Video Production and Creative Storytellers

Coming from a diverse filmmaking background, we are a small team of passionate storytellers with a propensity for authenticity.

Noun Creative is our outlet to only work on projects that inspire us.

• United States

Video Advertisement for Professional Travel

"Their thoughtfulness in their storytelling is what really puts them at the top.."

June 2017 - Ongoing

Noun Creative produces brand and advertising videos to quickly and effectively tell a story. Their work involves the full creative process, live shoots, and production.

Mexico City, Mexico
Greg Caplan
Founder, Remote Year

The videos are exciting and compelling, and they have decrease cost per lead by 30%. Noun Creative has a thorough understanding of branding and storytelling, and their team is extremely creative.

I am the CEO of Remote Year. Remote Year is a program where professionals travel together for a year while working remotely.

What challenge were you trying to address with Noun Creative?

We approached Noun Creative to help us tell our story through video. They really helped us with the entire process, from shooting the footage, all the way through creating the narrative and editing.

Noun Creative has been involved with the brand, storytelling, and full creative process around video. We mostly worked with them for an onsite explainer video, but we have worked with them on advertising video creative as well. We have three or four official videos. All the videos are live shots of people and their experiences. They have done great work with different types of text overlays, and have interesting ways to cut and edit as well.

Noun Creative really understand our brand, and have been very involved in the storytelling process of our brand. All our videos tell a story, they were really thoughtful on how to script and knew the best way to tell the story in a short period of time through video.

How did you come to work with Noun Creative?

I came to work with Noun Creative through my relationship with their founder, Eddie Contento. We worked with a lot of different video companies throughout the years. At this time, we have been really happy with Noun Creative, and they are our primary video partner. They are really easy to work and communicate with. They also understand our brand, and how to follow up with a story. The team is fantastic and really creative; they come up with unique and innovative ideas. I have really enjoyed working with them, and I am inspired by them every day.

We have invested approximately $10,000—$20,000.

We started working with Noun Creative in June 2017, and the work is ongoing.

Their videos ads have reduced our cost per lead by over 30%. The feedback we have received has been awesome, due to the professionalism of the videos. They are exciting and compelling.

Noun Creative really understands brand and storytelling, and they are very creative.

How did Noun Creative perform from a project management standpoint?

Noun Creative is really great to communicate with. They are super detail oriented and communicate really well. It is a pleasure to work with them.

At the end of the day, their creativity is really fantastic, and their thoughtfulness in their storytelling is what really puts them at the top.

I think they are great, and I really enjoy working with them

Overall Score Eddie and the team are fantastic. I really recommend them.
    They hit every deadline.
    They have been more valuable by far than the cost.
    Everything that they have worked on has been fantastic.
    I have already referred Noun Creative to other friends and colleagues.

Video Production for Bicycle Company

"[T]hey came to the workshop and didn’t waste time; they kept the process short."

June - July 2017

Noun Creative made a live-action video to market custom bicycles in Mexico City. The team came into the project with a script in mind and was responsible for editing and adding music to the video.

Mexico City, Mexico
Jesus Lopez
Founder, Basica

The team creates an easy-going and relaxed atmosphere during their work. Noun Creative ensured their work did not disrupt the company’s workflow and production. The final video included the company’s major messages and exceeded quality expectations.

I am the founder of Basica, a Mexican company based in Mexico City. We build custom and professional for clients. We are exporting a product we made because it’s not very well received yet in Mexico City. Our bikes go from $1,500 to $2,500. It’s for people who are really into bicycles, racing or otherwise. I’ve been pushing this company since 2012. I talk with the clients and perform all the company’s organizational needs to make the product possible.

What challenge were you trying to address with Noun Creative?

One of the biggest challenges for our company is in convincing people that a handmade product is better than a cheap, mass-produced, Chinese product. We wanted to make a video to convince people of that.

We hired Noun Creative to make a short video to show the importance of buying handmade products, and also show what we do and how we build our products. The video is live action. Everything was filmed in my workshop. They filmed us doing the whole process, from measuring the clients through creating the final product. Then we had another shooting where they filmed us riding bicycles in Mexico City because that was part of what we wanted to show to our clients; to change their mindsets of having to drive cars in a crowded city.

