases strategized an e-commerce website blueprint based on competitive market analysis. They presented digital marketing suggestions and added value through relationships and client education.

Startup

Chairman of the Board, Sport Equipment Company

In the early discovery stage, Orases quickly connected with customer needs and showcased a positive company culture. These skills help the team to focus on a high-quality end-product.

Our company sells recycled and refinished golf balls to consumers. I am the Chairman of the Board.

What challenge were you trying to address with Orases?

We needed to develop an e-commerce website for our new business. We wanted to do some significant competitive analysis on what already existed in the market to get a clear understanding of our major competitors. We knew there was one dominant player who had a slick, fully functional website. We needed to build a strategy around what we wanted our website to do within our budget.

I’m a huge fan of Orases and Nick, the CEO. We started talking to them about building a website, and we ended up adopting Nick as our CTO. We had several meetings with him and his team each week talking about everything e-commerce. Orases helped us develop our overall digital marketing plan and competitive strategy. I truly view them as a strategic partner, and that’s been extremely valuable to us. We’ve gotten a tremendous amount of education from them. They’ve saved us from making expensive mistakes.

We originally engaged them to design a website, but then we quickly shifted that to a consulting basis. We really wanted him to be involved in all the different aspects of our emerging business. Nick helped us think creatively and strategically about how we wanted to compete.

Orases is currently involved in the discovery stage for developing our website. Once that is complete, we’ll actually construct the site. Orases truly has their customer’s best interests in mind, and they want to add value. Although they are contracted to build the blueprint for our site, they are perfectly fine with putting the development up for bid after that to ensure we get the best product. When you do that, you create a connection with the customer, which makes the work you do together even better.

We’ve mostly worked with Nick, but we’ve recently engaged a designer and a developer, who are now spearheading the discovery process.

How did you come to work with Orases?

One of my partners knew of Nick through mutual acquaintances.

How much have you invested with Orases?

The whole project will probably be $100,000—so approximately $75,000 to build the site and $25,000 for consulting.

The project began in December of 2016, and it will probably last for about 6 months. I imagine we’ll continue to work with them on some level going forward. I feel that we get a tremendous value having them as partners.

We don’t have a lot of output at this point because most of the work has been competitive analysis. Nick has reached out to marketing firms on our behalf, and he’s attended every proposal presentation by those firms. He’s gone above and beyond what we expected.

How did Orases perform from a project management standpoint?

Nick and I have gotten pretty close and compared notes on leadership styles. He’s shared with me the strategic planning documents that he uses, which I can adapt to my company. He is truly a partner and wants to do everything he can to help us succeed. He’s been running point for us in terms of project management, and it’s been fantastic. I feel fortunate to have the CEO as our project manager.

What did you find most impressive about Orases?

I’m extremely impressed with Nick and the culture of the firm. They’re very focused on having a great culture. They have an innovative office space layout. The way Nick engages his employees is great. I found it very easy to get comfortable working with Nick and his team. I feel that working closely with Orases is a good influence. You get to see what a successful, well-run company looks like and what makes it tick.

Are there any areas Orases could improve?

No. I’m pleased with everything we’ve done so far.

Web Redesign for Interior Design Association

"They’re so approachable and willing to go above and beyond."

July 2016 - Feb. 2017

Orases redesigned and redeveloped a Drupal website that was previously on an older version of the CMS. They redesigned all 47 websites from their client's organization into the same platform.

Washington, DC
VP of Communications, American Society of Interior Designers

Website traffic has increased, and support calls regarding issues with navigation on the site have decreased drastically. Orases' professionalism and commitment to the project stood out.

The American Society of Interior Designers is a professional association for interior designers throughout the country. We have over 25,000 members that range from being actual interior designers; 13,500 members that are emerging interior designers; 5,500 students; and the rest are industry partners. As an organization, we provide events for professional development, appellations, and certifications for design. I’m the VP of communications, overseeing marketing, communications, public relations, and media relations within the organization.

