The (un) Agency

My Left Foot is an exciting new (un) agency that is both left brain and right brain. What that means is we use data and analytics on the left, to inform strategic thinking, and insight on the right to generate big ideas.

We adapted our digital chops – anchored deep in human learning principles and honed over many years – to accommodate for an omni-channel sales approach. What makes us better is that at our core, we truly understand thecustomer journey and the path to purchase.  For us, it’s all about disruptive thinking. We find insights, conform them to strategies to engage our audiences.

Our approach to effective advertising starts with truly understanding the business challenge. We want to know everything about your business, and everything you’ve done to make it grow. We dig into your data, analyze your sales channels and audit your marketing activity as we apply our knowledge of the customer journey. This creates new opportunities to amplify your message, find and engage new audiences, and drive conversion opportunities.

It’s the left brain, right brain thing and it works.

What We do:

• Creative Development
  • Digital, OOH, Print

2019
  • Toronto, ON

CAPREIT - One of Canada’s largest residential landlords, CAPREIT is a growth-oriented investment trust located in Canada and The Netherlands.

CORPORATE CATERERS - 30 Franchises across America. Offering catered breakfast and lunches.

KINGS CLUB - Exciting new purpose built rental in Toronto. This is the Liberty of Rental Living.

ERES REIT - European Residential REIT - Multi residential assests in key European markets.

Kings Club - A next-generation, purpose-built rental development in Liberty Village

Kings Club is a development in Liberty Village that offers one, two, and three bedroom suites, with upscale amenities, in-suite laundry, and a rooftop pool.

Marketing Campaign Rollout for Real Estate Firm

“The team is responsive and collaborative, listening to our ideas and incorporating the good ones into our strategy.”

Oct. 2018 - Ongoing

My Left Foot Inc. helped create a company identity and outlined a five-year marketing strategy. They developed components of the company culture and now work on rolling out the plan.

Head of Human Resources, Real Estate Firm

My Left Foot Inc. communicates well and consistently meets deadlines. They have superb execution, developing exactly what was asked for, and the entire team is competent and professional.

I'm the head of human resources for a real estate investment trust that owns and rents multi-residential properties across Canada and Europe.

What challenge were you trying to address with My Left Foot Inc.?

We needed a partner to help us develop a five-year plan and internal strategy.

My Left Foot Inc. took time to understand our objectives, business, and target audience. From there, they created an identity that was fun, exciting, and competitive in our market, making us more transparent with our clients. They not only created identity but also outlined a strategy to help it grow, including the use of video, which our CEO wanted.

Together, we developed three components of our company culture, with a variety of projects and goals under each one so that everyone in the business is aware of our priorities for the next five years. We recently launched our intranet, and My Left Foot Inc. is now helping us roll out the strategy to connect all of our disparate locations across Canada and Europe.

We have one main point of contact and have had up to three people on our team.

How did you come to work with My Left Foot Inc.?

We knew one of the team members.

We’ve spent between $25,000–$55,000.

We partnered in October 2018, and the work is ongoing.

The strategy and three components that My Left Foot Inc. developed have become ingrained in our company culture. We don’t have to proactively push it anymore—everyone just always seems to remember it.

How did My Left Foot Inc. perform from a project management standpoint?

They communicate often and hit all of our deadlines. The team is responsive and collaborative, listening to our ideas and incorporating the good ones into our strategy.

Their execution is phenomenal, and their team is incredibly professional. They deliver what they promise on the date they promised, no matter what.

I’m happy with their work. We look forward to our continued partnership and expanding into different campaigns.

They're strategic and creative, so get them as involved in your project as possible.

Overall Score We've had a positive and excellent partnership.
    They’re responsive and meet deadlines.
    We value the relationship, and the cost is within our budget.
    I'd definitely refer them.

Intranet Web Dev for Real Estate Investment Firm

"I enjoyed working with My Left Foot Inc. because of their ability to listen and provide their expertise."

