Mobile Design and Development Studio

Nickelfox is the one-stop destination for your mobile app. We strategize, design and develop your app to build it just like you imagined it... actually, even better! Our designs are stunning and stand out with the best modern apps on the appstore. We work on the latest and greatest in technology to keep you ahead of the curve. We build user-friendly, fast and scalable apps for startups, small business, enterprise and non-profits.

Noida, India

General Electric Aviation, New York Times, Generali, ITC, ScopeWorker, Inito, MyGov, LilyApp, Kora Network
UI/UX: Client - GE Aviation Image

UI/UX: Client - GE Aviation

We created Typography, Design Language & User Experience for GE Aviation Website.

Siemens Branding: Client - NewYorkTimes Image

Siemens Branding: Client - NewYorkTimes

Nickelfox did Video Motion Branding of Siemens Promotion for NewYork Times

Inito Fertility Monitor & Ovulation Tracker Image

Inito Fertility Monitor & Ovulation Tracker

Inito collaborated with us to produce Inito Mobile App connected to Inito Device, users can find upto 6 fertile days every cycle by measuring fertility hormones.

We delivered iOS and Android App Development & UI/UX Design

MyGov - A Digital India Initiative Image

MyGov - A Digital India Initiative

We created MyGov - Mobile App, a Citizen Engagement platform founded by the Government of India under Digital India initiative to promote the active participation of citizens in governance and development.

Lily -  A personalised mobile chat-bot Image

Lily - A personalised mobile chat-bot

Lily collaborated with us to create Mobile App based solution. Lily Mobile Chat-bot App let women discover & buy clothes according to their emotions and perceptions about their own body.

Taste - Dine Wisely Image

Taste - Dine Wisely

The Taste App - is a recommendation platform powered by users financial data. Users can Link their card and discover restaurants that match users personal dining profile.

Kora Network Image

Kora Network

Kora Network - An infrastructure for financial systems connecting people, communities, and capital. We did Branding, Created Blockchain based Mobile App & Website for them.

Spoonjoy Image

Spoonjoy

SpoonJoy, A food ordering app. A user can place online order for lunch, dinner and other meals from daily updating menu with order tracking and payment options. App also allows subscription model.

AI-Based Platform Dev for Recruitment Company

"The technical knowledge and execution of the team are commendable."

Oct. 2018 - Ongoing

Nickelfox designed and developed a recruitment solution built on a machine learning model to intelligently match profiles. It involved iOS & Android apps, a website, and administration panels.

New Delhi, India
Founder & CEO, Recruitment Platform

The launched platform has received positive feedback from both candidates and companies. Stakeholders were able to close 15% more contracts with companies than expected. They maintained a seamless, agile project management style, aided by regular Scrum meetings.

We are a Hiring Platform for candidates and employers. We empower candidates to apply for their dream jobs with a VideoCV. Video calling, interview scheduling, and candidate tracking tools for employers.

AI-based candidate & Job Profile matching. With seamless dashboard for employers and their teams with analytics and stats. I am the founder and CEO of the company.

For what projects/services did your company hire Nickelfox?

Hiring good employees is always a difficult and lengthy process. Taking too much time in shortlisting resumes of sometimes 100s of candidates. Also creating a good CV which stands out also is a monumental task for candidates. We started out to solve this fundamental problem with the recruitment process. We wanted to create a smart hiring platform making the recruiting process simpler for both employees and employers. We wanted to partner with a development agency to build our platform, the first one in our suite of tests.

The project entailed development of a platform with multiple user types who are creating & interacting with video content. The platform included, iOS & Android Apps, Responsive Website, Multiple Admin Panels and core Machine learning model for intelligent profile matching. Scope also included creating UI & UX for a seamless user experience across a wide range of audience.

We got connected through a reference from one of my friends. After interviewing the core team we were convinced of their capabilities to handle the technology challenge with working with high volume of streaming video content.

