WEB | SOFTWARE | AI | PHP| LARAVEL| PYTHON| DRUPAL

My Web Programmer is a full-service software partner, capable of designing, developing, and maintaining both web and mobile applications. Our global client base includes emerging startups and established enterprises alike.

Since 2008, we have worked on 490+ projects for clients from more than 20 countries.

Websites, mobile apps and software products we have designed and built significantly contributed to the success of our customers.

We deliver high quality solutions by combining technology expertise, proven methodologies and business domain knowledge.

We believe our success is in our client's success, so we just do great work. We'd love to learn more about your project. Visit our website or email us at [email protected]

2008
Atlanta, GA
  • 265 Ponce De Leon Ave NE, Suite 3217 Atlanta, Georgia 30308, USA
    Atlanta, GA 30308

ICON4X4, AddArmor, Award-winning Custom Home Builder, Tansu (Award-winning Yacht Manufacturer), DekSmart Railings, Century Aluminum Products, Wise Business Plans

Web Development for Award Winning Yacht Manufacturing Company

We provided web development, website support and maintenance for Award-winning and one of the best yacht manufacturing company.

Timely Projects

Custom software development for a Software as a Service web project management system similar to Basecamp. This is a web based application with multiple project management features.

ICON

Web Design and Development for ICON4X4, a major custom hand made automobile manufacturer.

LabPlus International

FliWheel

Front Invoice

Front Invoice is a custom web app that we developed. This is a Software as a Service (SaaS) app that allows users to create invoices on the go. Users create an account, enter their details, and create invoices. System allows users to email invoices through the system, set recurring invoices, send late reminders, create estimates and access from the mobile.

Help Me Save

Help Me Save is a crowd funding platform that allows users to save money by setting aside money for the things that can make a difference for their futures.

Help Me Save's free crowdfunding platform is one of the best way to make user's online fundraiser a success. With powerful tools, it's simple to start, share and manage a compelling campaign. Best of all, Help Me Save's Life Stages system makes the need for

saving and planning easier to explain to children and young people just learning about financial independence, by tying savings goals to well-known life events.

60 Seconds - Mobile App

HomeLis

QR Data Center

ClevverMail

ClevverMail allows its users a way to get a professional business address throughout the world, and is one of the few services also providing a continuously expanding global network of available business addresses.

Instead of an all-inclusive high fixed price, ClevverMail allows the customer the freedom to adapt their postbox according to their needs; whether you are looking to use the address for your business, you

want to shop in another country and forward the packages to your own or just to get all your postal mail scanned for easy storage. ClevverMail is the new Cloud Post2.0.

Website Design & Dev for Video Game Community Forum

"I appreciated their dedication to providing us with a quality website."

Nov. 2018 - Ongoing

My Web Programmer designed and developed a website for an online gaming community. Users can navigate the site to rate or report fellow gamers they’ve met while competing.

Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Owner, Video Game Community

My Web Programmer exceeded expectations by delivering a website that features more automated processes for staff and a more user-friendly frontend. The team is communicative and provides thorough updates. My Web Programmer has a wealth of valuable experience.

I am the owner of an online video game community that allows users to rate or report players they have interacted with while gaming.

For what projects/services did your company hire My Web Programmer?

After several failed projects with other vendors, I hired My Web Programmer to develop my website.

We hoped to introduce a platform that would make player information more readily available so that online gaming can be safer.

We went through many outlets trying to find the best company to create what we envisioned. Most other vendors were either inexperienced or too expensive. My Web Programmer, however, had the necessary qualifications and was able to stay within our budget.

They designed and developed our website to integrate with one of the most popular video game platform APIs, which allows users to search for other players and display online profiles. My Web Programmer also created a backend panel so that our staff could input data and monitor our users more effectively.

We interacted only with a project manager.

Before this project, everything had to be entered manually, and we lacked a user-friendly experience. As we have made progress, our staff can work faster thanks to new automation methods, and the frontend is less cumbersome for our users. My Web Programmer exceeded our expectations with this website.

My Web Programmer utilizes a structured approach to project management. We communicated well through email. Their team was always available to answer questions or provide progress updates.

I appreciated their dedication to providing us with a quality website.

No, I consider this to be a successful engagement.

