Web & Mobile APP | Digital Marketing | Cloud

Over the last 10+ years, OpenSource Technologies (OST) has served Web and Mobile App services globally. We provide cost effective and innovative solutions to our clients. We have an in-house team of 75+ mobile app and web developers and designers.

OST Won “2019 & 2020 Philadelphia 100® Entrepreneurs Winners” Award

We ensure that our solutions surpass your expectations. We believe in absolute transparency vis-à-vis work in progress. We have proven track records in retail, high technology, manufacturing and social industries.

OST Web and Application Development Process

Ecommerce systems
Application platform
CRM functions
CRM solutions

27th Investments | Technology Systems Corporation | Silicon Valley Innovation Center | Christian Democratic Union of Germany | Kuwait Danish Dairy | WESLEYAN University | CSA Ocean Sciences | IISD  | ICTSD | Global Logic | Evergreen Herbs & Medical Supplies | Secure Swiss Data

Zepeel - Video Dating App Image

Zepeel - Video Dating App

A Video Dating App where user can upload video, make connection and talk through video message.

Ocean Sound & Marine Life Image

Ocean Sound & Marine Life

From offshore oils rigs to earthquakes on the ocean floor, Ocean Sound aims to educate people on the many ways sound can impact the underwater world.

OliOli - Health & Fitness Image

OliOli - Health & Fitness

OliOli Meditation - Unlimited access to the Danish guided meditations. Listen to the free meditation and experience more energy, better sleep, and enhanced presence.

ChildFinda - Track your family and friends Image

ChildFinda - Track your family and friends

ChildFinda lets you locate all of your family members, or friends, at anytime. This is really useful when a child is coming home from school, or elsewhere, or when your partner or friend is travelling.

KDD Image

KDD

KDD is a leading dairy and food manufacturer in Kuwait. Through this app customer can order favorite KDD products online and get it delivered to their door step as per their schedule.

FDT - Internet of Things Image

FDT - Internet of Things

A mobile app using which you can control the air freshner and get notifications for refilling.

Egebjerg Købmandsgård - Superbrugsen groceries Image

Egebjerg Købmandsgård - Superbrugsen groceries

Choose and order products from a large range of products from Superbrugsen. Login to view and re-order the previously placed orders.

Silicon Valley Innovation Center Image

Silicon Valley Innovation Center

Visit Silicon Valley to connect with the Disruptive Technologies and Emerging Trends

ShadowShield - Automotive Protection Image

ShadowShield - Automotive Protection

Shadow Shield is the largest paint protection film distributer in Canada since 1999.

OceanSpecialists - Delivering Global Connections Image

OceanSpecialists - Delivering Global Connections

OSI is a leading subsea cable consulting and advisory firm for telecommunications network solutions.

IISD - The Knowledge to Act Image

IISD - The Knowledge to Act

The International Institute for Sustainable Development (IISD) is an independent think tank championing sustainable solutions to 21st century problems.

InstantKosher - Grocery Delivery Service Image

InstantKosher - Grocery Delivery Service

Instant kosher is a grocery delivery service. InstantKosher delivered on demand from favorite local supermarkets in an one hour.

Wesleyan College Image

Wesleyan College

This is an official website of Wesleyan Colleges. We redesigned the website as per client's requirement.

A new look for Bodhi Group Image

A new look for Bodhi Group

PROJECT GOALS

Design and User Experience Development- The website had to be redesigned and made responsive such that it could be accessed from any smart device. While on job, we focused on profound understanding of users and also considered the business goals of Bodhi Group.  We have used great design, development, navigation and much more to revamp the website.

WordPress Upgradation- We believe

that visual content is pivotal to effective web design. WordPress offers thousands of plugins to enhance usability. We had to upgrade WordPress to the latest stable version. WordPress , with its kitty of abundant plugins can be utilized towards enhancement  of functionalities.

Web Development for Photography Company

"It’s been a huge positive for our business."

Oct. 2019 - March 2020

A photography company hired OpenSource Technologies Inc. to build a new website. The team assisted with updating and uploading different pieces of content, including pictures and videos.

Coatesville, Pennsylvania
Shawn Sims
Owner, TrueVine Photography

The responsive website is attracting new clients to the business. The creative team at OpenSource Technologies Inc. is patient, accommodating, and detail-oriented. Their project management style is also noteworthy.

I’m the owner of TrueVine Photography, a commercial photography company.

