Brooklyn's freshest little creative agency

OrangeYouGlad is Brooklyn's freshest creative agency. We are WBE certified design studio with a focus on branding, web, print and social.

Our mission is to always crush it creatively (on behalf of our clients!) We dig deep for that unique, creative, unexpected and expertly crafted strategic and visual solution that takes our client’s brand and campaigns to the next level.  We work with a range of clients including non-profits, tech start-ups and fortune 500 companies.

2002
Brooklyn, NY
  • 423 Smith Street
    Brooklyn, NY 11231

Booking Holdings, Citigroup, EY, Home Matters, Caring Across, Rooftop Films, Reading is Fundamental, Sesame Workshop, apple seeds, Nielsen, Kidzbop, Penguin Randomhouse, Grand Central Publishing, Bialek Environments, Insight Strategy Group, Brooklyn Strategist, Pop Culture Collab, Hyperballad, Wonder by R.J. Palacio, The Motherhood Center

Property Rights and Pipeline Center

Branding and site design for Property Rights and Pipeline Center. See our full case study in our portfolio

Wonder by R.J. Palacio website

Website design and development (and custom illustration) for R.J. Palacios book Wonder. Full project description in our portfolio

Priceline Group Website

Corporate site design for Priceline Group. See full case study.

Bialek Environments

Site UX/UI for Bialek Environments. Awwwards Honorable Mention. See full case study

The Motherhood Center of New York

OrangeYouGlad designed the logo, branding, website and all custom illustrations for The Motherhood Center of New York. See the full case study

Rooftop Films Annual Report

OrangeYouGlad designed and produced Rooftop Films 2015 annual report. To see additional images and the full case study see our portfolio.

Software Development & Design for Media Company

"What sets them apart is that they’re a fantastic group of people."

2011 - Ongoing

OrangeYouGlad, LLC works collaboratively with a design team at a media company. They offer product ideation, UX strategy, and visual design work. The partnership is ongoing.

Product Leader, Media Company

The work that OrangeYouGlad, LLC delivers has received high praise from internal and external users. Their positive and energetic approach has led to a fruitful partnership. Customers can expect creative solutions and superior designs from their team.

I’m a product leader for the social business unit of a media company in New York.

What challenge were you trying to address with OrangeYouGlad, LLC?

Our goal was to continually add value to our SaaS product, ensuring that it has the highest quality UX and design.

They work closely with our product specialists, who provide wireframes and some high-level requirements. Their participation extends from design conception to UX design and visual design. From there, it’s a joint effort between OrangeYouGlad, LLC and our product team to develop the final deliverables.

How did you come to work with OrangeYouGlad, LLC?

We’d already been collaborating with OrangeYouGlad, LLC when I joined, so I wasn’t involved in the decision to select them. We’ve chosen to continue partnering with them due to the quality of the work and the relationship we have with their team.

We’ve been working with OrangeYouGlad, LLC on a consistent basis since 2011. The project is ongoing.

We’ve had great success building a product with a UI/UX that delights our clients. The design of our platform has been a significant contributor to our success as a business. We’ve received compliments both externally from our customers and internally from other teams.

What sets them apart is that they’re a fantastic group of people. They’re incredibly talented, they produce high-quality work, and they’re very enthusiastic. I’ve very much enjoyed working with their team.

OrangeYouGlad, LLC’s team is full of creatives who aren’t short on ideas. On occasion, this can lead to tangential discussions about how the product design can be improved which aren’t necessarily pertinent to the specific project or task at hand.

Overall Score They deserve the highest possible score.
    They consistently meet every deadline.
    They charge a high rate, but their quality justifies it.
    The quality of work is top-notch, and they are great collaborators.
    They produce high-quality work, they deliver on time, and they're wonderful people.

Branding, UX/UI, & Website Redesign for Marketing SaaS

“They take pride in their work.”

Jan. 2017 - Jan. 2018

OrangeYouGlad completely overhauled the visual identity of a digital marketing platform, including the logo, brand colors, UI/UX, and the website’s frontend.

Gabriel Solberg
CEO & Founder, EasyAutoTagging

OrangeYouGlad’s sophisticated design helped attract a major investor and increased conversion rates significantly. The talented team set realistic expectations, excelled at communication, and responded well to feedback.