We had the initial requirement for the project laid out. The team at Nickelfox help us map out the product phases. They also did the technical feasibility of the phases, according to our release timelines. After the scope detailing, they delivered a seamless MVP as planned. The were also expected to deliver the Wireframes and the design language for the entire platform. After wire-framing the development started simultaneously for web, mobile and backend.

They have an agile software development process for our project. The team had one Product Manger, a team of 7 developers & designers and 1 Tester. Initially the had 5 Developers & Designers. Later to speed up the development they added 2 more developers.

Results were great from the launch, we got many satisfied candidates and companies. As we were starting the product, we were able close long term contracts with many companies, almost 15% more than our initial projections.

The project management was great, the regular SCRUM meetings helped a lot in streamlining the over all development. For project management we used Asana, Slack was the main communication tool. Github for code reviews.

The technical knowledge and execution of the team are commendable.

They could get a bigger office.

Overall Score Great. Very happy with ongoing work.
    Delivered in time as promised.
    Initially it seemed as we are hiring a costly team, but the performance and hassle free development justified the cost.
    Work quality is really admirable.
    Strongly recommended. Will willingly refer Nickelfox because of their professionalism and teams technical knowledge.

iOS App Dev for Restaurant Recommendation Platform

“Despite some ambiguities in the scope of work, they were able to stick to their original estimates.”

Jan. - July 2018

Nickelfox designed and developed an iOS app, incorporating some previously developed code and designs, integrating APIs and CI tools as needed.

VP of Engineering, Taste

Nickelfox developed a high-quality app, effectively integrating all required APIs and features within their original estimate and set timelines. Their full-service capabilities and reasonable rates set them apart from others. They were also flexible and responsive throughout the project.

I'm the VP of engineering at Taste, a startup company and network that helps people find the best restaurant recommendations.

What challenge were you trying to address with Nickelfox?

For the size of our company, it wasn't feasible to take on larger development projects in-house, so we engaged Nickelfox to help build our iOS app.

Nickelfox developed an iOS app, working off of some initial wireframes and preliminary code provided. After an initial assessment, they were able to determine how much of our preexisting code was usable and refactor it into the app. They incorporated Google Cloud and used Python and Swift 3.

They also supported the necessary design pieces of the app, as well as the web-based platform, integrating APIs and CI tools as needed.

We primarily worked with just two people.

How did you come to work with Nickelfox?

I had heard of them earlier on in my career, so I was already familiar with their work before we had a need for their services. Once we met with them, they seemed to quickly understand our vision and what stack to use to successfully deliver it.

We spent about $30,000.

We worked together from around January–July 2018.

Nickelfox successfully launched our concept to market within specifications. Although we haven't done any marketing yet, a few hundred people have already downloaded and started using the app.

We're very happy with the way it turned out internally, and the fact that they were able to deliver it within our set timeline. Despite some ambiguities in the scope of work, they were able to stick to their original estimates.

How did Nickelfox perform from a project management standpoint?

Although I handled most of the project management myself, their team did a very good job of conforming to timelines and being responsive through our communications tool of choice, Pivotal Tracker.

Nickelfox's ability to provide full services sets them apart. When we had unexpected design changes come up, they were capable of supporting our needs so we didn't have to hire another vendor. It can be difficult to find a firm proficient in both the design and development side of things.

I can't think of anything; they delivered on exactly what we asked of them.

Overall Score I had a good experience and I anticipate working with them again.
    Every deadline was met and they were communicative throughout the project.
    For the quality of work they provided, it's hard to find another vendor that could compete.
    They were able to utilize modern technologies and deliver a high-quality product on time.
    I've already recommended them to others.

Website & MVP App Dev for Blockchain Infrastructure

“I’ve worked with at least 10 similar service providers, but Nickelfox has been the best agency by far.”

Nickelfox created a website and landing page from scratch, adding 3D animated graphics and translating the site into four languages. Additionally, they developed an MVP for an iOS app within a month.