What challenge were you trying to address with OpenSource Technologies Inc.?

We needed to build a new website.

I let them know exactly what I needed within a website. Along with building the site, they help me with uploading and updating content.

Mark (Business Development) was the manager of the project. We also worked with two other people who worked closely on the site.

How did you come to work with OpenSource Technologies Inc.?

I see Mark once a week in our networking group. I was able to see the work they do through presentations at the group. It was time for me to upgrade my site, and I knew I could trust their company.

We’ve spent between $4,700–$5,000.

We worked together from October 2019–March 2020.

The site is responsive and works well. It attracts a lot of clients. The feedback has been phenomenal. It’s been a huge positive for our business.

Throughout the engagement, the team remained patient with me. Mark was extremely attentive, sending me frequent reminders.

How did OpenSource Technologies Inc. perform from a project management standpoint?

From a project management standpoint, they were phenomenal. Mark was always on me, making sure everything was available. The entire team worked well with me, even with setting me up on a payment plan. We communicated through phone and email.

The timing of the project. When they said they were going to get things done, their team got them done. Their creativity was also noteworthy. They did a great job putting everything together, and if I didn’t like something, they would make the change without any additional charge.

Not that I could tell. Everything moved smoothly.

I just gave them a referral today. I discussed the ease of communication and their payment plan. I seem to be referring people to them every week.

Web & E-commerce Development for Online Grocery Store

"OpenSource Technologies’ work has been very helpful for business."

Mar. 2017 - Ongoing

OpenSource Technologies Inc. is developing a website for an online grocery store. They integrated ordering functionalities and streamlined product categories to optimize shoppers’ user experience.

Lawrence, New Jersey
Meenu Mittal
Manager, Online Grocery Store

OpenSource Technologies Inc. has delivered stellar work that’s given the client a greater digital presence. The site has led to many online orders. The team is responsive and troubleshoots quickly. The client recommends them for their quality, communication skills, and ability to adhere to budgets.

I’m the manager of a grocery store that recently went online.

What challenge were you trying to address with OpenSource Technologies Inc.?

We wanted to sell our products online, so we needed help in building our website. We also wanted to create an app.

OpenSource Technologies is creating a WordPress website where people can place online orders for pickup. The team helped narrow down the best categories to create browsing options for shoppers.

There are currently three teammates assigned to the project. Manish (CEO, OpenSource Technologies Inc.) is my main point of contact, but I’m also working with a designer and an engineer.

How did you come to work with OpenSource Technologies Inc.?

Someone in my family had worked with them before and recommended them.

We’ve spent $50,000–$100,000.

We began working together in March 2017, and the project is still underway.

OpenSource Technologies’ work has been very helpful for business. Thanks to them, we’ve enjoyed greater visibility. The website has seen increased traffic, and we’ve had many people place orders for pick-up.

They typically solve issues within 24 hours, and they’re responsive. We communicate via email.

Out of all the companies I’ve worked with, they’re the most communicative, and they provide the highest quality of work.

There were a few occasions where I needed to remind them of tasks that they’d forgotten about.

Once you set the budget, they’ll make it work. You can also trust that they’ll be responsive.

Mobile App Dev & Web Dev for Investment Firm

"There’s never been a question of whether they could do the work."

Sep 2018 - Ongoing

OpenSource Technologies Inc. provided full-scale app and website development for an investment firm. Their team designed the UX, provided all coding, and helped with marketing and publishing.

Atlanta, Georgia
Pegah FiroozI
COO, 27th Investments LLC

Through OpenSource Technologies Inc.'s efforts, users were able to effectively use the app's functionalities. The backend was very high-quality. Their communication and ability to deliver on time was fantastic. They are very knowledgeable and understanding.

I’m the chief operating officer of 27th Investments. We manage and operate five different corporations in different industries.

What challenge were you trying to address with OpenSource Technologies Inc.?

We started our relationship with OpenSource Technologies when trying to start a mobile app for 27th Investments for our investors and clients to have access to information. They moved into website design and setting up servers. Increasingly, they’ve been involved with other kinds of things.

They helped with app design. Their team built an app that you can download on your iPhone or another design. Full-scale app development was supplied, from design to information to client interaction. They also did all UI/UX and helped publish the app through the iOS App Store and Google. After the app was running, we started working with their marketing department as well.

There was one person that was always the point of contact with any issues that may have come up. Each department that they had for app development had a person who took care of the development as well as the actual work and design. I communicated with that person as well as their project manager for each department.

