Fueled By Optimism

We are web design, social media, graphic design, and print experts who cultivate brands and promote businesses.

We’re experienced professionals who take pride in what we do. When hired, we’ll get to know your business from the inside out, then build custom solutions that will drive sales. We take the time to learn exactly what you want, and then deliver that and more – all at a realistic cost.

We get to know you. Careful analysis of consumer wants and needs coupled with strategic execution is critical to the delivery of a successful product. One size does not fit all. That’s why we create programs that capture your unique point of view.

We cultivate partnerships. Olive Street Design uses a collaborative approach in everything we do. Every project is based on a detailed study of your company, your product or service and your goals. We work together to bring your vision to life.

Every project is important to us. We don’t feel our job is complete until we have left you completely satisfied. It’s that simple.

We shape the experiences and interactions your customers and clients have with your company online and in print, and it’s a responsibility that we take seriously. We know that exceptional development and design can convert browsers into buyers and consistently deliver sales, and we know what it takes to get there.

2005
Olive Street Design Villa Park, IL 60181

The Seattle Times

Sweet Baby Ray's Catering

Maggie Daley Park

The Hasty Pudding (of Harvard University)

Tricoci University

A Major Super PAC

Northwestern University Kellogg Innovation & Entrepreneurship Initiative

Harvard Lampoon

Full Web Design & Development for Engineering Firm

"They did a great job on everything I asked them to do."

Sep. - Nov. 2017

Olive Street Design developed and designed a website. They also coordinated with a third-party partner on marketing and traffic.

St. Joseph, Michigan
Ronald Jarvis
President, Jarvis Engineered Components

The site created about $400,000 in new business as a result of its modern look and feel. Consistent on-time deliveries and responsive service created a positive experience. Effective communication and management made Olive Street Design easy to partner with.

I’m the president of Jarvis Engineering Components.

What challenge were you trying to address with Olive Street Design?

I needed web design and subsequent marketing services to drive traffic.

Olive Street Design asked several questions about my goals and then produced example designs, logos, and a feel for the site. Next, the team designed the website and I wrote the content. During the project, they gave me several options. They collaborated with my marketing partner and supplied regular traffic reports.

I interacted with the owner.

How did you come to work with Olive Street Design?

One of their customers—who is also a principal of mine—referred them. We then met Olive Street Design and the company hit all the key points for getting to know our business, customer needs, and the manufacturing space. The price point was economical as well.

We spent between $4,000–$5,000.

We worked together from September–November 2017.

Conversions just site generated about $400,000 in new business. In addition, the team used a proactive approach to make the site current and functional.

How did Olive Street Design perform from a project management standpoint?

Impressively, they were detailed, on time, and responsive. To bounce ideas back and forth, we had one in-person meeting and about four phone conversations. This communication helped Olive Street Design make subsequent tweaks.

I enjoyed working with the owner because he was responsive and delegated in an effective manner. Those attributes created a positive experience.

Overall Score We had a positive experience. They did a great job on everything I asked them to do.
    They were always on time and good to work with.
    We had a great ROI. They were helpful and accommodated us as a small business.
    Their work was consistent.

Duda Web Redesign for Social Good Company

"It was the first time I’d worked with a web company that delivered what they said they were going to deliver."

June 2018

Olive Street Design coordinated a website redesign to better reflect business goals and professionalism. The site was transferred from WordPress to Duda and featured rewritten copy and visual elements.

Darryl Roberts
President, Harley Boy Innovations Inc.

Olive Street Design capably met the requirements of the quick turnaround, and the new site is far more creative and aesthetically pleasing, leading to more recognition and positive reviews. The project was so successful that it spurred further collaboration with social media management.

I am the president of Harley Boy Innovations Inc., a video production company.

What challenge were you trying to address with Olive Street Design?

I had a couple of websites designed previously, and they didn’t accomplish the goal of presenting the professionalism and message I needed to get across to my audience.

The website was for an initiative that a television network is conducting for teenagers. It’s a teen anxiety project that will collect stories from teenagers, and those stories will be made into a movie. I had a very short timeline in order to complete this website.

