We lead fearless brands to limitless growth.

We’re a digital commerce, optimization, and marketing agency built for fearless brands seeking growth and profitability for their ecommerce businesses.

We’re experts at our craft, and are partnered with the best ecommerce platforms in the world: Shopify Plus, Klaviyo, and Dynamic Yield

Philadelphia, PA
  • 2 S. Front Street
    Philadelphia, PA 19106

Web Development for Coffee Company

"I can’t speak highly enough about their performance because I didn’t think the time frame would be feasible."

Feb. 2019 - Ongoing

Noticed developed a largely-custom Shopify website to support a rebrand with new digital experiences. The created wireframes and content ahead of the April 2019 launch.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Benjamin Elmalek
Senior E-Commerce Manager, Partners Coffee

The website received praise from internal and external stakeholders while also experiencing steady sales rates. During the engagement, Noticed adhered to the brand vision and met every deadline. The team’s ability to provide a range of custom solutions distinguished them from other vendors.

I’m the senior e-commerce manager at Partners Coffee.

What challenge were you trying to address with Noticed?

We hired Noticed to revamp our website after we rebranded the company and its name to Partners Coffee. Since Partners Coffee wanted to change its digital assets as well, they onboarded me to redo the digital experience. I needed a vendor to help me meet the 8-week timeline.

Noticed did front- and backend development from scratch, designing a semi-custom theme on Shopify. They created the wireframes and rewrote content with the end goal to provide a completely new digital experience for our customers. The Shopify site launched in April 2019.

I met with the CEO and then interacted with a 4-person team during development. The team included a project manager, a lead developer, a designer, and a web optimization resource.

How did you come to work with Noticed?

I found Noticed via the Shopify Partner program. The team was local and offered a reasonable price.

We spent $35,000.

We worked with them from February–April 2019. Noticed is providing post-launch monitoring through early May 2019.

Sales have been stable, but we don’t expect to see an uptick until we educate our customers about our brand change. The site received positive feedback from internal stakeholders and our peers at an industry trade show for its digital experience.

How did Noticed perform from a project management standpoint?

Noticed did a stellar job compared to other vendors I’ve engaged. I can’t speak highly enough about their performance because I didn’t think the time frame would be feasible. During development, we communicated via email and Trello; I interacted directly with the project manager and the lead developer.

Their development dashboard helped us create a custom solution, which gave us a range of opportunities other vendors couldn’t have supplied.

No, I can’t think of anything.

Clients should explain their business needs thoroughly. Don’t hesitate to repeat information when it reinforces the vision and desired direction.

Overall Score We had a great experience.
    They never missed a meeting or deadline within the tight schedule.
    It's hard to be perfect in this area.
    They did an amazing job. Everything was on time and as planned.
    I would recommend them. They were quick and provided a great experience.

E-Commerce Dev for Fine Independent Jeweler

"They were responsive and made us feel like an important client."

Feb. - Nov. 2018

Noticed migrated an e-commerce website on to the Shopify platform. Since the launch, the team has provided services for marketing and paid search.

Roanoke, Virginia
Lindsey Sinozich
Marketing Director, Fink's Jewelers

The new site increased retail traffic and improved the user journey. An efficient and engaged partner, Noticed stands out through their efforts to achieve high ROI.

I’m the marketing director of Fink’s Jewelry. We have brick-and-mortar stores and an e-commerce site.

What challenge were you trying to address with Noticed?

Our website had a Squarespace frontend and BigCommerce backend, which had created two URLs. As a result, we encountered challenges with the user journey. Our team hired Noticed to re-platform the site on to Shopify.

Noticed re-platform the site, launching it in November 2018 ahead of the holiday selling season. Given the timing, we re-engaged the vendor for marketing, paid search, and email marketing services. They now handle those three verticals and continue to make site improvements.

I interface with Marina (Senior E-Commerce Strategist, Noticed) a few times a week and speak to Micah (Director of Growth Marketing, Noticed) almost daily.

How did you come to work with Noticed?

One of the owners reached out to Notice via their live chat feature. That interaction led to a series of meetings, during which the team did not attempt to oversell us. Noticed did due diligence during the discovery phase and presented to our team off site. Their focus on ROI and the development side were major selling points for our team.