Overall Score They were timely and cost-effective.
    They met every deadline.
    It was important that they stayed within our budget.
    They exceeded my expectations with the quality.
    I will go out of my way to tell people about My Web Programmer.

WordPress Development for Clothing Retailer

"Their incredible communication distinguishes them from other providers."

Apr. - Aug. 2018

My Web Programmer designed and developed a WordPress e-commerce website where users can buy and sell products. They also support its CMS.

Waldwick, New Jersey
Neivis Paulino
Founder, Galilee Life

Customers and vendors enjoy the attractive, user-friendly website. My Web Programmer is always available to answer questions, solve issues, and offer advice. They act as a true business partner, delivering projects on time and keeping the company's long-term goals in mind.

Galilee Life is a multi-vendor fashion sales website, and I'm the founder.

For what projects/services did your company hire My Web Programmer?

I was looking for a tech-savvy partner to help build the Galilee Life website from scratch, willing to go the extra mile to help me achieve my goals.

My main goal was to have a website that was completely prepared to go live with no technical impediments. I wanted to show Galilee Life to the world.

Another company referred us to them. We considered four other companies, but chose My Web Programmer because they had our best interests at heart. They weren't just trying to make more money; they were willing to build a relationship.

My Web Programmer started by designing a mockup for the homepage and inner pages of the website. Then, they developed the website from scratch. It's a mobile-responsive paltform with multiple functions. Users can register an showcase their products, and shoppers can buy new, used, or handmade items. The My Web Programmer team also built a forum feature using a WordPress CMS that allows our staff to manage users and add, update, and delete content.

My role is simply to observe and make small changes. My programmer does all the work, and we communicate almost daily. The full team includes several members, but its size has changed over time.

We only launched a few months ago, but our vendors are happy with the results. It's an easy-to-use platform. We couldn't have asked for anything better.

Their effective workflow and communication are amazing. If we encounter a question we can't answer, we go directly to their team for help. It's truly a wonderful relationship

I'm impressed by their ability to complete tasks in such a timely manner. Their incredible communication distinguishes them from other providers. They care about the work and truly bring my vision to life.

I can't think of anything because they're amazing. They definitely haven't fallen short of my expectations. I still use their services and seek their knowledge in any areas I don't understand.

WordPress Site for International Flight Attendant Group

“The site functions well, and we’ve only seen positive results.”

Jan. 2017 - Jan. 2018

My Web Programmer created a WordPress site that supports retired flight attendant chapters nationwide. It features a sign-in portal, uploading/downloading capabilities, PayPal integration, and a directory.

1,001-5,000 Employees

Santa Cruz, Califorina
Website Manager, International Flight Attendant Group

The completed site met all technical and design requirements. My Web Programmer was able to develop a directory that lists about 1,200 members, each with their own individual form page. Clear communication and reliable service made them an excellent development provider.

I’m the website manager for an international group of retired flight attendants. We have chapters across the country.

For what projects/services did your company hire My Web Programmer?

We engaged My Web Programmer to designed a complicated WordPress site, complete with pictures, video, and a directory for 1,200 people.

The site had to be reliable and functional, and the directory needed to be set up as a form page for each individual. We also wanted to have active and inactive switches.

We found them online and discussed our project with them along with a couple of other web designers. Ultimately, we chose My Web Programmer because they had a better idea of what we needed and how to accomplish the task to stay within budget.

They created an interactive WordPress site with a directory that supported 1,200 people and 40 individual chapters. Key functions included the capacity to upload hundreds of photos, set up forms for pages, and download information at our discretion. The site also featured a sign-in portal and PayPal integration.

There were approximately 10 people on the team to set the project up.

The site functions well, and we’ve only seen positive results.

The project manager was very impressive. He helped to make sure that every step of the website was done to our specification. If we had to make changes, they did them right away.

I appreciated that we had direct access to our project manager anytime we need support. If he couldn’t answer our question, he would send it to the team.

No, none that I can think of.

Overall Score Our website has never been better.
    The scheduling was excellent. There was never a problem.
    For this type of work, they were affordably within the mid-range.
    They were excellent with the details.
    I have no problem with recommending them to anyone.

Web & Mobile Development for Video References Application

“I don’t know of any other companies in the US that are as good as them.”

Feb. 2018 - Ongoing

My Web Programmer built a web and mobile app, integrating features such as email notifications and live video recording. They’re currently beta testing the products, which should go live within a few months.