We had something in mind for the video, but nothing really clear. They came in with a whole script and idea of what they wanted to do, so we gave a lot of freedom. They also added music to the video.

How did you come to work with Noun Creative?

I knew them from a video they’d made for a company I’ve been collaborating with called Remote Year. They made a video for Remote Year and I really liked the video. Remote Year gave me their contact information and I spoke with Eddie [Noun Creative] and he was coming to Mexico, which was perfect.

We spent $8,000.

We started working together in June 2017 until July 2017.

We are currently relaunching our entire brand, so we haven’t used the video publicly yet. I really like it though. I was surprised by the quality. It exceeded my expectations. It’s a short video, but it’s very detailed and includes everything we wanted to say to our clients.

How did Noun Creative perform from a project management standpoint?

They were good and made everything easy. I didn’t want to have to rearrange our whole office for the video or interrupt our workflow too much. I liked how they came to the workshop and didn’t waste time; they kept the process short. They adapted to what we were doing at the time in the company.

They are easygoing people. Everything was very easy.

We set up meetings and everything was very professional.
    For the quality, it was not that expensive. I hope this video will help us to position the product where we want.
    We were very happy with the service. Everything was on time.
    Very likely.

Video Production for Charity

“[Noun Creative] is incredibly talented and crafted a compelling story from footage capture to production."

May 2016 - Apr. 2017

Noun Creative managed the video production element of a nonprofit organization's website. They handled storyboarding, filming and interviewing, editing, and web design in CSS.

Phoenix, Arizona
Sean Tierney
Founder, Charity Makeover

The video's professionalism attracted viewers, and its story had the desired emotional impact. Noun Creative excelled at not only managing the technical aspects of video production, but also at telling an absorbing narrative. They offered an exceptional product and great customer service.

I’m the founder of Charity Makeover, a volunteer effort focused on digital fundraising. The goal is to implement whatever digital infrastructure we can to help a charity with things they’re missing, including marketing materials, CRM systems, and accounting systems. We travel the world purely as a volunteer organization. I’m currently in Spain, and I’ve been to 58 cities over the past year alone.

What challenge were you trying to address with Noun Creative?

We were supporting Proyecto Cayaya at that time, which is an Argentinean nonprofit. They have a monkey sanctuary with about 120 displaced monkeys from a black market pet trade, and they had no website, CRM, or accounting system. We took a weekend and a group of 14 volunteers to implement everything they were missing. We needed Noun Creative to handle the video portion of that project.

The video is about two minutes long, and it’s the centerpiece of the website which tells the story, gets people excited, and makes them want to share it with friends. It’s centered around awareness and encouraging people to donate. We set up a crowdfunding platform for each of the monkeys, which also helps encourage people.

Eddie [Noun Creative] documented the entire trip, and he took footage of our visit to the sanctuary. He pieced all of this together to create a really profound video. He did everything from capturing footage, to storyboarding, to finalized video. He also worked on some CSS styling work on the website, but he mainly focused on video production. He captured an interview with the family that runs the sanctuary, spliced it all up, then put a music soundtrack to it.

They haven’t helped with marketing, but they did offer assistance. We have another project that we’re going to try and get a contest kicked off for them. We envision it being the way to really jumpstart awareness, and we’re going to leverage the Remote Year Network. I’ve traveled the world with Eddie, and he’s offered his services again on a volunteer basis to go in and help us put this contest in place.

How did you come to work with Noun Creative?

They were one of 70 participants traveling all around the world with us, and I got to know Eddie better over the course of that year. This particular project happened during the 11th month, so we knew each other pretty well by then. He’s a great guy, and he’s very talented. We put out a request to the group, and he agreed to it. I didn’t approach other agencies.

The project was a charity effort, so we didn’t actually pay for any of the services.

The work was completed in April 2017.

