Intelligent Websites for Intelligent People

Olibro Design is in business to help small and medium businesses to promote their products and services. Our primary goal is to provide an elegant and a cost-effective e-commerce website so you can easily publicize your work. We will help you to:

• Publicize your products and services
  • Generate high traffic for your website
  • Market to a broad audience across the globe

2008
Los Angeles, CA
  • Olibro Design
    11620 Wilshire Blvd. Suite 900
    Los Angeles, CA 90025
    310.775.8380

Origami Rack, Boss Audio Systems, Nyne Multimedia, 3Plus, Okuma Fishing, Hollywood Toys and Costumes, Yale University, UC Irvine.

Nyne Mutimedia

Nyne is a manufacturer of lifestyle audio speakers.

Boss Audio

A Major manufacture of car audio and video systems.

Metis Collective

A unique marketing and consulting agency.

Momentum Cam

A leading manufacturer of home security and automation.

The Education Group, Physics Demos

An education-focused group that authors and publishes physics experiments videos and support material.

Origami Rack

Origami is the traditional folk art of paper folding. Origami Home Products has adapted these techniques and applied them to products for the home, which uniquely combine quality and style with function.

Coronado Smiles Dental

Your Personalized Dental Experience. You’ll Feel Like You’ve Been to the Spa!

Tennis Pal App

Get a game of tennis. Anywhere. Any time.

Shopify Dev for Home Automation Products

"The results of the project, so far, speak to their capable project management.”

Jan. 2017 - Ongoing

Olibro first provided development and design work via Wordpress but later moved all digital assets onto Shopify, which they have been providing backend work for. They also give best-practice consultation.

La Verne, California
Marketing Manager, Home Automation Company

Olibro’s backend developments consistently meet expectations as they are able to scale the speed and quantity of their deliverables commiserate with project goals. Their relaxed attitude and responsive, on-time project management have secured an ongoing, productive professional engagement.

I am the marketing manager of a company that provides home automation products.

What challenge were you trying to address with Olibro?

We worked with Olibro to bring the company’s products—which are already sold via retail—onto an e-commerce platform. As a marketing representative, I am not in tune with the backend kind of development and have needed both development help and best practice consultation.

We have worked with Olibro since the very beginning. They have created and launched our website while preparing it for scale and provide standard backend operating procedures. They consult with us concerning industry standards. We originally hosted the site on Wordpress but collectively decided to move our properties onto Shopify, which they have been developing on and adding Shopify apps upon. While they helped with some design work on Wordpress, we ourselves have mostly handled the frontend.

One of our biggest challenges was to address the large amounts of feedback that our customers and community give to us. Olibro created a help page that has substantially cut down on our user support traffic. They’re ability to collect data online has helped us understand what are users are thinking, wondering, and looking for; this in turns has helped us further optimize our site.

My main point of contact is Arash (Program Manager, Olibro) who divvies up the work among an internal team. I am able to talk with him, one on one, on a day to day basis.

How did you come to work with Olibro?

The company I work for is a subsidiary of a larger company that highly recommended Olibro; this was our main reason for choosing them.

From the beginning of this year, we have invested around $5,000 to $10,000. Over a long period of time, we have invested anywhere between $10,000 and $50,000. I’m happy with their services and would say that they are not very expensive.

They began working with another representative within the larger company in January of 2017. When our smaller company launched in June, we had one direction we wanted to go; then, in January, we decided to take the company in a second direction. Due to these, the engagement with Olibro is ongoing; there is work that is up and coming and we have immediate requests—on a month-to-month basis—as well as long term development desires. The program requires both hardware and software development that works well together and Olibro is available to help with that on a consistent basis.

The feedback we receive mostly concerns the front end of the site, which doesn’t reflect on Olibro’s performance since they focused on backend dev. I would say that I’m their client and I’m very happy with their work; things on the backend have been really good.

How did Olibro perform from a project management standpoint?

I haven’t had any issues with Olibro hitting deadlines. I worked with some startups who employ huge dev teams and they often missed deadlines; Olibro, on the other hand, is a contractor for us that is able to scale rapidly and give us results at a very fast pace. We communicate via phone and email. The results of the project, so far, speak to their capable project management.

I was most impressed with their ability to consistently deliver on time. As I mentioned, previous experiences were not nearly as satisfactory; it matters to us that if we want to hit a deadline, Olibro is able to make that deadline happen. They’ve managed our expectations very well. Even though we share a contractual relationship, they work pretty much like another business unit with us, being readily available and treating us well. They’re available anytime we want to talk and can get the tools necessary to reach immediate results and fulfill goals.