How did you come to work with OpenSource Technologies Inc.?

They were recommended by somebody I know.

We’ve spent between $50,000 and $100,000. There’s also a monthly marketing spend.

The project began in September 2018 and is ongoing.

We did a lot of in-house testing and the app functioned how we wanted it to function. They also did a great job with the website, which had a more complex backend. Some issues came up, but they immediately fixed it. They put their own ideas and opinions on things. They don’t just rely on information coming from us.

Whatever issues we had, it would get resolved almost immediately. It’s very easy communication. They’ve been extremely accommodating. Everything was delivered on time.

Their knowledge of technology and ability to communicate were impressive. There’s never been a question of whether they could do the work.

No, I can’t complain.

They should contact them and tell them exactly what they need.

Website Development & SEO for Transportation Company

“Their team took the time to understand my business and kept devising ways to work with customers.”

Feb. 2019 - Ongoing

OpenSource Technologies Inc. handles all aspects of SEO and website development for a Pennsylvania Department of Motor Vehicles agent. They produced two new sites for the company.

Colmar, Pennsylvania
Lance Davidson
Agency Principal, 309 Enterprises LLC

Directly following the start of their engagement together, the team’s SEO efforts catalyzed a 20% increase in web traffic and a 30% boost in phone calls. The client is now appearing higher in search results for targeted keywords and has a site that is both clear and navigable for customers.

I’m the agency principal at 309 Enterprises. We’re an authorized agent for the Pennsylvania Department of Motor Vehicles.

What challenge were you trying to address with OpenSource Technologies Inc.?

It’s vitally important for me to have a web presence. Most of the people who use my services need to transfer a vehicle title, which is required in our state. My company does that transfer, but most customers don’t know who I am until they come for their title transfer appointment. We need a good web presence and a comprehensive site to make sure I show up on top of search results.

Their team handles my SEO to ensure that we show up on the top of SERPs. Along with that, they designed my website to be best optimized for SEO. Because my business expanded rapidly after they designed my first site, they created a new website for me that’s about 500% larger than the first. The site is designed for consumers but can be used for businesses with commercial vehicle needs.

The layout of the solutions includes links that connect our company to the Pennsylvania Department of Motor Vehicles. That gives customers the resources to collect all the required forms on their own before they even need my help. They also suggested that I include functionalities that allow for those with sight or hearing impairments to understand our content.

That comes in handy for the registrations I provide for handicapped drivers. They even went as far as developing a privacy policy for my team. They’re still on contract for site maintenance and SEO.

I deal directly with two main points of contact. However, they also work with content writers and other specialists on our account.

How did you come to work with OpenSource Technologies Inc.?

I was introduced to them through my local chamber of commerce.

We spent between $20,000–$40,000 with them.

We started working together in February 2019, and our collaboration is ongoing.

Traffic and phone calls increased as soon as they started handling my SEO efforts. Initially, phone calls increased by about 30%, and foot traffic increased by 20%.

The new site is easy to understand, providing users with a step-by-step plan of what they need prior to arriving here. Now, whenever someone searches for a key phrase relating to my services, my site is now showing higher and higher.

They make quick updates to the site and adjust their keyword strategy rapidly. At this point, I’m noticing my phone ringing more because people are now very aware of what I offer. That was really impressive.

They were patient and focused when following up with me. My main point of contact was incredibly understanding.

They went above and beyond my expectations for them, pointing me in the right direction for tasks outside of their scope of work. We’re a small business that’s not focused on tech. They wanted to learn more about our business, which was pretty niche. Their team took the time to understand my business and kept devising ways to work with customers. That led to many changes in my SEO strategy. Throughout, they really had a lot of patience with me.

I’d recommend them to anyone. In fact, I’ve already referred them to two other businesses.

Choose them for their quality work.

Website Development for Marketing and Advertising Company

"To say it as simply as possible: I feel like I’m their only client."

Feb. 2019 - Ongoing

OpenSource Technologies developed crawling and extraction capabilities to migrate data from supplier’s website to a wholesaler’s. A two server-setup supports inventory level and product description gathering.

Boco Raton, Florida
Matt Lamarr
President, Bango Systems

Constant product updates enhanced the wholesale website’s UX, contributing significantly to a tripling in monthly business. OpenSource remains a valuable partner via their stand-out availability and requirement development. Beyond implementing fixes, they excel at creative problem-solving.

