US Expat Taxes Made Easy

We are a CPA firm specializing in the complex international taxation issues of U.S expatriates and companies abroad. We help our clients with more than just tax returns. Our expertise in international business structuring, financial advisory, pension classification and more makes us a leading choice for all your expat CPA needs.

New York, NY

• Tax Preparation
  • Financial Accounting

Accounting Services for Food Scientist

“I can't say I'm impressed with anything they do. There's nothing noteworthy or distinguishable about their work.”

2.5
1.5
1.0

2016 - 2019

Online Taxman files annual taxes for a scientific research platform in nutrition and food science. They have also helped with incorporation documents and small accounting tasks as needed.

Washington, District of Columbia
Principal & CEO, Clinical Research Firm

They file on time, but the partnership suffers from poor communication and a variety of other issues. Online Taxman does not usually take the initiative, and there are gaps in their expertise. The collaboration is not likely to last much longer.

We are a small scientific research platform that runs clinical trials in nutrition and food science. I'm the principal and CEO.

What challenge were you trying to address with Online Taxman?

I hired them for their accounting services.

They do my end-of-year taxes and a few other accounting tasks. I do my own bookkeeping, but they help with filing. They are only sporadically available. When they first started working with me, they did a lot of the filings related to my incorporation requirements. I've had to go back and redo that work several times.

I work with at least three members of their team. I believe one of those contacts is a partner, and the other two are accountants.

How did you come to work with Online Taxman?

A friend uses them and recommended them. I hired them based on that recommendation.

I spend about $1,200 a year for them to file my taxes. I'm tempted to ditch them in favor of an online platform I started using this year.

I've used them for my 2016, 2017, and 2018 taxes.

They file my taxes. Beyond that, I'm not skilled enough to say how accurate they were. Judging by their services, I'm probably not going to use them much longer. I've never had any major issues, but that’s because I keep my books clean and up-to-date on my side.

How did Online Taxman perform from a project management standpoint?

Most of our contact with them is toward the end of the year, but I've faced constant issues with them. Most of our communication is through email or phone. If I had to grade them, I'd give them a C minus overall. They only give short answers, and it took a long time for them to file everything correctly. They're quicker to bill me than they are at problem solving. Issues rarely get resolved unless I go in and fix them myself.

I paid them to set up my LLC, but I have to spend a half-day each year with my local office of revenue to correct ongoing issues. They don't seem to have the expertise they promised.

Choose another option. I would not recommend them.

2.5
    They filed my taxes on time, but I often had to wait for responses from them.
    I don't think they put in much time, and I feel I could do better filing for myself in the future.
    They got the work done, but the process was painful and communication was poor.
    I wouldn't refer them.