Internet Marketing Company for the Technology Age

Operation Technology is a full-service Chicago internet marketing company that specializes in web design, SEO and website analytics.

Our marketing agency services a wide range of industry specialties, combining an optimum mix of search engine optimization, social media marketing, and pay per click advertising for cost-effective, synergistic value for targeted lead generation.

Through tactical planning and creative thinking, our web marketing company will focus on growing your customer loyalty and brand awareness, increasing your sales while lowering your marketing spend. We'll show you how to harness the benefits of online engagement to ensure a return on investment. The end goal is to deliver bottom-line results to drive and convert website traffic into targeted customers. Clients hire us because they trust us. They stay with us because we get them results. You've put time into finding the right Internet marketing agency. You don't want to do it again 2 years from now. Contact us and find out why Operation Technology is a trusted agency for all things web.

Chicago, IL

Fortune 500, Healthcare, Legal, Small Business, Local

SEO & Web Design for American Restaurant

"For what we asked for, Operation Technology has exceeded our expectations."

May 2019 - June 2019

Operation Technology redesigned a website, conducted keyword research, and implemented an SEO strategy for an American restaurant. They also created event graphics and posted them to social media accounts.

Russ Goeltenbodt
Director of Marketing, Drew's on Halsted

Operation Technology successfully launched a more modern website, which has already experienced a boost in search rankings in its first few weeks. Communicative and personable, Operation Technology features an accommodating staff that offers practical digital solutions.

I am the director of marketing at Drew's on Halsted, an American fare restaurant.

What challenge were you trying to address with Operation Technology?

Our restaurant’s website had grown outdated, so we hired Operation Technology to revamp it.

The entire process of this redesign took about four weeks. Once we met with Brad (President, Operation Technology) and Bill (Director of Design, Operation Technology), they immediately set out to review our existing website and determine what our needs were.

We wanted to renew the look of our site and give our online visitors more information about our history and allow them to see examples of our food through photographs. Chicago’s Dining Guide recently featured our restaurant and one of our chefs, and we wanted that to be prominent on the site. We also wanted our website to link to other local businesses and the chamber of commerce so that we could enhance our presence in the community.

Operation Technology has also built up our SEO strategy so that people can find us easier while searching for specific keywords around our neighborhood. Before the new website launched, we were doing our marketing on foot, so their SEO work has saved us a lot of grunt work.

Lastly, we also rely on Operation Technology to create graphics for some of our special musical events and performances. We used to work with a different company for our graphics, but they took too long—maybe a week or two to receive our graphics and put them on social media. Now, Operation Technology helps expedite that process.

Brad and Bill are our primary contacts, but they have other team members as well.

How did you come to work with Operation Technology?

I knew Brad from another project when I worked somewhere else several years ago. It was a small website project, but he did a wonderful job creating it, and it was very affordable. I recommended working with him once we had the need arise at the restaurant for a new website.

We have spent less than $10,000.

The project of revamping our website lasted from May–June 2019.

Our website has only been live for about two weeks, but even in the first few days, more people were finding us. Operation Technology showed us the metrics and our growth. We used to be ranked in the 25–30 range in the search results, and now we're in the top five or top three depending on the keyword.

How did Operation Technology perform from a project management standpoint?

Their team jumped right into determining our needs and finding ways to address them. Brad and Bill were incredibly communicative—they always seemed to be available to talk about our project.

Operation Technology has a personable and knowledgeable team. I’m not all that technical, and they’ve been able to explain their processes in more straightforward terms for me.

No, not at all. We’re very happy. For what we asked for, Operation Technology has exceeded our expectations.

Website Design and SEO For Foreign Language School

"I’m enjoying a lot of new customers."

Jan. - Jan. 2013

Operation Technology designed and developed a WordPress website for a foreign language school. The team also provides long-term SEO resources in order to enhance web visibility.

Mara Bogado-Poisson
Founder and Teacher, Latin American Language Center

Operation Technology launched the WordPress site in three weeks. The new site and search optimization strategy increased profits by 40 percent within one year. The team's affordable pricing, responsive communication approach, and SEO expertise established a productive relationship.

Please give a description of your company and what you do there.

I am the founding teacher of the Latin American Language Center in Chicago. It’s a language school. We teach Portuguese and Spanish.

What was the business challenge that you were trying to address when you approached Operation Technology?

I have some kind of knowledge of search engine optimization since I studied business administration. There was a point where I really need to delegate the Web design and someone that could keep track of my search engine optimization. That’s why I contacted Operation Technology.

Was this a completely new website that you wanted developed?

Yes, and he customized it for me. He made a new, more professional one.

Did you have any specific business goals for the project?

I wanted to increase my profits.

Did the Web design project include design and development as well as training and support?

With which content management system was the site built?

WordPress.

Do you find that to be an easy-to-use and functional content management system?

Yes. For me, I tried Drupal, but it was too complicated. WordPress is much clearer and has much more functionality to it.

What was your process for selecting Operation Technology to work with in the first place?