Durham, North Carolina
Thomas Massey
CEO, inquireaboutme, inc.

My Web Programmer is inexpensive and does phenomenal work. The apps work as requested, and beta testers only have positive feedback about the functionality and design. The team communicates well and is extremely professional, striving to build a successful product.

I’m the CEO of inquireaboutme, Inc., a social media platform that allows people and organizations to highlight their achievements through video references.

What challenge were you trying to address with My Web Programmer?

We needed a partner willing to do computer programming for a new startup. We needed help with web and mobile app development.

I provided My Web Programmer with blueprints on how the social media should operate, including user accounts and how everything should be interconnected. They used Laravel to build the platform and made it functional according to my specs. It includes email notifications, live video recording, and a complex infrastructure that’s easy for users to interact with. They work with our third-party partners, including RunAsCloud and AWS. We’re currently in beta testing and plan to go live within the next few months.

I mainly interact with the project manager, but there are at least three developers working on our project.

How did you come to work with My Web Programmer?

I did research and looked into numerous companies. I’m personally financing the whole operation, so I needed a financially feasible option. I found My Web Programmer and liked their site, so I read all the reviews I could find. There wasn’t any negative feedback, and they have done phenomenal projects with various companies, so we hired them.

I’ve spent about $11,000 so far. Computer programming is normally quite expensive, but they break down the payments to make it possible.

We’ve been working together since February 2018.

The platform functions as it should and is relatively flawless. I couldn’t be happier with their work. User feedback has been overwhelmingly positive; we haven’t received any negative comments.

How did My Web Programmer perform from a project management standpoint?

We talk almost every day, tracking progress and updating me on any changes. They’re extremely professional and require minimal oversight. We use Trello and email to communicate. They follow directions and make sure the product functions correctly. They seamlessly work with our other partners, doing honest and good work.

Working with them is effective and comfortable; I completely trust their team. We have a great relationship, and we plan on working together long after our product has launched. Their customer service is outstanding, and they want me to be successful. If it wasn’t for them, I wouldn’t have been able to financially support this project.

No, I have nothing negative to say about them. They’re professional, cordial, and foster a friendly relationship.

If you have a complex website infrastructure platform, use My Web Programmer; they’ll be the best value. I don’t know of any other companies in the US that are as good as them.

Overall Score I’m completely satisfied.

Development for a Web Platform

“He delivered more than what I expected.”

Feb. – Aug. 2018

My Web Programmer developed the front- and backend of a web platform to help automate business. They set up the site to have one super admin and his team was assigned as operators to work on the system.

Malaysia
Mailbox Franchise Owner

My Web Programmer successfully understood the understated needs and built upon those needs to deliver a high-quality system that works flawlessly and garners great user feedback. The team excels in thoughtful, detailed development complemented by their personable style that bridged the distance.

I have a mailbox franchise.

What challenge were you trying to address with My Web Programmer?

With e-commerce and how business is being done in the region, I saw great potential to do a web platform, but I didn’t have the expertise.

Previously, we did everything manually. I wanted the ability to be a super admin so that I could assign operators to work on the system and for them to sell products to customers. Mohsin (Product Manager, My Web Programmer) gave us a virtual online system that we can operate from anywhere. Mohsin helped me create the backend of the system.

I will be working with him in the future on developing the website as well as developing the system a little more and then we will take it to market. Currently, it is all web-based, but we have discussed working together to move it to an application once the business starts to pick up within the region.

Mohsin was my primary contact. He has a team behind him as well.

How did you come to work with My Web Programmer?

The budget was a consideration and he was not the first firm that I spoke to. I needed someone who could grasp what I was trying to say without me saying too much. I needed someone who could give me feedback. I gave a few people the same brief, and Mohsin clarified what I needed; it was almost like he was in my head. He immediately grasped exactly what I needed, and I didn’t have to explain too much. I clicked with him from the beginning. He was extremely polite and responsive and that made the decision to work with him easy.

We spent around $7,000.

We worked together on this project from February–August 2018.

The features are spot-on with what we discussed including his input, which was extremely helpful. He delivered more than what I expected. I see a huge potential for the system in the future.

Mohsin spoke about features, and he took things a few steps further. That is one of the reasons I enjoyed working with him. Mohsin put detail and thought into it, which was cool. We haven’t had any issues, and feedback has been great.