The first website I had designed left a lot to be desired with its layout and creativity. I met with Olive Street Design’s team, we pulled up the site, and we critiqued it together. We talked about what it should be instead. They read through my notes and brainstormed ideas. Their writer started editing and rewriting all copy on the website. The old website was WordPress-based, but they told me about the superiority of Duda, and they highly recommended it. I had never heard of it, but I followed their advice.

One designer handled the initial design, and another designer handled the final design. There was one writer, a coder, and a Duda expert.

How did you come to work with Olive Street Design?

I searched for website design companies in Chicago and found Olive Street Design. I spoke with the owner and researched their work, and I felt comfortable with them. I felt they could meet my creative challenges.

I paid $27,000 for the website.

I started working with them in July 2018, and my site went live two weeks after our first meeting. I then hired them to manage my social media accounts as well.

The website is much more visually appealing now, and the television network noted that it would be proud to include it in its initiative. People who have seen the site have said that it is far more creative than its predecessor. From an aesthetic and branding perspective, it’s wonderful.

How did Olive Street Design perform from a project management standpoint?

Our project manager was impeccable. He walked us through every step of every day. It was the first time I’d worked with a web company that delivered what they said they were going to deliver. It was a pleasure to work with them.

From our first meeting, I felt like a part of their family, like we were members of the same team accomplishing a mission. They make their clients feel like family.

No. They delivered everything I asked of them.

They were diligent in their planning for my fast timeline.
    My intention is to use them for the rest of my life for these kinds of services.

Website Development for Public Policy Company

"Even though we gave them detailed requirements, they really stepped up to the challenge."

Mar. 2018 - Ongoing

Olive Street Design developed a website, created a logo, and fashioned other designs. They also prepared the site for launch.

Washington, DC
DeVere Kutscher
Principal, Public Private Strategies

The website received positive feedback from users. Olive Street's team was open to feedback and responsive. Their ability to follow detailed requirements was impressive.

I am a principal of our consulting firm, which focuses on the intersection of the public and private sectors.

For what projects/services did your company hire Olive Street Design?

We needed to develop websites for each of the independent coalitions we incubated.

We wanted a fully functional, interactive, and user-friendly website that could serve as an information hub about the census

The founder of our company was already knowledgeable about Olive Street Design.

Olive Street developed a branded website from scratch. They created a logo and the overall design. They prepared our site to be fully functional before our public launch.

The team consisted of 2 principals, a graphic designer, and a web designer.

We recently launched the new website and don't have any metrics. However, we received very positive feedback on the site from users. We are pleased with its designs and functionality.

The team was responsive and worked well within tight deadlines. Even though we gave them detailed requirements, they really stepped up to the challenge—especially the day of the launch.

They were open to feedback and accommodating to our client requests. They were great at suggesting solutions if there were any issues.

They could've paid attention to some small details, but this was negligible compared to their wonderful responsiveness and overall hustle.

Duda Web Design & SEO For Contractor

"Their flexibility made everything that they promised come true."

Aug. 2017 - Aug. 2017

Using the Duda platform, Olive Street Design built and optimized a website for desktop and mobile. They implemented specialized features, including quote and lead generators and map integrations.

Palo Alto, California
Director of Partner Sales, Technology Company

Olive Street Design created a polished, professional website that increased conversion rates by 30%. Everything was delivered within the initial timeline and budget. The team's helpful attitude, deep marketing knowledge, and attention to detail made them an outstanding resource.

I am the director of partner sales for a technology company.

What challenge were you trying to address with Olive Street Design?

We needed to build a site for a general contractor.

It was pretty simple. We had a great intake call and interview where they asked me what we wanted to achieve with the website.

They asked me about the design aesthetic and color schemes I wanted, the number of pages I needed, and the type of layout and theme I would choose. We kept coming back to our goal for the site.

They explained the elements that they would incorporate to drive business leads to the general contractor. That was really important to both of us, which was great. The website needed to serve as a conversion funnel for the business, and that is what they gave me.

