Drive more traffic and revenue to your business.

We are an award-winning content marketing, SEO, and digital PR agency.  We create content that gets your brand noticed and drives organic results.

Austin, TX
  • 12424 Black Hills Drive
    Austin, TX 78748

HomeAdvisor, Intuit, TaxAct, RetailMeNot, Rent.com, Salesforce, Alamo Drafthouse, FatHead, ApartmentGuide.com, Amerisleep, QuickBooks, SelfLender, Study.com, SpareFoot, OneReverseMortgage, Quicken Loans, PingBoard, TradeGecko, PaperMart, KeyPath Education, Crestline, QuoteWizard, Turnkey Vacation Rentals, Brighter Blooms

Memorable Mascots wins Coverage, Links, And Awards Image

Memorable Mascots wins Coverage, Links, And Awards

Another award-winning campaign.

Summary of results: 82 pieces of coverage with 67 links with an average MOZ Domain Authority of 54; The page was shared on social media 666 times.

Earned coverage from Business Insider, AdAge, PR Week, Ad Week and the Hearst newspaper network (including the San Francisco Chronicle, Seattle Post-Intelligencer, and Albany Times-Union).

569% Traffic Increase for Marketplace Image

569% Traffic Increase for Marketplace

We were asked to help increase visibility for a marketplace with content creation and link building.  Building SEO optimized content and digital PR pieces and resource guides, we helped them increase their organic traffic by 569%.

Content Optimization and Traffic Growth to Sign Up Page for Test Prep Site Image

Content Optimization and Traffic Growth to Sign Up Page for Test Prep Site

We provided content strategy and design to optimize a converting landing page that could still attract links. We then promoted the resource to successfully build over 100 links. Organic traffic grew from 600 visits per month to 7500.

Nostalgia and Earned Media for a Promotional Products Company Image

Nostalgia and Earned Media for a Promotional Products Company

This campaign has won numerous awards.

Times-Union).

Digital & Content Marketing for Insurance Initiative Co

"I haven’t seen this quality of work from any other digital marketing agency."

Mar. 2020 - Ongoing

North Star Inbound develops and promotes content to secure backlinks to an insurance initiative company’s website. In addition to keyword planning, they create graphic content and direct outreach initiatives.

Jovan Johnson
Founder, Insurance Initiative Company

North Star Inbound delivered impressive written content that secured a record number of website impressions and improved lead generation. Mitigating project oversight, the team is forthright and timely. A dedicated partner, they exceed expectations for both the quality and quantity of their work.

I’m the founder of an insurance initiative company.

What challenge were you trying to address with North Star Inbound?

I hired North Star Inbound to drive more traffic to my business’s website. I needed to acquire more links to the platform.

North Star Inbound provides SEO and digital marketing services. Their team completed keyword planning, but they focus on building opportunities within my competitive landscape. They create written content and graphics that fit my brand. Their team also performs outreach to acquire links that point to my website.

I’ve communicated with the company lead.

How did you come to work with North Star Inbound?

I received a message from them about four years ago. I had a conversation with them, which I remembered. As I thought about undertaking new initiatives, their company’s name stayed in my mind.

I’ve spent about $15,000 on their services.

We started working together in March 2020, and their work’s ongoing.

I’ve seen an increase in site traffic over the past three weeks. I’m at an all-time high for site impressions and leads are picking up.

They said that they would provide a certain number of articles and work until they attained a certain number of links. However, they've gone far beyond those expectations. Every day I learn about additional work that was done and additional links that were earned on my behalf.

How did North Star Inbound perform from a project management standpoint?

They meet deadlines and their communication’s solid. With this project, I provided a set of goals and gave them room to work. I didn’t want to hold their hands and didn’t require them to keep checking in with me. I received project updates and they asked for my opinions when necessary too.

I’m most impressed by the quality of their writing. I was shocked by the content's depth and their team's thoughtfulness. There isn’t a lot of neutral information published about my niche, but they wrote as experienced professionals in my field. Their team writes with nuance and ties the content into current events. I haven’t seen this quality of work from any other digital marketing agency.

It would’ve been helpful to have more insight into their ideas. Again, I’m shocked at how close they came to the mark given the space they were given to handle the project.

