Atlanta Web Design

Atlanta Web Design, SEO, and Social Media Marketing company based in the heart of Atlanta (West Midtown District).

Freelancer
2007
Atlanta, GA
  • Mr. Technique, Inc.
    1040 West Marietta St NW
    Atlanta, GA 30318

Treat Your Feet, Turf Solutions Group, Regal Restoration & Consulting, Atlanta Peach Movers, Norred & Associates

Auxillary Web Design & Development for Moving Company

"They complete projects quickly without sacrificing quality."

May 2014 - Ongoing

Mr. Technique modernized an aging HTML-based Java site, updating the code and adding new features. They took over the redesign phase from another company, and continue to provide tech support.

Manager, Atlanta Peach Movers

They work quickly and efficiently at highly affordable rates, often completing projects in less than 24 hours. In-person meetings help outline large-scale projects, and they're easy to reach by phone or e-mail. They proactively highlighted security vulnerabilities and improved safeguards.

I’m a manager with Atlanta Peach Movers, the largest locally-owned moving company in Georgia.

What challenge were you trying to address with Mr. Technique?

We call them anytime we need web development assistance. One project of note was the modernization and redesign of our website.

We initially contacted them to update the coding of our aging HTML Java-based website.

They built online forms that allow potential customers to detail their moving requirements. Our sales representatives are then alerted by e-mail and provide a quote based on the information provided. They also added several web pages that include video and photo content.

While we hired a separate company to redesign and redevelop the site, we ultimately parted ways and decided to give the entire project to Mr. Technique. They helped us migrate to their servers and have already made a number of changes, correcting issues they felt needed to be addressed. Most importantly, Mr. Technique added a number of security features to prevent unauthorized web access.

They’ve helped on a number of smaller projects, as well, and are always available if any small issues arise.

I normally work with Tom [Nguyen, Founder, Mr. Technique]. We pay a monthly retainer that allows me to call him directly with any tech issues or requests.

How did you come to work with Mr. Technique?

We ran a Google search for web developers in the Atlanta area. Out of the five we contacted, Tom was the first to get back to us. His business management ideas are also similar to our own, so we thought it would be a great fit.

Less than $10,000.

We started working together in May, 2014 and our relationship is ongoing.

From an aesthetic point of view, the designs are certainly an improvement. We’re still in the process of training our sales team to use the new features, so we don’t yet have any data on that front.

How did Mr. Technique perform from a project management standpoint?

For a big project, Tom comes in for a face-to-face meeting so we can hash out the details. He then creates a Basecamp profile and keeps me updated regularly.

He’s quick to respond by e-mail or phone, and usually completes smaller tasks within a 24-hour period.

They complete projects quickly without sacrificing quality.

None.

We've never set any firm deadlines, but they always meet my expectations.
    They’re very affordable compared to other vendors.
    They’re easily accessible and work quickly.
    I’ve already recommended them.

Web Redesign, SEO, & Content Creation for Insurance Company

"Let Tom do his thing, and trust what he says."

Mar. 2013 - Ongoing

Mr. Technique Inc redesigned a website for an insurance restoration company. They provided SEO services, content creation, email signatures, and animation images to strengthen online presence.

11- 50 Employees

Marietta, Georgia
Paul Nolan
CEO, Regal Restoration and Consulting, LLC

The website generates 5 inquires a week: a direct result of Mr. Technique Inc's work. Mr. Technique Inc's trustworthiness and clear expectation setting ensured a smooth project delivery. The success of the initial redesign has resulted in additional work and an ongoing professional relationship.

Regal Restoration and Consulting is an insurance restoration company specializing in roofing in the Atlanta area. My name is Paul Nolan, and I am the CEO and founder of the company.

What challenge were you trying to address with Mr. Technique Inc?

We wanted to create a stronger online presence; when existing customers researched us online and came to our website, they would see us as a formidable operation. When I see a bad website and few reviews, I will judge the company based on it, and I didn’t want people to do that to us.

