Results-Driven Digital Strategy

Nuanced Media is a full-service digital marketing agency with more than 25 years in the new media arena. Specializing in strategic marketing, web, design, and results-driven business development that is focused on lead generation and customer acquisition, Nuanced Media remains at the forefront of digital media.

Nuanced Media’s experienced staff focuses on creating continued business growth for their clients. Their marketing team determines which market segments are most likely to seek the client’s products and services while blending extensive knowledge of internet resources with innovative marketing methods. Their design and development team crafts sleek, purpose-built websites. Along with supporting staff, Nuanced Media’s team works together to produce the best possible results for clients.

Nuanced Media excels based on research, due diligence, client collaboration and most importantly, innovative thinking. Their team of designers, writers, strategists, and developers follow various market trends and technological advancements to learn how to subtly differentiate their clients from the rest.

What makes Nuanced Media so successful, and has pushed their growth over the past five years, is their strategic partnership with clients. Working alongside clients, gathering feedback at every step of the process, seeking to build long-term fruitful relationships, continuing to help clients long after their website or marketing campaign has launched. Customer service is always at the forefront of their business practices.

Phoenix, AZ
  • 1027 E. Washington St. #107
    Phoenix, AZ 85034
  • 17 E. Pennington St.
    Tucson, AZ 85701

Web Development for Tattoo Manufacturer

"Nuanced Media went above and beyond in order to ensure I met my launch date."

Nov. 2015 - Ongoing

Nuanced Media has provided website development and rebranding services for two of the client's sites.

Tucson, Arizona
Steven Marshall
VP Custom Orders, TM International

Nuanced Media successfully rebranded the company and launched the websites on a much more stable, efficient, and customizable e-commerce platform. The client is very pleased with the results and highly recommends them.

TM International is in the business of making temporary tattoos, both custom and stock ones, which are printed out and sold to retail customers. Custom tattoos can be used for anything, ranging from birthday parties to business promotional products.

I am the Vice President of custom orders.

What business challenge were you trying to address with Nuanced Media?

We had an old legacy site which was not modifiable at all.

We operate a number of websites. The ones with which Nuanced Media has been involved are called tattoosales.com and temporarytattoos.com. They have provided website development and rebranding services to our company.

They gave us suggestions for salvaging search engine optimization as much as we could in the beginning, given our site limitations. We then started going down the path of creating a new site with the support of Nuanced Media.

We've had a complete overhaul of our internal IT department, and I came to be in charge of developing a new site. I had to make decisions in terms of the platform which the site would use, and I also knew that we needed to have a content delivery network in place in order to improve website speed, especially in foreign countries. I didn't know where to start, but Nuanced Media pointed me towards the right direction and put me in touch with appropriate companies with which they worked in the past. This made a big difference in getting the site completed quickly. We ultimately chose Magento as our platform.

How did you come to work with Nuanced Media?

We were having trouble with one of their competitors, not fully seeing eye-to-eye. Our CEO met one of Nuanced Media’s founders at a networking event. He came in to talk to us, and we hit it off. A lot of their offerings were needs which we had at the time, so Nuanced Media was at the right place at the right time. We've been very happy with them since.

The total development cost was between $10,000-50,000. We worked on a shoestring budget for this development. The money spent with Nuanced Media provided a significant return on investment, given some of their suggestions. For example, we run a community version of Magento, which is free.

We’ve worked with Nuanced Media since November 2015. The new page launched earlier this month, March 2016.

Most notably for me is the fact that we were able to rebrand our company and launch the website. The goal was to adopt a stable, fast, and customizable e-commerce platform. I think we've met all of those goals.

One of our goals was also to increase the loading speed of our site, especially internationally. We speed-tested tattoosales.com from Melbourne, Australia. Our average load time was about 9.67 seconds. We've cut this down to 3.84 seconds. We're still working on this, but it's important to note that we've cut down load time by two thirds. This was very important for me because I sell to 84 countries. Even though we host the site in Tucson, Arizona, we still need to appear international and our site needs to load quickly, regardless of country.

Another strong suggestion from Nuanced Media was that we move to the cloud. We've started to use Rackspace for hosting and have a content delivery network offered by CloudFlare, through which we're able to cache our page worldwide. This makes our site a lot faster and easier to use. A 9.67 second load time for Sydney was not acceptable to our customers, and we had received complaints about this. We're still new to the change and are still making site modifications, but when we're finished with this, I'm sure we'll be able to improve the site even more.

How did Nuanced Media perform from a project management standpoint?

I could not be happier with their team. We've gone through some tough times prior to starting our work with them. Internal restructuring derailed our normal operations, but Nuanced Media was able to sit down with us, allowing me to pivot my strategy and come up with an entirely new solution and quickly execute it. I'm proud of what we've achieved and have them to thank for the success.

What distinguishes Nuanced Media from other providers?

Website launches never go smoothly. We had gotten in a bit of a pinch in ours, while testing extensively right before launch. We found a critical problem which had to do with rounding in our system. It was missed for a lot of reasons prior to this point and only discovered right before launch. It would have been quite problematic, billing customers for a certain price and charging a difference of a penny or two because of a rounding calculation. Fixing it required Nuanced Media's help from a coding perspective. I was on the phone with one of their coders for a couple of nights prior to launch. Not every vendor would stay with their client to such a degree, at crazy hours and during weekends. Nuanced Media went above and beyond in order to ensure I met my launch date. There is no better advertisement for their services than this.

Is there anything Nuanced Media could have improved or done differently?

We came to a point of doing a lot of our meetings virtually. I personally prefer in-person conversations. We did try to get together weekly, take a step back, and evaluate how everything was going. There were definitely times when conference calls were appropriate, as well as times when in-person meetings were best. I always asked them to come to our place or vice versa.

Overall Score I'm really happy with their team.
    We could either launch the website on time or not. We did launch it on time, so I cannot complain. We actually came to be almost one month early.
    We came in under-budget for every single line item.
    I've recommended them several times.