Amazing Explainer Videos... Fast!

Need an amazing animation, fast?

Our award-winning animation team is made up of smart, talented and remarkably nice people. We are expert animators, voiceover actors and illustrators located across the U.S. from Baltimore, MD to Minneapolis, MN to San Francisco, CA.

Explainer animations are increasingly recognized as one of the best ways to communicate, allowing your audience to absorb your message through visuals, sound and text simultaneously.

We make exceptional explainer animation videos for all your company communication needs. Our animations are used for everything from corporate employee conferences and training sessions to start-up website explainer videos.

Need an amazing animation, fast? Call us at (202) 747-0404.

Baltimore, MD

TORO

Trimble

YWCA

Video Production for Software & Hardware Solutions Company

"The speed of service was amazing and they produced quality work in that short amount of time."

Dec. 2019 - Feb. 2020

After getting to know the business, brand, and project goals Next Day Animations produced an explainer video tailored to the target audience. The team also provided post-production support.

Hamden, Connecticut
Courtney Bosch-Tanguy
Demand Generation Manager, TransAct Technologies

Next Day Animations delivered a helpful, top-class video. The team's communication and openness to feedback were exceptional, and their strong project management skills made for a seamless, streamlined process. Staying within the deadlines, they worked quickly without compromising on excellence.

I’m the demand generation manager of the division of TransACT Technologies that sells hardware and software to food service providers.

What challenge were you trying to address with Next Day Animations?

I work with our sales team on outbound campaigns and content management. We are resource-strapped — we don’t have a big team or a large production budget –— which is why I hired Next Day Animations.

I wanted an explainer video that would be useful for both our sales team and potential customers to get an understanding of who we are and what we do in a synopsis-like, animation format.

Once I submitted an inquiry online, they sent me a creative brief questionnaire that I had to fill out so they could understand our business and project goals. They also requested logos and brand guidelines. We then had a kick-off call, where they went over the questionnaire and explained how the project would work, giving the rundown of their process and timeline.

They tailored the video to our target audience, who are VP’s and managers in the multi-unit restaurant and food service areas, specifically the decision-makers who decide whether or not to buy our products.

The project had three stages; scripting, animation, and the final product. Once I signed off on the final video, they sent me the files in a couple of different formats, as well as a document outlining how to use the video. They did a lot of the heavy lifting.

My main point of contact was Jacqueline (Lead Producer) who served as our project manager. I also worked with Caitlin (COO) and Beny (Client Advisor), who were both involved early on in the project.

How did you come to work with Next Day Animations?

After hearing about them on a podcast commercial, I did some research. Beny sent me their testimonials and portfolio, which really influenced my decision. I then realized that they’d be great at helping me with this project.

We spent about $6,800.

We worked with them from December 2019–February 2020.

I haven’t had the opportunity to use the video in a lot of my marketing efforts just yet, but I’ve received a lot of really positive internal feedback. The sales team was particularly excited about the video because it’s easily shareable and gives a good overview of what we do without having to explain it in writing or verbally. Having this piece of contact is truly a win since we had nothing previously.

How did Next Day Animations perform from a project management standpoint?

Jacqueline was great. At one point, I told her that they were moving too fast because I would give them feedback, and they would have the edits ready for me by the next day! I had given them a deadline of mid-March, but she pointed out to me that they do have a reputation for working quickly since they are “Next Day Animations.” Getting work done within a short time frame is an expectation based on their name.

They met the deadlines without any issues and the communication was phenomenal. I emailed back and forth with Jacqueline throughout the whole process. We had a couple of phone calls to go over a few things but most of it was handled via email. She was also the point person on their side, handling the process internally and making sure the team had all of the edits completed.

We used a Google doc for the script, so I was able to make edits in real-time. Next Day Animations used a video sharing tool that allowed me to comment within the video at specific times and withing specific frames. So, I used that to highlight any edits and they were able to see them through that tool. No real project management tool was needed.

