Fueled By Optimism

We are web design, social media, graphic design, and print experts who cultivate brands and promote businesses.

We’re experienced professionals who take pride in what we do. When hired, we’ll get to know your business from the inside out, then build custom solutions that will drive sales. We take the time to learn exactly what you want, and then deliver that and more – all at a realistic cost.

We get to know you. Careful analysis of consumer wants and needs coupled with strategic execution is critical to the delivery of a successful product. One size does not fit all. That’s why we create programs that capture your unique point of view.

We cultivate partnerships. Olive Street Design uses a collaborative approach in everything we do. Every project is based on a detailed study of your company, your product or service and your goals. We work together to bring your vision to life.

Every project is important to us. We don’t feel our job is complete until we have left you completely satisfied. It’s that simple.

We shape the experiences and interactions your customers and clients have with your company online and in print, and it’s a responsibility that we take seriously. We know that exceptional development and design can convert browsers into buyers and consistently deliver sales, and we know what it takes to get there.

2005
Villa Park, IL

The Seattle Times

Sweet Baby Ray's Catering

Maggie Daley Park

The Hasty Pudding (of Harvard University)

Tricoci University

A Major Super PAC

Northwestern University Kellogg Innovation & Entrepreneurship Initiative

Harvard Lampoon

Political Marketing for Local Candidate

"I was impressed with their knowledge and “can-do” attitude."

Olive Street Design designed and implemented a marketing campaign. They helped with website design, social media management, printed materials, and outdoor advertising.

Elmhurst, Illinois
Local Candidate

By handling all aspects of the campaign, Olive Street Design freed the candidate to focus on issues and voters. The team's straightforward workflow, fluid communication, and creative problem-solving make them a fantastic partner.

I'm running in a local election and needed to better market myself online and on social media.

For what projects/services did your company hire Olive Street Design ?

I hired Olive Street Design to help me market my ideas and profile to potential voters. They helped with website design, social media marketing, print material design and production, and outdoor advertising.

I wanted to convey a professional, organized image to potential voters. I wanted to spend time talking about the issues that matter to me and my community, not designing marketing materials.

Olive Street Design was extremely valuable and helpful. They made a time-consuming, frustrating process simple and delivered great results.

Olive Street delivered for me.

I received a referral from a previous client.

Olive Street Design created a full marketing campaign, including website design, social media, printed materials, and outdoor advertising. They took a few sentences that I wrote about my priorities and background, and turned them into a professional, attractive presentation. I even expanded the scope of the project because they were so helpful and results were so terrific.

I worked closely with the principal of the firm and several other team members. They worked together seamlessly and in a manner that was easy to handle as a client.

Since beginning this project with Olive Street Design, I have completely changed the dynamic of my campaign efforts. I talk with the community about important issues and expand my knowledge of key topics, rather than struggling with marketing problems outside my expertise.

The whole workflow is easy. We kept in touch through email, phone calls, and in-person meetings. Olive Steet Design is responsive and thorough, and they offer great customer service!

I'm impressed with their knowledge and “can-do” attitude. I describe a problem and they create solutions. That's what a great company does for its customers.

I can't identify any problems so far. I'm happy with Olive Street Design.

Overall Score They're a great company. I appreciate their insight and work!
    They're easy to work with and extremely responsive.
    They offer a reasonable cost for great work.
    I described a problem and they created solutions. They're great!
    I would absolutely refer others to them.

Web Development and SEO for Law Firm

"The team committed themselves to delivering a great product and followed through on that promise."

Feb. - Apr. 2018

Olive Street Design developed a website with highly-specific search functionalities. The build allowed for subsequent in-house content creation and editing.

Clarendon Hills, Illinois
Alan R. Kurash
Managing Member, Alan R Kurash and Associates LLC

The site has received positive feedback from users and industry colleagues; even competitors have adopted similar web features. Olive Street Design worked efficiently in a streamlined workflow with constant availability and minimal breaks. Customers can expect them to deliver on their promises.

I am the managing member of Alan R Kurash and Associates LLC, a boutique law firm.