I think they’re very good at helping us get the MVPs (or slightly upgraded MVPs) out quickly. I can’t talk more on their ability to build complicated structures. I simply don’t have the information to prescribe any improvements.

Our relationship with Olibro has been—for lack of a better word—really chill. We’ve been able to give them non-technical specs and they’re able to turn them into technical specs with great results. There can be a lot of back and forth simply to fill in the technical language focused communication gaps. When you give Olibro generic ideas, they’ll do their best to formulate them into precise concepts before starting the work. For a non-technical person, give as much detail as possible, upfront, and you’ll make their project progress more quickly, more easily, and receive better quality results as a fast pace.

Web Dev & SEO for Acupuncture Office

“Olibro Design offers a personal, one-on-one touch.”

2015 - Ongoing

Olibro Design designed and developed a platform from scratch to replace a 12-year-old website. The team offers ongoing maintenance and SEO services that aim to bolster web traffic and target potential clients.

Beverly Hills, California
Mitra Daneshrad
Acupuncturist, Beverly Hills Acupuncture

Close collaboration with the proprietor helped Olibro Designs create a personalized platform highlighting the company’s unique human factor. The team’s fresh ideas and development expertise significantly increased web traffic. The project was completed well within budget and deadline expectations.

I'm an acupuncturist. My office is located in Beverly Hills, California.

What challenge were you trying to address with Olibro Design?

My website was very dated and I didn't know how to improve it. I approached Olibro Design to help me update it and increase the web traffic. I wanted more people to visit my site and to better showcase the types of services I offer.

My website was created in 2006. It was very old, the content was outdated, and the images were of poor quality. I held several meetings with Olibro Design to discuss how to improve my platform. They really seemed to understand my company and focused on highlighting the human factor. Web development is not my field, so I put 100 percent of my trust in them as the experts.

The team built an entire new platform from scratch with upgraded text and graphics. I researched a variety of comparable sites to get ideas for the color scheme, number of pages, and type of content. After we developed sketches and mockups together, they completed the design work. They designed the site to my liking and always make sure I'm happy with the direction it’s taking. We worked closely together to give it a personal touch. Suggestions like taking new pictures of my office helped differentiate it from a generic acupuncture site.

As time went by, they expanded their services beyond upgrading and maintaining the site. When I approached them about SEO, they explained how to improve my site from a business perspective. They formulated unique ways to reach my target audience, and indicated what steps to take.

I personally spoke with the president and lead developer. Although I only met with two of their staff, I'm sure there are more people involved in my project.

How did you come to work with Olibro Design?

I found Olibro Design through a trusted referral who gave them a great review.

I've spent between $3,000-$4,000 on their services.

We've worked together since 2015, and they continue to provide web support and maintenance.

The new site Olibro Design built has generated significantly increased web traffic and improved my company's visibility. It's now much easier for people to find my website and learn about my business. Overall, I'm extremely happy with them. I've been recommending them to all my friends.

How did Olibro Design perform from a project management standpoint?

They update me consistently on the project’s status. Even if I get busy and forget to call them, they make sure we stay in touch and keep me on board. I provide them with the necessary materials from my end. We communicate through email, phone calls, and Skype. They use whatever means necessary to get things done.

I appreciated how closely they involved me in the project. They asked thoughtful questions about my business and brainstormed what I could bring to the table. This close collaboration was especially important when we were working on tight deadlines. I have limited time to work on my website, so that’s very helpful. They really pushed me to reach my goals. Olibro Design offers a personal, one-on-one touch.

They do such a great job that I really can't come up with anything.

They worked within my given budget.
    They complete work within the original estimated timeframes.

Shopify Dev & Design for Multiple Brands

"They’re always available and very transparent in what they do."

2014 - Ongoing

Olibro led the transition of multiple websites from WordPress to Shopify, including development and design. Custom templates, email automation, and SEO round out the engagement.

Patrick Ensign
Vice President Digital Sales & Marketing, Tofasco of America

The well-received websites are creating significant value for the various brands. Olibro's technical skills, responsiveness, and ability to communicate effectively underscores their commitment to high-quality outcomes. Their superior work ethic sets them apart from other firms.

I'm the VP of Digital Marketing and Sales for Tofasco of America, a consumer products and retail company managing multiple brands and business units.

What challenge were you trying to address with Olibro Design?

Tofasco of America manages multiple brands (e.g., OrigamiRack, Mac Sports and others). We run our operational part (Sales, Marketing, Customer Service etc.) internally, but outsource any technical support regarding our digital presence. We were looking for a firm that could support our marketing driven vision technically and helping us implementing the technical challenges with our plan to building an online presence from scratch for some brands and scale others to new heights.

