Your name is the base of your brand

Naming to Accelerate Your Business. First impressions. They are powerful. The name of your product, service, solution or company is your buyer’s first impression. The creation and selection of a name is an important decision and one that should be handled by naming experts who are backed by years of experience.

For over 20 years, Namebase marketing, creative, linguistic and market research experts have been naming products for leading companies in industries ranging from packaged goods, foods and beverage, automotive, healthcare and technology.  We understand the constraints you face when choosing product or company name and these insights are weaved into each naming effort we undertake.

Names that Communicate. Simply. Our goal is to create simple and evocative names that will propel your company or product to great heights. We develop names that achieve the right balance of simplicity and engagement to ensure your product has the momentum required to build a strong business.

The Namebase process is backed by Data. The selection of product or company names involves making choices and at we help you with name assessment and selection. We use a proprietary process to develop a scorecard for each naming effort, allowing for a data-driven and objective approach to name selection.

Namebase also conducts naming research, leading name testing among target market prospects. Whether your offering is targeted to business or consumers, we can gain market feedback on name candidates to ensure the right name is chosen.

Naming does not have to be a fraught, weeks-long process. Do you need a name quickly? Do you need a quick assessment and feedback prior to launch? We can handle that as well!

Contact us at 212-545-1400 or [email protected] for a 30-minute consultation on your naming needs.

1996
Stamford, CT

Samsung, Kabuni, Nestle Dreyers, Kia Motors, Johnson Controls, LifeNet Health, IBM, Motorola, Pernod-Ricard, Spectranetics, NEC, Dow Jones & Company, Hunter Douglas, Experian, Sherwin-Williams, Bard Medical Devices, Spectranetics, Novartis, Roche, Procter & Gamble, Teledyne, Epson, Canon, Kodak,

Creating Business Name for Career Coaching Company

“They accomplished all of my expectations and more.”

Dec. 2018

Namebase Brand Naming developed a company name for a new job coaching service. They compiled a detailed list of possible names.

Cleveland Heights, Ohio
Marty Mathews
Founder, Account Manager & Job Coach, Job Coaching Business

Namebase Brand Naming’s thorough services allowed for more informed decision-making in choosing a business name. They exhibited excellent time management and provided frequent updates and feedback. The team communicated seamlessly.

I’m an account manager and job coach at a career coaching company that I founded. Our focus is on developing, training, and preparing individuals with disabilities to be successful in the work environment.

For what projects/services did your company hire Namebase Brand Naming?

I hired Namebase Brand Naming to help me develop a name for my new business.

I wanted Namebase Brand Naming to create a unique name for my business by understanding my vision and utilizing the information I provided.

I did an online search for naming companies and was very selective in choosing a vendor. I chose Namebase Brand Naming based on their experience and expertise.

I provided Namebase Brand Naming with my vision for the business. They created a list of several potential company names with detailed information accompanying each name.

I believe I worked with a team of 5–10 members. This included Lisa (President and Co-Founder, Namebase Brand Naming), a project manager, and a management team.

The outcome was successful because the management team provided me with details on each name they came up with, which allowed me to make a better, more informed decision.

Their time management and communication skills were awesome. The project manager provided updates and important feedback throughout the project.

Lisa and her team were great. They accomplished all of my expectations and more.

Since this was my first experience working with a naming company, I didn't see any areas for improvement at all. I was very satisfied with the results.

The costs were very affordable.
    Lisa and her team were awesome. They gave me more than I expected in a timely manner.
    I'm most likely going to refer them; I will definitely use their services again.

Naming for Home Design Company

"We felt that the best and brightest in the company were working on our project."

Namebase provided creative services in choosing a new name for a home design company. Due to legal issues, this project was on a strict three month deadline.

Vancouver, Canada
Brian Johnson
Founding Partner, Kabuni

Namebase delivered outstanding work and put massive energy into delivering before deadline. In order to meet timeline requirements they in fact modified their process significantly and put their best talent ot use.

Kabuni Technologies is a technology company based in Vancouver, British Columbia. We have created a platform which allows artists, artisans and interior designers to connect with clients. We operate an app, a backend system, an e-commerce system, as well as a physical design studio where clients can meet with designers in-person.

I was a founding partner for the company.

What business challenge were you trying to address with Namebase?

Our name used to be Whole New Home, but the business pivoted a couple of times. It no longer described what our business was about, and we had also had some legal issues with the trademark.

My responsibilities include communications and branding, so it fell to me to make a decision for finding a new name. I decided that it would be a great idea to contract some professionals who had a methodology around creating a name, as opposed to having a few beers and throwing some suggestions around.

How did you come to work with Namebase?

We made some research and shortlisted 2-3 naming agencies, we felt most comfortable with Namebase.

The total cost of our project with Namebase was between $15,000 and $20,000.

Our timeline was very tight, given that we didn't expect to receive a cease-and-desist letter stating that our former name was a copyright infringement. We had a 3-month turnaround time in which to get a new name, which we needed for the middle of the summer in 2016. It was a fast turnaround time and we did make many demands on Namebase. They were able to modify their methodology in order to allow us to complete the project faster.

We ran through Namebase's methodology, arriving at a shortlist of 8 names which everyone in our organization approved of. We felt that, no matter what name would be chosen, we'd be happy with it. We did a trademark check on those names, and only 2 of them came back as being open. One of the criteria for choosing a successful name was our ability to own it. In the end, we made an executive decision, choosing Kabuni. The first tangible result from our work with Namebase was being able to choose a name that everyone in our organization could live with. The second one was the ability to trademark that name.

We weren't sure how our community of artists and artisans would react to the change. It doesn't mean anything in English, so we had to do a lot of heavy lifting in attaching meaning to it. In the end, this proved to be an advantage. People brought their own meaning to the name, which was exactly what we wanted. We had a positive feed-back from the name. It stood out among our competitors and there was nothing else like it. It was easy to say, spell and find on Google. As far as we were concerned, this spoke towards a successful outcome.

How did Namebase perform from a project management standpoint?

Namebase was always quick to return our calls and answer our questions. They met every timeline and there was never an issue around the execution of the mandate.

What distinguishes Namebase from other providers?

I enjoyed the process very much. The team that was assembled for facilitating the name change on our end also had a universally positive experience. I appreciated that both of the Namebase principals were directly involved in our meetings. We felt that the best and brightest in the company were working on our project.

Is there anything Namebase could have improved or done differently?

I can't think of anything that Namebase could have done better. They fulfilled the contract in a timely manner, without being overly expensive.

Overall Score It was excellent.
    It was a really tight deadline, but they made it work.
    I didn’t have a problem with the cost.
    The experience was all around good and I would recommend Namebase.