Jan. - Nov. 2018

My Left Foot Inc. created an intranet with a Sharepoint-based platform to share best communication practices and increase internal collaboration. They led a discovery process and designed the tool as well.

1,000-5,000 Employees

Fernanda Chackery
Director, Organizational Effectiveness, CAPREIT

The solution has deployed and received praise from stakeholders, leading to more work for My Left Foot Inc. The team delivers high-quality development and design work that meets all requirements and deadlines. Their patience, expertise, and adaptability made for a smooth, productive workflow.

I am the director of CAPREIT, a real estate investment trust organization. We have about 1,000 employees spread across Canada, and we also do business in Europe. We manage residential buildings.

What challenge were you trying to address with My Left Foot Inc.?

As a growing organization, communication has always been a big challenge for us. We were spending a lot of time posting and creating ineffective content, both internally and externally. We wanted to identify internal best practices across different operations and to provide a channel for employees to interact with the head office department. This would hopefully give us a better understanding of what was working for the organization and what topics our employees wanted to hear about.

We reached out to My Left Foot Inc. to help implement a communication platform based in SharePoint. The objective of this project wasn’t just to implement SharePoint but to deploy a solution that fits our culture and provides different channels for our employees to communicate amongst each other. It would also allow for corporate messaging and various department heads to promote initiatives, achievements, and best practices.

My Left Foot Inc. helped us define the requirements. They did very intensive interviews with different department heads to understand the type of information they need to manage their day-to-day, including what they want to share and what is essential for them. My Left Foot Inc. assessed our needs by department; following that, they were able to provide a solution for us. The team designed a layout for our intranet and organized this intuitively so that it showcases the culture of our organization and, most importantly, promotes our brand.

Currently, we have an external website. My Left Foot Inc. evaluated the site and mirrored the same look and feel internally, creating a very impressive and consistent flow of what we are posting externally as well as internally. From the beginning, they helped us with several things and were involved in a very hands-on way of training our employees and providing documentation on how to sustain the solution. They also made sure that we have internal promotional activities to ensure that adaption of the new intranet.

We were in direct contact with the director and the account manager. Behind the scenes, there was a larger team with a design and communication specialist as well as technical experts. As the business owner, I really didn’t have a lot of interaction, which made it very easy for me to deploy the solution in our organization.

How did you come to work with My Left Foot Inc.?

We have worked with different organizations before, but My Left Foot Inc. provided a thorough business case that showed they have an understanding of our organization. Their vision for the solution matched what we wanted. It wasn’t just about the implementation and the technology, but also a solution that fits our brand, builds our culture, and provides something exciting for our employees. My Left Foot Inc. was able to grasp on that from the beginning, which is why we went with them.

We worked with them on this project from January–November 2018.

We have currently been using the intranet solution for about four months, and it has been extremely successful. We’re pleased with the results and adoption so far. I oversee the internal communications team, and we are now able to have data and analytics when we launch a campaign or a survey. We can be much more strategic in how we communicate.

The new intranet has also had a good reaction internally. The design makes it easier to collaborate and create internal excitement about events happening in our organization. Using the platform, employees can learn, document events that they attend, and share with other employees organically. Recently, one of our senior executives was promoted; we were able to make a note of that, and a lot of employees left comments directly to this person.

How did My Left Foot Inc. perform from a project management standpoint?

My Left Foot Inc. was very effective. Due to organizational changes on our side, the project took longer than we anticipated. My Left Foot Inc. was understanding and able to adapt so that it didn’t impact the work they were doing much. They maintained the timelines and fulfilled our requirements. They pushed us to accomplish the project even when we had to slow down the project sometimes.

I was delighted with the support My Left Foot Inc. provided. We had weekly meetings at the beginning, and as we were closer to going live, we had 3–4 follow-up meetings a week. However, they were available any time I had an issue or question—we didn’t need to wait for one of our meetings. The team listened to understand what we needed, which helped us incorporate ideas and suggestions into the final plan. The technical people working behind the scenes stayed on top of any bugs through a logging tool, which was a big help for us.

