Mobile development, iOS, Android, WP

Orangesoft is all about Mobile Application Development.

We develop different mobile applications under iOS, Android and WP for over 5 years and are happy to share our experience in development of:
- business apps
- large social networks
- indoor navigation apps
- games and animation apps

In addition to developing applications for clients, we provide outsourcing and outstaffing (contracting) services, and also we develop our own products.

Minsk, Belarus

Puzzle Mobile Game - Space Connection

Raise your IQ-level with math brainteaser Space Connection (SC). Thrilling gameplay, admirable graphics, cosmic background sound effects. Get all the precious achievements and test your logical mathematical intelligence and analytical reasoning skills.

App for Mall - MEGA

MEGA (retail brand of IKEA) is an app for comfortable shopping. Our main challenge was to build an absolutely custom UI and navigation, designed specially for this app.

Dating App For Drivers - BEEP

Beep is a unique dating service for drivers. With the app you can not only meet and communicate in traffic jams with interesting people, but also to warn of bad drivers on the road and get information about the state of traffic jams.

Car Selling Platform

The mobile app allows you to buy and sell cars, quickly and conveniently.

The application has a large database of ads from dealers, individuals and official dealers, convenient search, and the ability to quickly call the seller directly from the ad.

Business messenger - 57Yards

57Yards is a business messenger for conferences, networkings, meetups, exhibitions and other events. You can instantly text anyone within 57 yards anything you like — a question, a suggestion, your phone number, a lunch invitation or a job offer. Simple and clear interface and UX.

57Yards is our own product.

Stock Trading App - Lockstock

Get ready to purchase stocks in one tap! Lockstock is a mobile "ready from the box" app, own product of Orangesoft. Based on customer requirements, we can rapidly fast create custom version of our app.

Edufii

Edufii is a cloud based Coaching platform for the new generation of Coaches and Athletes. By combining the best elements of social media, email, collaborative software, and coaching apps, Edufii significantly improves collaboration in  skills development. Capture, collaborate and review using video, photo, text, audio, and any other type of document in real time.

Native Mobile App Support for Netherlands Software Firm

"The best measurable result is that our customers are usually quite happy with the quality of the work."

2015 - Ongoing

Orangesoft acts as an ongoing native app development partner. Contributing to both iOS and Android efforts, they base their work on pre-existing wireframes and specifications.

Eindhoven, Netherlands
Owner, IntoPeople

Users have reacted positively to Orangesoft’s development work. Orangesoft has an extensive history of on-time deliveries and is able to scale their team up or down depending on the situation at hand. Customers can expect stand-out technical skills and consistent communication.

I'm the owner of IntoPeople. We’re a software development company.

What challenge were you trying to address with Orangesoft?

We were looking for native mobile application development services.

They’ve worked on several projects for us regarding native iOS and Android app development. Generally, we provide them with the requirements and wireframes and do the project management ourselves; they act in a purely developmental capacity. They’ve also contributed their unique development perspective to our estimation process. We used to engage other agencies as well, but Orangesoft has been our sole development vendor for the past year.

On average, we use 3–4 developers. I do have a primary point of contact, but we always have direct access to their developers.

How did you come to work with Orangesoft?

I’ve known the owner of Orangesoft for quite some time. We already had a personal relationship when he started the company.

We’ve spent around $150,000.

We’ve been working together since 2015.

Our customers are usually quite happy with the quality of work performed and I would say that is the best measurable result. We have gotten good feedback about their work.

How did Orangesoft perform from a project management standpoint?

They fulfill the scope’s requirements and deliver on time. We communicate over Skype and messenger and have had no problems so far.

They’re professional and have particularly strong mobile developers. They’re also quite flexible regarding team and workforce size, which is advantageous in mobile development because it can be quite an unstable industry.

While they’re great technically, some of the developers only possess average English language skills. Improving that situation would make things a bit easier for my customers. However, this is only a minor issue.

You have to be clear with what you want to achieve. It’s best to go to them with a clear and well-defined scope of work instead of a vague description.

They keep their promises and are always on time.
    They’re fair and provide good value for the cost.
    The quality of the deliverables is always excellent.
    I’d absolutely refer them.

Unity Development for Illustrative Interactive App

“The feedback thus far from our users has been fantastic—we're confident in the final product.”