CMO, Computer Software Company

The completed site boasts a 60% retention rate thanks to Nickelfox’s appealing design and accessible navigation. Besides their technical strengths, the team has demonstrated exceptional project management. They adapt well to ambiguous timelines and go beyond expectations to produce quality work.

I’m the CMO of a computer software company. We’ve created a blockchain-based infrastructure within the African market. With our ecosystem, users can securely make payments, transfers, and investments with other partners in our network.

What challenge were you trying to address with Nickelfox?

We needed resources to build a website and a landing page for our initial coin offering (ICO) campaign. We also wanted an MVP for our iOS app.

Initially, they created a website and landing page for us, developing the concept design, building the wireframes, and implementing them. They also created 3D animations for the site and had our content translated into four languages: Korean, Russian, Japanese, and Mandarin. As for the iOS app, they developed it based on our technical specs and delivered an MVP in about three weeks.

We’ve worked exclusively with their lead designer, but he also manages our account and serves as a liaison with the development team.

How did you come to work with Nickelfox?

We found them online through Dribbble. At the time, we were eager to push things forward, so we needed a vendor that could be flexible with our schedules and budget constraints. Out of all the other agencies, Nickelfox seemed the most accommodating.

We’ve spent between $45,000–$50,000 thus far.

Their work started in January 2018 and is ongoing. While they’ve completed the site and MVP, we’ve continued to keep them on retainer for future development.

Our site has about a 60% retention rate, which is very high for an ICO page within our industry. While a lot of that has to do with marketing and content, we also attribute it to their web design and layout. The site is easy to use, and the translated pages helped us target our key markets.

How did Nickelfox perform from a project management standpoint?

I’ve worked with at least 10 similar service providers, but Nickelfox has been the best agency by far. They’re extremely flexible with our schedules, accommodating any changes while still meeting deadlines. We faced some challenges due to time differences, but they went the extra mile to overcome them. On some nights, they even worked after business hours to ensure timely delivery.

It’s been an ideal experience. Aside from their cost-efficiency, what makes them such a strong vendor is the fact that they care about the client’s work. If they didn’t, they wouldn’t take the project. Furthermore, I appreciate that they’ve assigned a dedicated point of contact to handle all of our needs. Rather than sorting out logistics with multiple individuals, we’re able to go directly to our account manager with any inquiry.

I would rate them higher if I could.
    Everything they’ve delivered has been almost flawless. If there were any bugs, they would fix them within a day.
    I'll likely use them again for other projects.

App & Web Dev for Time-Lapse Production Company

"They delivered more than what I asked for."

Jan. 2017 - Ongoing

Nickelfox developed an Android and iOS app and revamped a website to better showcase the product offering to clients and other third-party entities. They provide ongoing maintenance and development work.

Gurgaon, Haryana, India
Anuj Nigam
Founder, Timestance

Nickelfox’s work with the app has boosted business since it’s easier to share information and serves as a portfolio. The website is also more striking and professional than before. Their understanding of project needs and seamless execution instills the confidence that they can handle all IT needs.

I’m the founder of Timestance, a company that provides time-lapse photography and video production.

What challenge were you trying to address with Nickelfox?

We wanted to create an app for presenting our work to clients as well as to promote our services. We also needed a partner to manage our website and generate more inquiries for us.

Nickelfox built my Android and iOS apps and continues to update them. They also provide maintenance for my website. I’m not tech savvy, so I entrusted all IT matters to them.

I’m currently working with their founder, who handles all issues and sends me reports.

How did you come to work with Nickelfox?

I got in touch with about three groups and chose Nickelfox because of their complete service offering, which included website management and web and app development. They had solutions for all my problems.

I’ve spent around $20,000 so far across all the work.

We started working with Nickelfox in January or February 2017. While the Android app’s development ended six months later, the iOS version is still being built. They also provide ongoing maintenance and development for the website.