We had a very clear and set vision for OrigamiRack, which had an established digital (WordPress) presence focusing on Customer Support, but not to offer products for sale online. Olibro led the transition to the Shopify e-commerce platform. In terms of Web- and UI-design, we wanted to stand out so even though there are many Shopify themes available, using an existing theme or template was not an option for us. Olibro took all the parts we liked from different templates and put them together to create our own custom theme. This (new custom Template) was coded in a way that even a non-technically skilled sales and marketing person can do changes on the fly without having to rely on a coder to edit content. Olibro’s flexibility in this kind of design is not just helping us today, but for many years to come. Olibro continues to help us with creative design - recommends latest trends in eCommerce and helps with implementation, email automation, SEO, and other technical aspects such as inventory tracking.

My main contact is a dedicated Project Manager. I am aware that there are at least 5–6 developers who work in the background on our account but I'm not in direct contact with them.

How did you come to work with Olibro Design?

Tofasco of America was working with Olibro for many years before I joined. I believe they were originally connected via a referral.

To date we’ve spent around $200,000.

I've been working with Olibro for about two and a half years and the engagement is ongoing.

They’re helping our company grow significantly. Thanks to their work, one of our brands grew from about $100,000 a year to close to $1,000,000 this year. To date, they’ve moved 90% of our brands to the Shopify platform. People are very happy with the navigation functionality of the custom website theme, so we’re rolling it out across all of our brands.

How did Olibro Design perform from a project management standpoint?

They’re very transparent and straightforward. They work according to a milestone plan and 99% of the time they hit our deadline even if they need to put in extra work. They use Slack to communicate with my team, but I'm an old school guy and prefer to use phone and email.

I describe Olibro as a first class team. They’re always available and very transparent in what they do. I'm not a coder but I have a basic understanding on how technical stuff works. The magic of what they do is bring a marketers' vision to life.

There's always stuff that you can improve but we learn and grow together. There are no major issues in our relationship.

Be as transparent and share your ideas for what you want to see from a marketing or sales perspective. They will get back to you to either make it work or tell you an alternative way if it's not possible. The feeling I get from them is that everything is possible, it's just a matter of time and budget.

Overall Score They’re awesome; couldn’t be better.
    Absolutely.

Four WordPress Dev & Design Projects for Consumer Electronics Firm

“Olibro Design is not only very professional, but also relaxed, friendly, and easy to work with.”

2013 - Ongoing

Olibro Design designed and developed four brand sites on WordPress, including features like a credit card processor and Norton security. In addition to WooCommerce, the team integrated a third-party shopping cart.

Oxnard, California
Director of Digital Marketing, Consumer Electornics

Olibro Design completed work on a rapid five-week turnaround deadline. The team offered excellent customer service and features a highly skilled and professional developer. Both recent site redesigns garnered positive feedback from customers, and feature a more streamlined design and friendlier UI.

I'm the director of marketing at a consumer electronics company.

What challenge were you trying to address with Olibro Design?

We hired them to build out our full website and make it e-commerce capable.

Olibro Design designed and developed all four of our sites. They've integrated different functionalities and other vendors that we've asked them to involve. For example, they programmed credit card processors and different security features like Norton. The site is built on a WordPress platform. It uses WooCommerce to organize our products, and they also programmed and integrated a third-party shopping cart.

We've both contributed wireframes and sketches over the course of working on the sites. We've redone each of them a few times over the years. One, in particular, was redesigned several times at the request of our brand manager so we didn't need to provide as much direction. In each case, they did the coding and optimized the site aesthetically. They used heat maps and other technical studies to assess our traffic and how our visitors interact with different pages.

They have a bigger team, but we've typically had 2-3 points of contact.

How did you come to work with Olibro Design?

I inherited this partnership when I took over my position. They’d already been working with our company for a number of years. I interviewed them when I first came on to decide if I wanted to keep them or hire somebody else. They gave me a good sense of customer service and seemed technically competent. I have a strong development background, so I can speak to the developers’ language and understand what they’re talking about. They’ve been great for the last two years.

We've spent in the $50,000 ballpark during the past year and a half I've personally worked with them.

Our partnership has been going on for 5-6 years. They currently provide maintenance and support and are also offering new development. One of our recent calls was about completely revamping one of our brand websites.

We got positive feedback from our customers for both redesigns they’ve done in the past year. A couple people commented that the new site looks nice. Since it’s not one of our higher traffic sites, it doesn't get a lot of traction. From my own background as a developer and graphic artist, I think our new designs are much more streamlined and the UI is way friendlier.

