We are always moving

We adapt to the constant changes of the business to turn ideas into solutions for our clients' needs

Our services are conceived to provide comprehensive solutions for our clients’ needs. We strive for efficient and high-quality products that meet their purposes.

Montevideo, Uruguay
  • Francisco Soca 1391 apt. 901
    Montevideo, MO 11300
    Uruguay

MisCobros Image

MisCobros

MisCobros is a site that was tailor made for an accounting firm in Uruguay. They needed a platform where their clients could keep track on all their invoices and taxes, with several different reports and analytics on their financial data.

NeoCoast was in charge of scoping out technical requirements based on their business needs, creating a project plan, designing and developing the full web app from scratch using Ruby

on Rails and React.
Frootbat Image

Frootbat

Back in 2016, Frootbat's founder Darcy wanted a brand new site for his business, an online store to buy wines and spirits at the best price among stores near the client's location, and handling everything (from payments to shipments) for both the stores and the clients.

NeoCoast was in charge of building Frootbat's current version using a Ruby on Rails backend and a ReactJS + Redux frontend.

At this moment

Frootbat is live in the US and Australia, and we are still working on new amazing features for it!
Nuro Retention Image

Nuro Retention

Nuro is an innovative software and data analytics platform developed as the most comprehensive solution for improving college completion on the market today.

NeoCoast joined Nuro's development team back in March 2016, and since then we've been working side by side in constantly improving their platform.

Mobile App Dev for Performance Management Software Firm

"The team at NeoCoast takes their work seriously."

Nov. 2019 - Ongoing

Neocoast built a mobile application for iOS and Android using React. The team used provided mockups to start the development.

Executive, Performance Management Software Firm

Neocoast delivered high-quality work. Their collaborative approach complemented their technical expertise. Their hands-on involvement is also noteworthy. They’re responsive and communicative.

I’m the CEO and co-founder of a performance management software firm.

What challenge were you trying to address with NeoCoast?

We wanted to build a mobile app for our product. Our team didn’t have the bandwidth to support our current product and break ground on the mobile app at the same time. Bringing on someone like NeoCoast made sense.

They’re a React and React Native shop, which is what we wanted to use in order to quickly build an Android and iPhone app at the same time. It is also complemented our core product, which was built using Ruby on Rails.

I’m a product manager by trade, so I had already done extensive interviews with customers and people who were interested in having our mobile app. We knew exactly what the functionality needed to be. We already have a clickable prototype, so we just had to show NeoCoast what we wanted it to look like. This process allowed us to move faster with them. The mockups made it easier for them to understand the scope and what we were looking for.

We’ve worked with all kinds of people from their team. We primarily had one engineer working on the project, but they were paired with someone who was a bit more senior. Our main points of contact were Lucas (Frontend Developer), who was the engineer, and Nicolas (Frontend Tech), who was his mentor. Nicolas would attend our planning meetings and demos, but the work was actually done by Lucas.

How did you come to work with NeoCoast?

I searched online and stumbled upon them. I saw that they have good reviews, and I ended up interviewing different agencies. I was impressed with NeoCoast’s work, and I even downloaded one of their apps. I took a look at other apps they designed in the App Store.

When I had a call with one of their co-founders, I was impressed. Then my co-founder called them to evaluate their technical skills. He was also impressed, which made it an easy decision for us. We felt comfortable from a technical and business perspective.

We started working with them in November 2019, and we’re wrapping up this month.

The team at NeoCoast takes their work seriously. From a technology background perspective, the team was a great fit. They also had great frontend skills. I really appreciate their quality of work.

Some agencies just do work to make money, and others do work because they care about their craft. NeoCoast falls in the latter group. There were times where they would catch bugs or make suggestions that were clearly done because they care about what they’re building.

I’ve heard of horror stories from offshore and other agencies where the teams just build the spec, and they don’t care about the rest. What’s great about NeoCoast is that they do care. They’re very communicative and collaborative, willing to work with our team.

They’re dedicated to delivering a quality piece of work. There’s always testing and bug fixing, but Lucas is always good about fixing them. When he needed things from our head of engineering, he was able to work with him to make it easier for everyone involved. They’re definitely somebody we plan to work with again in the future.