I am the CEO and founder of a SaaS product built for digital marketers.

For what projects/services did your company hire OrangeYouGlad, LLC?

I hired OrangeYouGlad to help me create a brand and design a product to align with my target market. At the time, I had a product in place but no established or consistent brand. Plus, my product lacked the quality design I wanted from a visual and intuitive point of view.

A coworker told me about OrangeYouGlad.

OrangeYouGlad overhauled the frontend visual design and UI/UX of the website. They then designed a logo and established the brand colors and look and feel. They also provided support in creating social profiles and posting images.

I communicated with the owner, project manager, and designers as needed.

The design overhaul gave my product credibility and allowed me to secure my first investor. I had presented the product to the same investor before, and he only committed when he saw a well-designed and professional-looking product. Also, I was able to increase conversions rates for new signups by 74% after the redesign.

The workflow was extremely effective. The developer can directly contact designers, so the communication was free-flowing. The team set clear expectations and met them. If I had any concerns on the timeline, they considered my feedback. At the same time, they were willing to push back if the integrity of the brand was affected from a design perspective.

OrangeYouGlad is a small team, but they are super responsive, creative, and flexible. They take pride in their work. I wish I could work with them on more projects.

Branding Strategy for All-Natural Edible Sticker Company

“Working with their team was a pleasant and enjoyable process.”

Nov. 2017 - Oct. 2018

OrangeYouGlad, LLC designed branding strategies to help an edible sticker company establish a market presence and attract customers. Their work spanned both social media and other digital marketing channels.

Napa Valley, California
Linda York
Founder, StickyLickits

In just a few months, the website and branding strategies have attracted a lot of business. Retailers, grocery stores, and consumers are showing an increasing level of interest in the product. The OrangeYouGlad, LLC team was an accommodating, responsive, and knowledgeable partner.

I’m the founder of StickyLickits. We create all-natural edible stickers for children to put on their fruits and vegetables, encouraging them to eat healthily.

What challenge were you trying to address with OrangeYouGlad, LLC?

I needed to come up with a branding strategy that would communicate our value. It’s not a product that people actively search for, so we were basically starting from scratch. I was looking for a vendor to help us educate the public and establish a strong brand identity through marketing and social media campaigns.

I had a vision for the brand, but I entered the engagement with an open mind. I presented the OrangeYouGlad, LLC team with a description of my product and my ideas, and they came back with a unique and exciting branding approach. It was completely different from my original plan but addressed the problem more efficiently. I would’ve never been able to come up with it on my own. I immediately approved their strategies and campaigns; then they began implementing them.

I worked with the owner, a design lead, and a team of additional designers and strategists.

How did you come to work with OrangeYouGlad, LLC?

I knew the creative director of a major news publication, and I asked her for a recommendation. I trusted her artistic taste, and I knew she was involved in the modern design community. She told me to reach out to an animation company, and I did. After reviewing the scope, that firm referred me to OrangeYouGlad, LLC. I ran that by the creative director, and she was aware of their reputation. She agreed that they’d be a good fit, so I decided to partner with them.

We’ve spent over $100,000 on this project.

We worked together from December 2017–October 2018. We’ve completed this project, but there are a few more upcoming tasks that I plan to work with them on as well.

We’ve only been on the market for a few months at this point, but we’re already seeing retailers and consumers visiting our site after viewing the social media outreach campaigns. OrangeYouGlad, LLC has opened a lot of doors for us. Their superior artwork and design skills encourage people to reach out to us based on the way we present our product. We’ve already secured interest from several retailers and grocery stores. Overall, they’ve had a positive impact on our business. We feel confident referring others to our website to get a sense of what we offer.

How did OrangeYouGlad, LLC perform from a project management standpoint?

They established a strong workflow from the start. Their team holds themselves accountable for their work, documenting all of their progress. They regularly hit deadlines. We were also working with a global children’s entertainment network, which often slowed the approval process. The OrangeYouGlad, LLC team actively worked with us to accommodate the changing requirements and stay in line with our strict schedules.