For what projects/services did your company hire Olive Street Design?

We hired them to develop and implement an interactive website with search functionalities for our areas of concentration. The design needed to enable clients to make educated decisions about their case.

We wanted to increase web traffic and be able to update content on a rolling basis easily.

A friend recommended Olive Street Design. I then did substantial research on their other projects, which made me confident in the team’s ability to deliver quality results.

Olive Street Design built our website. They then did supplemental development, which enabled current and future clients to access targeted information for their legal issues.

I worked with a four-person team included Nat (Principal & Chief Creative Director).

Clients, other lawyers, and agency representatives frequently compliment the site. Our new client inquiries increased and competitors have already tried to mimic the site.

Nat worked non-stop; he always made himself available for consult. Overall, the project was seamless, smooth, and efficient. There was little wasted effort.

The team committed themselves to deliver a great product and followed through on that promise.

Everyone has room for improvement. Olive Street Design strives to stay current with new technologies and utilizes them accordingly.

Overall Score Both the service and final product were great.
    The schedule was simple and efficient.
    The price was reasonable for the services rendered.
    They produced top-notch quality work. We couldn't have asked for more.
    I've already recommended them multiple times.

Websites, hosting, design, support!

"Once you use their services, you'll realize you'll never have to go anywhere else."

Jan. 2018 - Jan. 2018

During a decade-long engagement, Olive Street Design has designed and developed websites for three arts and events companies. Further tasks have included website hosting, email support, and website redesign.

California
Julie Nunn
Founder and CEO, Julie Nunn Event Design

Olive Street Design has proven to be a talented and reliable partner several times over. The team’s design work remains innovative and engaging, yielding successful interactions with online customers. The staff is incredibly personable and friendly, making for a healthy long-term engagement.

I am the founder of three art and events companies.

For what projects/services did your company hire Olive Street Design?

I have hired Olive Street Design to design and develop websites for my three businesses over the last 10 years. Additionally, I have relied on them for website hosting and email support.

I hoped to connect to more of my customers through professional and brilliantly designed websites.

My business partner in Chicago recommended them to me 10 years ago.

Over the years, Olive Street Design has designed and developed websites and provided tech and email support. They are truly a comprehensive team.

I’ve worked with several members of their team, but my point of contact changes depending on the specific task.

Every time I require a redesign, they can deliver a fresh and updated version that is necessary for me to have an online presence. Olive Street Design has been invaluable to my business and my development.

It has been remarkably easy to communicate and work with their team. They have a keen sense of design, which helps highlight the complexities of my businesses. What’s more, they have always been available to help, and they work efficiently.

It’s difficult to highlight one thing because they are impressive in so many ways. It’s a relief to have a talented company such as this helping me advance my business interests.

No, everything has been perfect.

Full Web Design & Development for Engineering Firm

"They did a great job on everything I asked them to do."

Sep. - Nov. 2017

Olive Street Design developed and designed a website. They also coordinated with a third-party partner on marketing and traffic.

St. Joseph, Michigan
Ronald Jarvis
President, Jarvis Engineered Components

The site created about $400,000 in new business as a result of its modern look and feel. Consistent on-time deliveries and responsive service created a positive experience. Effective communication and management made Olive Street Design easy to partner with.

I’m the president of Jarvis Engineering Components.

What challenge were you trying to address with Olive Street Design?

I needed web design and subsequent marketing services to drive traffic.

Olive Street Design asked several questions about my goals and then produced example designs, logos, and a feel for the site. Next, the team designed the website and I wrote the content. During the project, they gave me several options. They collaborated with my marketing partner and supplied regular traffic reports.

I interacted with the owner.

How did you come to work with Olive Street Design?

One of their customers—who is also a principal of mine—referred them. We then met Olive Street Design and the company hit all the key points for getting to know our business, customer needs, and the manufacturing space. The price point was economical as well.

We spent between $4,000–$5,000.

We worked together from September–November 2017.

Conversions just site generated about $400,000 in new business. In addition, the team used a proactive approach to make the site current and functional.