What challenge were you trying to address with Orases?

The original challenge is that we offer a lot of great services that are making a huge impact in the design space, but we have not been able to communicate that message properly. On such a design-centric field, our website lacked design and functionality. It did not properly represent our brand. People could not navigate the site. While the rest of the products we were putting out—a print piece, speaking, PowerPoint—were elevated, the website was a hindrance to our brand.

The scope was huge. Our previous website operated on an old version of Drupal, so we didn’ have good functionality. The main objective was to completely redesign and redevelop our primary national website: asid.org. We also had to put all of our 47 chapter websites, which are chapter networks throughout the US, on a similar platform, redesign all of their sites, and bring them onto one platform, which we hadn’t had before. They haven’t had a functioning CMS [content management system] on the chapter level, although we did at the national level. Orases had to provide a CMS for all chapters and headquarters, completely redesign, and provide all the functionality. They did everything from the brainstorming, providing functional requirements for the site, and developing the entire site to providing a CMS. They used their custom CMS, 24Watch ®. We did our marketing and social media in-house and didn’t have that in our specs.

How did you come to work with Orases?

I came on board at ASID right as we were putting out the proposal late May 2016. Since I had worked with Orases previously on a website redesign at another organization, I brought them to the table by entering their name into the list of proposals but didn’t tell anybody in the review process that it was a company I previously worked with. Even without that, I did not give my opinion until after everybody else did; it was a unanimous decision to go with Orases. I knew of their work, but the others that did not know of their work still voted to go with Orases. Their CMS was also one of the things that drew us to Orases.

How much have you invested with Orases?

We invested over $200,000.

We officially started in July 2016. We took a nine-month project and squeezed it into six months of actual work. I put a lot of pressure on Orases on this tough deadline because we had a lot of internal pressures and goals that we had to meet just because of previous projects being delayed multiple times before I came onboard. In July, we set the date of launch to February 14. We launched the 48 websites on February 15 at noon. Technically, we were 12 hours off in a six-month timeline.

We’ve had a significant spike in the website. We drew everybody to the website by sending out messages of the website launch. Our customer service department gets anywhere between 3,000 to 5,000 calls monthly from our members and potential members. They said that their calls about the website have decreased dramatically. They used to get calls about navigation or how to find something. Since we launched the site, they have gotten none; all the calls they have gotten regarding the website are positive feedback. I wish I could put statistics to it, but that would be in about a week or so from now.

How did Orases perform from a project management standpoint?

It was seamless. I cannot go into enough detail of how successful this was from beginning to end. Orases was so easy to work with. Since we had such an aggressive timeline, everything had to be done on time from their end and our end. Orases kept us responsible for the things that were on our end that would then impact their schedule, and that’s what a good project manager does. We hit the goal, which I was a little skeptical of even though I was the one that set it, and that is thanks to the project management. We had some few things that came up three months into the project that were not in the original scope. Neither they or we knew they existed like you would with any website project. Orases took it with flying colors and weren’t a problem at all. It’s been a fantastic and great partnership.

What did you most impressive about Orases?

Orases' professionalism and ease of working with them stood out. They’re so approachable and willing to go above and beyond. Beyond that, their technical knowledge and ability to take a nugget of an idea and turn it into something that could actually work and be user-friendly are impressive. We built this thing called Resource Center where we have all of our research in one hub that is searchable. When I briefly described that, Orases immediately grasped the idea, wrapped their arms around it, and built out something that I didn’t even envision in the beginning. The way that Orases can customize things and the way it felt that we were their only client helped the project run smoothly.

Are there any areas Orases could improve?

At this point, no, there’s not much I can say. It was so fast-paced if there were any mistakes the majority of them were on our end. Orases rolled with the punches and changes, and they were fantastic about it.