How did My Web Programmer perform from a project management standpoint?

I missed a few things initially, but Mohsin clarified them with me and advised me on some of the features in the system that I didn’t see, which was wonderful. It was exceptionally fast. Because of the time zone difference, I expected to wait a week to have meetings and discuss things. With Mohsin and his team, I received all the feedback within the same week, and most of the time it was a surprise. Mohsin was exceedingly efficient. Our main form of communication was email.

I was most impressed with their professionalism and work ethic. For me personally, I appreciated the human factor; they were willing to put themselves in our shoes. I may be just a client halfway across the world, but it felt like they were sitting next to me. They were willing to take a risk. I’m sure it takes a lot of hours to create something like this. They had the human element to sit with me and get the work done as if it was their own project and I loved that.

They are too nice. It isn’t a bad thing. They are young people, and they need to say no more.

They are spot-on and I can’t wait to go back to them.

Trust them. Be 100% transparent with whomever you work with.

Data Scraping Software for Real Estate Group

"They’ve exceeded our expectations and have had a very positive impact on our company."

Oct. 2017 - Ongoing

My Web Programmer built a data mining program that provides daily updates through email. They proved their capabilities with a demo.

Texas, United States
Supervisor, Real Estate Group

My Web Progammer’s expertise left a positive impact. Their patient team translated imprecise instructions into a functioning product, exceeding expectations. They met every deadline and proved very responsive.

I’m a supervisor with a real estate company.

What challenge were you trying to address with My Web Programmer?

We needed to build a software program and lacked the in-house knowledge. We’d worked with a number of firms and freelancers previously, but with unsatisfactory results.

They provided a demo that proved they were capable of accomplishing our goals. From here, they created our data-mining program that collects and stores website data, then sends us a daily report via email.

I coordinated with a primary point of contact and he communicated my needs to his team.

How did you come to work with My Web Programmer?

We found My Web Programmer online and reached out to them and a few other companies based on their positive reviews. Because we’re not well-versed in coding, we were a little hesitant about a potential language barrier in working with a company based in Pakistan, but we haven’t encountered any issues.

We started working together in October 2017 and our relationship is ongoing. The program is complete, but we recently reached out to them to repair a minor glitch.

How did My Web Programmer perform from a project management standpoint?

We haven’t had any issues. They hit every deadline and communicated regularly. We spoke through email, though they offered to use telephone and Skype if we preferred, and they always responded in a timely manner.

We were a difficult client because of our lack of coding knowledge. We couldn’t always articulate our needs. Still, they were patient and able to translate our vague instructions into results.

Everything went as expected or better, so we have no complaints.

It helps to list your requests step by step, to the best of your ability. Failing to accurately describe your needs could result in delays and cost overruns.

Custom Software Development for Tax Office Sign-in company

"[O]nce I shared with them my plans… they were really able to hit the ground running."

June - Oct. 2017

My Web Programmer built a custom software to replace sign-in sheets for tax offices. It’s designed for tablet, but also works on mobile enabling a high degree of flexibility for clients and tax preparers.

Founder, esignmein.com

Feedback has been generally positive to the software thus far. Communication occurred mostly through email, and was often through a single point of contact making the job really simple. The team is leaps and bounds ahead of other developers in terms of their responsiveness and flexibility.

I created a software for tax preparation offices, it is a check-in system designed to replace the sign-in sheets that most offices use.

What challenge were you trying to address with My Web Programmer.

I had drawn up the plans for the software I wanted to create, but had no programming experience. I reached out to multiple development companies to find one to build it.

The software they created replaces the sign-in sheet for tax offices. It’s essentially a questionnaire, and is based on Amazon Web Services. It’s designed specifically to work on tablets. It starts with the client completing the questionnaire.

It also works well on mobile, which is important without having to create a downloadable app or anything of that sort. It remains as a link that can be set to a home page on a kiosk in a lobby or emailed to a client to do on their phone or home computer. There's a lot of flexibility there.

They also designed a signature portion that takes place through a touch screen or the dragging of a mouse, to create paperless documentation going. Another feature, is when tax preparers select their client to and view their information, there is another link that can be displayed continuously in Alibi. When the tax preparer selects that client, it forms a call number system and calls them back.