We also wanted them to help us create content, and design an online presence which would lead to more traffic than what we were getting before employing their services. We wanted to reach the first page for the “atlas chalet shingles” term within metropolitan Atlanta, drive more traffic and create a formidable, respectable online presence.

I pay them for a number of services related to internet technology, within my business. I employ people who can be as old as 55, who don’t know how to set up an email signature. Mr. Technique has set up all of our email accounts and signatures. They also designed our website and performed SEO.

I didn’t provide them any documentation initially. We did provide some pictures, and, even though they required more, I was too busy to really focus on this. They took it upon themselves to identify problems, come up with a design and website layout, identify pictures and research content based on the conversations had with me, about what we did and what we wanted. My website and everything related to online technology is all a result of their work.

We have a thunderstorm animation on the site, complete with rain and lightning. They also came up with our dropdown boxes, for “Meet the Team”, “Work”, “Atlas Chalet Need-to-Know” and “Reviews” pages. We donate 1% of our quarterly net profit to sick children, and this is highlighted through a popup which appears after someone has been on a page for a few seconds.

I worked directly with Tom Nguyen, their founder, and we communicated about once a week. He respected the fact that I’m extremely busy, and it’s difficult to find 15 minutes for a conversation. I was asked about what we did, what we wanted, and what type of customer we needed to attract, after which Tom performed plenty of independent research on my industry. He put together the web page, for the most part, without my involvement.

How did you come to work with Mr. Technique Inc?

I was referred to them by a real estate firm. I also looked at a couple of other providers, but I didn’t trust them. They had higher pricing, and I didn’t feel we would get the same value there, as we would from Mr. Technique. I’d seen some of their previous work, and it was top-notch.

The total cost over 5 years has been $40,000. We spend $7,000 to $8,000 per year.

We started working with Mr. Technique in March 2013. We have ongoing work with them.

We receive inquiries 5 times per week through the website. Tom always follows up with those, making sure we’ve received them. All of those leads are pretty much a direct result of Mr. Technique’s work.

The site looks great and is easy to navigate.

How did Mr. Technique Inc perform from a project management standpoint?

They’ve performed remarkably well. I trust Tom, and, when he says he will do something, he does it. When I’m given estimates of results I can expect, the actual results will usually fall within those estimates. Mr. Technique is accountable, reliable and responsible, which is unlike my other experiences in the IT industry, or within my professional or personal life overall. Most people talk a lot, but their follow-through will be sub-par at best; Mr. Technique’s is not.

I’ve run online businesses for almost 10 years, so I’ve built websites with companies and freelancers. Prior to Mr. Technique, no one had met our goals, namely to have a respectable website which could drive online traffic and come up to the first page. I have dealt with a number of SEO specialists and web designers; in my experience, I didn’t come to trust them. I am solicited daily—either via email or phone call—by someone who specializes in the same services as Mr. Technique, and I don’t even bat an eye. I’ve been burned too many times in the past by people who promised the moon and the stars, and who set expectations they couldn’t meet.

I trust Mr. Technique's billing, and I know that we won’t be overcharged. In my business, people whom I can trust 100% don’t come very often. Mr. Technique will let me know if they can or can’t do something, and what I can expect from them, from a price and results standpoint. They’re always spot-on.

Let Tom do his thing, and trust what he says. This is the best advice I have.

Overall Score It’s been a great relationship in every capacity.
    Mr. Technique is significantly more cost-effective than anyone I’ve ever talked to or used.
    Based on their trustworthiness and accountability.
    I refer them all the time.

Web Design, Marketing & SEO for Periodontal Office

“[Mr. Technique Inc.] make the project realistic as [they] under promise and over deliver.”

April 2010 - Ongoing

Mr. Technique Inc. provides web development, marketing, and SEO services, focusing their efforts on reviews and digital content. The updated website can now receive reviews and customer information.