We scheduled a phone call for every Monday morning to share progress updates and define our next steps. They were outstanding in terms of planning. Their structured approach helped me measure results as we moved through the engagement. Working with their team was a pleasant and enjoyable process.

They heard our needs and gave us a real solution to our problem. Their team was instrumental in helping us navigate our relationship with the global entertainment network. It’s very expensive to acquire licenses to use their characters for our stickers, and their permission usually comes with some very strict requirements. The OrangeYouGlad, LLC team acted as the first line of communication between the network’s creative officials and us. They listened to the requests and willingly made any requested changes. Sometimes, they fought back on our behalf for the use of important elements or components. We don’t have much experience working with large organizations, so the OrangeYouGlad, LLC team’s communication skills were very helpful.

No, I don’t think so. We started with an explicit set of tasks focused on branding. Based on the quality of their work on those first projects, we expanded the scope to include a comprehensive social media plan and several other elements like our website. We moved organically from one project to the next because we continued to gain trust and respect for their work.

First, clients should review OrangeYouGlad, LLC’s website and portfolio—it speaks for itself. Then, they should set up an exploratory discussion and answer the team’s questions truthfully. They aren’t a run-of-the-mill branding agency; they dig deep to provide unique and eye-catching designs and strategies.

Branding & Marketing for Online Health and Fitness Brand

“They're exceptional designers. … Their products have a fun, personable aspect.”

June 2018 - Ongoing

OrangeYouGlad is overseeing the frontend design for a series of fitness apps, while the in-house team is doing the development. They’re also creating a brand around each app, tying them into a system.

New York, NY
Don Eschenauer
Creative Director, Daily Burn

The in-house team loves the look and feel of the apps and the feedback from users has been very positive. OrangeYouGlad goes above and beyond to meet all needs, while their expertise, professionalism, and personable approach has helped them set the project up for success.

I'm the creative director at Daily Burn. We're a fitness tech company.

What challenge were you trying to address with OrangeYouGlad?

We're working on a series of new apps that are geared towards different types of fitness, such as high-intensity interval training (HIIT) workouts, yoga, and running. We needed a company to help us with visual design for this series of apps as well as with branding and marketing campaigns.

We wanted to create a new brand around each of the apps, tying them all together in a system. We also wanted the new look and feel of the apps to be connected to our old brand. OrangeYouGlad was able to do that seamlessly, accomplishing our goals. They also do the frontend design for us, while our in-house team does the actual development.

We work with Tammy (Creative Director and Designer, OrangeYouGlad) and about four other members of their team.

How did you come to work with OrangeYouGlad?

I worked with them before and I've always wanted to bring them on for another project. When the opportunity came up, I reached out to them.

We've spent about $300,000.

We started working with them in June 2018 and the relationship is ongoing.

Their products have a fun, personable aspect. Our HIIT app launched in August and we love its look and feel. We got a lot of positive feedback from users. We've stayed on track with our scheduled app launches, and the marketing campaign has been very successful.

How did OrangeYouGlad perform from a project management standpoint?

They're very organized. They're juggling multiple projects all the time, but they can handle them very effectively and meet their deadlines. We mostly use Slack to communicate. They're very sensible and easy to work with.

They're exceptional designers. They're very professional and know what they're doing, so it's been a pleasure to work with them. They get the job done, unlike some other vendors that spend weeks just talking about the project.

It'd be great if they had more UX resources and video resources, but they've done an excellent job finding what we needed.

Make sure Tammy is on the project. Everyone on their team is responsible and personable. Also, they pay attention to details, so I don't need to manage every single thing they're doing.

I've already referred them.

UX/UI & Logo Design for Swedish App Company

“We’re completely satisfied with their work. They exceeded all our expectations.”

Aug. 2016 - Apr. 2017

OrangeYouGlad took over logo design, UI/UX challenges, and app design for a children’s video platform after another firm failed. They interpreted intricate wireframes to deliver on-brand visual solutions.

Brooklyn, New York
J Milligan
Former Head, Toca TV

The project won an award and was well-received externally and at the executive level. OYG staffed talented designers and good listeners. They met deadlines and sought ways to improve their process.

I am a founding partner of a small creative agency. I was previously the head of the video division of a children’s app company and play studio.

