Websites, Brand & Marketing Strategy

At Northwest Media Collective, we provide agency level support with the focused attention of a small company.

We are small and local with a broad reach. While all our websites are built in house, we maintain connections with many folks locally, and around the world, including: web developers, programmers, designers, marketers and copywriters for international ad agencies, branding specialists, content producers, ethnographers and market researchers.

We use a multifaceted approach to overall management; and we customize this approach based on scope, budget and duration of the project. We consider these important variables and choose the best people for the project based on their qualifications and availability.

We are flexible and smart, plus we genuinely care about people and delivering a strong message that is on point and authentic.

Northwest Media Collective Inc.
613 W 11th st
Vancouver, WA 98660
Northwest Media Collective Inc. Portland, OR

Future Dial, Vana Solutions, Cascade Management, Rex Plastics, Tilamook, HTC, Bank of the West, Pioneer Pacific College, Aldercreek, GoTrashy, Oakiwear

WordPress Dev for Software & Services Provider

“Their ability to understand the needs of their clients is exceptional.”

Jan. - Mar. 2018

Northwest Media built a new WordPress site, designing product and service pages that appeal to both government and public sectors.

Beavercreek, Ohio
Dean Rogers
Marketing & Partnerships, Vana Solutions

The traffic increased almost by 50% and the feedback from customers has been overwhelmingly positive. As a smaller agency, Northwest Media is able to give personal attention to their clients, while their expertise and professionalism make them stand out among competitors.

I manage marketing and partnerships activities at Vana Solutions. We're a software and service provider that works mostly with government and public sectors.

What challenge were you trying to address with Northwest Media?

We were repositioning and polishing our brand, but our website had an antiquated look and feel. We wanted our site to have a more slick look that would appeal to both the commercial segment and the public sector. We started looking for a company to revamp our website, help us with SEO, and expand our social media presence.

They helped us implement our vision and design ideas. One of our challenges was to make the site look pro-government without going to the extremes. Northwest Media accomplished that for us. It's a WordPress site and they used Adobe tools, such as InDesign and Photoshop, to handle the design aspect. In addition, they provided training for us and set up Google Analytics to track the website performance. We currently have an agreement with them for monthly site updates.

We mostly worked with Abby (Co-founder and Lead Designer, Northwest Media Collective) and Holly (Lead Developer, Northwest Media Collective). There were 3–4 other members of their team working on our project, including Travis (Co-founder and Backend Developer, Northwest Media Collective), who handled the migration of data from our existing web service provider to the new one).

How did you come to work with them?

We did a Google search, looking for local designers to help us with the website. Northwest Media was among the top five companies. Some vendors I got in touch with didn't even return my calls, but when I talked to Abby, she seemed very approachable, professional, and thorough. After I visited their office, I decided they were the right fit.

We spent about $10,000.

We worked with them between January–March 2018.

We were in the process of releasing a couple of new products and services when the website launched. The launch of the site coincided with the event we attended and we saw at least a double factor on our homepage hits, while our bounce rates decreased by about 25%. The engagement also increased by 30% since people spent longer on our site, especially on product and service pages. The website is targeted towards our market and is laid out very accurately. Our customers even refer to it during our meetings. We now use the website more than PowerPoint when we do our presentations, especially if the initial sales call or an CEO defaults to using our webpage.

How did they perform from a project management standpoint?

They were exceptional. They used Basecamp, so everything we did was tracked and documented. We also had weekly meetings and used BlueJeans for video conferencing. They were always very organized.

Their ability to understand the needs of their clients is exceptional. Since they're a smaller firm, they can build a better relationship with their customers. They were very thorough and understanding of our content and our market.

I can't think of anything. They were fair on pricing, very attentive, and never overbearing. They never treated us like we were a small project.

We had an initial vision in mind and we provided them with a rough draft. They took it and improved it, so we saved a lot of time. They can start a project from scratch, but the process will be more efficient if you come somewhat prepared.

They were better at time management that I expected.
    They gave us an itemized proposal, providing us with options. We could pick and choose, creating the service with various add-ons.
    I've already recommended them.

WordPress Redesign for Mobile Software Company

“The overall friendliness of the folks that we dealt with was very positive.”

May 2017 - Feb. 2018

Northwest Media redesigned a WordPress website and added new functionalities for a mobile software company. They smoothed the website's flow, improved the visuals, and will soon be doing SEO.

Austin, Texas
Thomas Rayas
VP of Marketing, FutureDial

Sales leads have increased, web traffic is up, and the site’s modern visuals received great reviews. Northwest Media’s use of technology in their communication lent it a personal feel and contributed to an ongoing relationship, along with their responsiveness and friendly attitude.

I’m the Vice President of Marketing at Future Dial. We’re a software company that develops solutions and platforms in the mobility space. We sell to Tier 1 carriers and third-party logistics providers that service big carriers.

What challenge were you trying to address with Northwest Media Collective Inc.?

The largest complaint we received from visitors to our site was that they didn’t understand what we were selling, or what our services were. We decided to outsource the creative, design work our site needed, hoping that they would simplify our message, create a more consistent approach, and increase our stickiness.