Dr. Gordon C. Fraser III
Owner, Conyers Denture & Implant Center

As a one-man team, they provide direct, personal service, with responsive communication, excellent commitment to deadlines, and very reasonable prices. The business now receives 10 to 15 new customers per month, many of whom found it through an online search.

I am a periodontist in Atlanta, Georgia. I have a business called Conyers Denture and Implant Center.

What challenge were you trying to address with Mr. Technique Inc.?

We wanted to raise our profile and communicate about business and product, customer service, and our pricing. We had a website already, but it was outdated and needed updating.

I have some knowledge of online marketing and SEO so we talked through the plans. Tom [Founder, Mr. Technique Inc.] put together a package based on the discussion, including time frames and expectations. He explained that as we gain reviews, put together videos, and post them, we will gain recognition and a first-page presence for our website.

He has created our website and is marketing our business through Google reviews and using Google AdWords. Patients can now use the website to give reviews. They can also go online and fill out their initial paperwork. They have don’t have to print it off and bring it in; instead, they can submit online.

Tom is our sole contact.

How did you come to work with Mr. Technique Inc.?

I found Tom through a contact whose website I liked. We talked and I explained what I wanted. I looked at other companies but what I liked about Tom was he was a solo practitioner at the time, so I felt he would give me one-to-one interaction.

We have spent between $15,000 and $20,000.

I’ve been working with them for 7 or 8 years.

We get 10 to 15 new patients a month, specifically because of the website. We get a lot of our patients organically from online and word of mouth. I’m very pleased with that and, so far, everything that we’ve discussed and planned has come to fruition.

How did Mr. Technique Inc. perform from a project management standpoint?

Excellent. Tom follows up and keeps the schedule. He makes the project realistic as he under promises and over delivers. Often, in the tech world, it’s the opposite.

We communicated via email and phone calls once a week over the course of the project, and I still talk to him once a month. I get instantaneous feedback and contact from him, whether positive or negative.

He’s down to earth and doesn’t press to make you want to do the work. He gives you an opportunity to make an educated decision as to whether or not his services are right for you. He lays it out and tells you what it’s going to take to make it happen.

I think he should charge more, based on what other companies are charging, and the results that I’ve seen. I’ve paid three times what he charges me with the same results.

Do you have any advice for potential clients?

Sit down with Tom in person if possible. When you're doing a project like this, it’s important to create a personal relationship. Things don’t always go as planned and when you have a personal relationship, you can get through those tough times.

Overall Score I’ve worked with at least 4 to 5 other companies and Mr. Technique Inc. is far and away the best.
    He has yet to miss a deadline.
    I think he should charge more money.
    He has never let me down and is open and honest so my expectations are where they need to be.
    I’ve referred him to several people.

SEO, Social Media, Web Redesign & PPC for Cosmetic Company

“He’s the type of person who wants to have personalized relationships with his clients.”

Sept. 2014 - Ongoing

Mr. Technique took over full provisions of website design, SEO, and social media services after a previous vendor failed to deliver.

Will Ho
Owner, Treat Your Feet

Mr. Technique’s efforts have increased website traffic to 9,000 visits per month for one website, and expanded business by 40% for another. A strategic approach, reliable communication, and dedication all continue to impress. Adaptability and customer service are also notable assets.

I’m the owner of Treat Your Feet Massage.

What challenge were you trying to address with Mr. Technique?

I wanted to increase traffic and customers on my website. I had a vendor already, but they weren’t doing their job. I felt like they didn’t care about their customers.

I was working with a company for my website at my Treat Your Feet, Doraville location. At that time, I didn’t want Tom [Owner, Mr. Technique] to handle my website because he was already doing my SEO. I started a new business called Treat Your Nails, which Tom did a fantastic job managing both the website and SEO for. I see a lot of positive results coming from that, and also from my second Treat Your Feet store in Buckhead.