How did NeoCoast perform from a project management standpoint?

They’re very hands-on. We used Trello for tracking. We also have a shared channel in Slack, which has been a gamechanger. They’re always responsive. I’ve been really impressed with how much easier Slack has made things across the board for any type of discussion. We also used Zoom for calls.

They’re actually invested in the work that they do. The team cares about the quality of their work and want to do things in the right and effective way.

Not really. If anything came up, we were able to work through it quickly. They were good at communicating. We’re sad to not be working with them right now. When there’s a project that makes sense, we’ll come back to them right away.

NeoCoast doesn’t have design in-house, so make sure you have designs you like and can make the mockups. They’ll do a much better job when that’s available. Attend the meetings that they want to have. Treat them like you value those meetings. I’ve heard from them that some clients aren’t good about showing up, even though you get a lot of value out of them. Take that time because they’re willing to do good work with you if there’s an effort put in.

Overall Score They’re great across the board.
    You can’t expect engineering to be perfect.
    They're great.

iOS & Android Video App for Media Production Co

"We hit a lot of technical roadblocks, but their team always found a solution."

May 2019 - Ongoing

NeoCoast developed a cross-platform iOS/Android app from scratch using React Native. The solution works in conjunction with the existing web platform, helping users seamlessly create videos.

Seal Beach, California
JJ Englert
CEO & Founder, Industry Jump

Not only was the app accepted into both Google Play and the App Store, but it's also gaining rave responses from users. The app did take longer than expected to deliver due to some technical challenges, but NeoCoast made it for it in availability, quality of work, and budget.

I am the CEO of a global community that connects businesses looking to make videos to local creators.

For what projects/services did your company hire NeoCoast?

We wanted to build a mobile application to create a better UX for our customers.

To create a seamless mobile experience that perfectly matched our designs, and was fast, responsive and cross platform.

We were referred to NeoCoast through a very close friend and technical partner.

NeoCoast built a mobile application in react native that works on IOS and Andorid. They built it from the ground up, and coordinated with our web platform to connect various endpoints and data. The mobile app is now live on the app stores.

We had a project manager, and a lead developer assigned to our company. We also kept a direct line of communication with their CEO just in case we needed to make special requests, or a change in our scope of work.

The mobile app is now complete and is on both app stores (IOS and Android). It passed all of the app stores regulations, and our users are loving it.

Our team was integrated through Slack, Trello and daily standups. Our communication was on point and never missed a beat. Their team also works really well with USA hours and we always reachable.

Their teams' transparency and honesty. We hit a lot of technical roadblocks, but their team always found a solution, and never "his us over the head" with a price hike.

The only area of improvement would be an increase in the length of time it took to develop the application, but with respects to their scope, budget, and technology, their team performed really well.

Custom Software Dev for Student Retention & Analysis

"They're critical thinkers and they always have a positive attitude."

Mar. 2016 - Ongoing

Working collaboratively with an in-house team, NeoCoast built a web-based application, a backend, and a data processing platform. They used React, Ruby, and PostgreSQL for development.

Dan Ayres
CTO, Nuro Retention

NeoCoast was in charge of the key parts of the development, helping the in-house team meet all the milestones. Responsive and flexible, NeoCoast quickly became part of an internal team, while their positive company culture made them a pleasure to work with.

I'm the CTO at Nuro Retention. We work with student success analytics and retention. We help universities retain their students and we also help students succeed better in their courses as they progress through their academic year.

What challenge were you trying to address with NeoCoast?

We didn't have enough onsite engineering resources, so we needed a development team to help us build our platform.

NeoCoast built a web-based application as well as a middle tier, a backend, and a data processing platform. We're an agile-oriented software shop and NeoCoast became a fully integrated part of our team. They built the product in collaboration with our onshore resources, so we went through a typical agile process of understanding customer needs, creating a roadmap, and working through sprints. They're using React and Ruby on the frontend, while on the backend it's PostgreSQL and Microsoft SQL.

We're currently working with four people from their team, but the size of the team has fluctuated over the course of the relationship.