Be open about your business goals. Be specific about what you want and where you sit in your competitive space. Provide business metrics outside of website performance to help them support you.

There wasn’t a problem with meeting deadlines. They communicated when they anticipated that a deadline wouldn’t be met.
    In addition to the quality of their work, they literally overdelivered.
    I’ve never seen work of this quality from a digital marketing agency.
    I plan to use their services wherever my next stop is.

Digital PR for Logo Products Company

“They’ve never pitched a bad idea and it has always been very easy to work with them.”

Oct. 2018 - Ongoing

North Star Inbound developed content and performed outreach for a custom logo products company. They sponsored studies and requested third-party feedback on the company’s products.

Bret Bonnet
Logo Products Company

The project generated traffic and increased brand impressions. North Star Inbound is reliable and can manage their work effectively. Their team is genuine and is dedicated to providing quality work and strengthening their partnership.

I’m the president of a firm that specializes in customization of logo products, like T-shirts, pens, or hats. Anything a customer could want to put their name or logo on, we can help.

What challenge were you trying to address with North Star Inbound?

We needed help with our messaging and outreach. We wanted media mentions and wanted to make our brand stand out in the crowd. There’s a lot of competition in our industry, and we need to build brand recognition.

They did digital outreach for us. They came up with content development ideas that would resonate with our crowd. It all lined up with our brand and what we provide and do . We either sponsored a study or provided a third-party with our products so they could evaluate it. We got in front of thousands of people and then combine that data to try and massage it and use it in unique ways and then pitch it accordingly.

I work directly with Nicole, and I work with 3–4 other people throughout the project.

How did you come to work with North Star Inbound?

We were referred to them by another prominent SEO expert.

We spent between $50,000–$199,999.

We started working together in October 2018 and it’s ongoing.

We’ve seen an increase in traffic. We were focused on brand awareness and impressions, and we’re pleased with the impact they has on that. I’m very satisfied with their work. They operate at an elite level.

How did North Star Inbound perform from a project management standpoint?

They’re self-sufficient. They do a great job and know what they’re doing. They understand our needs and wants and don’t require much direction. They’ve never given us a reason not to trust them. It has been a great. We only have to talk 2–3 hours and a few email a month, which I like. They’ve never pitched a bad idea and it has always been very easy to work with them. They don’t waste time.

Their people. They do the right thing and they’re honest. I think a lot of other agencies charge a lot more and markup what they pay an outsourced team, but I don’t get that vibe from North Star Inbound.

They’re genuine people who care about the client. It feels like they’re a boutique and they don’t treat us just like another client. They always to the right thing. Like in any engagement, we had disagreements, but they’ve shown a lot of character, and it buys a lot of confidence and trust.

There isn’t anything that I think they need to improve.

Set realistic expectations. You have to understand that you’re moving the needle little by little, and results can take awhile.

SEO Services for Apartment Rental Platform

"Communication was one of North Star Inbound's strong points."

Aug. 2018 - Dec. 2019

North Star Inbound provided SEO services to support link acquisition initiatives for a rental website management company. The team analyzed content performance and promoted content to grow the link profile.

Atlanta, Georgia
Manager, Rental Platforms

North Star Inbound produced deliverables that satisfied the project’s requirements. The team created satisfactory reports to industry standards. Their flexibility and accessibility led to a productive partnership.

I’m a manager of a company that runs various different online rental websites.

What challenge were you trying to address with North Star Inbound?

In order to facilitate the acquisition of links, we brought in North Star Inbound, which specializes in link building.

North Star used analysis tools and a link building CMS. They focused on ascertaining what content resonated most with the types of websites that we targeted for link acquisitions. Their team also used best in class platforms for reporting.

We had a point of contact who acted as the project manager.

How did you come to work with North Star Inbound?

A colleague referred us to North Star. I reviewed a dozen different potential agencies and ended up signing with 4–5. When I talked with North Star's team, I understood that they were experienced. They answered most of my questions and addressed my concerns much better than the standard sales representatives from other companies.

We spent between $8,000–$15,000 a month on their services.

We worked with them between August 2018–December 2019.

I clearly articulated what I wanted and North Star Inbound delivered on it. Their team provided exactly what I wanted to see.

How did North Star Inbound perform from a project management standpoint?

They delivered industry-standard reports, which were good.