What challenge were you trying to address with OrangeYouGlad?

We brought OYG on to help with logo design, UI/UX challenges, and app design.

They helped with a streaming video on demand platform for kids. It was an involved process that centered around registration flow and the path a free user would take to become a paid user. It was an intricate project and they did an excellent job keeping the visuals on-brand. We presented some basic wireframes that they interpreted.

The logo design was tricky. We needed the design to relate to the parent brand but also stand on its own. OYG understood our sketches and ideas and executed a great solution.

We worked directly with Tammy (Owner, OrangeYouGlad) and three or four other designers.

How did you come to work with OrangeYouGlad?

I worked with them in a previous position and had a great experience with them. They also have a prominent storefront in Brooklyn, so I was already aware of them. We considered about six design firms and initially picked a different company. That group was too expensive, the process was frustrating, and the product ultimately failed. We approached OYG and asked for their help.

We spent in the range of $25,000–$50,000.

We worked together on this project between July or August 2016–April 2017.

We’re completely satisfied with their work. They exceeded all our expectations. The project was well received and won an award. We had a bunch of people involved in the project on two continents and everyone came away pleased. We got accolades from the CEO of our parent company and OYG performed so much better than another company we worked with. It was a huge relief when they came in.

How did OrangeYouGlad perform from a project management standpoint?

They’re great. We had no issues with communication or deadlines.

They’re good listeners and very talented designers. They don’t come into a project with an ego or any preconceived sense of what they will deliver until they speak with the client.

Nothing stands out. They constantly think about their process and seek ways to make it better. They are great to work with and I don’t have any critical comments for them.

They always met their deadlines.
    We recommend them all the time.

Web Design For Furniture Company

"I felt like I had an in-house designer because they were such a major part of our work."

May 2016 - Feb. 2017

OrangeYouGlad conducted a full-scale redesign of a 2-business website, providing custom CMS development and SEO services to define branding elements and expand client options.

Rockville, Maryland
Andrew West
Marketing Strategist, Bialek

The editable platform now showcases a cohesive portfolio, attracting widespread interest from both prospective clients and the design community. OrangeYouGlad’s structured project management, outstanding creativity, and inherent understanding of each objective helped the partnership succeed.

I am the marketing strategist for a 2-brand company involved in interior design and construction. I manage a variety of marketing, architecture, and design liaison.

One brand, Bialek, provides commercial furniture for offices, hospitals, healthcare settings, etc. We outfit business interiors and offer a good deal of design and planning. The other half, Intellistruct, is a prefabricated interior construction company that offers services for walls, ceilings, floors, etc. All supplies are made off-site, and then we quickly install the items on-site.

What challenge were you trying to address with OrangeYouGlad?

Our website desperately needed a complete overhaul. At the same time, I was redoing our branding internally. We were separating our brands to avoid client confusion.

When we started, OrangeYouGlad came for a day-long discovery session. They had done a fair bit of work in advance, so we were reacting to things instead of brainstorming. They clearly understood who they were working with; my team doesn't do well with a blank piece of paper, but they’ll happily discuss set topics. We talked about which CMS [content management system] would work best and chose WordPress.

The hard-deliverable process was a new website, CMS, development and code, design, templates, and a bit of messaging help. We wanted to showcase our 2 different brands but connect them at the same time. The final deliverable was the developed website with the CMS.

OrangeYouGlad did a fair bit of illustrating and dividing content that we didn't have before to make simplify the process. That required a whole bunch of backend services.

It's all editable: I can go in and create as many items as I want, adjust any of those pieces to the user, and watch them magically drop into the right locations. If I didn’t know better, I would think that feature was hardcoded because it's so tightly integrated with everything else. We also have a blog, which is where I put our e-blasts. At first, we weren’t sure if we were going to include that, but we chose to have that feature in the end.

The functionality that’s attracted the biggest response is the fluidity of movement through the website. The site moves up and down and left and right in a logical progression, which was a big concern of ours initially.

I hope to use our projects or portfolio feature the most. It’s really complicated to figure out how to separate 2 brands but combine them in some way. We ended up creating a third piece to the site to showcase our combined projects. Users can navigate to this area in a million different ways, but all the content is in a set place for me to edit and upload. Content magically appears throughout the site in the appropriate vertical.