Everything was on point from the get-go. The speed of service was amazing and they produced quality work in that short amount of time. I’ve worked with agencies and vendors where I’m the one following up to see if they’re meeting deadlines and making progress.

The fact that Next Day Animations was able to do everything so quickly and seamlessly was really great. The video was a high-quality product that met our expectations.

At times I felt like I was being rushed. I did tell Jacqueline that their speed may be misconstrued as them rushing through the project just to get it done. There were a few times where I had to ask them to make edits past the allotted rounds of revision, which was three at each stage, because the imagery and illustrations they used showed that they didn’t fully understand our target audience.

Maybe slowing the process down a little more would’ve helped them embrace our feedback and understand our audience. That was a minor issue that we discussed and were able to figure out, so it didn’t hurt the project in any way.

Animated Video Creation for Youth Nonprofit

“Direct feedback was very effective and helpful, making this collaboration go smoothly.”

Jun. - Sept. 2019

Next Day Animations created a three-minute whiteboard animation video for a nonprofit. Working closely with their partners, they created a script, made changes to visual design, and incorporated a voiceover.

Lana Tilley
Development Director, RYSE

The video has received a lot of positive feedback and accurately portrays the organization’s mission and values. Next Day Animations collaborated efficiently by using a video editing software to work directly across teams. Valuing this project’s mission, they made this production a priority.

I’m the development director with RYSE Center, a nonprofit center rooted in youth organization, racial justice, and community health.

What challenge were you trying to address with Next Day Animations?

We are building a larger center, expanding our reach, and really trying to pursue new pathways for funding and bring in partners to support our mission. Next Day Animations offers a grant in which they will make a whiteboard animation video for a nonprofit organization. We decided to apply because it was a great opportunity for us to market ourselves differently, and in a way we wouldn’t have been able to otherwise.

Next Day Animation developed a three-minute video that illustrated our organization’s mission, talked about our work, and targeted donors. At the beginning of our collaboration, their team gave us a really helpful template early on that helped us solidify our goals, values, and what we wanted to see in the video. They also encouraged us to target donors across the United States, rather than just locally.

From there, they drafted a script and we were able to provide feedback about how well we thought it fit with our organization’s message, and then they would revise.

After that, they sent us voiceover samples that could narrate the animation. Focusing on our values of inclusivity and diversity, we wanted to lift up the voices of young people of color, ensuring Black and Latinx voices were highlighted in our video. Accommodating our values, they actually used the voice of a teenager in our program as the narrator.

We had a main point of contact but also talked to the person who drafted our script and a team of artists.

How did you come to work with Next Day Animations?

We learned about the grant through a listserv and became very excited about applying after viewing their materials because we liked their animation style a lot. During our initial conversation, they were very enthusiastic about our mission and clearly communicated how they wanted to support us. We felt heard and eager to work with them.

It was a grant, and I’m not sure how much it would have cost.

The project lasted from June–September 2019.

The video is completed, and we have recently started sharing it online. We’ve received a lot of positive feedback so far. It summarizes our project really well and is very engaging. People have said that it does a good job sharing our story and mission. It’s a great visual marketing tool for us.

How did Next Day Animations perform from a project management standpoint?

We had really strong and open communication with them. They had a frame editing software called app.frame.io that allowed us took at the animation and make edits at any moment during the video. If we wanted to give someone glasses or change the color of something, we could make those changes right there, and their team would follow up with us immediately to ask clarifying questions. Direct feedback was very effective and helpful, making this collaboration go smoothly.

Additionally, we communicated via email and phone, and they were always responsive, making sure we kept the video production a priority for everyone. They always were checking in with us, but were patient when we needed more time.

We had similar values, and we were excited to work with them because they were committed to reflecting racial justice and youth leadership through animation. It’s sometimes difficult to connect with other agencies that aren’t as committed to our mission. Their ability to translate what we wanted into video made Next Day Animations a unique partner.

No, we had a strong relationship.

Be very clear about the values you want to portray. They stuck to our mission very well, but by providing feedback we were able to ensure that all of our values were illustrated in the video.