How did Olibro Design perform from a project management standpoint?

Excellent. We gave them five weeks to do this last redesign before the Consumer Electronics Show in Vegas, and they came through. They use TeamWork as a project management tool, Skype for daily messages, and Zoom for weekly video calls. We also talk via email, phone calls, and text messages.

I've dealt with a lot of developers. Olibro Design is not only very professional, but also relaxed, friendly, and easy to work with. They're very sharp, and their lead developer is quite skilled.

I wasn't always 100 percent thrilled with their copywriter. I have a writing background, so I'm kind of particular about that. If there's any place for improvement, that's it.

Be clear about what you want. We redesigned one of our sites twice and it had nothing to do with their work. After giving them one set of directions we totally changed tactics three months later. If we’d given them clearer instructions to begin with, we may not have had to do the second redesign.

We worked on tight deadlines and they delivered every time.
    I would give them a six if I could.
    I've already done that a few times.

Website Design for Sound Storm Labs

"The website updates have helped to keep customers on our site longer."

The partnership began with a web design project and then added a shopping cart to it. Olibro Design is now assigned to implement SEO and introduce various digital marketing and strategies.

Kamran Rabani
Partner, Sound Storm Laboratories

Olibro Design integrated the best SEO practice into the website and was expected to have an increase in buyer conversion rates. Recent statistics showed a visible increase in the monthly visitors by about 12 to 13 percent. The team displayed superior design knowledge and the ability to solve issues.

Please describe your company.

We have four different brands under one company, Sound Storm Labs. Three of the brands make car audio products. The fourth company makes Bluetooth home audio products, which is now about two years old.

What are your role and responsibilities?

I’m a founding partner for one of our audio brands. In addition, I take care of the required programming and website development our site may need.

What was your goal for working with Olibro Design?

Our goals for partnership with Olibro has evolved in time. At the beginning of our partnership, we utilized Olibro strictly for Web design. In August of 2014, we brought on Olibro to help us add a shopping cart to our website, and now we are working with them to help us achieve more visits to our site. Olibro is now helping us to implement best practice SEO [search engine optimization] strategies and other digital marketing techniques.

Olibro has provided many services to us including e-commerce, SEO, website design, and maintenance. We now have a dynamic site with more than 1,200 SKUs [stock keeping units], and the Olibro team keeps all of that information updated efficiently.

What was your process for selecting Olibro Design with which to work?

After a couple interviews with other firms we felt that Olibro was the best fit for us. It was a gut feeling and, fortunately, it worked really well.

We’ve worked with Olibro Design for three or four years so our annual spend has varied through the years. In addition to the annual maintenance fee, Olibro works on various small projects for us throughout the year.

Do you have any statistics or metrics to track improvement from the project?

Recently Olibro began to improve our site to conform to best practice SEO and due to that on main brand received 12 to 13 percent more visits a month. Our organic traffic is up as well as overall user experience. The website updates have helped to keep customers on our site longer and, hopefully, we will shortly see an increase in buyer conversion rates.

Olibro is very knowledgeable. I can’t think of anything that we’ve asked for that they did not have a solution for. I wouldn’t trade the business relationship we have with Olibro to any other service provider.

There wasn’t a time that I needed something done that they couldn’t do, so I cannot think of anything.

I know they won’t nickel and dime us or add any last minute additional costs. They’re very fair with their charges.

Website Design for University Professor

"You can send Olibro something to upload or put on the website, and they quickly take care of it for you."

2009 - Ongoing

Olibro Design developed a personal website and made it publicly accessible. They organized the Amazon and Wikipedia pages as well. They also built a website for the journal with content management functionality.

New York City Metro Area
Marcia Inhorn
Professor, Yale University

Olibro Design successfully delivered the website with the necessary functionalities to manage the contents and received positive feedback from academic colleagues. The team needed to conform according to the academia’s organization style though they displayed responsiveness and quality performance.

Please describe your company.

I’m a professor at Yale University, and I had the need for a personal Web page to be designed.

What was your goal for working with Olibro Design?

We professors have the need to have websites to provide information on what we do. Sometimes, our university or department will hire a student to come up with a departmental website. We have one of those in our department, and I’m listed in a variety of internal university Web profiles, but they’re kind of brief and not adequate. When I saw what Olibro had done in terms of academic website construction, I thought at this point in my career this is what I need. I’ve been a professor for 25 years now and I’m publishing my 14th book, I have more than a 100 published articles and book chapters, and I have news and information that I decided I wanted to have accessible. I had Olibro do this because they proved to me that they had already done this successfully for a number of other academics in my area.