OrangeYouGlad also did SEO. Because I was revamping our processes, they were deeply involved in that effort. I felt like I had an in-house designer because they were such a major part of our work. We haven’t really grasped the best way to use social media, so OrangeYouGlad made sure everything was connected for us.

How did you come to work with OrangeYouGlad?

I found them through our manufacturing partner. When I visited OrangeYouGlad’s website, I was wowed by their designs and client list. Frankly, I thought I couldn't afford them, but we made it work.

At the start of the process, we interviewed 3 firms. At the end of the day, we wanted someone who’s creative and wouldn’t give us some templated system. We needed our partner to understand that a lot of our site is a brochure to help clients feel comfortable with us. The site needed to be beautiful, functional, and really express our distinctive design quality without making people think we dictate their style. It had to be beautifully designed but not so beautiful that people felt intimidated.

We interviewed OrangeYouGlad via video conference because they're in Brooklyn and we're in the DC area. Even over the phone and video, their inherent understanding—maybe even more than some of my colleagues—set them apart in my mind.

How much have you invested with OrangeYouGlad?

We spent $45,500, which was less than we should’ve paid. We got too excited about a couple of things, but I think that Tammy [Partner and Creative Director, OrangeYouGlad] decided to run with our additions and make them part of her portfolio. She uses third-party developers, so that cost included the developer. We never had to pay anyone besides Tammy.

Our first interview happened in March of 2016. The work really kicked off in May of 2016, and we rolled out the site this past February. If we have questions, they're always responsive, so we're still communicating in that sense. In every other respect, the work is finished.

We’re incredibly happy with the results. Our old website was awful, so it’s not really fair to compare it with our new site. With the old site, a visitor a day would have made us happy, and we've blown way past that with the new site. We get consistent responses from our clients. It's fun to hear that people are amazed by a furniture dealer's website. We’ve gotten great feedback from the web design community too. It's interesting to look at the analytics and see the number of visitors from design blogs, not from our clients.

We're using the website as our proposal process. I upload items to the site, which brands the content as ours, but then a potential client can go into their own proposal. That's minimized confusion between us and our manufacturers.

How did OrangeYouGlad perform from a project management standpoint?

They did a great job of keeping us in line. Tammy really excelled at getting people on board. She and I would spend time talking about different concerns with team members from my side. Our biggest concern was the number and timing of edits, but she was able to bring everyone on board by either tweaking things or walking them through the reasoning.

Because we kept adding things, the timeline stretched. I don't blame anyone for that. If I had to do it all over again, I would have just moved the deadline because we couldn't have dropped any portion of the work. Everything was so valuable to us, and that was proven by the end result.

What did you find most impressive about OrangeYouGlad?

They’re outstanding designers. Everything that they do—and I know people in town who've worked with them before—is customized for the client. I think of WordPress as just a template; that's definitely not the case.

They became a part of our team, embedded like some sort of mind meld. They understood our problems, weren’t intimidated by the solutions, and sifted through ideas to find the best options. They talked us through each of the steps. I don't think most consultants try to become an integral part of a firm like they did.

Are there any areas OrangeYouGlad could improve?

Because the developer was an outsider, I was worried that something would get lost in translation. But, OrangeYouGlad spent enough time with us and with the developer to minimize any issues.

Overall Score The whole process ended up being fun, and I don't think most people can say that about a website design.
    If we didn't meet a deadline, it was our fault, not theirs.
    We probably got a $100,000 website from this process, but we certainly didn’t pay that much.
    Everyone who’s visited the site had a great reaction, even our more difficult colleagues.
    I already have recommended them and will gladly do it again.

Branding & Design For Mental Health Company

"At every juncture, they’ve been able to capture the essence of what we want."

Summer 2016 - Ongoing

OrangeYouGlad designed palm cards, setting the stage for future branding. They continue to assist with all marketing material, including web design, graphics, orientation packets, and social media.

Paige Bellenbaum
Program Director, The Motherhood Center of New York

OrangeYouGlad is superior in their ability to get things done right by truly listening and understanding internal visions, obstacles, and branding goals. They highly value the customer relationship and go the extra mile. They were sensitive to the subject, patient, and overall a joy to work with.