First of all, I had met the CEO [Brad Fogel]. He was my client first. We started talking about prices, that he could give a discount to build my website. Since I really like his website and his business, I asked him if he could do something similar for me, and he did. I then signed a contract with him for one year to improve my search engine optimization. I like him and how he works. He doesn’t push me. He’s very fast. That’s what I like.

Can you give a sense of the size of the project, either in a cost range or in a personnel work hour figure?

First of all, the website was $3,000, and that was to build everything. For the search engine optimization, it was $300 per month for a 12-month contract.

When was the project completed?

Search engine optimization is still on an ongoing basis. The website was finished very fast, actually in two to three weeks. It was finished in January of 2013.

In terms of the results of the work that Operation Technology has done for you so far, is there any feedback that you can share that indicates the effectiveness of their work?

Yes, of course. It increased my profit by 35 percent to 40 percent. I’m enjoying a lot of new customers through the search engine optimization.

He’s very fast. That’s what I like. He answers my emails pretty fast, and the things that I assign him are completed quickly. Also, he’s affordable. I don’t think he’s ripping me off like any other search engine optimization [companies]. I trust him.

Looking back on the work so far, is there any area that you think they could improve on or that you would do differently?

Not for now.

It’s almost perfect.
    I have already recommended him.

Website Design and SEO For Branding and Communications Consultant

"[T]heir attention to detail and understanding of my needs...definitely set them apart."

June - Sept. 2013

Operation Technology created a WordPress site for a marketing consultant. They provided templates and SEO, and personally trained the owner to update content and customize the site's appearance.

Small business

Chicago, IL
Marlo Michalek
CEO, U208 Marketing

A polished site and more thorough knowledge of SEO analytics have helped the site owner update content and target specific audiences. Operation Technology adapted their approach to suit a startup, provided detailed instruction, and displayed a comprehensive knowledge of the WordPress platform.

Please give a brief description of your company and your role.

I am the owner of a consulting business in the branding and communications sector.

I just started last year, and I needed to develop a website, and make sure that I was getting the SEO for the site in the areas where I’m focusing.

Did you have any specific goals for the site?

For me, it was actually just getting a website developed. I wanted to be able to direct people somewhere where they could learn a little bit more about the services I offered and a little bit about my background if I met someone through a networking event. Also, I wanted to have my information out there so that on Yelp and other areas I could direct people to a site to learn more prior to actually speaking with me.

Did the scope of the work include design, development, training, and support for the website?

Yes. It started out in the beginning with my strategy of how my site was going to lay out, what it actually would entail, and what it would do. From there, I did the content myself, but then it morphed into the functional design, the templates that they were using, and then getting me structured and teaching me how to use WordPress.

What did that training involve?

Initially, they did the site and got everything set up and had me approve it. Now, I’m in initial training of how to update the site myself from a content perspective, add links, and different things like that. I’m learning in one-on-one meetings.

Why did you select Operation Technology with which to work?

For me, I wanted to select an agency that was in Chicago that was also a consulting or smaller type of company that I could work with within my budget. Through referrals, I actually know Brad [Fogel], the owner of Operation Technology. They’ve worked with a lot of clients and have done really well, and I knew that Brad would be a good person for the type of business that I was looking for.

Can you give a sense of the size of the initiative, either in a cost range or personnel work-hour figure?

It was kind of a smaller site when we first started out with the project, and it’s grown in pages through the past eight months as we’ve kind of gone through it. The work was less than $10,000.

How long did the project take?

It started summer of last year [2013] because I didn’t start my business until then. It was probably launched in August or September.

We launched the initial site probably in the first couple of weeks of meeting with them. I’ve been making updates over the last couple of months as we’ve been adding little things. This month, we started adding some pages to it and building out the site a little bit more.

In terms of results, are there any metrics or any qualitative feedback that you can share that indicates the effectiveness of their work?

Now, since we’ve built more pages, and I’ve kind of revamped the content on it a little bit, we’re just getting into really tracking the information and starting to look at some SEO keywords, and narrowing it down.

Are you happy with the design and the functionality of the website?

Absolutely. It works for me. It became the main launching pad to the theme and the feel of all my other branding components.

How would you describe Operation Technology’s performance?

They’re very flexible and easy. They give good directions. They know how to work with small to medium-sized companies really well, from understanding budgets to work with, how you start, how you have to work small and educate, and then ramp up as you go. They’re able to build the programs properly with their client because they know how to insert, at different times, enhancements to it.

When working with them, was there anything unique or special about them compared to any other companies that you may have worked with in the past?

The size and the knowledge base that they had, and their attention to detail and understanding of my needs and what I was looking for definitely set them apart.

Is there any area that you think they could improve upon or that you would do differently as a client of theirs?

No. Right now, I’m fine because they’re kind of growing with me in certain ways. They’re helping me at times when I need to add or enhance things when I’m ready. For me, it’s a really good relationship.

I’m definitely recommending. I already have. I believe in what they do.