Innovative Solutions

Nth was founded by a team of entrepreneurs and technologists. Our experience from the startup world forced us to systemise our ideation, prototyping and software development process. Using lean and agile design sprints we created a way to systemise and simplify innovation.

The objective? To find and test ground breaking solutions in the shortest possible time at the lowest possible cost.

Nth is now a company that helps others uncover internal innovation to solve their most challenging business problems. Taking you from idea stage all the way through to a complete product, or we can help you out on any step of this journey.

2018
Norwich, United Kingdom
  • University Drive, University of East Anglia
    Norwich, NFK NR4 YTJ
  • Norwich
  • Sao Paulo

Avaaz, Ehab, EV Share, Monnos, DSFront, World Energy & Meteorology Council, Copernicus Climate Change Service.

The Monnos Website

The Monnos App

The DSFront App

Development for Organization

“I’m most impressed with their flexibility in the development process and their fresh ideas on the work we’re doing.”

June 2019 - Ongoing

Nth is developing both the front- and backend of a climate visualization tool for an organization. The final product involves a time series plotted on a globe, able to predict future conditions.

Director, Organization

The team was willing to use a streamlined methodology for backend development, increasing the overall efficiency of production. They’re technologically experienced and effective communicators, boding well for the continued success of the project. Their in-person meetings were particularly valuable.

I’m the director of an organization that links the science world with the energy industry.

What challenge were you trying to address with Nth?

We needed help with the software development of a data visualization tool we’re creating.

We’re in the process of creating an app requiring both front- and backend development. The product deals with a time series of climate data to be mapped onto a globe. It’ll be country and sub-country specific, showing current and future climate data using an assortment of variables.

At this point, the backend is complete, and we’re waiting on the frontend so the data can be plotted and visualized in near-time. Users will be able to examine and download maps from the app once it’s complete.

My main point of contact was Nth’s director. He was in charge of putting together a team to complete the project. Although, I’m not sure whether the team was internal or contracted.

How did you come to work with Nth?

We came across them organically because we work in the same building. After two or three meetings, we scoped out the project, and they proved they were up for the task. Based on the fortuitous circumstances surrounding our first meeting and their expertise, we decided to hire them.

So far, we’ve invested about $20,000.

The project started in June 2019, and the work is ongoing.

The backend work is progressing very well. They adopted some new solutions that streamlined the process, which has helped us move forward. We’re only about halfway through the project, so we’ll have to wait for more specific and definite feedback.

How did Nth perform from a project management standpoint?

The project management is good in terms of scheduling and the timely completion of tasks. My team communicates with them using Slack, which is working pretty well overall.

It would be nice to communicate more regularly.

It’s always good to have a face-to-face meeting before starting to work remotely. I’d recommend finding the time to meet with them or using Skype to discuss the project more directly.

E-Commerce Consulting for Company

"Transparency was the biggest benefit they gave me, and the proof is in their bill."

October - December 2018

Nth provided technical consultancy services, offering guidance and orientation for a company working on blockchain applications. They discussed various technology options, eventually choosing Stellar.

Brazil
Rodrigo Soeiro
Founder, Monnos

The team provided excellent services, offering good information on the options available and giving their consistent know-how. They were transparent and open throughout the process, ensuring they focused on finding the best solution.

I’m the CEO and founder of Monnos, which provides an all-in-one solution for crypto users.

What challenge were you trying to address with Nth?

I’m not a technology specialist but I had a vision, so I needed some kind of orientation on the technology to make it a reality. I needed someone to guide me on this aspect, including to hire people to help me make it through.

They mainly consulted me on the necessary infrastructure of our solution. We’re focused on blockchain applications, which formed the core of our discussions, talking about the Stellar protocol, as well as Ethereum. We were also looking to Corda and other solutions similar to that but in the end, we decided to work with Stellar.

I interacted with four people from Nth in total, with one main point of contact, who coordinated with other people in the operational area. I don’t know how many technical resources they had.

How did you come to work with Nth?

I was looking to hire a consultant for the technical part, then I found someone from Nth on LinkedIn and through contacts. I was quite confident talking with him so decided to work together. I found him using LinkedIn and some contacts from the market.

We spent $10,000–$25,000.

We worked with them from October–December 2018.

Most of their offering consisted of their know-how and I didn’t explore any more than that—we’re going to launch on 15th August 2019. We had consistent, ongoing relationships with one of their consultants since the beginning. They set our limits and possibilities in exploring the technology of our solution, and they gave us the right perspective of what we could do and what we could become.

How did Nth perform from a project management standpoint?

I felt quite secure working with them and feel the decisions made in the beginning were the right ones. I’m glad I met Nth at the right moment.

Transparency was the biggest benefit they gave me, and the proof is in their bill. Other providers were much more worried about how much was going into their pocket, but Nth focused on making the right decisions to make my product a reality.

As consultants, their business model is too distant from the real problems of companies. I would prefer that they went deep into one or two projects and made those a reality.

I would recommend them to clients with the same profile as me, namely superficial information about certain technologies. Nth can help them understand what steps they can take.

They were quite punctual and disciplined.
    I would charge a bit more than what they charge me.
    The experience was at the highest level for me. They gave me exactly what I need, and a bit more than I expected.
    I have done it.