We started working together in February 2018 and the site launched that November.

The site drove traffic into our stores and has enabled us to put more merchandise online and work with a variety of useful tools. By consolidating to one URL, our team now provides an enhanced user journey while making smarter decisions that enable us to stay engaged with online customers.

How did Noticed perform from a project management standpoint?

They were responsive and made us feel like an important client.

I can’t compare them against many vendors since most of my research focused on the Magento space. However, Noticed is uniquely concentrated on achieving ROI with the ad spend. They make the client comfortable by demonstrating their intent to generate revenue.

The website took longer than the initial estimate, but no launch happens on time. However, we transitioned to an internal team post-launch and everything has been going well with the functional site. We are incredibly pleased with Noticed’s marketing services. The team has been responsive and engaged while boosting our ad spend ROI.

Provide as much information as possible without overloading them. The team learns quickly and works in a fast-paced environment. Noticed will want to learn about the client’s business and make the most of the partnership.

Web Dev for Exotic Lumber Company

"... I felt like the company as a whole didn’t deliver on their promises."

2017 - Ongoing

Noticed developed a website for an exotic hardwood lumber distributor on a Shopify platform and entered a maintenance agreement thereafter. This review was originally 5-stars overall for the initial delivery, but updated by the client May 30, 2018 after the new engagement.

Klamath Falls, Oregon
Catherine Cook
Founder, Cook Woods

Noticed carefully explained processes so the client felt confident about decisions. The development team was extremely knowledgeable and capable of handling any technical task in-house. The successful build led a to a separate maintenance agreement which the client was not nearly as happy with.

I’m the owner of Cook Woods. We sell exotic and domestic hardwood lumber through our website. We’re a web-based business.

What challenge were you trying to address with Noticed?

I was facing the problem that Magento was moving from Magento 1 to Magento 2. I had been extremely unhappy with the way that my current developer had been managing our Magento. I figured I needed to explore options and see if I even had to stay on the Magento platform or if there were other options out there.

They’re building a new website for us. We’re switching from the Magento to the Shopify platform.

The owner, Adam [Owner, Noticed] was my first, and my main, point of contact.

We’re a small business and this is not what I do for a living. I don’t know much about development. We don’t have an in-house development team. We’re just trying to make this work.

How did you come to work with Noticed?

I was in an exploratory phase where I needed more information. I started calling companies to find out what solutions there were. Noticed randomly reached out to me because they were targeting people on Magento 1. I had an email from them.  A lot of people will tell you anything to get your business, but Adam  shared information with me, that after hearing from him, I could look it up and see that what he had told me was industry standard or on the cutting edge of what was unfolding in the industry. He was very knowledgeable and cares about what he’s doing. He has a passion for the work that he does. That was my first impression. I knew that Noticed cared about my business and their goal wasn’t just to make money. They were more interested in a long-term relationship.

$67,000.

We started working together in Spring 2017 and the work is ongoing

What evidence can you share that would demonstrate the impact of the engagement?

I love how hands on Adam is. He’s extremely knowledgeable and honest. He’s a great contact for any questions that I had. Once we signed on with them, he went more into the shadows and his team took over. I’ve had the experience where somebody sells you on something and they’re never accessible again. He’s always been accessible and his team has been professional. I like that they have a lot of really knowledgeable people on the team that are specialized. The developers are very knowledgeable. We’ve been working with a couple of different intermediaries to help transfer information data from one platform to another. There are times where they say, “We can’t do this or that,” and the developers with say, “We can because of these different things we can see on the backend.” They’re yes people. They look for ways to figure it out.

Noticed has walked alongside me. When there were times I didn’t know how to answer some of the questions, they walked me through it. They’ve made it an easy process where if I felt overwhelmed, they made it so it was feasible for me to make the decisions I needed to make for our business

How did Noticed perform from a project management standpoint?

Communication has been great. The project manager has been involved to make sure it’s going along, but I’ve been able to talk directly with the people that are doing things. That’s helpful because nothing can get lost in translation. Deadlines haven’t been quite on. I found that to be kind of industry standard.

Their process of finding out what you need and want was thorough. Once we’ve gotten into the process of designing and the different features that we need, they’ve been good at taking care of it. I haven’t had to remind them. I’ve had to do that with other companies. Noticed has a very thorough process.