They used the Duda platform, which aligned with Google’s best practices for SEO, page speed, and HTTPS issues in Chrome. I knew the site would be ranked higher in Google search results right away because of the great native SEO. Their sites tend to convert and rank higher than WordPress sites.

I wanted the mobile experience to be unique from the desktop experience. I wanted the mobile experience to be touch responsive, have a larger font, and feature a mobile-specific call to action, such as quick to call buttons.

On the desktop experience, I wanted a lead generation form that would integrate with a Google Sheets form. On the contact page, I wanted map elements that showed the physical location of the business.

The mobile view of the website featured a lot of mobile layout design options, which was fantastic. We worked together to select a view that would convert the highest number of mobile visitors. I also wanted a free quote generator.

Two members of their team were assigned to this project. One was the account manager and one was the designer, who was very professional, friendly, and knowledgeable about best practices in SEO, design, and layout. She was also very efficient. After the intake call, she came back with a concept. We made two rounds of changes and tweaks before publishing.

How did you come to work with Olive Street Design?

We had a referral from a friend. I heard that they were economical and professional, and that they created beautiful, simple lead generation sites for small business, so we decided to go with them. Nat (CEO, Olive Street Design) was super friendly, engaging, and attentive. We considered a few other companies, but I was comfortable with the referral, especially after I spoke with Nat.

We worked with them in August 2017.

Conversion rates have gone up by 30%. We haven’t taken more advantage of the services, but we will probably go back.

How did Olive Street Design perform from a project management standpoint?

They were excellent. Everything was delivered on time and within budget, which was a welcome surprise.

They delivered everything that they promised. The performance, feel, and look of the site were accurate. Their flexibility made everything that they promised come true.

They kept all their commitments.
    I would refer them to any small or medium-sized business.

Website for Child Care and Education Agency

“It’s great working with a company that does what they say they’re going to; that’s becoming increasingly rare.”

Feb. 2012 - Ongoing

Designing and developing a website from scratch, Olive Street Design completed everything from layout and colors to functionality and ongoing modifications. The team also provides email marketing services.

CEO, Child Care Purchasing Alliance

Olive Street’s competitive prices, impressive design talent, and dependable work ethic allow them to consistently deliver high quality results quickly and within budget. The agency facilitates a responsive, reliable team atmosphere that has helped foster a dedicated and engaged relationship.

I am one of the original founders of a purchasing group for child care and education-based centers and schools.

For what projects/services did your company hire Olive Street Design?

We hired them to design our website from scratch and implement an email marketing program.

The goals were to quickly build an appealing, well-functioning website and begin introducing our business to several targeted markets.

I met the owner at a social function and we were instantly compatible. He has since been personally supportive of my projects.

They designed the entire website, including the layout, colors, and functionality. They have since modified and improved it many times over the last several years. They would be responsive to change requests, but I haven’t made any—their designs are great.

I have primarily worked with the owner and two of his designers since the initial meeting. I have also worked with five to 10 other team members over the years and have always been satisfied.

Every design and re-design has been completed on time and within budget. It’s great working with a company that does what they say they are going to do; that is becoming increasingly rare.

After the preliminary meeting, I worked directly with the designers to create and modify content. Communication was usually via email and occasionally by phone.

I am most impressed with their ability to deliver quality work on time and at a reasonable price. I received quotes from competitors that were outrageous in both price and timeline. Olive Street Design built my entire website in 30 days for a very fair price.

Not really. I am totally satisfied.

Website Redesign for Carpentry and Handyman Services

"Olive Street’s customer service is top notch from start to finish."

Feb. 2017

Olive Street Design revamped a website to improve its overall UX and gain more visibility on search engines.

Oswego, Illinois
Andy Wehrli
Owner, Andy Wehrli Carpentry and Handyman Services

Olive Street’s involvement effectively boosted the website’s online visibility and their advice regarding SEO was of immense help. Their biggest strength is their creative, dynamic, and friendly team that truly commits to the work and goes the extra mile to deliver per expectations.