Overall Score I’m typically not an all-fiver, but this makes it all fives. I couldn’t be happier with the final product.
    You can’t get much better than to have such an aggressive deadline and nail it 12 hours off the original goal.
    We were right in budget. We set a budget and Orases provided us with a quote within our budget. As of right now, everything that I’ve been communicated is that what they quoted us, is exactly what we paid.
    The frontend looks fantastic. Orases met all of our goals as far as design. The backend has been seamless in terms of functionality and building the network of 48 websites.
    I’ve recommended Orases for years, so I would definitely recommend them to somebody else.

Enterprise Software Development for Nonprofit

"I don't believe that we would have been successful without our collaboration with Orases."

April 2012 - Ongoing

Orases developed an information management system that allows users to track relevant demographic data.

Frederick, Maryland
CEO, Service Coordination

In the first year of implementation, the solution that Orases built cut the organization's admin cost by 50%. Orases organization and ability to prioritize tasks as needed made this project successful.

Service Coordination is a 501(c)(3) non-profit which provides case management services for people who need them. These include persons with intellectual or developmental disabilities, veterans, children, and older adults. We are the largest case management organization in the state of Maryland, working with approximately 12,000 people across the state.

I am the executive director and CEO of the organization. I've been in this role for about 11 years.

What challenge were you trying to address with Orases?

We were looking to build an integrated information management system which would support the 3 levels of our organization. From a team member perspective, we have a community-based mobile workforce. Our coordinators and case managers use laptops, cell phones, printers, and scanners for their out-of-office community work. We wanted a solution which could be used while out in the field. From a leadership perspective, we wanted a solution that would give our members access to the information needed for making solid business decisions. Our strategic management tool is a balanced scorecard approach that measures 24 metrics and reports them to a board of directors. This also needed to be integrated into the system.

We had a concept of what we were looking for based on the state changes for the delivery of Targeted Case Management, which is a Medicaid service. Orases stepped in at the same time as the complete statewide revamping of this service, so we've had to build a solution from the ground up. Orases has developed an information management system for our organization, helping us track all relevant demographic information from a client's perspective. We help people coordinate and locate all the services which they need in 9 life areas. The client data we’ve collected help us look at intermediate and long-term outcomes.

Orases has taken an Agile approach to the development of our data system. We have created an internal director-level position for the collaboration with Orases. When we rolled the project out, we met with Orases' team. We were assigned 2 developers and a project manager. The resources we use are related to what we're developing in a given quarter. Eventually, we created an operational position around Orases. We assigned someone who could understand them at a senior level and work together with the team.

How did you come to work with Orases?

Orases was recommended through one of our relationships, based on the work they'd done in the past. We interviewed a handful of organizations but were most impressed with Orases. After looking at Orases' references and talking with their team, it became clear to us that they took a personal approach in terms of business solutions instead of having a cookie-cutter approach.

How much have you invested with Orases?

The cost of Orases' work has been around $750,000.

We started our project in April 2012. We plan to continue our work with Orases for a number of years. We have an annual contract with Orases that is reviewed every quarter. The collaboration is solid.

I don't believe that we would have been successful without our collaboration with Orases. When we transitioned into Targeted Case Management in 2013, we projected a workload analysis for what we thought the impact would be from the model change. We estimated an 8-million-dollar deficit, which was significant for us as a non-profit. During our first year in operation, we cut that down by 50% and got into the black by the third year of operation. We firmly believe that by working with Orases and developing our information management solution, we have been able to go from a structural deficit of about 1.6 million dollars to operating in the black. We've been told that we should market our case management platform. It's definitely a success story.

How did Orases perform from a project management standpoint?

We've received accolades across the board for Orases' work. They operate using an Agile method, staying in conversation with our team once a week and making adjustments to the development process. We're adding new projects on an ongoing basis. Our teams met 3 months ago in order to discuss the relationship between our senior leadership.

What did you find most impressive about Orases?

Orases' team understands quality customer service and they are mission-driven. These qualities make Orases a success. I believe that we would not be in business today without Orases' ability to come up with an adequate solution.