How did Olive Street Design perform from a project management standpoint?

Impressively, they were detailed, on time, and responsive. To bounce ideas back and forth, we had one in-person meeting and about four phone conversations. This communication helped Olive Street Design make subsequent tweaks.

I enjoyed working with the owner because he was responsive and delegated in an effective manner. Those attributes created a positive experience.

Overall Score We had a positive experience. They did a great job on everything I asked them to do.
    They were always on time and good to work with.
    We had a great ROI. They were helpful and accommodated us as a small business.
    Their work was consistent.

Duda Web Redesign for Social Good Company

"It was the first time I’d worked with a web company that delivered what they said they were going to deliver."

June 2018

Olive Street Design coordinated a website redesign to better reflect business goals and professionalism. The site was transferred from WordPress to Duda and featured rewritten copy and visual elements.

Darryl Roberts
President, Harley Boy Innovations Inc.

Olive Street Design capably met the requirements of the quick turnaround, and the new site is far more creative and aesthetically pleasing, leading to more recognition and positive reviews. The project was so successful that it spurred further collaboration with social media management.

I am the president of Harley Boy Innovations Inc., a video production company.

What challenge were you trying to address with Olive Street Design?

I had a couple of websites designed previously, and they didn’t accomplish the goal of presenting the professionalism and message I needed to get across to my audience.

The website was for an initiative that a television network is conducting for teenagers. It’s a teen anxiety project that will collect stories from teenagers, and those stories will be made into a movie. I had a very short timeline in order to complete this website.

The first website I had designed left a lot to be desired with its layout and creativity. I met with Olive Street Design’s team, we pulled up the site, and we critiqued it together. We talked about what it should be instead. They read through my notes and brainstormed ideas. Their writer started editing and rewriting all copy on the website. The old website was WordPress-based, but they told me about the superiority of Duda, and they highly recommended it. I had never heard of it, but I followed their advice.

One designer handled the initial design, and another designer handled the final design. There was one writer, a coder, and a Duda expert.

How did you come to work with Olive Street Design?

I searched for website design companies in Chicago and found Olive Street Design. I spoke with the owner and researched their work, and I felt comfortable with them. I felt they could meet my creative challenges.

I paid $27,000 for the website.

I started working with them in July 2018, and my site went live two weeks after our first meeting. I then hired them to manage my social media accounts as well.

The website is much more visually appealing now, and the television network noted that it would be proud to include it in its initiative. People who have seen the site have said that it is far more creative than its predecessor. From an aesthetic and branding perspective, it’s wonderful.

How did Olive Street Design perform from a project management standpoint?

Our project manager was impeccable. He walked us through every step of every day. It was the first time I’d worked with a web company that delivered what they said they were going to deliver. It was a pleasure to work with them.

From our first meeting, I felt like a part of their family, like we were members of the same team accomplishing a mission. They make their clients feel like family.

No. They delivered everything I asked of them.

They were diligent in their planning for my fast timeline.
    My intention is to use them for the rest of my life for these kinds of services.

Website Development for Public Policy Company

"Even though we gave them detailed requirements, they really stepped up to the challenge."

Mar. 2018 - Ongoing

Olive Street Design developed a website, created a logo, and fashioned other designs. They also prepared the site for launch.

Washington, DC
DeVere Kutscher
Principal, Public Private Strategies

The website received positive feedback from users. Olive Street's team was open to feedback and responsive. Their ability to follow detailed requirements was impressive.

I am a principal of our consulting firm, which focuses on the intersection of the public and private sectors.

For what projects/services did your company hire Olive Street Design?

We needed to develop websites for each of the independent coalitions we incubated.

We wanted a fully functional, interactive, and user-friendly website that could serve as an information hub about the census

The founder of our company was already knowledgeable about Olive Street Design.

Olive Street developed a branded website from scratch. They created a logo and the overall design. They prepared our site to be fully functional before our public launch.

The team consisted of 2 principals, a graphic designer, and a web designer.

We recently launched the new website and don't have any metrics. However, we received very positive feedback on the site from users. We are pleased with its designs and functionality.