I’m the program director for The Motherhood Center of New York, which is the first program of its kind in the city and state, and almost in the entire U.S. We provide treatment to pregnant and new mothers suffering from postpartum depression and anxiety.

What challenge were you trying to address with OrangeYouGlad?

There is a lot of stigma around maternal mental health, and mental health in general, so when we sought out to create a brand and image, we were very conscientious of not being too clinically overbearing or overwhelming in our messaging and imagery. We wanted to adopt warm and inviting colors and images which were appealing to the eye, but which didn’t necessarily hit anyone over the head.

In the beginning, we almost felt as though we needed to hide behind what we were doing, given that we weren’t sure how the pregnant and new mom community would respond to our offering since it had never been done in the past. Now, we’re finding that we no longer need to hide behind it, and from a text perspective, our website and marketing materials will be bolder in communicating what we do.

OrangeYouGlad took our challenges and obstacles into consideration in terms of entering into a brand new field which had never been touched before. They showed sensitivity around maternal mental health, and everything they did for us integrated global concerns clearly into the finished product.

We initially started with the design of a palm card which would serve as leave-behind material that we could give to anyone in the New York City area who came in contact with pregnant and new moms, including pediatricians, OBGYNs, midwives, birthing class staff, and so on. This first graphic set the stage for our brand, and since then, we have built everything we do around that palm card. It was warmly and positively received by the community, and we received comments on how gorgeous its colors were.

We were going to leave it at that, but because the feedback was so good, we engaged OrangeYouGlad for our website design, which led to an ongoing relationship. They’re now managing all our graphics, social media, web design, and so on.

One part of our effort is a day program for new and expecting moms with severe postpartum depression and anxiety. They’re with us all day, sometimes for 2–6 weeks depending on the severity of the situation. We also offer them an orientation packet, which is a beautiful folder with our colors and brand. Inside of it is not only orientation information, but also a place for patients to keep the worksheets for the support groups they take part in and a notebook for taking notes.

Whether it’s material with a wider reach, like doctors and clients coming to our website in order to learn about us, or material with a smaller scope, like the 50 women whom we serve in our day program, OrangeYouGlad has handled everything we’ve ever done. They even made PowerPoint presentations for our providers when we needed to present who we are and what we do.

We plan to go through another round of edits in order to make it more pertinent and show less hesitation with our message. People are not afraid to talk about this challenge and seek help as much as we thought they’d be.

How did you come to work with OrangeYouGlad?

Tammy Duncan’s [Owner, OrangeYouGlad] daughter and mine are best friends, and Tammy is one of my greatest friends on the planet. I had run for public office a few years ago and Tammy had designed my whole political campaign, including my website, Facebook page, and marketing materials. She did a phenomenal job and everyone asked me who was responsible for it.

I have historically been a social justice activist and anytime I encounter a community issue, I have gone to Tammy for flier designs. I am glad to have a new business and be able to engage OrangeYouGlad in a portfolio kind of way, instead of having one-off projects. I knew beforehand that the team was amazing, and it hardly took any selling to convince my partners that OrangeYouGlad was whom we wanted to invest in.

How much have you invested with OrangeYouGlad?

The cost of their work has been between $25,000–$30,000.

We started working with OrangeYouGlad in the summer of 2016.

I can’t say that we track any metrics but we have seen a rapidly growing subscriber list on the website. We’ve attracted close to 200 people in just under 4 months. Most of the feedback we’ve gotten for the work has been informal, though.

I cannot speak highly enough about their ability to get the work done right, based on listening to what our needs, desires, and obstacles were. We started this journey a long time ago with mood boards—when I didn’t even know what a mood board was—but it quickly became clear that there is psychology behind graphic design. I never thought about this, but after spending quality time with OrangeYouGlad and having them understand our product and needs, everything became clearly depicted in the work. The first step of designing the palm card got us such notoriety and put us on the mark quickly. Everything we’ve gotten has been satisfactory and has had a residual positive impact on anyone who’s come across it.