I own Bango Systems, an e-commerce company that sells wholesale goods all over the country. We work in a bunch of different capacities, selling different types of goods, and so on.

What challenge were you trying to address with OpenSource Technologies?

We had our website custom developed on the OpenCart platform by another team. They did a great job of it, but we needed some functionalities that the other team we’d worked with just couldn’t handle. I presented a current issue we were having to them, and they came back saying it was impossible to fix, and they couldn’t think of any other ways to do it.

We’re working with a supplier with a huge website and millions of products on it. We don’t carry every product our supplier does; only a few of them. Our supplier couldn’t give us a CSV export or an Excel file with all of the SKUs and an inventory level. What we required was to scrape that supplier’s website, download all the information relevant to us, (leaving the information that wasn’t) including product descriptions and pictures, and update it every couple of days with the new products added that met our requirements.

That also required that we setup a custom scraper to grab inventory levels, and that was not something our supplier was making easy for us. We could get the inventory levels if we wanted, because they were just listed on the website, but we couldn’t get them in the form of a CSV. OpenSource did tons of engineering work to set up two separate servers to go in and pull in all of this information, perform the backend work, and post it on our site. They put it on our site with no issues. It was a huge project, and they pulled it off flawlessly.

We still use OpenCart, and OpenSource built inside it using PHP and Java.

I’ve worked directly with two people from OpenSource: the project manager and their head engineer. I know that the head engineer runs a team, but I haven’t dealt with anyone there, aside from a couple of times to answer some questions.

How did you come to work with OpenSource Technologies?

I started looking for a new team that could take over what our original development team had put together for us. Looking for a provider to take over existing work is always a nightmare, but I found OpenSource and reached out to them.

They’re an OpenCart preferred provider. I did some googling for those kinds of firms and reached out to them, but I didn’t get a good feeling from anyone until I talked to OpenSource.I scheduled a call with them about the custom functionalities I wanted to build, and I appreciated that they had US reps working US hours, which is rare. I was able to talk to someone then and there. After considering my problem, they came back telling me that they had to learn the specifics, but that they thought it was doable.

Most companies I talked to previously asked me exactly how I wanted the problem to be solved, but I’m not technical enough to put together a plan. OpenSource laid out exactly how they thought it should be done, which was refreshing. They didn’t sugarcoat it though. They told me that what I was asking for was pretty serious, and required two different servers to be set up and all kinds of scripts to be run. But, they came together and built that complex system perfectly for us. They did it on time and slightly under budget, too.

The total cost has been in the $40,000–$50,000 range.

We started working with OpenSource in February 2019, and the collaboration is ongoing. The one functionality piece we gave them has worked so well that we’ve been working with them since, on the same website. We update, fix, and move things around to make the experience better for our customers. I don’t see us coming to a halt with them anytime soon.

The site was not pretty when they started working with us, in the sense that it was slow, annoying, tough to work with, and didn’t perform properly. It was a good base to start with, but it was a bear to use for our customers. Before we started working with OpenSource, we were doing $25,000–$30,000 per month in business. Now, we’re doing well over $90,000 per month. That’s a big step up in only a couple of months, and we credit a good amount of it to OpenSource. Some of that is due to the marketing we’ve done a company, but none of that growth would’ve been possible if our website still sucked, and our website doesn’t suck anymore.

How did OpenSource Technologies perform from a project management standpoint?

To say it as simply as possible: I feel like I’m their only client. Having hired a lot of contractors to do a lot of things for me over the years, I find that to be unbelievably rare. When I send a message or call OpenSource, they immediately respond and handle whatever I’m asking for. They project plan whatever I asked for within hours, not days. If I ask for a task, they come back with a plan in three hours and are ready to execute.

Everything about them is noteworthy. I can go to them whenever I have an issue or new idea for the site, and their answer is always yes. They always come in with a reasonable quote, and their support is amazing. I’ve leaned on them during a lot of Saturdays and Sundays, and during midnights, when the site went down. We’ve done a lot with them, and it’s been a great relationship so far.

I have no complaints about them. We’re always working together, and they’re always responsive. Their support is amazing, and we’ve continued to work with them on an ongoing basis.

The biggest adjustment for me was telling them what I wanted. I’ve worked with different contractors that wanted me to tell them how to do what I wanted done. With OpenSource, I just tell them what I want, and they put a plan together for me and do it. That’s amazing, and it’s the best part about working with them, but it threw me in the beginning. I was giving them overly technical directions, which didn’t confuse them, but it wasn’t the way they did it.