I had a single point of contact, and that made things very easy for me. It was just one email. He would distribute tasks to the appropriate people.

How did you come to work with My Web Programmer?

I found them through a Google search. It was that simple. Their responsiveness was the primary factor in hiring them. I was surprised at how lax the other companies were at getting back to me, whereas these guys were the opposite. It was quick. They answered with minutes, and we had several phone calls to talk on a more personal level.

About $16,000.

We started working together in June 2017, and the engagement finished last month in October.

Feedback has been tremendously positive from people who’ve seen the software. It’s been really great. Overall, the response so far has been incredible.

How did My Web Programmer perform from a project management standpoint?

We communicated mostly through email because I had written up most of the product already, so it was basically Q&A, but they were very good at responding to those. Having one point of contact and one email made things very simple, not having to go through multiple persons. I would give them an “A” overall, instead of an “A+.” There was a little bit of delay towards the end of the project. But overall, it was very satisfactory.

I would again have to say, their responsiveness. It was leaps and bounds ahead of the other developers as far as time. They were also very flexible. I had written up some wireframes and we changed a couple of things along the way and they adapted well.

We spent quite a large amount of time on the wireframe. However, I don’t know if I would say we need to change that aspect; that may be why things moved faster later on.

Have the program at least written up, even if it's just in PowerPoint or somewhere you can design the layout of the page. Once I provided them this, we got a huge head start. There were no weeks or months of back and forth. They were really able to hit the ground running.

PHP Web Dev & Testing for Digital Recruitment Service

"Their professionalism and responsiveness are the most important qualities of the team."

Feb. - Sept. 2017

My Web Programmer revamped a social media site developed by a previous vendor. The website required fixing large amounts of bugs, PHP skills, and new implementations, including document, video, and image uploading features.

New York City Metro Area, New York
Executive, Social Media Company

The project was executed as expected, instilling confidence in the website's performance. My Web Programmer provided effective product testing, maintained clear, direct communication and delivered timely, professional services.

I am an executive of a social media platform that bridges the gap between professional media and personal social media like Facebook.

What challenge were you trying to address with My Web Programmer?

We had engaged another development company for our social media site, but they were not able to handle all its issues and features. We needed a new partner who could finish all the features, perform testing, and figure out bugs, so we approached My Web Programmer.

My Web Programmer started from the previous developer’s work. There were a number of incomplete and unimplemented features. The site was buggy and nonfunctional—and an overall mess.

The features they had to implement related to the places where people could add assets, whether whose were documents, videos, or pictures. There were many other components, such as making connections between companies.

The site was originally developed in PHP, and they continued working within this framework.

I interfaced directly with the project manager, who was my single point of contact. If I had any issues, I could ask for his advice.

How did you come to work with My Web Programmer?

I believe I saw one of their ads on a developer portal when I was looking for partners.

The cost of their work was $6,000.

I started working with My Web Programmer in February or March 2017. The project was completed in September 2017, but we might continue to work with them for maintenance and new features on an ongoing basis.

My Web Programmer's work gave me a lot more confidence in the website. Before engaging them, I had no confidence in the workings of the site or its features. There were dozens and dozens of issues which hadn’t been implemented or were nonfunctional.

How did My Web Programmer perform from a project management standpoint?

The project manager was extremely responsive and patient, and the team was thorough in terms of development and testing. Response time was within 24-48 hours when I had any bugs or issues. I was also kept on track and reminded of email replies I needed to give.

My previous developer did not know how to test, and this is an issue I’ve seen frequently—people know how to develop a product, but they don’t know how to test it and find issues. My Web Programmer was quite thorough in this regard. Their professionalism and responsiveness are the most important qualities of the team.

I am not sure what they could have done better. I’m satisfied with the work.

Most of the responses were within 24-48 hours of any issues I had. They were able to fix those issues within the stipulated time.
    They charged me exactly what they said. It’s a large website, so the $6,000 cost wasn’t that much.
    They were able to perform thorough testing.

Website Dev for Nutrition Consultancy

"I give them top ratings on their communication skills and professionalism."

Mar. 2017 - Ongoing

My Web Programmer re-developed an existing website for a dietician, improving the overall functionality, look, and design. The website has not launched yet, and they are working on final enhancements.