How did you come to work with NeoCoast?

The relationship had started before I joined the company.

We've spent between $500,000–$600,000.

We started working with them in March 2016 and the relationship is ongoing.

We've successfully delivered multiple iterations of our software, relying on NeoCoast for the key parts of the development.

How did NeoCoast perform from a project management standpoint?

They're very responsive. We have daily or even hourly contact with their team via Slack, video conferencing, and phone calls.

I’ve worked with a number of offshore development companies, but working with NeoCoast was a real eye-opener. There has been a lot less friction and their communication skills are fantastic. They're critical thinkers and they always have a positive attitude. Many companies just want to build what you tell them to build, but NeoCoast can work creatively and effectively without clear requirements. They've been able to engage with us on a much deeper level than any of my previous offshore vendors.

We're a 24-hour business, so sometimes we'd like support after hours. NeoCoast is more of a traditional shop, so it'd be valuable to us if they could develop the capacity to extend their working hours. Additional skills, for example, in data science would also be great.

Don't think of them a separate entity and make them part of your team.

It'd be nice to have some support after hours.

Multiple Development Projects for Software Consultancy

"NeoCoast is a smart and talented team that excels at communicating."

2017 - Ongoing

NeoCoast provides additional software support for development and implementation. The team works on a variety of different-sized projects with various technologies including React and Ruby on Rails.

Owner, Software Company

NeoCoast goes above and beyond, taking on challenging work. Their skilled team delivers high-quality software using different technologies. They’re honest and transparent. Their team is capable of adapting to project needs. Expect an excellent partnership engaging with NeoCoast.

I’m the owner of a software consulting business that builds custom software for various clients.

What challenge were you trying to address with NeoCoast?

I write code myself but needed additional support with developing and implementing software projects for my clients.

I’ve worked with NeoCoast on various projects. They’ve done work for about five or six of my clients. Typically, the work involves building web-based software. We’ve developed Ruby on Rails and React projects. It’s been anything from large-scale applications to small-scale prototypes where we figure out details for architecture on other products.

It depends on what we’re working on. I usually interface with Fabian (Co-Founder, NeoCoast), and they employ over 12 developers. As far as leading the team, it changes from project to project. I generally lead them with an assigned developer who follows my direction. But there’s been a few projects where their team has taken more of a leadership role.

How did you come to work with NeoCoast?

I found NeoCoast through Upwork. I didn’t end up working with them initially. I sent out a programming test and went with another company. Down the line, Fabian reached out to me because he was available for work. I had a project for a friend that needed to get done, so I connected with them, and we started working together.

It varies by project.

We started our engagement in 2017.

From a product standpoint, NeoCoast has always delivered. Their team builds what we need them to develop. There’s been a measurable impact in that. Across all of the different projects, the software has been created, deployed, and runs smoothly.

How did NeoCoast perform from a project management standpoint?

I handled the project management. They’re responsive when we use Slack. Occasionally, I’ve had to follow up a little bit, but it makes sense considering all the developers I’ve worked with. Some team members are much more proactive and responsive than others. I’ve used numerous tools such as Asana, GitHub, and Trello. They’ve worked willingly with all of those. Their team is transparent and clear. They do an excellent job of tracking time and let me know when they can make a meeting. We set up stand-ups, daily meetings, or multiple standing meetings a week, depending on the project.

NeoCoast is a smart and talented team that excels at communicating. I enjoy working with them. Their quality of work is solid. I’ve thrown challenging projects at them, and members of their team just run with it. The caliber of services they provide has been excellent.

Anything I’ve wanted them to improve upon, I’ve been able to communicate with them directly. NeoCoast has done an excellent job taking everything into consideration. I love working with them and hope to continue our relationship as long as possible. Their team fills a crucial gap within my company. It’s been an exceptional partnership.

Be clear and organized with your requirements. That’s helpful for any project.

I already have.

Web Development for Online Liquor Marketplace

They’re flexible and we know that we can change things quickly if needed.”

Jan 2016 - Ongoing

NeoCoast built and continues to maintain and add features to a core business web application using Ruby on Rails, ReactJS, and Redux.