They hopped on the phone at random times that we threw at them. Communication was one of North Star Inbound's strong points.

They could improve how they present additional offerings. There wasn’t a cohesive or easy way to understand their additional products and services. It would also be interesting to see slightly more advanced reporting. There are agencies, not necessarily in their space, that deliver much more robust levels of reporting.

PR for Promotional Products Company

“The writing is unassailable, fact-rich, and the visuals are beautiful.”

Jan. 2018 - June 2019

North Star Inbound supported link building efforts by creating surveys for a promotional products company. Then they would write articles and pitch them to media outlets. They also did guest posting.

Maine
SEO Marketing Manager, Promotional Products Company

North Star Inbound delivered many high-quality links, which generated a lot of interest. On top of that, they delivered stunning visuals. The team was inventive and created a unique solution. A collaborative partner, they still managed the project effectively with little oversight.

We’re a promotional products company. We’ll put a logo on anything our customers need. I am the search marketing manager.

What challenge were you trying to address with North Star Inbound?

It was for SEO, and to raise our organic traffic.

They had two different strategies. One was a digital PR campaign—they came up with interesting questions and topics that were tangentially related to our business, and then they would create a survey. Then they would disperse that survey to a few thousand people, take the answers, and they would have a unique dataset. From there, they would write an article with rich infographics and pitch it to major media outlets to get us links and traffic. The objective was to improve our site’s domain authority so we would rank organically.

Then they did more classic link building efforts, such as guest posting. They created articles for off-site. They also worked with the existing content on our website that would interest other platforms. Then they connected the dots to get us more links.

They also provided more general SEO advice based on their experience.

At least 3–4 people worked on our project.

How did you come to work with North Star Inbound?

We found them through a referral. We were working with another SEO provider that was working on the technical side of things, and we asked them who would be good for link building. They explained how unique North Star Inbound was and what they do.

We spent $60,000.

The project lasted from January–June 2019.

This project was very cost-effective. We were happy with the number of links we got. We paid them on a per-campaign basis, and they told us that some were going to be very effective, while others weren’t. But the digital PR campaigns did so well, that it drove the overall cost per link way down. They were able to secure some very high-quality links from .edu, and .org sites. We also got a ton of traffic out of it.

There wasn’t a huge increase in sales, but that’s common for campaigns like this. It wasn’t necessarily our goal, but it would have been nice.

How did North Star Inbound perform from a project management standpoint?

They were phenomenal. The projects that they were putting together were pretty elaborate. The communication was always on-point, we didn’t have any issues. We were always a part of the process, but they took care of everything.

I don’t think that anyone else provides what they do. The fact that they get such unique data, and develop a talking point that no one else has, it’s unique. The writing is unassailable, fact-rich, and the visuals are beautiful. They generate a lot of interest, which drives down the cost per link, and that’s what sets them apart.

Honestly, not really.

Be thorough in describing your business, what your goals are, and what you need. They’re very good about interpreting that and giving you the content that will be relevant for your company and your goals.

SEO for EdTech Company

"All of the pages from which North Star Inbound got us links were very relevant to our main focus."

Jan. - May 2019

Working to promote existing content, North Star Inbound provided SEO services. Their work included raising awareness, reaching a larger audience, generating links, and increasing visibility.

Marketing Manager, Education Technology Company

North Star Inbound’s efforts led to an improvement in keyword rankings and an increase in traffic. The team has strong project management skills, communicating effectively, frequently, and openly. They were also proactive, adapting their work to ensure that the strategy delivered ideal results.

I’m the marketing manager of an education technology company that is an online learning platform for students, teachers, homeschoolers, and individuals looking to earn college credit.

What challenge were you trying to address with North Star Inbound?

We hired them to help us with link building outreach efforts to move the needle from SEO organic marketing in terms of traffic and rankings.

We had specific requirements in terms of areas of focus for them as well as what content we wanted them to promote. It was a little different than what their typical relationship with clients is. They’re usually involved in the content creation process.

However, we already had the content, so Nicole (Owner & Lead Strategist) and her team came in and promoted our content to a wider audience. This involved raising the awareness of the content, generating links, and increasing our visibility.

Nicole served as our project manager.

How did you come to work with North Star Inbound?