May 2017 - June 2018

Orangesoft developed an app using Unity, incorporating interactive illustrations and providing additional design work as needed.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Mary-Kei Macfarlane
Founder, Meal Monsters

Orangesoft improved the original design and technology used to build an app that has been well received by users thus far. Proactive and collaborative in their approach, their team is a joy to work with. Their expertise and affability sets them apart from other developers.

I work on the creative team for Meal Monsters, an interactive app that helps teach children how to cook.

What challenge were you trying to address with Orangesoft?

We needed help developing our app.

We provided Orangesoft with some basic designs and initial coding we'd done for some of our recipes, but they helped take our designs a step further and built the app using Unity. They've provided technical advice throughout the process that has helped guide the way we designed the illustrations for the app.

We worked with Alex (Co-founder and COO, Orangesoft) and a few other members on their team.

How did you come to work with Orangesoft?

Orangesoft found us through our Kickstarter campaign. They approached us and suggested we recode the app using Unity, which turned out to be great advice. In addition to their attractive rates, we were blown away by their knowledge and willingness to help us improve our product.

We've invested $10,000–$50,000.

We started working with them in May 2017 and the app just went live in June 2018. They continue to fix any glitches and provide support as needed.

The feedback thus far from our users has been fantastic—we're confident in the final product. We wouldn't have been able to achieve the same level of quality without them.

How did Orangesoft perform from a project management standpoint?

They managed workflows very well, especially considering our hectic schedules. They've been flexible around our needs, while ensuring all tasks are moving along in a timely manner. They're also proactive in offering solutions before anything turns into a problem.

Their kindness and attention to detail sets them apart. They've also been willing to make small changes at no additional charge. If we're able to develop the second stage of our app, we'll definitely work with them again.

They met all deadlines without a problem.
    They provided additional work without charging more for services.
    They're experts in their field.

Mobile App Development for Social Sports App

"It’s clear that the developers are experienced and do a great job."

Jan. 2015 - Ongoing

Orangesoft developed an iOS app for sports fans based on pre-existing wireframes. Their services included development and QA testing. Key functionalities include real-time data delivery and in-app messaging.

Russia
Albert Yaraliev
Product Director, Sportchat

The development of the project was stellar, and the project was great from the technical and user experience views. The project was delivered in two-week sprints and all deadlines were met. The developers are communicative and friendly, and their flexibility is highly valued.

My company developed Sportchat, an iOS app for sports fans.

What challenge were you trying to address with Orangesoft?

We hired Orangesoft to develop our app from scratch. At that time, I didn’t have a clear idea of how the app should look.

We supplied Orangesoft with wireframes and documentation. They provided iOS development, QA testing, and consultancy tools such as issue tracking, crash reports, and distributing test apps. They also helped us to develop iOS documentation regarding methods, project architecture, infrastructure, etc. One of the functionality hurdles for the project was getting real-time sports data delivered to the app through our server. The second hurdle was developing an in-app real-time messaging service that allows users to discuss live sporting events. We also have the standard social media features, such as “likes” and polls.

How did you come to work with Orangesoft?

One of Orangesoft’s developers actually recruited me while I was looking for independent iOS developers. We had a 1-hour Skype call and I could see that they were flexible and had a good portfolio. We set up a few sprints at first. I was satisfied with their project delivery and flexibility so we continued working together.

How much have you invested with Orangesoft?

We have invested around $70,000 to $100,000 with Orangesoft.

We started working full-time with Orangesoft in January 2016. We’re continuing to work together even though the business is more of a side project for me at the moment.

The project has been great from the app development side as well as from the technical and user experience view. The product development was great. Every project has some bugs in the code, and I think we had some issues regarding web circuits and real-time communication, but we overcame most of the challenges. It’s clear that the developers are experienced and do a great job. All the challenges we had were resolved in some way. From the business side, the project was far from the result I was looking for; it was not as successful as I expected it to be.

How did Orangesoft perform from a project management standpoint?

I was the project manager on our end. We had UI/UX designers and a backend developer from Orangesoft. They also provided 2 iOS developers with mostly part-time team leads who reviewed code and resolved any critical issues the developers couldn’t fix. I broke up the project into 2-week sprints. We never had any issues with communicating, which is impressive considering I’m in Moscow and the developers are in other cities. We had a 15-minute status call every morning and we could easily communicate on an hourly basis using Slack and Trello. For real-time building, we used Trello and Flux. We met all of our deadlines, give or take a little bit.