They redesigned our WordPress site, but didn’t add any e-commerce capabilities, since we’re strictly B2B. Part of the redesigned involved working with a copywriter who wordsmithed our content. They also built a Solutions Finder for us, which guides and steers visitors to the appropriate solution set that meets their business needs. We also have SEO scoped with them, but that’s next on the task list.

We had one main project manager, but we worked with four individuals total, including a copywriter.

How did you come to work with Northwest Media Collective Inc.?

I believe they were referred to us. I came in contact with them through our Chief Commercial Officer, I believe that somebody he knows had used them in the past. I’d actually spoken to close to 10 different companies before we settled on Northwest Media.

Their fee structure was highly competitive, and actually on the lower end, which helped because were under a budget constraint. A lot of the companies I’d spoken to were on the east coast and a lot of my team is on the west coast, so we wanted someone in a similar time zone. Then, during the interview process, they just seemed to really get it, or understand what we were after in terms of simplifying our messaging.

We’ve spent between $10,000 to $50,000.

We’ve been working together since May 2017, and the website went live in mid-February.

We've already generated a good number of leads through the new site. It’s only been live for a few months, but Google Analytics is showing an increase in traffic. The initial feedback we received, both from our sales team, which are some of our harshest critics, as well as visitors to the site that we know, have all been extremely positive. They like the modern feel, the imagery, the wording, cleanliness, and even the organizational structure of the site. I'm extremely pleased with the new site, especially it's look and feel, the flow, and some of the new things that Northwest has introduced from a conceptual standpoint.

How did Northwest Media Collective Inc. perform from a project management standpoint?

From the beginning, they designed weekly conference calls as check-ins and status updates, which they did over videoconference. That last part really helped personalize their communication. They hit their milestones and we also hit the targeted go-live date, a global tradeshow. The folks that we that we dealt with on a day to day basis were extremely responsive.

The overall friendliness of the folks that we dealt with was very positive. I could reach out to a project manager, pretty much any time of day or night, and they would immediately answer or respond very quickly. Even with additional requests and stuff after the fact, they’re extremely responsive.

I can't really think of any issues I had with them, to come up with an improvement request.

Website Development for Garden Table Manufacturer

"NW Medial Collective has been everything and more than I could have expected."

Nov. 2017

Northwest Media Collective Inc. created a website to showcase custom-made tables for upcoming events. The team integrated Facebook calendar functionalities and easy-to-use contact pages.

Vancouver, Canada
Donna Saladin
President, Country Garden Tables, LLC

The website captures the business and its products well and was built quickly and efficiently. NW Media gave suggestions for improvements throughout development, treating the business’ interests as their own. They were easy to work with and have helped with support since finishing development.

I am owner and president of Country Garden Tables, LLC, a company that builds handcrafted hardwood tables and bars for rent. Our customers are wedding venues, cooperate parties, and fundraising events. We also build to order for purchase. My role includes customer service, marketing, and promotion of the business, along with managing social media and tracking sales.

For what projects/services did your company hire Northwest Media Collective Inc.?

As a new business with limited cash flow and using only Facebook for marketing, we needed to build a website for visibility. We wanted a website that expressed who we were, but also showcased our products and the events we participated in. The website needed to link us to the customer and our business software.

We had booked five events for the upcoming year by the end of October 2017. We needed to take the next step and create a website that would allow greater visibility and promote events that we were participating in, such as bridal shows and various fundraisers. We anticipated that the website would bring us more bookings for 2018.

Travis Buck [Owner, NW Media Collective] and I have known each other for a while and are in similar networking circles. Although my business is small for him and wouldn't have been able to afford their services, he stepped up and offered to help.

I had owned another business that used a WordPress website, and I didn't want to go back down that road; my abilities were best used elsewhere. Travis did some behind the scenes work, pulled from our Facebook and advertising media for upcoming shows and created a sample website. Upon reviewing the site we decided to go forward with NW Media Collective.

We submitted information for the various pages and Travis and his team put it together. He gave me feedback on what the site might need and if I got stuck he gave me ideas. Due to our upcoming events, Travis made sure all our contact information was visible, highlighted the phone number font and created several links on the site to the "contact us" page.

Travis created the site and Abby [Lead Designer, NW Media Collective] gave him feedback before they sent it to me. Abby and I were always on the same page as far as design ideas and Travis started to take some leads from Abby. They used Boot Camp to back up and check the website.

I can't express how relieved to have the website up and running as we go into our 2018 wedding shows. Within the next two months, we are presenting at two shows and providing our product for a national fundraiser. A website for potential customers to view not only showcases our product but also presents us in a professional manner. NW Medial Collective has been everything and more than I could have expected.

How effective was the project management?

Being the sole person responsible for the website on our end, I didn't have a team of my own for collaboration. Travis and his team became my team. On their side, they took an interest in our company like it was their own.

The idea that he could create such a great website in such a short period of time with only information pulled from our Facebook page was impressive. I can't express enough how easy Travis was to work with; the fact that I don't have to manage a WordPress website is a huge relief. I can call or email anytime and he will change or update my site.