Before hiring Nickelfox, we were only focusing on time-lapse production and weren’t doing much to present our work, which was an issue. Once the Android app was completed, I shared it with my clients, making it easier for them to present our work to third-party individuals. We’ve gained more clients as a result.

Moreover, they completely transformed my website. It was just a blog when I handed it over to them; they completely rebranded it and updated the whole website. It has really helped me garner more business and presents our work both beautifully and professionally.

They delivered more than what I asked for. I didn’t have a good idea of how the Android app should work, but they made it into an easy-to-use product that’s helped me a lot. I had a lot of things planned for the site, and they not only understood my ideas but implemented them beautifully.

App Development for Food Manufacturing Conglomerate

“They’re good project managers because they make my life easy.”

Jan. – June 2017

Nickelfox developed an interactive application to collect consumer insights. They built the dashboard on the frontend and the backend for data collection. The app features multiple ways to collect data.

Bengaluru, India
Lipi Patel
Assistant Manager, ITC Foods

The app helped to reduce the costs and labor involved in the data collection by digitizing the processes. Nickelfox was an excellent partner for strategizing, offering great ideas and solutions to the app’s development. The motivated team was easily accessible and responded quickly to urgent issues.

I’m the assistant manager of ITC Foods, a food manufacturing conglomerate.

What challenge were you trying to address with Nickelfox?

I work in the consumer insights function. We reach out to consumers and collect data from them. We needed to figure out multiple ways to gather data from consumers. We needed help to develop an app.

Nickelfox created an app for us. They did the frontend as well as the backend, which is the dashboard and data collection. The app has a unique code and consumers put in all their details. We added a lot of images and made it interactive. We had multiple choice questions, or someone can draw a scale of how much they like something. Their designer developed beautiful icons.

I mainly worked with the founder and his team.

How did you come to work with Nickelfox?

We’d seen their work and liked their cost.

We worked together from January–June 2017.

Now that we aren’t using pen and paper, it costs us 20 lakhs per survey versus 50 lakhs. We’re saving a lot of time, energy, and data punching. Creating and printing that booklet for 2,000 people was a huge cost. This money is saved because we’re now collecting data digitally and over the phone.

How did Nickelfox perform from a project management standpoint?

They contribute and give good suggestions to solve our problems. They’re good project managers because they make my life easy. If I have an idea that they can’t execute, they explain to me why they can’t do it and what the challenge is.

They’re dedicated, young people. They’re a growing team. They’re available whenever I call them, even on the weekends. We had good interactions with them.

They had to hire designers from the outside, but everything went smoothly.

Overall Score It was great.
    They delivered on time. They were always available when there was an urgent request.
    We didn’t have any issues with the cost.
    I recommend them 100%.

UX/UI Design for Diagnostic Testing App

“Nickelfox was able to adapt to our changing requirements.”

Mar. 2016 - Ongoing

Having designed the UI/UX of an iOS and Android health diagnostics application, Nickelfox now provides maintenance and implements enhancements.

Bengaluru, India
Aayush Rai
Founder, Inito

The end product’s quality met expectations and has received positive user feedback as its market presence increases. Nickelfox was able to acclimate to internal processes despite rates of rapid change.

We’re developing a small device that plugs into users’ phones and allows them to perform health diagnostic tests. The first test we’re providing measures hormones in urine to track a person’s ovulation cycle in order to generate a fertility chart. I’m the company's founder.

Creating a smartphone-enabled tracker presents a lot of advantages. Our aim was to combine the accuracy of higher-grade monitors with the convenience of an app that would bring an improved user experience while giving immediate access to data.

What challenge were you trying to address with Nickelfox?

We needed help developing the mobile app while our company focused more on the hardware and algorithms.

Nickelfox provided the UI/UX design for our iOS and Android application. We handled the backend development.