The video brought our contact person to tears. The owner of Remote Year happened to be in town, and he was also very impressed with the presentation, and couldn’t believe the quality we pulled off. It has 160 views to date, but we haven’t really put much traffic onto it.

How did Noun Creative perform from a project management standpoint?

Eddie is self-guided, so I didn’t have to manage him at all. I was the project manager on that whole effort, which was slightly difficult due to having 14 people on the team.

We executed the project, and it was good quality. We visited the sanctuary the second weekend in April 2017, and conducted the event a week later. He had a week to pull all the footage together, and he did it successfully. He actually finished it ahead of time, and we only had to request minimal changes.

Eddie has a really good eye. He is incredibly talented and crafted a compelling story from footage capture to production. He uses video, but he’s a natural, self-taught storyteller who is very good at what he does.

The project was free of cost due to being a charity effort, but it was still perfect. I’m not sure what I would want to be different about it.

Six. He delivered the project in 4 days, which is about as good as you could expect from anyone.
    He created a valuable product in a short period of time even though there was no actual cash transaction.
    The video speaks for itself. It’s an incredibly compelling product that he created under a tight deadline.

Video Production for Research Firm

"They were easy to work and communicate with."

July - Dec. 2016

Working from interviews and discussions, Noun Creative filmed a variety of footage and compiled it into a highlight reel with B-roll. The video included special effects and music as well.

Boston, Massachusetts
Cara Maloney
Senior Strategist, Latitude Research

Clients appreciated the video, which conveyed the viewer perspective and added interest to statistics. Noun Creative impressed with their technical skill, unique editing style, and fast turnarounds. The agency was always courteous in their communication and prompt in their deliveries.

At Latitude, we focus on research, primarily in the media space, for companies doing brand effectiveness and strategy, audience development, and thought leadership work. I am a senior strategist.

What challenge were you trying to address with Noun Creative?

After the completion of an initial quantitative phase of a research project with a TV network, we wanted to create a highlight reel to bring all the findings to life for the client and allow them to share it with potential advertisers.

Based on our previous quantitative work for the project, we developed a discussion guide and did one-on-one and group interviews. Noun Creative took part in those, captured all the footage (including B-roll), and turned the raw material into a highlight reel. The video is mostly live action with text effects, music, and similar elements.

We worked with Noun Creative for two different clients but on similar projects, with the same setup of capturing the interviews and thinking about creative, B-roll, and editing techniques to make them as interesting as possible.

How did you come to work with Noun Creative?

I reached out to Eddie Contento and a few other people I knew for recommendations of video services, which lead us to Noun Creative.

We'd done most of our work with a different video company, but our boss thought we’d gotten into a stale, stagnant place with them. After sharing some of Eddie’s work with my boss, he liked Noun Creative's style and wanted to try them out.

The total cost of the two projects was around $20,000.

We started working with Noun Creative in July 2016. The second project was completed in December that same year.

We don’t get a ton of feedback beyond our clients saying that they like the work and share it with their internal teams and clients. In terms of more real success metrics, the client organization for the first project was happy enough to do more work with us and Noun Creative for a different part of their company.

We achieved the goal of successfully capturing what the viewer of the networks we were testing looked like, and adding another layer onto the statistics we found in the previous phases of our research. Also, the editing and music styles made the work a bit fresher compared to a few corporate videos we’ve done in the past.

How did Noun Creative perform from a project management standpoint?

They were easy to work and communicate with. We had introductory and kickoff calls, and the rest of the communication was over email. Both projects went well and Noun Creative met all our deadlines. They were also quick to turnaround a few bouts of editing afterward.

They took the standard, in-person interviews and kept them within what clients are looking for, while making them more appealing from a visual and creative perspective.

I can’t think of anything. We were satisfied.

Overall Score For all the reasons mentioned, I don’t have a bad thing to say about them.
    They made all our deadlines and worked quickly.
    They were cheaper than our other video provider, and we were happy with their work.
    Both sets of deliverables were exactly what we wanted. If we had edits, Noun Creative was quick to make them.
    I'd definitely recommend them, considering that all our clients were happy with their work.