The team was responsive and worked well within tight deadlines. Even though we gave them detailed requirements, they really stepped up to the challenge—especially the day of the launch.

They were open to feedback and accommodating to our client requests. They were great at suggesting solutions if there were any issues.

They could've paid attention to some small details, but this was negligible compared to their wonderful responsiveness and overall hustle.

Duda Web Design & SEO For Contractor

"Their flexibility made everything that they promised come true."

Aug. 2017 - Aug. 2017

Using the Duda platform, Olive Street Design built and optimized a website for desktop and mobile. They implemented specialized features, including quote and lead generators and map integrations.

Palo Alto, California
Director of Partner Sales, Technology Company

Olive Street Design created a polished, professional website that increased conversion rates by 30%. Everything was delivered within the initial timeline and budget. The team's helpful attitude, deep marketing knowledge, and attention to detail made them an outstanding resource.

I am the director of partner sales for a technology company.

What challenge were you trying to address with Olive Street Design?

We needed to build a site for a general contractor.

It was pretty simple. We had a great intake call and interview where they asked me what we wanted to achieve with the website.

They asked me about the design aesthetic and color schemes I wanted, the number of pages I needed, and the type of layout and theme I would choose. We kept coming back to our goal for the site.

They explained the elements that they would incorporate to drive business leads to the general contractor. That was really important to both of us, which was great. The website needed to serve as a conversion funnel for the business, and that is what they gave me.

They used the Duda platform, which aligned with Google’s best practices for SEO, page speed, and HTTPS issues in Chrome. I knew the site would be ranked higher in Google search results right away because of the great native SEO. Their sites tend to convert and rank higher than WordPress sites.

I wanted the mobile experience to be unique from the desktop experience. I wanted the mobile experience to be touch responsive, have a larger font, and feature a mobile-specific call to action, such as quick to call buttons.

On the desktop experience, I wanted a lead generation form that would integrate with a Google Sheets form. On the contact page, I wanted map elements that showed the physical location of the business.

The mobile view of the website featured a lot of mobile layout design options, which was fantastic. We worked together to select a view that would convert the highest number of mobile visitors. I also wanted a free quote generator.

Two members of their team were assigned to this project. One was the account manager and one was the designer, who was very professional, friendly, and knowledgeable about best practices in SEO, design, and layout. She was also very efficient. After the intake call, she came back with a concept. We made two rounds of changes and tweaks before publishing.

How did you come to work with Olive Street Design?

We had a referral from a friend. I heard that they were economical and professional, and that they created beautiful, simple lead generation sites for small business, so we decided to go with them. Nat (CEO, Olive Street Design) was super friendly, engaging, and attentive. We considered a few other companies, but I was comfortable with the referral, especially after I spoke with Nat.

We worked with them in August 2017.

Conversion rates have gone up by 30%. We haven’t taken more advantage of the services, but we will probably go back.

How did Olive Street Design perform from a project management standpoint?

They were excellent. Everything was delivered on time and within budget, which was a welcome surprise.

They delivered everything that they promised. The performance, feel, and look of the site were accurate. Their flexibility made everything that they promised come true.

They kept all their commitments.
    I would refer them to any small or medium-sized business.

Website for Child Care and Education Agency

“It’s great working with a company that does what they say they’re going to; that’s becoming increasingly rare.”

Feb. 2012 - Ongoing

Designing and developing a website from scratch, Olive Street Design completed everything from layout and colors to functionality and ongoing modifications. The team also provides email marketing services.

CEO, Child Care Purchasing Alliance

Olive Street’s competitive prices, impressive design talent, and dependable work ethic allow them to consistently deliver high quality results quickly and within budget. The agency facilitates a responsive, reliable team atmosphere that has helped foster a dedicated and engaged relationship.

I am one of the original founders of a purchasing group for child care and education-based centers and schools.

For what projects/services did your company hire Olive Street Design?

We hired them to design our website from scratch and implement an email marketing program.

The goals were to quickly build an appealing, well-functioning website and begin introducing our business to several targeted markets.