Are there any areas Orases could improve?

Nothing comes to mind. I think that we were fortunate to find Orases.

Overall Score Orases has served us very well.
    They’ve delivered on time, sometimes sooner than we expected.
    They were under-budget.
    Orases has been able to figure out everything that came their way. Their team has adjusted to any unforeseen developments in our projects, refocusing priorities and resources accordingly.
    We've already recommended Orases and a couple of companies have approached them.

Drupal Web Redesign for Construction Company

"Orases' principal made himself available to us whenever we needed it."

Orases built a Drupal site to replace their client's previous site that had internal failures and ran slowly. They also provided SEO advice that helped the site rank on page 1 of relevant key term searches.

Baltimore, Maryland
Director of Corporate Sales, Long Fence

The new site is 75% faster than its predecessor. Orases was praised for their responsiveness and timeliness throughout the project.

We provide fencing decks, pavers, and ornamental products for commercial and residential customers. I’m the director of corporate sales.

What challenge were you trying to address with Orases?

We had a working Drupal website but it had a number of internal failures. We weren't comfortable continuing on this path with our current company, so we reached out to Orases.

Orases built a more robust site for our company. They looked at how our customers were searching for fences and interacting with the old site, then Orases made adjustments around this information. Orases put together a game plan aimed at increasing speed, both internally and for our customers. Orases was involved in the build from start to finish. It was more of a ground up approach because we had to abandon what we previously had. Orases worked with us on design, color palettes, and the overall arrangement of individual pages, focusing heavily on how customers were using the site. Orases brought in SEO best practices through which we could reach a placement on the first page. They implemented a program called 24 Watch, which allows us to update products, enter issues, and receive appropriate responses.  This made it much easier for us to interface with the site.

How did you come to work with Orases?

We had worked with another company for a number of years, but they changed their activity. Then, we came to rely on someone else for an interim. After that relationship failed, we started looking for recommendations. We found Orases through the friend of a friend. Our marketing efforts are an extension of who we are, so we wanted to make sure that we had the same goals in mind as our development partner.

How much have you invested with Orases?

The project was not inexpensive but I can't discuss actual numbers. It was a worthwhile investment, with a fair market value and an even greater return.

The development time was 9 months overall. Much of this was due to us wanting to make sure that correct vendor products were being displayed. We also had to provide the content needed for the site. Once Orases got that information, the work progressed quickly.

Orases increased the speed of our site by about 75%. From a standpoint of developing landing pages and customer responses, we can offer free estimates over the web to people using their mobile devices. We've seen a spiked increase year over year with the new website. We attribute this to its interactivity and ease of use. Those numbers continue to climb and we continue to hire employees to handle those inquiries.

Orases was very proactive in working with our other vendors and put in a lot of time to ensure that the site would work. Any glitches were caught in time, but they were very few and far between. Orases stood by us and offered many valuable suggestions based on their experience with other sites. It was an opportunity for us to expand our horizons and build a more interactive site for our consumers. I found that Orases provided a blend of not only good personalities but also professionalism. This led to a good relationship, through which we were able to produce a dynamic site.

How did Orases perform from a project management standpoint?

The staff was very friendly, to say the least. Orases was very timely in getting back to us, without any avoidance. This was a welcome change from our previous company.

What did you find most impressive about Orases?

Orases' principal made himself available to us whenever we needed it. He has a number of professional people working in the backend with programmers and the project manager. It's nice to know that we're one step away from reaching out to someone who is as responsive as the rest of the team. Orases was timely and responsive, and I appreciated this.

Are there any areas Orases could improve?

I'm a critical person when it comes to this type of interaction. If there had been something to improve, I would have certainly voiced my opinion on it. But I can't recall Orases being out of line on any occasion.

Overall Score Orases is very methodical in its approach.
    Orases is very much on time.
    I'm always looking for a better bargain.
    Orases' team takes pride in the work and we can see this in the end result.
    I recommend Orases continuously.