I’m the owner of Andy Wehrli Carpentry and Handyman Services. I provide support to clients needing help with household issues, from finishing basements to installing doors.

For what projects/services did your company hire Olive Street Design?

We needed to upgrade my website.

We wanted to improve website navigation and have greater search engine exposure.

Olive Street had great reviews.

They helped me come up with new ideas to make my website gain greater online visibility and explained the importance of SEO. At the same time, they paid attention to details and reached out to make sure I was on board with any changes.

Their team of experts made the experience flawless. They are calm, creative, and inspiring, and will go above and beyond to meet your needs.

Before the site redesign, we had very few inquiries per year. Now, our exposure has rapidly increased and I finally feel that my business is getting the coverage I always wanted.

Their organizational skills are impressive and their super friendly staff helps clients reach their goals. Olive Street’s customer service is top notch from start to finish.

They are committed to helping you create a website that will impress your clients and get the online exposure you are striving for.

Not really. I was really impressed with their work.

It was an excellent experience!

Web Dev & Redesign For Vehicle Call Center

"They were relaxed, competent, knowledgeable, and very helpful."

Dec. 2017 - Feb. 2018

Olive Street Design developed a clean, modern website template that could support future growth. They also integrated a user forum.

David Bungum
President, Emergency Breakdown Service, Inc.

The new website attracts more visitors and engages them through its forum, increasing overall traffic. Olive Street Design earned praise for their confident project management, comprehensive knowledge of web development, and collaborative attitude.

I am the president of a round-the-clock breakdown and scheduled maintenance call center for commercial vehicles—basically AAA for trucks. We manage a nationwide network of vendors who deliver emergency tire, mechanical, and towing services.

For what projects/services did your company hire Olive Street Design?

We wanted them to help us upgrade our website, create a forum where we could interact with our customers and vendors, and give us an updated "cool/techy" vibe.

We wanted a web platform that could handle additional buildout and growth, and that could be delivered on time and on budget.

A friend is a former client, and they highly recommended Olive Street.

After meeting with Olive Street, we collaborated with them to lay out a template. We then secured the content and got input from internal SMEs.

We had the Executive Vice President, a dispatch team leader, a system support manager, and other Olive Street personnel.

As more clients and vendors use the site and its portals, we have started to log more web traffic.

How effective was the project management?

They delivered on time and kept us in the loop.

They were relaxed, competent, knowledgeable, and very helpful.

What tips or recommendations do you have?

They could offer more coordination with the IT group.

Overall Score Good, fast, and easy to work with.
    Super easy.
    As quoted, and a great value.
    Huge upgrade from our previous site.

WordPress Design & Dev for Lifestyle Blog

"They were so easy and enjoyable to work with."

May 2015 - Ongoing

Olive Street handled web design and development of a lifestyle blog, focusing on making it visually appealing and providing WordPress training. Now, they’re undertaking a redesign.

Lombard, Illinois
Owner, It's Simply Lindsay

Many people have expressed great appreciation for the site’s design; it definitely stands out above others in the same niche and has grown to 10,000 monthly views in six months. Communication flowed smoothly but what stands out the most is their design expertise.

It's Simply Lindsay is a for-profit lifestyle blog. I'm the creator, writer, and influencer of the brand.

For what projects/services did your company hire Olive Street Design?

I needed web design and development for the blog.

I wanted to create a functional, beautiful blog and have it essentially be the catalyst for my brand.

After meeting with their designer, she took my vision and spun her own into a mock-up. After that, I was instantly sold. They were so easy and enjoyable to work with and most importantly, they really came through.

The designer created a mock-up of my blog, sent it to me for approval and edits, and then it was sent to development. They trained me on WordPress so that I would know how to use it.

They provided a web designer, a web developer, and a project manager.

I was blown away by the initial design, and in fact, other bloggers and my audience felt the same way. My blog looked different from all the rest in my niche. I grew from a new blog to 10,000 monthly page views in only six months.