Website development, design, and maintenance for my personal website. In addition to creating the site, they organized my Amazon page, and my Wikipedia. They did other things related to the website, and made it much more publicly accessible.

Also, I had been the editor of a journal at Yale since 2004, and we never had an official website for the journal. We had Olibro make that site, and again, it was a great architectural project. They created an online submission process for all the articles, and for uploading information. They created a beautiful website for our journal.

What was your process for selecting Olibro Design with which to work?

I wasn’t really considering any other firm. Most people in the academic world either try it themselves or hire a student. I probably went a more professional route than most of the academics that I know. I actually met the owner of Olibro Design at a professional meeting a few years back, he showed me example websites of other colleagues that I know well, and I was so impressed.

Initially, I paid $5,000 for the website. Today, the maintenance fee is around $500 a year.

What were the results of the project?

Our partnership started late 2009, and the website was constructed by early 2010. I still have an ongoing relationship with Olibro because they post updates for me all the time.

Do you have any statistics or metrics to track improvement from the project?

In terms of metrics, they send me quarterly reports on who’s visiting my website and where they’re coming from. I can see what parts of the world people are accessing my site from. My research is on the Middle East, so I can see if people in Europe or the Middle East are accessing the site. For me, personally, it’s been a great repository for me, I have all my articles and chapters archived there. I have all of the books in order from latest to oldest, any news or awards I earn have their own section. In relation to keeping my 25-plus-year career organized, it’s been great and really helpful. Other academic colleagues who visit my site are very impressed with the site.

The owner of Olibro, Touraj [Rahimi], is a pleasure to work with. He’s so responsive, so kind, so nice, just really a wonderful person to work with. You can send Olibro something to upload or put on the website, and they quickly take care of it for you. I have nothing but the best regard for them.

There’s only one little pet peeve. In academia, we have certain kind of styles that we use for listing articles, book chapters, and so forth. Occasionally, when I have new information to be uploaded to my site Olibro doesn’t format it exactly the same way as they did the previous upload, so at times the style doesn’t conform. It’s a very perfectionist kind of thing, but since I can’t go in there and correct it, I have to contact them to make the change.

I would highly recommend them.

Website Development for Independent Artist

"I loved that they consistently checked in throughout the entire process."

Olibro Design developed a website that functions as a portfolio showcase, marketing, and customer database management. It begins with the biography and then moves into other images, events, and contacts.

Alexis Sones
Independent Artist

Olibro Design successfully delivered the website accordingly and exceeded the quality standard requirements. They extended their services by adding animations at no extra cost. The team displayed attention to detail and proactiveness throughout the project.

I’m Alexis Sones, an independent artist. I specialize in oil paints and make a living selling and contracting my work. I am based in the Los Angeles area.

What was your goal for working with Olibro Design?

Olibro Design created a website that I can now direct potential clients to when they ask to see my work and portfolio. At first, I used the website for marketing purposes because I was working on a commission basis. I now use it as a place to put everything together, and share upcoming art events with previous clients. The website also helps me to build a future contact list for those interested in my work.

Olibro built me a portfolio to show all of my work. The website begins with my biography, and then moves into other images, events, and contacts, so it’s pretty simple.

What was your process for selecting Olibro Design with which to work?

Actually, one of my previous clients is a filmmaker and he had Olibro do his website. I really liked the work they did so I asked him to connect me with his contact at Olibro.

Can you give a sense of the size of the initiative in dollar terms or a personnel work-hour figure?

I don’t have the specific dollar amount for you, but I know they put a lot of hours into building the exact website that I wanted. They pretty much nailed it the first time, it didn’t take many reiterations after initially revealing the site to me.

Do you have any statistics or metrics to track improvement from the project?

I haven’t been keeping track of the numbers but they definitely exceeded my expectations because of the level of detail and thought put into the site. I got everything I wanted and they even added animations that made it look much better at no extra cost.

Are you satisfied with their performance?

I really liked working with Olibro. I think they did a great job and did everything that I asked them to do. At the beginning, they gave me a packet to fill out about what I wanted to do and how I wanted the layout. They were able to execute it based on that information. When they had to put more time into it they didn’t add extra charges. Overall, it was great working with them.

Is there anything unique or special about Olibro Design that really makes them stand out compared to other online marketing companies?

I loved that they consistently checked in throughout the entire process. When they did have new ideas, they always checked with me. We had a special page where I could constantly interact and give feedback. They always had plenty of details and explained in layman’s terms to me what was going on. They still check in and send me potential update ideas. If I need help with something, I can always email them and they’ll fix it for me.

Not really. I got everything I needed.