Ontario, Canada
Owner, Nutrition Consultancy

My Web Programmer has excellent communication skills and their team is very professional. They provided one point of contact who was very responsive, helpful, and friendly. Additionally, they provided a fair quote and value for the money.

I am a dietician and I own a nutrition consulting practice. I have been in practice for about 18 years.

What challenge were you trying to address with My Web Programmer?

I wanted a fresh website and I wanted something that would garner more traffic because I'm trying to develop the digital and virtual aspect of my business now.

They asked me a lot of questions about exactly what I was interested in and they took a lot of time to understand my goals. My expectations were to relay that information and then to have them put together a mock-up that reflected what my vision was, and then to execute it. My expectation was also to make sure the website was structurally and visually up to my standards. The content of the site was my responsibility. SEO was going to be something that they would do at a later date; SEO wasn’t in the scope of the initial platform.

It had been a number of years since I had done a fresh site. I was looking to improve the overall functionality, look, and design of my website. I wanted to be advised on what would make me stand out and what would really garner the interest of potential clients when coming to my website. I wanted a website that was not too busy, but informative enough.

How did you come to work with My Web Programmer?

I went through the different companies on your site, Clutch.co, which was a really great resource, and I would look at their website, and I would go by how they presented themselves on their website. The reviews were helpful too, but I was more interested in what was my impression of their website was. Was the website too busy? Was it too sales-oriented? That is one of the reasons why I picked My Web Programmer.

One of the real testaments to My Web Programmer is the owner; he's extremely attentive, very communicative, and very professional. He was great to work with. He is the main reason that I chose them because he was more professional than anyone else I had spoken to. And I can't remember all the other people I had emailed, but he wasn't pushy and he was understanding and patient.

Less than $10,000.

We began working together in March 2017. We have almost finished everything.

The site isn’t live yet, so I don’t have metrics. We haven’t made it live because I’m not ready yet; I want to add more to the site.

How did My Web Programmer perform from a project management standpoint?

I give them top ratings on their communication skills and professionalism. Meeting deadlines have all been fine. For me, the only thing that would have been more helpful is having milestones explicitly broken down. There was some miscommunication because there was a lack of explanation on the front end on the project.

I had one point of contact, and he was very responsive. Some people can drag their heels about getting back to you, but he was always very responsive.

I liked having comfort in the person that I was working with. I've never spoken to him directly and our communication was all online via email. I had other people that I had spoken to and I just wasn't impressed with them. I ended up taking a gamble and working with someone that I've never even talked to. He was extremely kind, extremely helpful, communicative, and responsive.

A lot of the scheduling stuff was on my end, not theirs.
    Based on quotes I received from other firms, they gave me a really fair quote.
    Having a better understanding of what I would be responsible for would have been helpful on the front end.

Web Application Development for Agricultural Financial Startup

"I am overall satisfied with them."

Dec. 2015 - Ongoing

My Web Programmer currently develops a complex and specialized web app of a farm accounting program based in Excel, including features such as account management, financial analytics, and more.

Minneapolis Metro Area
CEO, Agricultural Financial Startup

My Web Programmer shares updates consistently and hasn't charged extra for changes or added features. They need to improve in asking questions and giving better time estimates. As a client, being specific at the beginning with requirements and providing direction will ensure success with them.

I am the founder of a small business venture that has created a program to help farmers do better financial planning. The program mainly does crop accounting right now. It has a full-blown chart of accounts, a balance sheet, an income statement — your typical financial info — and then it does some farm specific things as well.

What challenge were you trying to address with My Web Programmer?

I hired them to do programming; I basically needed to convert an Excel farm accounting program into a web application.

I wanted a farmer to come into the program, be able to set up their own customized accounting records, and then keep those records from year-to-year with the ability to look back as well as project future cash flows based on their business or what they do with the farm.

I think of it as a one-stop shop for everything. When farmers go and try to get an operating loan for the next year's crops, they would be able to take their balance sheet to show the company's net worth. In conjunction with that, they would have an income statement that would be used for their tax preparation. Then, there is a crop year financial statement so that they can see, in previous years, the crop that is profitable based on expenses for that crop year versus the income generated.

There's also field-level analysis component that determines which crop yielded the best and which one performed the best from a financial perspective.