The timeline could be improved. I already talked to Adam about it, but one of the design guys was a little bit hard to talk with. The guy was phenomenal though. The way that things look and his insight on design was fantastic. We didn’t have to go back on the things he produced.

Updated Review

This review was updated on May 30th, 2018, by the client. The original star ratings were: Overall - 5, Quality - 5, Schedule - 4, Cost - 4, NPS - 5. New content is below:

At this point, we’ve finished our project and contract.

At first, we were pleased with them, but their staff turnover rate seemed extremely high. Our developer and project manager were both replaced with new hires who didn’t have the same context or knowledge about our project. When these staff changes happened, it became much more difficult to work with them.

We spent a total of $86,000 on this engagement. They billed us $18,000 more than we expected. Two external web developers agreed with our assessment based on the website’s quality and functionality compared to the price.

We’ve worked together for eight and a half months and have completed our contract.

Describe the impact this engagement has had on your business.

The owner, Adam (Founder and CEO, Noticed), is a very good salesman, but I felt like the company as a whole didn’t deliver on their promises. Based on that takeaway, I had a negative experience overall.

How did they perform from a project management standpoint?

I didn’t feel like the project manager they assigned fully understood our project. They left the company before our build was completed.

The most impressive thing is their owner’s marketing abilities. Unfortunately, the staff members assigned to my project didn’t stay at the company long enough to deliver what I discussed with him.

In what specific areas can they improve?

I suggest they focus on retaining their employees and quality of work. I felt like they overbilled me and yelled at me on a phone call, and that they compromised on my project. They should deliver the quality that I expected based on what they described.

What advice do you have for clients with similar needs to yours?

I suggest using a different vendor. I felt like they overbilled me for a website that seems poorly constructed.

1.0
Overall Score I wouldn’t want other people to have similar experiences in the future as I felt about this project.
    It seemed like some tasks were left until the last minute. The projected timeline wasn’t accurate since the build took eight and a half months instead of three.
    Our invoice was $18,000 higher than we expected and the website didn’t match our requirements.
    Aspects of our project were left poorly completed.
    I don’t recommend using this company.

E-Commerce Software Dev for Outdoor Furniture Company

“I can’t see the point in using anyone else at this point.”

July 2017 - Ongoing

Noticed implemented new e-commerce software for an outdoor patio and furniture company. They wanted to switch from a Magento platform to a Shopify platform.

Temecula, California
Jonathan Burlingham
CEO, Starfire Direct

The client's team has had an overwhelming response to the new software implementation, and overall company workflow has become streamlined and more efficient. Noticed was able to work on custom software components for the site with ease, which proved their technical savvy.

I am the CEO of StarfireDirect.com which is a one-stop shop for patio, barbecue, fireplace, umbrella, grilling, and outdoor furniture needs. All of our pieces have been curated and designed for high-end consumers and commercial applications. We work with some of the best brands in the industry. We are primarily a .com that services consumers, contractors, hotels, restaurants, and commercial applications, nationally and internationally. We also have a brick-and-mortar location where we service local southern-Californian customers.

We really care about our customers and customer service, so every facet of our business is tailored to the overall experience that the end user will have by purchasing a product from us.

What challenge were you trying to address with Noticed?

We were using a Magento platform for our website which was built in-house. When we realized that 1.9 was being phased out and was no longer available with security updates, we saw the need to revise our site, even though we just launched the new site in 2015.

With a need to improve our site and update it, we set up a meeting with Noticed. We had a chance to get to know them, what they’re about, their operating style, and their work methodology, their processes and flows, and, also, their critiques and experience with Shopify Plus. Those conversations resulted in hiring Noticed and switching our platform from Magento to Shopify Plus. We needed custom work to be done for our particular industry, our needs, and our site. We wanted it to have the look and feel of our brand that we’ve developed over the years, and Noticed had experience with that.

They modified a template to our needs, which saved us quite a bit of money versus starting from scratch. In addition, they offered an analysis of our site to see what things were not necessary that were bogging it down and adding clutter. When we received their review and analysis of our existing site, we quickly realized that whatever design they were going to implement for us was going to be data-driven, current, and relevant to our industry. Obviously, we had input, but, for the most part, we let them decide the structure, and they advised us on how to do that.