Again, because we focus on an untapped area in the city, we didn’t want to be so bold with the site’s design as to say, “Are you suffering from postpartum depression?” We wanted to have a bit of fun with it and mitigate the stigma around the issue. The original perception of becoming a new mother is that it’s a completely wonderful experience, but it can also be very hard. We have to give women the room to realize that the experience is not always easy and let them know that we’re here to help. OrangeYouGlad was able to capture this perfectly.

We considered whether we wanted to use actual pictures of people or amorphous shapes in our design. I’m glad that we went with a more abstract approach because that made it more appealing. The facelessness of some of our materials, and the fact that they don’t introduce the race of the women into the message, really speaks to the population visiting the site or looking at our graphics.

How did OrangeYouGlad perform from a project management standpoint?

We email each other 5 times a week around tasks like changing social media buttons and so on. I’ve never had to ask for anything more than once, and the work gets done quickly.

Tammy was the lead in the beginning, but as their portfolio started to grow, she assigned the project to one of the designers, who has been a joy to work with. She does a great job of managing the staff and keeping them accountable.

Customer satisfaction is important to OrangeYouGlad and they bend over backward for us. My new project lead is capable and talented.

What did you find most impressive about OrangeYouGlad?

The way in which customers are approached and treated is invaluable, as is the importance and priority being put on the product delivered. OrangeYouGlad has an openness to listen to us and really understand the psychology of what it is we’re trying to do. The patience factor is amazing.

OrangeYouGlad has an ability to stay on top of cutting-edge technology, and the finished product is a reflection of the journey and the active listening. At every juncture, they’ve been able to capture the essence of what we want.

Are there any areas OrangeYouGlad could improve?

I am separating my friendship and the professional relationship I have with Tammy, but I can’t think back to any experience which made me feel awkward or uncomfortable.

Overall Score I have absolutely no complaints and couldn’t ask for a better partner in helping me create a brand.
    We haven’t had any issues with missed deadlines. If anything, OrangeYouGlad delivered ahead of schedule.
    Based on our research into competitors’ prices, we’re incredibly pleased with the cost.
    The quality, from customer service to finished product, is wonderful.
    Yes, people often ask me who designed our website and printed collateral.

Branding & Design For Housing Nonprofit

"There are creative and thoughtful people on OrangeYouGlad’s side looking at what it is we’re trying to accomplish."

Fall 2012 - Ongoing

OrangeYouGlad provides overall branding work, which over the years includes branding guidelines and material — both for print and online — logos, videos, quiz games, a community database, SEO, PPC, and more.

Washington, DC
David Brown
CEO, Home Matters

OrangeYouGlad delivers professional, high-quality work that impresses even bigger firms. They produce great social media results thanks to their thought-through brand strategy and provide out-of-the-box suggestions all the time. The relationship is likely to last for many years in the future.

I am the CEO of Home Matters. We are a national movement redefining the American dream. We believe that every American should live in a safe, nurturing environment, which means having access to grocery stores, fresh food, quality education in good schools, green places to play, and all other community amenities which every citizen should have.

What challenge were you trying to address with OrangeYouGlad?

We wanted to create something that could take complicated issues like housing and community development, and transform those into a cause-friendly look, feel, and tone.

Housing community development is done in 100 different ways, but with OrangeYouGlad’s help, we were able to sum all of this into something simple that every American could understand. Through the work they’ve done over the past 5 years, we have reached a consumer-based and easily understandable brand. Our image was created to be very bold, and we’ve had nothing but compliments from day one on how the brand looks, which is due almost entirely to OrangeYouGlad.

From the outset, they’ve helped with overall brand development. We had a brand consultant who helped us with our story and narrative; OrangeYouGlad was very much involved with taking this and creating a visual output from it. They’ve designed everything related to print and online material, not only for the overall movement but also for any specific programs that come up. We have a “Home Matters to Veterans” campaign which we will be launching later this month, as well as a separate one called “Open the Door”. We’ve produced videos, as well as other separate design challenges for which OrangeYouGlad created entire websites. They’ve been responsible for everything related to our brand.

As our branding firm was helping us think through what our name would be, OrangeYouGlad came up with a handwritten logo for the organization. We love it very much because it encapsulates the feel of our movement. Given that it was actually written by hand, it alludes to someone finally sitting down at their dining room table in a safe home and writing down “Home Matters”.