The majority of the work they’ve been doing is development — converting what I had in Excel over to a web app. They’ve also proposed and added a couple of new features here and there. The most recent one was an account management feature where you can customize your chart of accounts. You can add new categories for capital assets; if farmers want to group all of their tractors together in one account, they can do that now. The same with crops: if farmers decide they want to grow a new crop that they haven't done before, they have the ability now to add it.

We had originally priced out doing a mobile app, but that was outside of my budget at the time we started and still probably is, so we haven't moved forward with that yet. Potentially, if I have the funds for it, we could go mobile it in the future.

The web app is really what I'm planning on marketing. I'm trying to connect with a farm lending service to see if they would be interested in selling my product. I haven’t put a lot of branding into it yet; I’m with the hopes that I sell the functionality of the product.

How did you come to work with My Web Programmer?

I had done Google searches and then reached out to them from a profile website. It looked like they had a substantial number of clients and reviews, and most of it was positive, so we went through an introduction of what they do.

They shared some examples of different apps they had built for other customers, including an invoicing one. It looked like the work was pretty sharp and I was pleased with it; their rates were affordable as well. Ultimately, I decided to go with them.

How much have you invested with My Web Programmer?

So far, I’ve paid them a little bit over $8,000 to do the conversion. They had proposed a higher price but given my financial circumstances, they came down a little bit. I'm hoping not to have to spend too much more for the second phase of development, but there are a couple of imperative features that I need to put in. When it's all said and done, it should be around $14,000 or less.

I've been working with My Web Programmer for 16 months on the development. We were in discussions at the end of 2015, but they didn't start programming anything until February 2016.

Right now, my dad's farm operation is the only customer that I have, and he's using the Excel version of the program since the web app isn't quite ready to go yet. He’s been using it for 3 years.

The framework is definitely there. There's still a little bit of fine tuning and functionality that needs to be built, but they’ve been very good to work with in terms of answering questions and making little tweaks here and there based on my input after I review things. From my standpoint, I know I probably haven't been the best at testing since I've never had live data in there. However, I am overall satisfied with them.

How did My Web Programmer perform from a project management standpoint?

They share updates regularly, whether it's a screenshot or migrating the live data to the website so that I can go in and play with it.

What did you find most impressive about My Web Programmer?

I don’t think there's anything that’s overwhelmingly special or unique.

Are there any areas My Web Programmer could improve?

They need to improve on asking more clarifying questions. There are a lot of times I’ll submit a feature in my Excel program, which I share with them, and they’ll develop it based on what they see. If they have questions, they don't really share those with me all the time. Then, they'll develop something and it's not right when it comes to the testing phase, so we have to rewrite everything. This has been a little frustrating as it has prolonged the project.

Another aspect I would appreciate more clarity on would be with the whole testing phase. I will get an email from them telling me that the changes have been updated or fixed, but it doesn't specify what the programming team had done; I have to go into the program, play around, and guess what they did. I have to retest everything that I had sent them that needed adjustment.

What tips or recommendations could you share that might increase the likelihood of success with My Web Programmer?

Be explicit in what you want, either with a live demonstration or have more organization and clarity upfront in the initial request. That's one area I fell short in because they had some issues with the Excel program, specifically, opening it — there are macros, and they needed some outdated information to be installed before they could really use it.

That part caused some issues, and I had to share screenshots of my Excel program via PowerPoint. Then, we lost some of the features based on what they saw on the PowerPoint versus what was in the Excel program because I failed to connect the dots between the two. There were also a few things in the Excel program that I forgot to include in the PowerPoint or call out specifically, so that caused a little bit of tension at some point as well. If they’re given the direction, they do a great job; without that direction, it's not as high quality.

Overall Score The work is done well and it's affordable. The initial time estimate has been drawn out, but it's a big project and I don't think they realized that. Ultimately, the communication is good and the team seems to have pretty prompt feedback.
    They initially said that the whole application would be done in 6 months; we are at 16 months already and still going. The first phase is complete but the initial time estimate was way off. I think the misinterpreted the scope of the project.
    They haven't really requested more money. We agreed to a set price for the work and they've added a few different features and a couple of dropdown menus or buttons which I didn't have in the Excel program. They haven't really charged more for it.
    Their work is very good but not perfect; there are some spelling errors and formatting issues. We’ve had to make adjustments that wouldn’t be necessary if they would’ve payed attention to detail.
    There’s room for improvement but they’re good overall.