Strategy, Branding and Design

We are a women-led lifestyle branding agency that helps companies make noise by crafting bold brand strategy and design that ignites rapid growth.

At Noise 13, we’ve never done the expected. We’re a women-led agency that’s grown by being bold, taking risks, and staying true to who we are.

Some might find our name unlucky. But for us, it represents fearlessness and the desire to never blend in. And, in our opinion, that’s a pretty lucky place to be. We hire Swiss Army knife talent and work across industries so we can stay on our toes and bring surprising perspectives to our clients. And, we’ve built a few brands of our own, so we truly understand what it’s like to create something new.

Like us, our clients are making noise, shaking up their own industries with a different, better approach. We closely collaborate with them to craft bold brand strategy and design that grabs peoples’ attention, builds genuine brand loyalty, and enables rapid growth.

You can choose the status quo or you can choose to make noise. For us, the choice has always been obvious.

N13. Make Noise.

2000
San Francisco, CA
  • Noise 13
    1616 16th Street Suite #370
    San Francisco, CA 94103

Tile, Pacific Catch, World Wrapps, PG&E, Planet, Uber, Good Food Awards, Eat Drink SF (GGRA), SF Design Center, Twitter, Anova, Sysdig, Paso Robles Wine Country Alliance, Swing Left, SHN, Sipsong Spirits, Makers Market, Dovana Delights, Faraday Bikes, Spare the Air, In/Visible Talks

Branding and Design for Hospitality Nonprofit

"Noise 13 is very understanding and works within our constraints."

Aug. 2016 - Ongoing

Noise 13 has designed print and digital banners, posters and brochures, and the UI/UX of a website. They worked successfully within tight budget restraints.

Paso Robles, California
Jennifer Porter
Executive Director, Paso Robles Wine Country

The website has been nominated for a Webby Award, and the events have all attracted large numbers of attendees. Noise 13 adapts their strategy to suit the organization’s needs and budget. Although the team fluctuates more than preferred, each member is talented, communicative, and transparent.

I’m the executive director of the Paso Robles Wine Country Alliance, a nonprofit trade association for the wineries and hospitality businesses in Paso Robles, California.

What challenge were you trying to address with Noise 13?

We let our last agency go without acquiring a new partner and needed to find an agency to help with branding and design.

We originally hired them for the user experience and design of our new website, branding banners, and advertising and print collateral. They produce artwork like posters, rack cards, brochures, and digital banner ads.

We weren’t unhappy with our branding, but they knew we weren’t looking for its polar opposite. We wanted them to tweak what we had to bring it to the next level.

As a nonprofit, we don’t have unlimited resources. None of us are in love with our logo, but it’s everywhere in Paso Wine Country. To completely change it, we would need to replace signage at hundreds of establishments, which is cost prohibitive. Noise 13 is very understanding and works within our constraints.

My main point of contact has changed quite a few times. We deal with three different account executives. Their CCO is always our main contact.

How did you come to work with Noise 13?

They were a recommendation.

We've invested $100,000.

We started working together in August 2016 and the work is ongoing.

Our website was nominated for a Webby Award. Our web traffic is up and our events are selling well.

How did Noise 13 perform from a project management standpoint?

In terms of budget, they’re probably the best agency we’ve worked with. Their billing is really transparent. They estimate based on the number of hours, so it’s clear whether they’re tracking over or under.

As a nonprofit, we’re sensitive to prices. They did creative from scratch for our 2017 events. In 2018, they said they could deliver everything new, but could also just change the photo and the date for a more realistic cost. They’re cool about working with our limited budget.

For communication, if we’re in the middle of a project, we use Mavenlink. Otherwise, we use email. We talk to them at each project kickoff, but don’t speak on the phone often. When we built the website, we talked on the phone quite often so they could present page designs. Now the work is far less complicated.

They’re flexible, which is what someone told me when I called for references. Their billing is straightforward. They’re easy to work with, with no drama and no attitude. It’s pretty pleasant.

We’ve been assigned several account managers per project, which has been fine, just lacking in consistency. That said, it is a small team, so everyone seems to be in the loop on our account.

Be clear about who’s working on your business. If it’s project-based like ours, find out if you’ll have the same person working on everything or if it will depend on who has time. That would have been helpful for me to know going in. It’s worked out fine and hasn’t been a problem because they have a small team, but it would have been nice to know who my go-to people were.

Branding for an Apothecary

“The look and feel of my brand, my logo, and labels all look amazing.”

2013 - 2014

Noise 13 worked on branding for a new apothecary shop, focusing on the logos, graphics, colors, and overall look and feel of the brand.

Sherri Ziesche
Owner, Ziesche Modern Apothecary

The company’s rebrand has been extremely well received, with positive feedback from customers, designers, and other brands. The team is talented, dedicated, and able too clearly understand their client’s requirements.

I’m the founder of Ziesche Modern Apothecary. We sell bath, body, and personal care products.

What challenge were you trying to address with Noise 13?

We needed help with branding and design as well as the overall look and feel of the brand. I had a prior name for the company but it became too popular so we’d had a bit of a rebrand.