I advise clients to tell them what they want, not how to do it or how to get there. Just tell them what the end goal is, and let them put the plan together to get you there. They will, every time.

Overall Score I really couldn’t be happier with what they’ve done for us.
    If they say something’s going to be done the next Monday, they send us the link for it the Friday before.
    They’re affordable compared to a lot of firms out there.
    They deliver good work and immediately revise whatever doesn’t match what I’m looking for.

Web Update & Development for Hardware E-Commerce Site

"The team’s strong communication skills distinguish them."

2014 - Ongoing

OpenSource Technologies updated an OpenCart website. Having completed a server migration, the team now provides ongoing backend development services

Kansas City, Missouri
James Hopkins
General Manager, Buy Door Hardware Now

The team overcame several hurdles and delivered the website. OpenSource Technologies is a communicative partner, but a higher degree of subject matter expertise would benefit the long-term partnership. Customers can expect timely and professional work.

I’m the general manager of Buy Door Hardware Now. We sell commercial hardware online throughout the United States.

What challenge were you trying to address with OpenSource Technologies?

The team is our web development partner.

OpenSource Technologies updated our existing website to the new OpenCart version and migrated it to a new server. The ongoing partnership has been limited to backend development.

The owner oversees work done by the manager and three developers.

How did you come to work with OpenSource Technologies?

We found them through the OpenCart website.

We’ve spent between $15,000–$25,000.

We started working together in 2014 and the partnership is ongoing.

The experience was stressful, but they were professional and pushed through the hurdles. We’re happy with the team and continue to use them.

How did OpenSource Technologies perform from a project management standpoint?

The team provides responsive service in a timely and professional manner. We usually have teamwide emails, calls or Skype.

The team’s strong communication skills distinguish them.

OpenSource is very knowledgeable in many areas.  We’ve used them to develop our website, add google reviews, SEO keyword work, and our email system just to name a few.  In terms of possible areas to improve, I wish they knew a little more about the merchant processors and all involved in the credit card checkout process.

When it comes to technology services, tasks can be broad.  What seems simple sometimes becomes very complicated.  You must be very precise about explaining what you need and then let the experts decide how to get you there.  Know that costs are usually based on time.

They've always met their deadlines and I've understood the cases where they didn't.
    The rates are better compared to other vendors.
    They've accomplished everything I needed. But we have to do most of the testing.
    I've already referred them.

Drupal Web Development For Nonprofit

“OpenSource Technologies works on a quick turnaround time.”

Jan. - May 2018

OpenSource Technologies designed a template for use in a Drupal website. This asset can be used to display an organization’s accomplishments. They used an iterative design process with the internal tech team.

Ottawa, Canada
Manager, Nonprofits

OpenSource Technologies created a flexible design asset that will prove useful to showcase a company’s future endeavors. The in-house team has uniformly praised the deliverable on its sleek appearance. The team kept a responsive line of communication and delivered work promptly.

I’m the web and digital manager for a nonprofit organization in Canada. We operate in the think tanks space to influence policy.

What challenge were you trying to address with OpenSource Technologies?

We knew OpenSource Technologies was familiar with our Drupal site infrastructure and our organization, so we turned to them for support. Primarily, we needed them to create a template we could use as a new format to illustrate some narratives in our work

Our website is built on a Drupal framework. I put together initial wireframes and handed them over for OpenSource Technologies to review. We discussed how we wanted to them to implement it. They copied the current theme we'd been using and developed a module based on these materials. Using this method made it easier to integrate back into our system once it was complete.

Upon design confirmation, they quoted us a price, and we moved forward with the engagement. We kept an open line of communication back and forth. After they’d complete an aspect of the site, they'd return it to me for revisions. We continued using that feedback loop until the project was finished.

We worked with 2-3 people from OpenSource Technologies.

How did you come to work with OpenSource Technologies?

We selected OpenSource Technologies for this project based on our previous relationship. When we’d partnered together in the past, they had performed timely work.

We started working together in January or February of this year.  OpenSource Technologies completed this component of the site in May 2018.

OpenSource Technologies created a template that helps us illustrate the efforts our organization is hoping to accomplish. We would like to use it again for other formats and pieces of work. In-house members of our organization are enjoying the way it turned out. They've made positive comments on the fresh new look and feel.