We vetted a few different SEO vendors. I don’t remember how we came to meet Nicole and North Star Inbound, but I reached out to one of our mutual connections to see if they could vouch for her and her team from an SEO perspective. We then had a few conversations with the team and decided to move forward with them.

We invested between $16,000–$20,000.

We started working with them in Q1 of 2019. We decided to end our relationship with North Star Inbound because we recently hired an in-house SEO team member.

North Star Inbound bills on a pay per performance basis. So, they were delivering monthly reports of the links they generated. On our side, we tracked the keyword rankings for specific spaces and traffic generated, and we saw an increase as a result of their work.

How did North Star Inbound perform from a project management standpoint?

They performed very well. Nicole had calls with our team, giving updates and working through strategy. She did a great job of communicating effectively and often and being very transparent. In the beginning, there was a different focus area that we weren’t having a lot of success with.

So, we hopped on a call, she explained why and gave recommendations on other areas to explore instead. And then we pivoted, using one of those areas, which ended up being a lot more successful. The team’s early communication and transparency allowed for this project to be successful.

I was impressed by the transparency in terms of the quality of the links that they were getting. We got listed on resource pages and all of the pages from which North Star Inbound got us links were very relevant to our main focus. Other SEO vendors get linked from areas that aren’t the best. So, the quality of Nicole’s work stood out to me.

We’re always looking for the biggest bang for our buck. What Nicole charged us was a fair price but if we could get more value, for example through a longer agreement where the cost to go down on our side, proving that it works from an ROI perspective.

Look at North Star Inbound and look at other proposals just to get a good sense of what the value is versus the price. If possible, speak to previous clients and understand what the actual deliverables are.

Overall Score They were really flexible, working within our requirements given that we were different from their other clients.
    It would’ve been ideal to have a high performance from the get-go, but I understand that things take time to ramp up.
    We were very pleased with the results that they produced.

SEO & Digital Marketing for Personal Finance Company

“We chat weekly, and if there are questions in between, they send me a note and I get back to them.”

July 2019 - Ongoing

North Star Inbound supported SEO efforts through link acquisition. This included identifying websites, conducting outreach, and make recommendations to improve content.

Austin, Texas
Jeff Smith
VP of Marketing, Self Financial

The site’s ranking on SERPs has improved significantly. North Star Inbound operated efficiently and communicates regularly. They’re direct and transparent, and their feedback is consistent. As a result, they’ve built a strong engagement.

I’m the VP of marketing for Self Financial. We’re in the personal finance space. We help people build credit and save money.

What challenge were you trying to address with North Star Inbound?

We hired them for link acquisition. We have very specific goals we wanted to achieve regarding SEO.

They consulted on the content we were trying to get links for. They recommended some improvements that might make it more effective, both for them to acquire the links through outreach, but also for general usability of the page. Beyond that, the bulk of their effort was around identifying appropriate websites to acquire the links from and conducting outreach on our behalf.

I primarily work with Nicole (CEO) and at least one other person has worked on the project.

How did you come to work with North Star Inbound?

I know the CEO of the agency and previously worked with them when I was working with another company on a similar project.

We’ve roughly spent $40,000.

We started in July 2019 and it’s ongoing.

We’re tracking the number of links they’re acquiring and the quality of those links, but also how our focus page is moving on SERPs. We’ve gone from the fifth page to either the bottom of the first page or top of the second page.

How did North Star Inbound perform from a project management standpoint?

From an operational standpoint, they’re always good. Feedback and reporting is consistent. We chat weekly, and if there are questions in between, they send me a note and I get back to them. From that standpoint, it’s been very smooth.

First, they’ve achieved the result we want. Second, their directness and transparent communication helped us improve our content. Those things go hand in hand and we’re seeing the benefits on that.

When it comes to other services that we aren’t using, I’d appreciate it if they clearly outlined how they could help us.

Make sure you’re clear on what you’re trying to achieve while keeping an open mind to the recommendations they give you. Be as direct and transparent as you can be with them as well. If you hold back, it’s more difficult for them to perform at the level you want.

Link Building for SEO Company

"I’m impressed by their service and the quality of the links that they’ve been able to build for us."

Apr. 2017 - Ongoing

North Star Inbound provides ongoing white hat link building and outreach services.