I met the owner at a social function and we were instantly compatible. He has since been personally supportive of my projects.

They designed the entire website, including the layout, colors, and functionality. They have since modified and improved it many times over the last several years. They would be responsive to change requests, but I haven’t made any—their designs are great.

I have primarily worked with the owner and two of his designers since the initial meeting. I have also worked with five to 10 other team members over the years and have always been satisfied.

Every design and re-design has been completed on time and within budget. It’s great working with a company that does what they say they are going to do; that is becoming increasingly rare.

After the preliminary meeting, I worked directly with the designers to create and modify content. Communication was usually via email and occasionally by phone.

I am most impressed with their ability to deliver quality work on time and at a reasonable price. I received quotes from competitors that were outrageous in both price and timeline. Olive Street Design built my entire website in 30 days for a very fair price.

Not really. I am totally satisfied.

Website Redesign for Carpentry and Handyman Services

"Olive Street’s customer service is top notch from start to finish."

Feb. 2017

Olive Street Design revamped a website to improve its overall UX and gain more visibility on search engines.

Oswego, Illinois
Andy Wehrli
Owner, Andy Wehrli Carpentry and Handyman Services

Olive Street’s involvement effectively boosted the website’s online visibility and their advice regarding SEO was of immense help. Their biggest strength is their creative, dynamic, and friendly team that truly commits to the work and goes the extra mile to deliver per expectations.

I’m the owner of Andy Wehrli Carpentry and Handyman Services. I provide support to clients needing help with household issues, from finishing basements to installing doors.

For what projects/services did your company hire Olive Street Design?

We needed to upgrade my website.

We wanted to improve website navigation and have greater search engine exposure.

Olive Street had great reviews.

They helped me come up with new ideas to make my website gain greater online visibility and explained the importance of SEO. At the same time, they paid attention to details and reached out to make sure I was on board with any changes.

Their team of experts made the experience flawless. They are calm, creative, and inspiring, and will go above and beyond to meet your needs.

Before the site redesign, we had very few inquiries per year. Now, our exposure has rapidly increased and I finally feel that my business is getting the coverage I always wanted.

Their organizational skills are impressive and their super friendly staff helps clients reach their goals. Olive Street’s customer service is top notch from start to finish.

They are committed to helping you create a website that will impress your clients and get the online exposure you are striving for.

Not really. I was really impressed with their work.

It was an excellent experience!

Web Dev & Redesign For Vehicle Call Center

"They were relaxed, competent, knowledgeable, and very helpful."

Dec. 2017 - Feb. 2018

Olive Street Design developed a clean, modern website template that could support future growth. They also integrated a user forum.

David Bungum
President, Emergency Breakdown Service, Inc.

The new website attracts more visitors and engages them through its forum, increasing overall traffic. Olive Street Design earned praise for their confident project management, comprehensive knowledge of web development, and collaborative attitude.

I am the president of a round-the-clock breakdown and scheduled maintenance call center for commercial vehicles—basically AAA for trucks. We manage a nationwide network of vendors who deliver emergency tire, mechanical, and towing services.

For what projects/services did your company hire Olive Street Design?

We wanted them to help us upgrade our website, create a forum where we could interact with our customers and vendors, and give us an updated "cool/techy" vibe.

We wanted a web platform that could handle additional buildout and growth, and that could be delivered on time and on budget.

A friend is a former client, and they highly recommended Olive Street.

After meeting with Olive Street, we collaborated with them to lay out a template. We then secured the content and got input from internal SMEs.

We had the Executive Vice President, a dispatch team leader, a system support manager, and other Olive Street personnel.

As more clients and vendors use the site and its portals, we have started to log more web traffic.

How effective was the project management?

They delivered on time and kept us in the loop.

They were relaxed, competent, knowledgeable, and very helpful.

What tips or recommendations do you have?

They could offer more coordination with the IT group.

Overall Score Good, fast, and easy to work with.
    Super easy.
    As quoted, and a great value.
    Huge upgrade from our previous site.