MW2 - Fast2Commerce

Global Magento Solution Partner, aligned to help leading B2B and direct-to-consumer brands produce better results across digital channels.

Our Fast2Commerce™ methodology allows rapid delivery and optimization of global, multi-language B2B and B2C platforms. We are an internationally trusted consultancy, delivering leading digital solutions for brands across the globe.

MW2 has significant expertise helping B2B and B2C brands realize their commerce vision through defining digital strategy, change transformation, business and technical consulting, user experience and creative strategy design and execution, comprehensive engineering and technical expertise, as well as ongoing support through retained services.

Services:

San Jose, CA
  • 2033 Gateway Place, 5th Floor
    San Jose, CA 95110
  • Belarus

Stella&Dot, Tupperware, GAP, Alpinestars, Naturebox, Apple, PaloAltoNetworks, RS Components, PCA Skin, SingPost, Adobe, Hitachi, Granite Construction, Under Amor, Calvin Klein, Levis, JR Dunn Jewelry, LuxAsia, Lee, Wrangler

Magento Dev for Jewelers

"MW2 has done well with handling tight deadlines."

Mar. 2017 - Ongoing

MW2 Consulting has worked on data migration, upgrading to newer Magento versions while making the sites more mobile and user-friendly. They’ve also done customizations and navigation and cart improvements.

Dayton, Ohio
Kara Mangiere
VP of e-Commerce, James Free Jewelers

They’ve kept processes and communication flowing, making sure to stick to the tight deadlines. Their knowledge and expertise with Magento is outstanding, and they treat all their projects the same level of service they would provide a Fortune 500 company.

I am the VP of e-commerce for James Free Jewelers.

What challenge were you trying to address with MW2 Consulting?

I was working in the same industry but for a different organization when I first engaged with MW2 Consulting. I needed to find a Magento development company that was certified with Magento 2 and had plenty of experience with the enterprise edition of it, as well as Amazon Web Services hosting.

I will be taking MW2 through the same process for James Free Jewelers. We’re working on an upgrade project, getting ready for the particular conversion.

In my previous project with them, we were taking Magento 1.9 Community Edition and moving it to an enterprise edition of Magento 2.0, or whatever the latest release was. MW2 Consulting was in charge of a full data migration and completely revamping the style of the site, changing much of its UX to make it more mobile-friendly.

There was a high level of complexity with that particular project, and MW2 delivered well on the development side, following the aesthetic guidelines as well as making a seamless data migration.

With the current project at James Free Jewelers, MW2 is taking us from Magento 1.7 in a shared environment and migrating it to our own hosting domain while upgrading to Magento 1.9, in addition to performing some extension upgrades and customizations to improve the user experience.

One of the big goals we have with this upgrade is to improve the site’s navigation, making it easier to find products and improving overall load time, which needed to be reduced by 80%. MW2 is also implementing various enhancements within the cart in order to make payment and checkout much easier.

There’s some design revamping that needs to be done as well, which they will end up getting involved with later on.

I worked with nine people from MW2 on the previous project. We have communicated through email, phone, JIRA, and Zoom for meetings or shared screen experiences.

How did you come to work with MW2 Consulting?

For the first organization, I interviewed 15 different Magento development companies, looking for groups either in the U.S. or Canada. I had previously only worked with groups in this region, as opposed to outsourcing out of the country. With MW2, I found a nice balance from a cost standpoint; not only did they have the advantage of offshore development, but are also located in the core of where Magento code is being developed.

MW2 brought in people from the development team in Minsk, Belarus. They were involved not just during weekly calls but also spent five days face-to-face with us, working on defining the scope of the project. By the time we got the work going, I was comforted by the idea that our project manager was stateside while the coders were in the Minsk offices.

Between the two projects, when all is said and done, it will definitely be six figures.

I started the initial conversation with MW2 in March 2017 and launched the project in April. They have an ongoing relationship with the company I left, and I’m still involving them with the current project.

I left the previous organization prior to the launch, so I don’t have information of that. We’re currently still working on development with MW2 at James Free Jewelers. I’m very confident that the work they’ve done so far will yield the results we’re looking for.

How did MW2 Consulting perform from a project management standpoint?

They’ve performed well in making sure that processes continue to move forward and at communicating. Like any client, once we decided to go ahead and do something, we wanted it done fast whether it was feasible or not. MW2 has done well with handling tight deadlines.

The thing that stands out the most to me is their focus within Magento; they’ve been on the cutting-edge in terms of application development for large corporations. When looking at them as a vendor, one of our concerns was that we’re not Apple or HP—we’re a small-to-midsized business. However, the attention they paid to our projects, the level of service, and the deliverables we’ve gotten from them have matched those of any Fortune 500 companies they’ve worked with.