New Braunfels, Texas
Ben Pfeiffer
President, RankSmart Search Marketing

North Star Inbound’s efforts have resulted in an increase in both organic traffic and sales. A communicative and responsive team, their project management skills are outstanding. In addition to being adaptable, they are a trustworthy partner who’s committed to the success of the internal team.

I’m the president and founder of RankSmart Search Marketing, and I primarily serve as the SEO lead for all of our clients.

What challenge were you trying to address with North Star Inbound?

We hired them for white hat link building and outreach.

The team provides resource links and link building outreach services.

We’ve been in contact with Nicole (Owner & Lead Strategist).

How did you come to work with North Star Inbound?

I found them organically because they’re located here in Austin. I looked at their business profile and, having experience working with link builders for a long time, we knew what we were looking for — a high-quality vendor who was reasonably-priced. So, I contacted North Star Inbound.

They had traditionally worked with larger companies, but we were looking to engage them for smaller projects. I met with Nicole for lunch and was impressed with her depth of knowledge and insight into the industry.

So far, we’ve spent over $200,000.

Our engagement began in Q1 of 2017 and we’re still working with them.

The direct benefit of their work has been an increase in organic traffic, as well as an increase in sales. It’s an upfront investment with a hopeful payout from the direct benefit from the links, which we’ve seen consistently.

As I mentioned, I’ve worked with a lot of link builders, but North Star Inbound definitely stands out as one of our top vendors.

How did North Star Inbound perform from a project management standpoint?

Their project management has been stellar. The team constantly updates us on the links we’ve acquired and allows us to provide them with feedback. Occasionally, their campaigns are a little slow to ramp up, which can be a little frustrating, especially when we don’t know why that is.

But it takes a lot of work to do projects like this. North Star Inbound always lets us know when an outcome we want isn’t possible. Our campaigns have adapted quite a bit since we started working with them.

They are a company that you can trust and has your best interests at heart. Their mentality is “If they do well, we do well.” The team listens to our feedback and needs, adapting the campaign towards that as best as they can. They also adapt to changing algorithms and changing times, which is why we keep coming back to them.

I’m impressed by their service and the quality of links that they’ve been able to build for us. It’s been a good partnership. Nicole is very capable of listening to the clients’ needs and developing strategies and ideas around them, which is something a lot of link building companies don’t do.

We’ve seen an uptick in cost, which we’re not a big fan of. Additionally, sometimes they’re really consistent and other times we just don’t hear from them. So, they could be a little more consistent. It would also be useful for them to report potential outcomes.

The team could also assist more with strategy, which we’ve been doing ourselves. Otherwise, our experience has been really good.

Come up with a list of specific goals and strategies. Then, relay that information to North Star Inbound so they can tell you what is and isn’t possible. The team will be honest with you. Go into the partnership with appropriate expectations; don’t expect this to be a cure-all for all of your SEO problems.

Additionally, know that white hat link building is expensive and takes time. So, expect six months to a year to see the full benefit. If you’re looking for something quick and cheap, you might want to look elsewhere.

Overall Score It has been good.
    Sometimes the tasks take longer since there’s a lot of unpredictability in doing outreach. This is more to do with the industry than them.
    I am very likely to recommend them.

Content Marketing for Construction Rental Company

"Since the beginning, they’ve felt like part of our team."

Feb. 2017 - Ongoing

North Star Inbound manages content marketing initiatives to enhance SEO campaigns for a construction rental company. They direct backlinking efforts by creating and promoting content to improve site visibility.

Digital Marketing Director, Construction Rental Company

North Star Inbound executed effective content marketing and link building initiatives that facilitate continued growth in site traffic and the number of leads generated. The team produces deliverables promptly. They are reliable, which limits oversight and enables a long-term partnership.

I’m on the marketing team of a company that provides construction equipment rentals to businesses in the construction industry mainly.

What challenge were you trying to address with North Star Inbound?

I hired North Star Inbound to promote our website. When I joined the company, there wasn’t an SEO strategy in place. I needed help with off-site SEO initiatives to market the website.

North Star Inbound helps us with our content marketing and link-building efforts. We work together to create content that's on topic. Their team provides content to publish on our website and then promote to get backlinks to the site. They started their initiative focusing on resource links but expanded from there. We sponsor organizations around the web, so their team also supports our sponsorship promotions.