I worked with the founder who led the project and was also our primary point of contact.

How did you come to work with Nickelfox?

I went to the same school as their founder and got to know them through my network. I also spoke to some of their previous customers.

The total cost of their work has been between $40,000–$50,000.

We started working with them in the first quarter of 2016. We launched the app to the market 6–8 months later as part of a trial period. The official launch was in December 2016. We’ve been engaging with Nickelfox for bug fixes and enhancements as we’ve continued to scale up.

Two of the measurable results we’ve tracked are project time completion and quality. We did overestimate a bit on the time and budget, but the quality was accurate. I don’t have any exact metrics.

Users love our product. It’s a combination of our work and Nickelfox’s, or, a combination of hardware and software. We’re picking up in the market and the overall feedback has been quite good.

How did Nickelfox perform from a project management standpoint?

I would rate their performance as above average, but I wouldn’t call it excellent. There were some miscalculations in terms of timelines, but the work quality was still high. Nickelfox had to adapt to our team’s rapid-change mode.

We’re a small startup, so there were many unplanned elements in the software development process. It wasn’t as well-defined as that of a large company, but Nickelfox was able to adapt to our changing requirements.

Time and cost estimation could definitely be improved. We did miscalculate the original scope.

I didn’t appreciate the time delay.
    The work quality was fairly good.

iOS Development for Meal Delivery App

"Nickelfox promised what they could deliver and delivered what they promised."

May - Sept. 2015

With the hopes to create an easy-flowing and accessible mobile app for their home meal delivery system, the client looked to Nickeflox to do the development and UI design work for iOS platforms.

Manish Jethani
Founder, SpoonJoy

Feedback for the app has been incredibly positive. The Nickelfox team is a group of development professionals and design experts, making them fully prepared to respond to urgent requests in a timely manner.

SpoonJoy was founded to make healthy meals affordable and deliver it right at the doorstep, thereby making healthy eating a habit.

I was the founder and CEO of the company.

What challenge were you trying to address with Nickelfox?

We wanted to enable users to order healthy and home-like food from the comfort of their home and/or office. Given that most of our target population was office-goers, we expected a lot of traffic to be coming through mobile. Hence, we wanted to give the customers a simple, easy-flowing UI to order food with their mobile applications. The partnership helped us get the application ready in no time and to our satisfaction.

The project entailed the development of a mobile application for iOS platforms. It included UI design, applications flows, and core iOS app development.

How did you come to work with Nickelfox?

I knew a few members of the team and had seen some of their work that they had done. I knew they fared better than most of their competition in terms of skills and the quality of work. Also, in terms of cost, Nickelfox is better than other similar service providers.

How much have you invested with Nickelfox?

The cost came out to be around $25,000. I constituted around 650-700 manhours.

The project was initiated in May 2015 and was completed in September 2015. The duration of the project was around 4 months.

The results were fantastic. Overall feedback from the team and customers was that it was easy to navigate through the app and that it was pretty intuitive. The look and feel of the app was appreciated a lot as well.

What did you find most impressive about Nickelfox?

The kind of commitment and dedication this team has shown sets them apart from their competition. The team is highly knowledgeable and take responsibility of their work products.

Are there any areas Nickelfox could improve?

They could work on the project estimation process.

Overall Score It was wonderful. We did not have to deal with the stress of getting the work delivered, they were always ready. They could accommodate critical and urgent requests that came from our team.
    Nickelfox delivered on time and ensured timely follow-ups.
    The cost was higher than the original quoted estimate but I was happy with the quality they delivered.
    Great quality of work. Nickelfox promised what they could deliver and delivered what they promised.
    I would strongly recommend Nickelfox due to their professionalism and expertise.

iOS Development for Wedding Services App

"Once we started working with [Nickelfox] and released the new product, the majority of the ratings were 5/5 on the App Store."

Feb. 2013 - Ongoing

The client used Nickelfox to develop the backend of their custom wedding mobile app for iOS and Android platforms.