How effective was the project management?

I was extremely impressed with the easy communication we had.

Their designer's skills are remarkable.

I always got in touch with the people I needed.
    They beat competitors' prices.
    I enjoyed my experience with Olive Street so much that I'm doing a redesign and an update with them now.
    Several of my friends and family members have used their services.

Web Redesign For Nonprofit Organization Management Company

"[T]heir staff works well as a team and their business culture is customer-oriented."

Nov. - Dec. 2016

When a previous hosting agreement ended, Olive Street rebuilt a site from scratch, incorporating key filtering features, and also designed a new logo. Plus, they engaged an additional resource for SEO services.

Burr Ridge, Illinois
Jill McCall
Executive VP, MCA of Chicago

This small family-run enterprise’s customer-centric approach and tailored communication belies an extensive workload. The new site shifts user engagement online from a phone-based paradigm, thus expediting in-house connections with members, customers, and other key stakeholders.

I'm the executive vice president of the Mechanical Contractors Association of Chicago.

What challenge were you trying to address with Olive Street Design?

We were winding down a long-term relationship with a public relations company that hosted and maintained our site, and needed to rebuild our site quickly. We wanted a site that was more user-friendly and allowed us to manage it directly.

They recreated our website from scratch using WordPress. We wanted something clean and easy to use, and this was more efficient than trying to piece together legacy content.

For the design process, we provided them with information about us and our goals. We used Google Docs to exchange thoughts about the site content, audience needs, and design elements. Due to the aesthetic changes, they redesigned our logo to match the tenor of the new site. They also helped us with SEO and connected us with a contact who provided additional feedback about our social media presence.

One of their biggest tasks was to help us simplify how our content was organized. We have two major audience groups, so they set up links for mechanical contractors versus customers looking to hire a contractor. They also created a dynamic filter that lets end users sort through prospective contractors and drill down to match their specific needs.

We worked with nearly all their staff at some point or another.

How did you come to work with Olive Street?

I saw their logo on a site with a design I liked. We checked out several other companies, but Olive Street had the best prices, and we were excited that they were local, so we moved forward with them.

The project started in November 2016 and lasted about 6 weeks.

About $18,000.

Our site looks better and it's easier to navigate. People are calling our office less because they’re able to find the information they need.

How did Olive Street perform from a project management standpoint?

They’re fantastic. They work on about 80 websites per week, so they're very efficient with each project because they’ve committed to multiple other deadlines.

It's a close-knit family business, so their staff works well as a team and their business culture is customer-oriented. They also really focus on making your site connect with your audience, and communicate well when making design recommendations.

Web Redesign For Magnet Retailer

"They do what they say they’re going to do. They’re on time and on budget."

Apr. 2014 - Ongoing

Olive Street built an informational website and conversion strategy.  They also assisted with SEO, coordinated photoshoots, and designed a logo and print materials.

Woodridge, Illinois
CEO, Argus Magnetics

Since working with Olive Street, inbound leads increased in both quantity and overall quality. The team's solid design instincts, fluid management process, and honest communication set them apart. They always provided accurate estimates and finished tasks within the requirements.

I’m the CEO of Argus Magnetics. We’re a magnet company. We import and resell industrial magnets 95% in the United States, but all over the world.

What challenge were you trying to address with Olive Street Design?

I needed a website redesign after purchasing an existing company. I had a website that wasn’t very good. My first task was to recreate the existing website in a much better-looking fashion. We wanted to get that switched over as quickly as possible.

Olive Street built a website for us in a couple of weeks, which was very helful. We went on from there over the years. We’ve changed the site on a regular basis. We’ve changed the look and the feel. They were fully responsible for that. I didn’t give them too much other than we would look at competitor’s sites and things like that. I’d meet with Nat [Principal & Chief Creative Director, Olive Street Design] and look at things that we liked or disliked. It gave them a general direction and they took it from there. When the product became more of a final product before it launched, I would add my critique and tell them if I wanted any changes. There wasn’t much of my input involved in the process. We’ve done SEO, advertising, and landing pages. That has helped us to have a nice presence on the web.