Australia
Managing Director, Online Marketplace

The high-quality, functioning web application is fundamental to business success. NeoCoast manages their staff well and continuously search for ways to improve development processes. Flexible, they adjust the resources on the team to their needs and requests.

I’m the managing director of an online liquor marketplace. We aggregate sales and ship out to the customer from the best place to ship from based on taxes, shipping costs, and shipping laws.

What challenge were you trying to address with NeoCoast?

We needed help to design and maintain the application that is the core of our business.

NeoCoast is our key technology partners. They designed and developed our web application using Ruby on Rails for the backend and ReactJS and Redux for the frontend. They built and maintain all of the infrastructure, architecture, and features of the application.

We initially worked with one of the co-founders. Now we work with a few developers.

How did you come to work with NeoCoast?

We started working with one of NeoCoast’s co-founders on a small, one-off project as an individual contractor before the firm was established. We were impressed with his work. When he started the firm, they asked if we’d be interested in giving them more work. We were happy with what he’d delivered, so that’s how the engagement started.

We’ve spent between 200,000–300,000 AUD (approximately $140,000–210,000 USD).

We started working together in January 2016, and it is ongoing.

We judge progress based on what’s been deployed as a new feature or a fix. The features in our application are our outcomes.

How did NeoCoast perform from a project management standpoint?

We manage everything with Trello, and everyone communicates via Slack. When we need to conference, we jump on a call and either do a demo over Skype or Google Hangouts.

We’re constantly producing and deploying, if not weekly then every other week. We go through phases of more deliverables at some times than others. That’s the nature of the features themselves which are sometimes more complex than initially thought or have more bugs than anticipated. They’re continually looking for ways to improve processes to decrease bugs and improve efficiency.

They’re willing to change their team makeup and hire new staff based on our requirements which allows us to scale up or down as needed. If we want to introduce new technology, they’ll find someone to do it. They’re flexible, and we know that we can change things quickly if needed. No matter what the project is or the direction it’s taking; we can get a developer to do what we need quickly and at high quality.

We also really like the way they manage their staff. I’ve been to their offices and it’s a positive environment.

It’s not specific to them but staying aligned with business priorities is always challenging with remote teams. If we have a large number of features and bugs that we want to be addressed, knowing intrinsically which ones are a priority for the business is critical to ensure that the highest priority ones are addressed first. It’s a two-way street: we have to communicate too. Sometimes, though, we’d like to have them better understand which problems are costing us money and where to focus their efforts.

Be as specific and clear as you can be about your goals. Maintain constant communication. You get the best out of the relationship when you work side-by-side even though it’s remote. We don’t set a task and wait for it to be deployed to review it.  We talk every day. That’s how we know what they’re working on, the challenges they face, and how we can make their jobs easier.

Web Development Outsourcing for Boston Tech Company

"The team is responsive and has strong English skills."

2015 - Ongoing

NeoCoast develops new features for a third-party’s website. The team also provides maintenance.

Uruguay
Fernando Colman
CEO & Co-Founder, Rootstrap

The team consistently delivers high-quality work in a reliable manner. Customers can expect to receive valuable insight from NeoCoast.

I’m CEO and co-founder of Rootstrap.

What challenge were you trying to address with NeoCoast?

We outsourced a client web development project to NeoCoast.

NeoCoast maintains the client’s Ruby on Rails website and develops new features.

Originally, four team members worked directly with our client. However, the client has scaled NeoCoast down to three resources. We oversee the process and the client manages the resources.

How did you come to work with NeoCoast?

I knew part of their team prior to the engagement.

We spend approximately $14,000 per month.

We started working together in 2015, and the partnership is ongoing.

Although the client reduced NeoCoast’s team due to budget constraints, they still retain them because the vendor produces high-quality work.

How did NeoCoast perform from a project management standpoint?

The team is responsive and has strong English skills.

They are reliable and trustworthy, especially compared to our other partner agencies.

While we can’t identify any specific areas, our team does need a lot of help at the same time NeoCoast is busy with other clients. The team could scale faster to increase their bandwidth.

The team provides useful insight into the development and any related challenges.