What did you find most impressive about Orangesoft?

Orangesoft has a strong and friendly team. I value their flexibility and hands-on approach. I can tell that they’re developing every day. I’m still working with them and I’ll continue to work with them.

Are there any areas Orangesoft could improve?

As a product manager, I always want developers to perform tasks the exact day they are assigned. I also think the quality of development always can be improved; there are no limits.

When we had deadlines, they met almost all of them.
    It depends. They are a great value, but when local developers lower their rates, Orangesoft becomes a bit expensive. We didn't go over budget.
    They were flexible and hands-on regarding new tasks in our sprints.
    It’s very easy to recommend Orangesoft to others because I have done it, I am doing it, and I will continue to do it.

iOS App Development for Software Solutions Provider

"The most important thing for me was that they were able to work on their own without much involvement from me."

Mar. 2014 - Sept. 2014

Orangesoft worked directly with a software solutions provider’s client to convert features of an existing web-based app into a mobile app. The app is primarily used for invoicing.

Belarus
Pavel Bulanov
Senior Project Manager, Itransition

The app’s code base is functional and well-written. The Organgesoft team was able to begin the project quickly and did more work than expected. The team did miss a deadline but was able to communicate professionally with the client about the timeline.

Itransition is a software development outsourcing company. Its main development center is in Minsk with more than 1,000 employees and offices in the US and London. We use Java, .Net, etc. At the time, I was the project coordinator. I supervised multiple development projects and was responsible for overall delivery of the projects.

What challenge were you trying to address with Orangesoft?

We had a client for which we were building a software-as-a-service system for viewing invoices. We had an in-house team of six developers working on the project. The client wanted a mobile version that had some of the same features as the web-based service. At the time, we didn’t have enough mobile developers to start that project quickly, so I contacted Orangesoft to help us with that project.

The client’s system existed before in web base form, so he created a brief document describing which of the web-based features needed to be in the mobile app. As the project coordinator, I put Orangesoft in direct contact with my client. They were able to clarify any further questions with the client. They provided 1 lead developer and 1 other developer. The project was built for iOS.

How did you come to work with Orangesoft?

I heard from a friend that Orangesoft offered mobile development. I also knew some of the team and contacted their CEO.

I needed a team that could start immediately and would be willing to work directly with the client. The other option I had was doing the project in-house, but Orangesoft was able to start quickly, and they gave a good price.

How much have you invested with Orangesoft?

This information is confidential.

We began our relationship in March of 2014, and the project was completed in August of the same year.

The most important thing for me was that they were able to work on their own without much involvement from me. Orangesoft contacted me on some issues, but there were only three or four during the project.

The application was not for the app store. It was a business application for specific services, so the metrics are not published. However, I had a contact inspect the code, and I know that it was well-written and functional.

How did Orangesoft perform from a project management standpoint?

Orangesoft was directly in contact with my client to clarify any points and to provide status updates. I was participating on all calls in the beginning to confirm they understood each other and could speak directly. In the later stages, I was only present on demos and some of the status meetings. Overall, though, they were able to communicate independently.

In general, the project management was easy. We didn’t build a huge structure for project management because of the simplicity of the project. In the beginning, we agreed on Google Sheets as a tool to use for the project. They gave us a quote and hours estimate, and we agreed on milestones and gave us weekly updates on the progress of the project.

The deadline may have slipped by a month or so, but we dismissed it. In this case, they managed the deadline with my client.

What did you find most impressive about Orangesoft?

They were convenient for me while I was working on a small scale. If I were to contact a bigger company, the project would have taken more time. They were able to start very quickly.

Are there any areas Orangesoft could improve?

In regards to the missed deadlines, they could have been more proactive in communicating that issue.

Overall Score They fixed my specific task, and they were very good.
    They are fast in terms of delivery, but when things were more complex than they anticipated, they were not proactive enough in informing my client.
    The value was outstanding. I got a lot of value for the money. They did more work than expected.
    They are great. A contact point of mine inspected the code, and I know the code was functional and well-written.
    I would recommend them for a small project with a small budget where a fast turnaround is required.