The original site was a five or six informational site. We started expanding the site every three, six, nine months. We revisit, add pages, products, and information. We’ve been doing SEO with them for over a year, which we’d never been doing before. They did a nice job being able to provide the full range of services.

I also wanted pictures of our products on the site. Magnets aren’t a very popular item. It’s not something a lot of people know about or sell. We had to take custom pictures of everything on our site. They were able to provide a photographer to take all of those and integrate them the way that I wanted so they looked good.

They helped with action steps that I wanted. How do I want people to contact me? I don’t necessarily want my phone ringing off the hook. I prefer contact through emails and contact forms because a lot of times people are sending me drawings as well as their guidance on how to target specific types of customers that I’m looking for. An example, I don’t want a million small customers buying $50 from me all the time. I’m looking for large manufacturing organizations. We were looking at those and how to direct those people to find my site.

They also redesigned my logo from the beginning. We’ve modified it just slightly since then. They came up with all of that. I told them what I was thinking and they’ve done that. They provide business cards. They’ve done advertising with flyers and stuff for trade shows. They did magnetic business cards, which is actually funny. I haven’t done a tremendous amount of print stuff with them other than flyers and business cards.

How did you come to work with Olive Street Design?

Nat [Principal & Chief Creative Director, Olive Street Design] and Olive Street have helped me with multiple businesses that I own over the last seven to eight years. I go to them because they do a really good job. They’re reasonably priced and they do the work quickly. When they say it’s going to be done in 30 days, it’s done in 30 days. I went to him when I purchased this business.

I originally found them through a friend’s recommendation. I started talking with Nat, and it went from there. I interviewed several companies. I contacted a well-known company here in Chicago about the site that I wanted to build and they quoted me a price and a lead time that was outrageous. I had a similar experience with another company. It was quite expensive. I spoke to Nat [Principal & Chief Creative Director, Olive Street Design] and he quoted me a price and said he could have it up and running in less than 30 days. That’s how we started. The biggest thing I like about them is everything is fast. I don’t want to talk about changes to my website and see them happen 90 or 180 days later. Even small changes are done quickly.

Less than $10,000.

We started working together in April 2014. We made the website passable within a couple of months from then. There’s been two to three times since then we have made changes to the site. The last change was about six months ago to get where it currently is. It’s been a three-year process, but it only takes them two to three weeks each time to do what I’m asking.

We were getting absolutely no leads from the web before we started. Nat manages most of that for me and we talk every three to six months about how the site is doing, the traffic is going, and what kind of traffic we’re generating. I measure it by the quality of the leads that I’m getting. When we first started, I started getting a lot of inquiries. Most of them were from other manufacturers in China, where I buy my magnets, who are just trying to sell to me.

Before, a lot of people were looking to ask a question or some university contacting me who wanted one magnet or something like that. Now, our leads are qualified.

How did Olive Street Design perform from a project management standpoint?

They perform very well. I couldn’t be happier. It’s a very easy process when we want to get things changed. Whether I deal with Nat himself or some of the designers. He usually brings in whoever is going to be working on that particular part of the project of what we’re doing. I explain to them what I want and it’s done.

Other than how quickly they do things; their prices are very reasonable. They don’t overcharge for work that’s performed. Every time that we talk about whether it’s two hours’ worth of changes or two weeks’ worth of changes, I’ve never been shocked by a price. They’re very honest about the amount of time spent on the project. I also like that Nat does what he says he’s going to do, which is important to me. If he tells me an update is going to be $3,000, will take three weeks, and tells me what he needs from me, I provide him the stuff and less than three weeks later, and for not $1 more than $3,000, it’s done. They do what they say they’re going to do. They’re on time and on budget.

No, I’ve been very happy with everything.

They’ve always finished things on time or ahead of schedule.
    I’ve never found anybody who has been more reasonable for the quality of work that they do.
    Very likely. I have recommended them several times to friends and colleagues.