The quality of work and ease of communication is impressive. I am fortunate that Travis and his team stepped in to create our website. We are a small company for NW Media Collective and I am grateful that they were willing to work with us.

Overall Score They're the best.
    They were easy to schedule with.
    They created a budget we could work with.
    They are the best of the best in my opinion.
    I already have and will continue to refer them.

Web Dev for Property Management Company

“They treat me like I’m their only client.”

2013 - Ongoing

Northwest developed a WordPress website, made changes to a custom CMS, and continues to provide ongoing web support.

Portland, Oregon
Lourdes Salmonte-García
Marketing Specialist

Users have given positive feedback on the vibrancy of the website, and the WordPress CMS is user-friendly. Northwest offers the most recent technologies to aid in client progression, and their customer service is so invaluable that it has secured the possibility for future projects.

I’m the marketing specialist for Cascade Management. We manage over 250 properties throughout Oregon and Washington, the majority of which are affordable housing.

What challenge were you trying to address with Northwest Media Collective Inc.?

We’re partners with Northwest, and we hired them to do our website. This is our primary project with them, but they’ve also offered services for executive partners.

Our website is a listing to promote our properties, so it shows how many vacancies we have, all property information, what services we offer, and information about our team and managers. It’s a simple website, but it contains a lot of information about our clients.

They created this website, but they still provide support for it. They help us if something happens to the website, or if we have problems uploading anything. I just contact them via email, and they respond quickly. We use a custom CMS [content management system] for the backend, and they made some changes to the CMS of our website. I was having problems uploading photos, so Travis [Vice President, Northwest Media Collective, Inc.] and his team found a solution.

They used information from us this year to create a WordPress website for Hazelwood Retirement Community. They'll also be helping us build another website next year, and they continue to provide ongoing support.

I communicate with 2 people from Northwest, including Abby [Co-founder, Northwest Media Collective, Inc.], who helps with all executive portraits. I also communicate with Travis, our web developer. He’s a very nice person, and helps me a lot with the website.

How did you come to work with Northwest Media Collective Inc.?

We've had a long business relationship. As soon as I started working with the company, my supervisor introduced me to them and informed me of their responsibilities.

We began working together in 2013, and the engagement is ongoing.

Our website uses a custom, user-friendly CMS, which I like. The websites are colorful and contain a lot of photos, and people really like them. I prefer WordPress over our custom CMS because it’s even more user-friendly, and the photos and font sizes are bigger. The feedback has been positive.

I’ve had a good experience with them, and I gave them another project for next year. I sent our request via email, and they were quick to start brainstorming, gathering information, and looking at different websites we already have. After 2–3 days, they already had a proposal for us. They treat me like I’m their only client, but I know that they have many more.

They are quick with everything. It’s easy for them to use the same template for all of their clients, but they take the time to make a new one each time. They encourage me to use social networks, and they strive for my company to be creative and new, which is why they offer their most recent and best templates and software.

Travis responds quickly via email, but it would be nice if we could engage in live chats where I could make immediate change requests.

Outsourced Web Dev & Marketing Projects for Web Consultancy

"[They] are personable, professional, and easy to work with."

May 2013 - Ongoing

Northwest Media worked with a web consulting business to deliver high quality web development and brand strategy projects. The customers are satisfied, and the collaboration has lasted for years.

Portland, Oregon
Mathew Guilfoyle
Owner, MJGuilfoyle LLC

Their WordPress, brand strategy, and project management skills are exemplary. They're flexible, professional and stay on top of their deadlines when delivering complex customized projects.

I'm the owner of MJGuilfoyle, a web consulting business. We work with WordPress website development and brand strategy.

What challenge were you trying to address with Northwest Media?

I had a new business and needed to get it off the ground. I wanted to find a subcontractor with a good long-standing reputation and expertise in WordPress.

As a consultant, I put together and sell deals, and they're my top subcontractor. Each year we deliver 7–12 large joint projects and a number of small projects. We've mostly been working with them on WordPress web development, which is their main area of expertise. In addition, they help us with social media management and digital marketing – either with new brands or with the brands that already have their websites.

I work mainly with Travis [Travis Buck, Lead Developer] and Abby [Abby Spyker, Lead Designer], and they manage their teams.

How did you come to work with them?

I was referred to them by local business groups. I had a discussion with Travis over coffee and was impressed by the technical expertise Northwest had to offer. They were interested in long-term collaboration, which was important to me. I was very confident when I hired them.

We spend around $50,000–$60,000 per year.

We started working with them in 2013 and we still do projects together.

When I have a complicated or customized project, I always work with them. They have an outstanding skill set and a track record of successfully delivering those projects on budget or on time. Our customers are highly satisfied and want to stay with us long-term.

How did they perform from a project management standpoint?

They're exceptionally skilled at project management, which enabled us to deliver high quality projects with consistency. With the clients we rely on Basecamp, so there are no communication barriers. Everything is fully transparent, which is fundamental to our partnership.

Travis and Abby are both personable, professional, and easy to work with. When the business realities of our clients change, they're flexible and willing to adjust the project deliveries and timelines to accommodate the client.

Check the track record of success and see what the past clients are saying. In the case of Northwest Media, that was all positive and continues to be positive.