They took care of all the logos and labels, graphics, colors, fonts, and the whole look and feel. They helped with all the branding and all the things required for social media, such as badges and widgets.

How did you come to work with Noise 13?

I’d worked with Dava (Chief Creative Officer & Founder, Noise 13) before, so when I was ready to launch this brand I went to her to set up all of our logos and labels.

I invested between $10,000–$50,000.

We worked with them from 2013–2014.

Everyone that sees the look and feel of the brand, loves it. I get nothing but positive feedback from all kinds of people, other brands, designers, or whoever.

How did Noise 13 perform from a project management standpoint?

They were excellent—there were no problems, and communication was easy. We most often communicated through email, and sometimes phone calls.

They’re really consistent in knowing their clients and what they’re looking for. The team is really good.

No. I would use them again. I would never think of using anyone else. The look and feel of my brand, my logo, and labels all look amazing.

They’ve always been so wonderful to work with. They’re very approachable, informative, and super easy to work with. They’re excellent when it comes to design.

There were never any problems.
    I’m completely satisfied.
    I recommend them all the time.

Logo and Branding for Candy line

"[Noise 13] took our ideas and came up with a high-quality, amazing product."

Feb. 2017 - Ongoing

Noise 13 led a naming and branding project for a candy company. Key features include a logo, color palette, and modular packaging design. They continue to support the rollout of new products.

AJ da Cunha
Founder, Dovana

The sophisticated design has been well-received and attracted new business opportunities. Communicating clearly from the start, Noise 13’s expert team inspired confidence throughout the project. The team’s quality deliverables resulted in the continuation of their role.

I’m the founder of Dovana, a family company that makes cannabis-infused caramels.

What challenge were you trying to address with Noise 13?

I needed to build a brand for this new product. I have a candy business that’s non-cannabis, but wanted to have a completely separate brand to take the cannabis product to market. I didn’t have any experience with branding and marketing so I needed to find an agency to lead the process.

They started with an exercise around naming. Noise 13 led a session with me and my wife to learn about our business and our background. We landed on the word Dovana. Based on the name, they created a logo, brand design, and everything else related to the aesthetic perspective. Instead of just creating packaging for the specific caramel product, they created a system that I can modify or add different product SKUs in the future. They also created a landing page for the caramels’ online presence.

Kate (director of business & innovation, Noise 13) was the lead designer on the project. She led a team of four.

How did you come to work with Noise 13?

I ran into their founder at an event. After talking, we realized we’d worked together in the past but never met in person.

I spent somewhere in the range of $50,000.

We started working together in February 2017 and the engagement is ongoing.

I’ve heard from so many people that the caramels have an amazing design perspective. I’m actually getting calls from distributors—including high-end boutique outlets in San Francisco—who want to carry my product. They’ve reached out to me just based on the design.

How did Noise 13 perform from a project management standpoint?

I’ve never been on this side of the business, and I really appreciated that the project manager led me through each step of the process. Kate was very clear on the expectations and the outcomes and guided me through the creative process. We used an online project management tool to track everything. We also emailed and had calls at key decision points, such as when we needed to review the color palette.

We came to Noise 13 with a vision for a high-end and artisanal product. I didn’t know what they were going to come up with, but they met or exceeded all of my expectations. They took our ideas and came up with a high-quality, amazing product.

This was my first experience going through a creative project, but I can’t think of anything. The entire experience was great.

Tell them your vision. Let them guide you through the creative process instead of trying to direct the action. Just let them do their thing.

Overall Score I’m extremely impressed with the team, process, and outcome.
    They hit most deadlines. A few slipped around the holidays, but that’s understandable.
    The cost was a bit high, but I can’t put a number on what it’s going to do for my business.
    Everything they delivered was very high-quality.
    I have already recommended them.

Branding for Software Startup

"The visual language they've created has allowed us a platform to create design work."

Jun. 2017 - Ongoing

Noise 13 assisted in the development of a company's brand strategy and system refresh, as well as their messaging, website UX/UI, icon, and illustration systems.

Graphic Designer, Software Startup

Noise 13 helped create a brand for a company that hadn’t given it much thought, resulting in increased views and conversion to the business. Timely project management, budget awareness, and honest communication made for an overall positive engagement.

I'm a graphic designer at a software startup.

What challenges were you trying to address with Noise 13?

We were becoming a multiplatform software company and needed rebranding.

Noise 13 helped us with the marketing strategy. They created a collection of research and devised a strategy document to give our brand future direction. They then implemented the brand strategy, which involved everything from color, font, photography, and completely reworking the website to create a new visual level.

I worked with a creative director and the founder, as well as with designers and project managers.

How did you come to work with Noise 13?

I found them online after doing some searching and looking at a lot of different companies.

We spent between $280,000–$300,000.

The project began in June 2017 and is ongoing.

The visual language they've created has allowed us a platform to create design work. The internal messaging strategy they designed has created new work as well. We've also seen views and conversion rates go up.

How did Noise 13 perform from a project management standpoint?

The project management has gone very well. Everything has been on time and within budget. We communicate via phone, email, and a project management tool, as well as in person.

They have honest communication.

I have no suggestions for improvement.

They're great business partners. Have faith in them because they give professional insight.