Delhi, India
Siddharth Sood
Founder, Boda Tech Private Limited

While building the app from end to end, Nickelfox was proactive in suggesting changes and in fixing any bugs within the system, an approach that the client greatly appreciated.

Boda Tech Private Limited is essentially a wedding services company, and we have built a mobile app platform. I am the founder and joint Chief Executive Officer of the organization.

What challenge were you trying to address with Nickelfox?

We were trying to create a one-of-a-kind wedding app that would allow a couple to invite their friends and family to their wedding.

Nickelfox used a whole host of tools. They managed our iOS and Android development along with the backend development. In terms of iOS, they assigned a four-member team to be in charge of the complete end-to-end product. With Android, they assigned us a five-member team, and they were able to get the product out before the stipulated time in the contract. As far as web and backend were concerned, I think there were two people involved. That development was also done within time. They also helped us redesign our UX [user experience] and UI [user interface]. Initially, they developed the entire product for the first two years, and now they are only managing our iOS development.

How did you come to work with Nickelfox?

A common friend of mine recommended them. He had worked with them on another project. I mentioned to him that I needed somebody to make an entire app for me, and he told me about Nickelfox and how they are very well accomplished in the product architecture. I then called them and we met. After discussing the vision for the product, I decided that they were the right people.

How much have you invested with Nickelfox?

The project ranged from $30,000 to $40,000.

We started working with Nickelfox in February 2013 and the engagement is ongoing.

Before we were working with them, we were very disappointed with our earlier iOS product, which gave us a rating of 2/5 on the App Store. Once we started working with them and released the new product, the majority of the ratings were 5/5 on the App Store, so the product at least worked without any crashes. For us, that was a big deal because it is a slightly complicated product.

How did Nickelfox perform from a project management standpoint?

Three years back, we were new to building apps. This was our first project. They introduced us to Slack, which was an app they made us download and use. They were very efficient in terms of project management. I think that only on two occasions in our milestones they were late by a day or two, but other than that, almost everything was managed on time. We were very happy.

What did you find most impressive about Nickelfox?

One thing is that when they are not able to deliver, they clearly say no. That’s the one thing we appreciated about them, that instead of saying yes to all our whims and fancies, they were very clear about having every milestone noted. After detailed discussions of exactly what we wanted and how we wanted to go about it, they would commit to the project, which I think was the right way to go about the partnership to avoid any sort of miscommunication of expectations.

Are there any areas Nickelfox could improve?

In our first version, which was created back in 2013, the Android app had a few bugs. The backend and the Android app weren’t totally in sync all the time. That issue took unduly long to get resolved, but once we pointed out what wasn’t working, they resolved it in decent time. Initially, the product given to us had a few bugs, but we were really happy that they fixed them once we brought it to their notice.

Overall Score They’re just a little expensive. That might be the only downer.
    For the first version of the app, they were good; they would be 4/5. Once they really dug their heels in and our relationship grew, they were great; they were 5/5. They’re extremely proactive.
    They are not the cheapest. They are slightly on the higher side by Indian standards.
    We made a lot of mistakes in the design we went to them with, and they suggested a lot of changes. They were very proactive in suggesting those, which is something that we really respected.
    I’ve already recommended them to four other friends.

App Development for Women's Merchandise Startup

"The most important thing that distinguishes Nickelfox is the fact that they really put their heart into understanding what we are building."

Nickelfox implemented the frontend development of the client’s app, working through multiple versions until the final app was updated and completed.

Los Angeles, CA
Purva Gupta
Founder, Women's Merchandise Startup

This client points to the heart of Nickelfox as a definite strength. Their commitment to understanding the business need and responsiveness to project changes made them feel like another member of the team.

