Enabling Entrepreneurship

Nimbl isn’t just another small CPA firm. We’re a leading pioneer in the disruption of an age-old industry. We understand just how valuable time, money, a little peace of mind can be for a business. We are taking an industry, typically 20 years behind technology, and introducing systems and processes that bring it to the forefront of innovation.

Nimbl's mission is to enable entrepreneurship by giving business owners affordable access to scalable accounting services and accurate financial data for decision making. We are the accounting department for organizations from startup to approximately $10 Million in revenue.

Nimbl provides a number of services all geared toward helping business owners have the money, time, and access to accounting expertise they need to run a successful business including.

-Accounting Automation

Salt Lake City, UT
  • 299 S. Main St., Suite 1300 PMB 90424
    Salt Lake City, UT 84111

Bookkeeping & Accounting for Marketing Company

"The way they make everything so simple for me and their cost are the best parts of their service."

Dec. 2017 - Ongoing

Nimbl provides bookkeeping and accounting support for a marketing company, along with other organizations. They handle the tax preparations and QuickBooks accounts for the businesses on a monthly basis.

Mesa, Arizona
Preston Smith
Owner, Ninja Sauce

The ongoing support has alleviated the time previously spent preparing for tax season and ensures everything is completed accurately and on schedule. Nimbl is dedicated and organized, managing multiple tasks as needed. Their price point and clarity stand out.

I’m the CMO of a marketing company. We’re a smaller operation.

What challenge were you trying to address with Nimbl?

We hired them to handle the accounting side of my business, to minimize my risk and maximize my opportunity. I use them for several of my businesses.

Basically, I granted them access to my books through QuickBooks. They went in and helped me clean everything up, initially. From there, they set up a process to break down all of my expenses for the different companies into different compartments where I could track them to the individual business. We now run that on a monthly basis so it runs smoothly around tax season.

I have an account manager and a bookkeeper who handles the day-to-day accounting needs. Two people are really my main points of contact, but occasionally I speak with one of the co-founders.

How did you come to work with Nimbl?

I knew I wanted someone who could run my accounting on a monthly or weekly basis. When I met Dave (Founder & CEO), he explained his services and it made a lot of sense since it mirrors what I do on the marketing side of the business. I didn’t consider anyone else; I had a lot of respect for Dave, the price made sense, and the consideration process was really quick.

They offered exactly what I was looking for. I didn’t know it was a possibility at their price point, so it was a no-brainer to work with them.

I pay them around $8,000–$9,000 per year. I also pay them to do my taxes now, too.

We started working together in September 2017 and our engagement is ongoing.

Before using their services, I used to have to do a year’s worth of accounting come tax season to separate all of the organizations in terms of expenses and income, which was terrible. I was spending three months of the year, several hours a day, preparing for tax season. Now, at the end of the year, it’s easy to transition over into the tax side of things and they know everything about my taxes and put it together for me.

I now have monthly reports about all of my businesses that I can go and make decisions with, in terms of growth for my businesses. I’m also no longer spending my time doing those tasks on a daily basis since they handle almost all of it for me. It’s an ideal situation. They’ve delivered on their promises.

How did Nimbl perform from a project management standpoint?

Initially, we communicated quite often because there were a lot of questions. Now, I’m in contact with them around once a month. Every week I put things they’re not clear on into the right category, but other than that I don’t need to do anything like that and I prefer it that way. They do a good job of making sure all the assets are in the right places.

No, I don’t think so — they’re great.

Trust their process. They know what they’re doing; they’ve been doing it for a long time. They know how to simplify accounting for small businesses in a way that makes it easy and efficient for you.

Overall Score It’s been a great experience. I didn’t know it was a possibility at their price point, so it was a no-brainer to work with them.
    If anything, I’m the one holding up the process on occasion. They do a fantastic job meeting deadlines.
    They’ve really changed the accounting side of multiple of my businesses.
    I’ve referred them to many people.

Financial Consulting & Accounting for Digital Agency

“I was impressed by the way Nimbl integrates technology into their process.”

Dec. 2019 - Ongoing

Nimbl provided financial consulting and accounting services for a digital agency. The team performed an audit of the client’s current system and developed a strategy based on their challenges.

Lehi, Utah
CEO, Avalaunch Media

The engagement has saved time for the client, improving and updating their internal processes. Nimbl establishes a smooth workflow, successfully incorporating technological advancements into outdated systems. The team is knowledgeable, experienced, and hard-working.

I am one of the founders of Avalaunch Media, a digital agency.

What challenge were you trying to address with Nimbl?

We were looking to advance how we handled our finances.

Nimbl provided financial consulting and accounting services for us. They provide CFO level advice but also help us with basic processes, such as payroll, taxes, and more. The team has been able to upgrade a lot of our old manual processes and incorporate technology into our system.

They started by assessing what we were doing, looking through our books and processes. We talked through the challenges we were facing with them. From there they provided us financial consulting and helped with the upkeep of the business.

We work with two members of the Nimbl team.

How did you come to work with Nimbl?

We recieved a referral for Nimbl from another consultant that we work with.

We invested a few thousand dollars a month.

Our ongoing engagement with Nimbl began in December 2019.

The engagement has been a huge timesaver for us. As a business owner, I’ve gotten better insight into our financials, which has helped us make more effective decisions. They have the exact expertise we needed.

How did Nimbl perform from a project management standpoint?

We communicate with Nimbl on a monthly basis, sometimes more regularly when necessary. The general cadence is monthly.

There are a lot of ways to go about accounting, and it’s sometimes viewed as old school and time confusing. I was impressed by the way Nimbl integrates technology into their process. They solve problems quickly and effectively.

No, we’ve been working with them for an extended period of time and everything’s been pretty smooth.