They should work on managing our expectations earlier into the project, in terms of setting up a timeline and determining what’s feasible and what’s not. They haven’t been bad at meeting deadlines and usually deliver within a week of when things are due. Sitting back, evaluating the whole scope from the beginning, and allowing themselves to exceed on timing expectations would be an improvement.

Magento Dev for Skin Care Company

"Project management is one of their true strengths—they’re masters at it."

Spring 2012 - Ongoing

MW2 first built and customized a Magento e-commerce website, integrating accounting and ordering. They then transitioned the site from customer service to direct sales and now add features as the site evolves.

Scottsdale, Arizona
Chris McCrory
Former COO, PCA Skin

Customers embraced the online ordering system, leading to a $1 million yearly revenue increase. MW2’s breadth of experience brings crucial innovations to the table with impressive project management. Their long-term partnership speaks to the quality of their work and receptivity to feedback.

PCA Skin is a skin care company. I was the COO. I’m in a different industry now, but I continue to use and refer MW2 since leaving there.

What challenge were you trying to address with MW2?

They developed an e-commerce site for us, which was new for our company. We’d always used a call center to handle order placements, but this wasn’t as efficient for our customers as it could’ve been. It meant they had to wait until we were open or they were between appointments. An e-commerce site would allow them to place orders when convenient for them, and it would enable us to be much more supportive and responsive.

We used the Magento platform and they did all of implementation and customizations. We worked together to develop the scope of the project, and we relied on their expertise to determine how to deploy Magento’s capabilities to provide the best solution for our customers. We only provided the design and the APIs for full integration into our system.

One of the functionalities we really needed was a way to connect people through multiple customer accounts. Our customers were often associated with more than one business. For example, an aesthetician at a medical practice might have a side business of their own but use the same account number for both practices. They needed to order under either capacity at any given time. We wanted to track that and integrate order placement, processing, and our accounting system. They developed a solution for this seemingly unsolvable problem.

I think there was a total of five on the team including the project manager and head engineer.

How did you come to work with MW2?

We started off with a basic internet search. We were looking for strong developers with good e-commerce experience, and we ultimately found them through a LinkedIn search.

I know that our initial investment was $250,000. For the second phase, I think it was another $300,000 or $400,000. I’m not sure what it is currently.

We started the project in spring 2012. We began a second phase in early 2014 to transition the site from serving our customer base only to selling directly to consumers.

I spoke with the person leading the consumer side a month ago, and she said the project is ongoing as the site evolves and they implement new features.

Customers loved the flexibility the site provided and really appreciated how much easier it made their lives. This proved to be an incredibly lucrative move for us. Customers that started ordering online instead of by phone increased overall revenue by about $1 million a year. It was a huge win.

How did MW2 perform from a project management standpoint?

Project management is one of their true strengths—they’re masters at it. They come in and guide the project along expertly. I learned a lot about project management from them and actually apply it in my current work.

They were incredibly responsive when we had issues with the website or the Magento backend. It didn’t matter what time of day or day of the week it was, even on holidays: They were available.

We communicated a lot via email and phone with the project manager and had weekly status calls via Skype.

I really appreciated their breadth of their experience. They offered solutions and options that we wouldn’t have considered but that truly met our specific business needs.

The fact that they’ve enjoyed such a long, positive relationship with PCA Skin speaks to the quality of the work they’ve done from the beginning. The consumer lead I spoke with mentioned how pleased they are with the progress they’ve made together.

The only issue, which is a challenge no matter what, was translating the nature of our business for them. We had to do a lot of educating at times about the nuances of the business: why a given solution wouldn’t work in our particular situation. While this is somewhat of a complaint, I recognize that it just comes with the territory.

That said, whenever we addressed such obstacles over the course of the project, they quickly fixed things and moved on. They were willing to learn from our feedback and make improvements right away, which is one reason the relationship continues five years later.

Overall Score They helped us create significant value that paid for itself within a year. I recently asked for their opinion on a client issue and received two pages of possible solutions. You just don’t get that from most companies.
    Besides the occasional delay due to the international factor, they hit deadlines. They gave us advance notice if they would miss a deadline for any reason.
    It wasn’t inexpensive, but there’s no way we could’ve accomplished what we did on our timeline without them. The cost would’ve been two to three times higher according to quotes from other vendors.
    The reason it’s not a five is that their team is in Belarus, so we sometimes had narrow windows to interact with their development team. Other than that it was great.
    I recommend them to this day, especially for anyone using Magento or working on a tough development problem.