At my organization, we are building a product that helps women find clothing according to their emotions and perceptions about their own body. We’ve built the technology right now in the form of a mobile app that our user downloads. They chat with our app to describe their perceptions about their own body, and then the app is able to recommend them clothing from online and offline stores of their favorite brands in the US. Our software finds clothes that will flatter their body and make them feel their best.

I’m the founder.

What challenge were you trying to address with Nickelfox?

I met Nickelfox about a year and a half ago. At that point in time, I did not have a co-founder. I did have a backend engineer working with me, but I was looking for frontend help for our app, and specifically someone who could be more than just an outsourcing company.

We are a startup, so we have gone through a few versions to get to where we are. With Nickelfox, we’ve done three different versions of the app, in each of which there were completely different features built. With this project, I was specifically looking for a partner that could not only build the app but also help guide us through determining the best practices. Nickelfox helped us figure out how the technology will be best experienced by the user and what should be divided between the clients and servers. From a design perspective and from their tech knowledge, I think Nickelfox has a good mix. I could really feel that they put a lot of thought into their work as they were always asking me questions and really vetting it to themselves to understand what they are building. Early on, I trusted that I was in good hands with respect to the frontend development of my app.

How did you come to work with Nickelfox?

When I spread the word that I was looking for a very good frontend engineer, I was connected to Nickelfox through their director of technology and through one of the founders, whom I had already known.

How much have you invested with Nickelfox?

So far, in total we have spent $11,000 on the three projects, but there’s going to be more work.

It’s ongoing. The two previous versions of the app that we worked on with Nickelfox have since been closed. The third version, which should be the final version, is ongoing. Even though I have a co-founder and Chief Technology Officer, and my technical team is getting established properly, I still think that there’s value in working with Nickelfox. Even right now, we hire full-time iOS engineers because I think the quality of their work is really good. We have been working with Nickelfox for one and a half years.

The first two apps that I worked on with Nickelfox were not launched. The current version is actually in private beta, and it’s been five weeks. We have 115 users already, and the conversion rate of our product is very high, which is about 54%. The industry standard is 2%. The private beta is going really well. It’s still very early to share more numbers, but the few key metrics on our product are the percentages of accuracy of likes that users see of the product that they like. That is more than 50%. Our conversion is more than 50%, so at least the standard metrics are really good, way above the industry standard. From a product perspective, in the last five weeks, we’ve been getting a lot of feedback from the users, and Nickelfox has been implementing that feedback on a daily basis so that we improve the product every day. They are almost like an extension of my own team.

How did Nickelfox perform from a project management standpoint?

Overall, Nickelfox has been really good at project management. In the last two projects, I was going through a period myself of understanding what we are building, and in the early stages, their feedback was really constructive. Their response rate was very helpful as I was in my own process of finding out the right thing for the product. Overall, I would say that they’ve been really responsive. Even though we are in different time zones, I think their ownership level is very high for what they do.

What did you find most impressive about Nickelfox?

The most important thing that distinguishes Nickelfox is the fact that they really put their heart in understanding what we are building. Over the past year and a half, I appreciate the personal relationship that I have now ended up building with them. To me, it doesn’t feel like I am talking to some third party who is just going to do whatever is written on the paper. I don’t fear that they will raise the invoice for every single little detail that I might ask them to change. I feel like they’re sharing the goal with me of what I am trying to build. Whenever we send them a chunk of work, they do their best to understand it and ask me all the right questions. I don’t hesitate to approach them with changes; they adjust very well and come back with the reasonable next steps.

Are there any areas Nickelfox could improve?

I just hope they don’t increase the cost because as a startup, that’s a very key factor that we have to consider to make sure that we can still afford them. Otherwise, nothing really comes to my mind in terms of what could have been done differently.

We gave them something 48 hours ago, and they’ve already delivered it. This doesn’t happen all the time, but it’s just something that was important and got left behind. They were really nice to accommodate it and do it very well.
    The quality of their code and interaction is really good. Nickelfox is able to manage the time difference and still get everything right.