Elevate Your Online Presence.

Bronze

Online Optimism is a leading digital marketing agency. We bring smart, 21st century advertising solutions to age-old problems. Using a data-driven approach, Online Optimism achieves the best results for your marketing campaigns so you can accomplish your goals. Our research and expertise, combined with your company’s insight and experience, enable us to produce practical, long-lasting outcomes.

New Orleans, LA
  • 1100 Saint Andrew St.
    New Orleans, LA 70130

Our mobile-first redesign took center stage of our marketing campaign. Users on desktop and tablet devices were directed to appointment forms, and users on mobile devices were steered to call St. Thomas directly.

Our website relaunch was a stunning success. Every metric our team reviewed improved in a measurable fashion, from decreasing the bounce rate to increasing time on site.

Patients expressed

satisfaction with the easy appointment system, and hundreds of conversions per month were delivered to the organization.

Web Dev and Design for World Trade Organization

"They treated me like I was their most important client in every interaction."

Aug. 2018 - Jan. 2019

Online Optimism designed and developed a new WordPress website. They condensed the site’s page count and created custom fonts and page designs. They also integrated a plugin for frontend edits.

New Orleans, Louisiana
Meaghan McCormack
VP of Marketing & Communications, World Trade Center New Orleans

The launch of the new site dramatically boosted the user base, which continues to increase with a corresponding drop in bounce rate. Online Optimism’s delivery of a functional backend and their technical support eliminated the cost of outside maintenance. They’re a capable and dedicated partner.

I am the vice president of marketing and communications for the World Trade Center of New Orleans. We are a membership organization with about 200 company members and close to 1300 individual representatives of companies who belong to our membership. A lot of what I do is related to event planning and coordinating programmatic and educational events for our members.

What challenge were you trying to address with Online Optimism?

We had a really outdated WordPress website. I was looking to modernize it and increase functionality on the backend. We also needed frontend improvements focused on UX. I had a vision of making the website more modern and cleaner with larger fonts.

They were instrumental in the creative process of building our website. There are over 300 world trade centers, and we had to match their branding guidelines, but I also wanted our website to have its own twist and highlight and showcase New Orleans. I gave Online Optimism the branding guidelines from the World Trade Center Association, and I told them about my basic ideas, but as far as the design went, I didn’t have a ton of ideas of what exactly they should do.

Their team came up with the fonts that fit the guideline, would look the best on the website, and would be the easiest to read. They helped us decrease the number of pages from 100 to about 30 on the website, and they helped to showcase our three main focus areas: education, connection, and advocacy. I had sent them some samples of other World Trade Center sites that I liked, and they took some of the elements of those other sites and implement them in ours. For example, the World Trade Center of Denver is known for the mountains. Their website has a mountain outline on the homepage of their site and every other page. I wanted something similar, and one of their team members, JP (Design Director, Online Optimism) created the city skyline silhouette by hand.

We were concerned about having to pay for stock images and related art, as we didn’t have a ton of photos in-house that were good enough to be on the homepage of our website. Since Online Optimism is a social media company and has a lot of clients that work in downtown New Orleans, they used some stock imagery that they already owned for our site, which I felt was really helpful. They took my simple vision and went 100 miles past that.

JP did the majority of the work and was our main point of contact. Flynn (CEO, Online Optimism) was helpful as well with business-related questions.

How did you come to work with Online Optimism?

I knew Flynn from my previous position.

We spent under $5,000.

The project went from August 2018–January 2019.

Our members and board love the website. They were really excited about the increased functionality because they need our website for event registration. We are really thankful it is where it is now. When the website launched in August, the number of users increased 1,468.2% just in that one month, and we continued to see steady improvements. The bounce rate decreased by 71% in that first month.

We saved $300 a month thanks to the functional backend they delivered, as we used to pay for maintenance each month. Those savings have been helpful for us, since we’re a nonprofit, and being able to make those changes in-house has saved us time as well.

Flynn came in and met with me. He looked at the backend of our site and the integration and realized that WordPress integrates with our CRM the best, although I was more comfortable with Squarespace. I expressed major concerns that I had with him about personally having to learn WordPress and having to use it when I wanted to make small edits to the site. Although I tried to convince them that Squarespace might have been the best, they took a holistic look at our situation and advised us on what would be best while still meeting my need to make edits easily on the backend. They implemented a WordPress plugin called WPBakery, which functions as a frontend editor. I can now edit right on the page if I am logged in. It’s really easy.

Once we launched the website, Flynn included two hours of website maintenance a month as a service from his company for a year. One of my worries was that the website would launch and that I wouldn’t know how to use something on the backend or would have questions, but having that support made us comfortable letting our previous maintenance vendor go.

How did Online Optimism perform from a project management standpoint?

They were fantastic. We were the ones holding things up because we had several events that delayed our response time. They were great and weren’t pushy about following up as they understood our situation. They met every deadline.

We had a short delay on our end when we had to decide whether to change our hosting service. Online Optimism went above and beyond on that issue as well and even offered to pay the increased hosting fee for us just so we could try it out. They never pressured us to switch back, and they said they were willing to do that for as long as it took us to get an answer from our board as to whether or not we could switch over to the more expensive hosting service. They were really helpful.

We mostly communicated over email or we met in person. There weren’t too many people involved, so I don’t think we needed to use a project management tool.

They’re highly responsive. I never waited for more than a couple of hours for an email response even at night, and they always had a very thorough answer. We never had to explain ourselves too much when asking a question. It didn’t take much for me to explain what my vision was for the website in terms of design or even functionality. It was nice to work with people who just understand what we mean.

They are very technical people. Some of the other companies I met were definitely not as sociable and spoke at a level that could be above people’s heads. Online Optimism doesn’t do that. No question is a silly one, and they are able to explain things in a way that anyone could understand regardless of their technical background. It made a huge difference for us.

No, we’re very satisfied.

Don’t be afraid to ask for anything. With Online Optimism, you don’t have to be afraid to ask. If it is possible, they will make it happen. We had a really tall order for them, but they handled it with class and professionalism and never made it seem like it was overwhelming for them. Even though we weren’t their highest-paying client, they treated me like I was their most important client in every interaction. I would tell a potential client to not be afraid to ask for exactly what you are looking for. Send them some samples of websites you like, and they will make it happen if they can.

They never asked us to pay more than was reasonable.

Bronze