The team demonstrated clear expertise and talent. They understood how to create the look and feel according to our culture, which helped the success of the project. When we were implementing a change, they helped us involve the right people. They attended meetings with our senior executives. They communicated in a language that we all understood regardless of our technical background. My Left Foot Inc. made the project fun and one that everyone wanted to work on. We got the buy-in from our employees even before launching. It was an effortless partnership. My Left Foot Inc. had their expertise, but they also wanted to transfer the knowledge. I currently have ownership of the solution, and I feel capable of maintaining it as well as managing it.

I enjoyed working with My Left Foot Inc. because of their ability to listen and provide their expertise. They listened to our ideas and gave us their suggestions and opinions on whether or not they agreed with our concepts. That gave us a very strong sense of comfort in working with them.

Overall, the relationship was fantastic. My Left Foot Inc. could have been spent more time creating training materials and documentation to help define the internal processes. I know they have the expertise, and we learned as well through discussing and documenting the best practices.

Have those initial conversations. Look at My Left Foot Inc. as a practical and strategic business partner. Share any internal strategies and challenges that you’re experiencing so that they can filter, see, and provide value that can surprise you as a client.

Overall Score We still have a partnership because of the work My Left Foot Inc. has done.
    I never had any major problems. Most of the deadlines and timelines we missed were due to issues on our side.
    Everyone is extremely excited about the solution My Left Foot Inc. provided. The cost justifies the results.
    The quality was outstanding. My Left Foot Inc. was on time and very responsible in keeping their commitment.
    My Left Foot Inc. really cares about what the client wants and providing a solution that meets the client’s requirements.

Branding, Marketing & Research for Catering Franchise

“We're optimistic that the new designs are going to have a significant impact on business overall.”

Apr. 2018 - Ongoing

My Left Foot provides branding, research, and marketing services, including a logo and website redesign, market research, and other marketing collateral.

Miami, Florida
President & CEO, Corporate Caterers

My Left Foot created top-notch branding designs that have been well received and adopted across the company's many franchise units. In addition to the quality of their work, they're also great to work with overall–highly knowledgeable and proactive in communications.

I'm the president and CEO of Corporate Caterers, a breakfast and lunch catering franchise focused on serving businesses.

What challenge were you trying to address with My Left Foot Inc.?

We wanted to grow our sales and franchise units in an increasingly competitive market, so we reached out to My Left Foot for branding and marketing services. It had been 20 years since the company updated its branding materials.

My Left Foot helped rebrand our marketing collateral, including a new logo and website redesign that incorporated SEO best practices. They conducted market research and analysis of both current customers and potential customers we wanted to target, creating solutions to more effectively appeal to the public. They continue to provide other marketing services and regular analytics reporting.

I have two main points of contact but have also worked with up to 10–15 people on their creative and development teams.

How did you come to work with My Left Foot Inc.?

I had a good experience from a previous engagement with them at a different company. They also seemed like the best fit compared to others I found through extensive research.

We've invested about $250,000.

We've been working together since April 2018.

Our franchises across the country have embraced our new branding strategy, investing in updated their collateral based on My Left Foot's designs from their own marketing budgets. Their feedback has been great across the board. We're optimistic that the new designs are going to have a significant impact on business overall.

How did My Left Foot Inc. perform from a project management standpoint?

They're very proactive about communications, keeping us apprised on everything happening through phone, email, and in meetings.

They're very knowledgeable in their field of work and up-to-speed on the latest marketing trends. In addition to their strong communication skills, they're also willing to roll up their sleeves and do whatever it takes to get things done right.

I can't really think of anything. It'd always be nice to pay less, of course.

With any vendor, it's important to conduct thorough research and ensure the relationship is a good fit. Keep in mind that a lower cost provider isn't always the best route; My Left Foot isn't the cheapest on the market, but they offer a great value in my opinion.

They meet most deadlines, but a few delays occur every once in a while.
    We'd always prefer to pay less for marketing services.
    They manage challenges well and deliver high-quality branding designs.
    They've been great overall.