How did OpenSource Technologies perform from a project management standpoint?

Our frequency of communication ranged from daily to weekly. Since they're located offshore, the language barrier caused some miscommunications with colloquial speech. Sometimes, I had to elaborate on my explanations to ensure clarity.

OpenSource Technologies works on a quick turnaround time. The director completes my requests within a day or two of when I contact him. His teammates are equally prompt to respond and deliver.

OpenSource Technologies uses a centralized approach. A lead developer or manager disseminates information to the rest of the team. At times, they'd have to pull in one of their designers or developers to answer my questions about the design or backend. Sometimes I had to wait a few hours to hear back, but that's to be expected from this method.

I encourage future clients to be as detailed as possible about what they want OpenSource Technologies to create. Outlining every single detail will ensure that the finished product won't be missing any components. Everything should be covered and documented.

Overall Score OpenSource Technologies was open to feedback and took it very well. They were very quick to respond, and the entire team was highly involved.
    Despite the time zone difference, they were always more than accommodating of our schedule. They were even willing to get up early for discussions.
    Many other agencies’ costly solutions are a 300%–400% markup from what OpenSource Technologies offers.
    They worked hard to rectify broken or incompatible aspects to ensure a strong final product.
    They’re a better partner for those with a technical background than for someone who knows nothing about websites.

SEO & Content Writing for Mobile Dating App

"They deliver on their promises consistently and perform excellently."

Feb. 2018 - Ongoing

OpenSource Technologies provides various SEO services, including backlink and keyword development, content writing, and backend coding.

London, Canada
CEO, Zepeel, Inc

OpenSource Technologies' techniques have boosted social media activity, site traffic, and overall efficiency. Despite an unfavorable exchange rate, their value-for-money ratio is high. Plus, their responsiveness fosters a team-centric environment that results in quality solutions.

Introduce your company and what you do there.

I am the CEO and founder of Zepeel Inc., a mobile video dating app.

What challenge were you trying to address with OpenSource Technologies?

We were struggling with online visibility so we needed SEO assistance.

They write content for our website, including articles and blogs. They developed keywords and built backlinks to drive traffic to our site. They also made minor coding changes to our website to make it more appealing and informative.

I initially interacted with Manish (CEO, OpenSource Technologies) but now primarily interact with my project manager. We also work on a regular basis with another colleague and one blog writer.

How did you come to work with OpenSource Technologies?

I discovered them from an email that offered SEO services. I expressed interest, then Manish contacted me.

How much have you invested for their services?

We’ve invested around $7,000.

We’ve been working with them since February 2018.

When we promote our blogs and articles on social media, we get many more likes and comments. Since we’re now in the top 10 results on Google, our organic web traffic has risen—largely because of the keywords they helped us implement. We’re still working on increasing conversions, however.

How did OpenSource Technologies perform from a project management standpoint?

They deliver on their promises consistently and perform excellent work. We communicate regularly and have monthly calls to review data and results. They are easy to work with and accommodating to our needs.

They respond quickly to any questions or issues. Unlike other companies that take their time in responding, OpenSource Technologies resolves all of our email inquiries the same day.

There aren’t any areas for improvement. Whenever there is an issue, we discuss it and resolve it immediately.

Do you have any advice for potential clients?

The partnership works best as a collaborative effort; be prepared to work toward the end goal as a team.

Overall Score Everything is going well and we'll continue working on improving our ranking and increasing conversions with them.
    We schedule deadlines every month and they always meet our expectations in that timeframe.
    The cost is good—especially compared to other firms. The only issue is the Canada-U.S. exchange rate, but the base price is good.
    Whenever we need to make changes, they quickly remedy the situation.
    I would absolutely refer them to a friend or colleague.

Web Design & Web Dev for Herbal Medicine Company

“It was a big challenge, but they were able to deliver a solution that made the site easier to use.”

June 2017 - Ongoing

OpenSource Technologies used PHP to develop frontend and backend functionalities for an herbal medicine company. They added new features such as an alphabetical or product ID search. The work is ongoing.

California
IT Director, Herbal Medicine Company

OpenSource Technologies succeeded in creating the desired functionalities and features, and customers appreciate the site’s enhancements. The team delivers bug-free, high-quality work alongside continuous and responsive communications.

I’m the IT Director of an herbal medicine company.

What challenge were you trying to address with OpenSource Technologies?