When we started, we worked with a small team that has since grown.

How did you come to work with North Star Inbound?

I came across one of their ads on a social media platform. I decided to call and spoke with Nicole (Owner and Lead Strategist).

Since 2017, we spent around $800,000 with North Start Inbound.

We started working together around January 2017 and we’re still working together.

Lead generation from our SEO channel has grown year over year. As well, our traffic has grown between 130-150% year over year. We’re growing our referring domains and backlinks too. SEO has been one of the major factors in the success of the company, converting the bottom of the funnel to sales.

How did North Star Inbound perform from a project management standpoint?

We have a call scheduled bi-weekly or monthly depending on the project. When we plan content, calls are more frequent. There aren’t any delays with their work. Their reports are sent on time. It’s always personal. I’ve never had to push back any schedules.

I’ve worked with many providers, but I haven’t felt as close to them as I do with North Star Inbound. I've spoken with the same people throughout our partnership. Since the beginning, they’ve felt like part of our team. I trust them to do the right thing for our business, so there isn’t any micromanagement. No one from their team tries to sell us more like other companies.

There’s always room for improvement but everything works just fine. I’m happy with their service.

Don’t hesitate to call them. Talk to Nicole. Don’t be afraid of the cost because it’s not just about that. It’s also about the relationship.

There might’ve some delays here and there that don’t relate to them.
    One of the reasons we stay with them is their flexibility with pricing.

Content Marketing for Self-Storage Marketplace

"The caliber of work the team delivered exceeded that of other agencies we’ve engaged with in the past."

July 2017 - Apr. 2019

A self-storage provider hired North Star Inbound for their digital marketing services. The team focused specifically on content creation and promotion, as well as SEO initiatives.

Austin, Texas
Matthew Schexnayder
Former SEO Manager, Storage Company

Though they could benefit from diversifying their SEO expertise, stakeholders were overall pleased with North Star Inbound’s efforts. The team met their monthly goals in terms of metrics and deadlines, and they were communicative and personable along the way.

Currently, I’m the SEO manager for a car and home insurance provider.

However, during my engagement with North Star Inbound, I worked for a self-storage marketplace.

What challenge were you trying to address with North Star Inbound?

We were looking for a partner to help us specifically with content marketing and link-building services.

North Star Inbound provided support on several different fronts. The team’s work entailed content creation and promotion, with a focus on the latter. They pitched work representing the brand to journalists, bloggers, and other channels to increase awareness as well as the impact of our SEO efforts.

We worked directly with Nicole (Owner & Lead Strategist, North Star Inbound). There was a team of about two or three other people supporting her.

How did you come to work with North Star Inbound?

They were recommended to me by one of my local contacts.

We spent about $120,000 throughout our partnership.

We began working with North Star Inbound in July 2017. As of my departure in April 2019, the engagement was ongoing.

We tracked the number of users who visited our site via the content North Star Inbound promoted, as well as SEO performance. Throughout our engagement, both of those metrics grew, which we attributed to the team’s efforts.

How did North Star Inbound perform from a project management standpoint?

The team was very organized. We exchanged monthly updates over email to stay in touch about progress and next steps. Around once a month or so, we communicated over the phone for further check-ins. We also used those meetings to explore new directions for the project and offer feedback on completed tasks.

North Star Inbound is a small company, which allowed us to have a very direct, close relationship with the team. They were able to offer us a personalized experience.

I think they could be a little more savvy in terms of their SEO campaigns. They’re very skilled in their area of focus of content creation and promotion, but they might be more successful if they expanded beyond that. They could explore integrating engagement metrics or ways to directly tie their efforts into the bigger picture of SEO performance.

Set your expectations upfront, so you’re both aligned on what KPIs you’ll be measuring and what outcomes you’re looking for. Challenge them to create content and focus on promotion that will directly improve your brand’s performance and visibility.

Overall Score The results were just what we wanted.
    They hit each of our deadlines.
    They’re in line with going rates, but we often had to negotiate our monthly payment structure to keep it where we wanted.
    We set somewhat arbitrary monthly goals, and throughout our entire engagement with them, they never failed to meet them.
    They did everything we asked and were a great partner to work with.