OrangeYouGlad has also helped with all our branding guidelines. We have a resource library which includes all the different logos and how they should be used, anything we’ve trademarked, and any brand language which accompanies these. One of our brand tenets is “Home Matters for [Health, Education, Economy, Success]”, while another one is “Home Matters to [a particular geographic location]”. OrangeYouGlad created all the brand guidelines, logo usages, and language usages which accompany those 2 ways of using our name.

We’ve had a couple of iterations of the main website since launching it 5 years ago. We wanted it to be easy and accessible to an American. Housing and community development is a policy-steeped and brainy area. We wanted a site that would reach and captivate people straight off the street and show housing as a cause. Our website is reflective of this —it’s a very simple scroll down homepage. There are other pages where people can explore more of what we’re doing, but the main page is a simple presentation of part of our movement and an encouragement for people to join.

We show people clear ways they can become involved, one of which is a tool called the “Community Connector”. It allows users to put in their zip codes and bring up supporters within their community, which are making the homes we’re talking about possible. They can get connected through social media or other channels. OrangeYouGlad has created a database through which each of our 375 groups can create their own calls to action. We have a blog and OrangeYouGlad also developed a quiz game which walks people through why their homes are important. I believe that the site uses the WordPress platform, and we are hosted on Rackspace.

OrangeYouGlad has also provided search engine optimization and pay-per-click management. We’ve had a few social media campaigns, and they’ve continued to develop all our artwork and branding for t-shirts, banners, buttons, and so on. We send out packages for our groups to use.

How did you come to work with OrangeYouGlad?

Ideon Agency, our branding and consulting partner in New York put a request for proposal together, which we circulated around the country. They had known OrangeYouGlad from another project, and they ranked in the final 3 companies we looked at. It was a unanimous decision to go with them and we’ve used them for all our work ever since.

How much have you invested with OrangeYouGlad?

The cost of their work has been around $200,000.

We started working with OrangeYouGlad in the fall of 2012. We continue to use them for everything we do.

This past February, we had a group create a progress report on all our strategic plans. They focused on our current results on Facebook, which are very good. Much of this has to do with the artwork and branding created by OrangeYouGlad. We try to brand everything we post, and they’ve been a part of all of this, not only for creating images but also in thinking through what they should be. A big part of our success is how we look and how we communicate to consumers in midstream America. I attribute a lot of this to OrangeYouGlad.

How did OrangeYouGlad perform from a project management standpoint?

I’ve worked with creative firms which didn’t necessarily have project management in place. This is a part of the core business with OrangeYouGlad. We’ve had 5–6 time-sensitive, PR-centered projects, and they performed great for each one. Not only do they take it seriously, but it’s a part of the business.

What did you find most impressive about OrangeYouGlad?

They’re the cream of the crop. We’ve worked with huge firms on the market, including Edelman; they looked at OrangeYouGlad’s work and were impressed. The service is not cheap, but based on the professional and creative work we’ve received, it’s a steal.

There are creative and thoughtful people on OrangeYouGlad’s side looking at what it is we’re trying to accomplish. They always make suggestions we would’ve never thought of, which is exactly what we need. They don’t simply come up with cool-looking things. I have a board to report to, but there’s never been a hesitation in the last 5 years about the work OrangeYouGlad has done.

Are there any areas OrangeYouGlad could improve?

Even though I shouldn’t say they were the greatest thing ever, I have no complaints. Even when Tammy Duncan, the owner, wasn’t involved, it was clear that there was a group effort on OrangeYouGlad’s side. I was never downgraded to lower-level people, and we always liked the work.

Overall Score The collaboration has been fantastic in the last 5 years, and we will continue to use them for the next 15.
    Project management is a part of their business. There have been a few hiccups, but those were because we’ve had some big national announcements with tight deadlines.
    For what we’ve been able to get, we would have been paying a lot more on the regular market.
    Everything they’ve done has been top-notch, professional-grade work.
    They do great work. I meet with others across our network and have told them that they need to use OrangeYouGlad. They have picked up both small and large projects from our supporters.