We wanted to make our site more mobile-friendly and add more features to it. We had a lot to update which required more workforce.

They worked on both the frontend and backend functionality. They used PHP to build the site. Our site is industry standard, but we wanted our customers to be able to search for products either alphabetically or with a product ID. We are still working with them to add more features.

We worked with 4–5 people for this project including a project manager, designers, and developers.

How did you come to work with OpenSource Technologies?

We found them through an online search.

We spent between $10,000–$25,000.

We started working with them in June 2017 and the work is ongoing.

It was a big challenge, but they were able to deliver a solution that made the site easier to use. People have been happy with the additional functionality and features that they were able to implement for us. We haven’t had any bugs.

How did OpenSource Technologies perform from a project management standpoint?

They are pretty good at achieving their milestones. They are usually on time. Anytime they needed extra time, they communicated it to us.

The project manager is excellent. We are in constant communication, which I like. I have been pretty impressed with their timely completion of their work, and they always answer our questions and sort out any issues that may come up.

No. So far, it has been working well for us and we like the way that things have been going.

Ecommerce Web Dev & SEO for Solar Installation Contractor

“OpenSource expertly follows best practices and has phenomenal customer service.”

Aug. 2016 - Ongoing

OpenSource took over web dev after a previous company failed to deliver. They fixed the shopping cart platform and updated the entire website. OpenSource then began SEO work and continues to do so.

Mount Vernon, Washington
Co-owner, Fire Mountain Solar

OpenSource has a transparent workflow and is incredibly responsive. Their work increased site traffic and improved the online presence. Unlike other agencies, OpenSource clearly lays out their plans and explains what they’re doing. The time and language barriers are sometimes an issue but bearable.

I’m the co-owner and business administrative manager of Fire Mountain Solar. We’re a solar installation contractor that also sells product throughout the United States, Puerto Rico, Mexico, and Canada.

What challenge were you trying to address with OpenSource Technologies?

We had another company develop a shopping cart for our website in the OpenCart platform. They weren’t able to adequately service us, so we needed someone else to take on the project.

OpenSource has done a great job of fixing most of the previous issues. In addition to the shopping cart work, they also do our SEO, and we’ve been pleased with the results.

We found out that our credit card processing company didn’t have a plugin for OpenCart (where our shopping cart is), so that was a problem. OpenSource went to create the custom plugin but found that our version of OpenCart was extremely outdated. We’d been planning to update our website anyway, and this just made us decide to do it earlier—we wanted to fix everything at once.

OpenSource put together a highly detailed proposal that clearly outlined what they would need, what they would do, and how long it would take. We iterated on the site together, testing it and making notes on what to improve. We just finished and now have a completely new website with an upgraded OpenCart shopping cart.

How did you come to work with OpenSource Technologies?

I searched on the OpenCart website for a company that was familiar with their platform. OpenSource Technologies had a US phone number, which is why I contacted them. They’re based in India, but after having a conversation with the CEO, I decided to do a trial run. It went well, so we hired them.

We’ve spent around $25,000 so far.

We’ve been working together since August 2016.

Because we’re a small company and didn’t have a dedicated website person, our online presence was virtually nonexistent. Since working with OpenSource, we’ve definitely noticed a change in our website traffic. We’re also starting to appear in searches for key areas that we’re targeting.

We’re currently doing bug checks and testing, and everything seems to work well for the most part.

How did OpenSource Technologies perform from a project management standpoint?

They’re incredibly responsive, which is amazing considering the time difference. We speak multiple times on the phone and have conference calls to address any issues. The team is patient, and the only delay was because of me—I didn’t get them what they needed soon enough.

I have a bit of experience with SEO, and I was impressed with their processes. We’d briefly worked with a local SEO company, and they were incredibly disorganized and not communicative. I was paying them but had no idea what they were doing; when I would ask, they’d give me a vague explanation. OpenSource, on the other hand, uses best practices and clearly communicates what they’re doing.

OpenSource expertly follows best practices and has phenomenal customer service. Their business model is organized and professional, which allows us to quickly solve issues and concerns.

It would be helpful if they had a native American English speaker. The culture, time, and language barriers mean I have to pay close attention to some of the text they write. I have a website monitor, though, so it hasn’t been a huge problem. Also, if they had someone fluent in American English, they’d be able to offer more copywriting services in conjunction with SEO, which we needed. That’s a service I’d be interested in.

I've recommended them to quite a few people.