We worked with our team manager, Jake, and Pierre and Josh on design, and Gina on the development team. They took the lead and told us exactly what to do, and changes happened quickly.

How did you come to work with Noticed?

When we went to Shoptalk 2017 in Las Vegas, one of the sponsored meetings that we scheduled was with Noticed. We talked with them, and we liked what they had to say.

This wasn’t the first time we’ve been down this road. In 10 years, we’ve redesigned our website and put it on a new platform 5–6 times. We were very skeptical and cautious as to who we were going to partner up with this time. Noticed had the best presentation and best strategy going forward.

What we are getting is worth what we paid. They achieved a lot in an efficient manner due to the way that they handle their operations and the way their infrastructure is set up. They don’t have big fancy offices that require overhead and a constant stream of revenue coming in to maintain it. That’s a value-add for us. We received great value for a great site.

We’ve been working with them 4 months, and we’re set to launch the site next week. We’re talking to them about another website that we’d like them to do for us. I can’t see the point in using anyone else at this point.

I’d give the site an A+. Our team is loving our new site. Our processes and overall workflow have become simpler and more refined.

We outsourced a company to do our custom Magento gallery for close to a year. It cost $10,000–$15,000 just for this gallery feature, and it never worked right. When Noticed saw what we were trying to do, they had it built and live within a week and it works a thousand times better. It’s fast, and it has a better design. That’s just an example of the quality that you get from Noticed and the functionality of working within Shopify compared to Magento. Adding those images or products to link to those pictures in the gallery is much easier for our team now.

How did Noticed perform from a project management standpoint?

We are 2–3 weeks past our deadline, but that is only because we added some things during the process. Communication was excellent. They set up ActiveCollab, which made it easy for us as a team to communicate with them. We’d always get responses right away, and everything was documented. Our weekly or bi-weekly meetings were always on time.

I have nothing bad to say about Noticed, and I’ve never had that experience with a developer before.

Overall Score It’s been a real pleasure working with their team.
    They’re not the least expensive nor the most expensive, but the product is worth every penny.
    They do excellent work in design and implementation for Shopify.

Web Design & Maintenance for Wholesale Food Business

"Noticed understands our brand well and they've brought a lot of experience from working with other clients."

2014 - Ongoing

The client hired Noticed for web design and development work which included handling the maintenance of their existing site as well as creating a new site for a new brand.

Mount Pleasant, PA
Marketing, Wholesale Food Business

Noticed is a reliable and valuable partner. The agency successfully fulfills requests and makes recommendations. The client reports that there was difficulty with communicating design elements, but recommends Noticed for their great work.

We are a wholesale food company located in Pennsylvania.

I am the marketing coordinator.

What business challenge were you trying to address with Noticed?

We needed web design and development work.

Noticed took over the maintenance of our current web property and created a website for a new brand. They're currently working on two new websites for us and are also in charge of web maintenance. We're currently considering using their e-marketing services as well.

How did you come to work with Noticed?

We found Noticed through a database of trusted Drupal developers. We needed relevant experience for our website's technology. The previous agency we were working with sold their business to a bigger company, and we were not interested in collaborating with that party. We moved over to Noticed and saw them as a good vendor and a potential partner for developing our new brand's website, as well as reworking our old site. We were entering a completely new market.

The total project scope has been over $100,000.

We started working with Noticed two years ago.

When it comes to design work, Noticed has a very skilled team. They made a lot of recommendations based on their experience with search engine optimization [SEO] and the general limitations of the work environment. The ease-of-use for an e-commerce experience was determined by what we could do with Magento or other platforms which we were using.

What distinguishes Noticed from other providers?

We have a very strong relationship with them. I have always been able to get a hold of them when I needed to. Noticed understands our brand well and they've brought a lot of experience from working with other clients. They understand confidentiality concepts, but have still been able to guide us based on their past work.

Is there anything Noticed could have improved or done differently?

We had some trouble with stressing out the importance of certain design elements. We even had to come up with our own designs at times. Noticed was open to accommodating us, but it required a bit more effort than what we would have thought.