After about a year of garnering positive results, I asked Tom to take over my Doraville location website, and I dropped my other vendor. He’s now my only vendor for all of my websites, SEO, and social media services.

Initially, he created the Treat Your Nails website. I asked him to make me something nice that would bring in more business, and also to handle my social media. I can email him pictures to use on the website.

Keywords are important in bringing traffic to my business, and he’s done a great job at increasing organic SEO to all three of my websites. We stopped doing PPC because it wasn’t bringing in any results.

How did you come to work with Mr. Technique?

I found him on Google, and was very intrigued by his bio. I immediately wanted to bring him on board, so I called him up, but he rejected me. I called a second time, and he told me he was too busy. So, I called a third time, and my persistence finally paid off. I had looked at other companies, but Tom was my number one pick by far. His portfolio and description were both really good, and his website was also attractive. It made me want to stay on the page so I could read about his work. Everyone knows that a good website engages visitors for a longer amount of time.

I’ve spent over $50,000, but it’s been worth every penny. He’s made me 100 times more than what I’ve paid him.

We started working together in 2014, and the relationship is ongoing.

We started off with zero visits with a brand-new website, but we’re now up to 8,000–9,000 visits per month. The results speak for themselves, and I’ve definitely seen an influx of new customers since I started working with him. My Buckhead location has been open for 1.5 years, and I’m already ranked number one for body and foot massage in the area. I’m not sure if it’s because of him, my branding, or the fact that I’ve been open for so long, but my original location is also doing 40% better. It’s hard to pinpoint, but I know a lot of people find me via Google or other places online.

How did Mr. Technique perform from a project management standpoint?

He’s very personal, and he guides me through the entire process because he knows I’m not a technical person. We have more of a bond than a working engagement, which isn’t a common thing with website designers. Usually, it’s a big company, and they just tell their clients to email them if they need changes. It’s different with Tom because I feel like I can reach him by phone anytime. He’s all about customer service, and we speak at a minimum once every week. We mainly communicate via phone calls.

He works in a timely fashion, and he’s responsible. He doesn’t make promises that he knows he can’t go through with, and he always puts forth his best effort. I appreciate that kind of honesty, and I trust him when he tells me he’s worked on something. He’s done a phenomenal job with the content even though I didn’t give him much to work with.

No. Somebody as good as him could be making millions of dollars, but he’s the type of person who wants to have personalized relationships with his clients. He’s happy with his work, and he just wants to make his customers money. That’s a very rare approach to have.

Do you have any advice for potential clients of Mr. Technique?

Be persistent. He’s not going to take on new customers because he’s so busy right now, but it wouldn’t hurt to contact him. If he doesn’t feel like he’s fit for a project, he won’t take it on. He doesn’t care how much money it is.

Overall Score I'd give him a 10 if I could.
    If I tell him I want to run a special on Friday, he will have it done by that Friday. He doesn’t lag on anything.
    He is not the cheapest, but for the quality of work that he does, it’s a definite 5 for me.
    He’s willing to answer phone calls anytime. He’s very fast about making requested changes to the website.
    Definitely. However, he hasn’t taken anyone I’ve referred to him because he’s so busy.

Inital Web Design and SEO Services for Golf Course Developer

"They have a high level of integrity, which is refreshing."

Aug 2006 - Ongoing

As part of an 11-year partnership, Mr. Technique designed a website to capture user information and drive service inquiries. They’ve completed six upgrades and now provide SEO support.

11- 50 Employees

Peoria, Illinois
Founder, Turf Solutions Group

The site generates 80% of total income. They intuitively translate design preferences into desired outcomes. Their economical billing methods, reliable communication, and technological agility have secured their role as long-term development partners, in spite of constant competitor solicitation.

I am the owner of two companies, Turf Solutions Group and BigShots Golf. Both are headquartered in Illinois. We design and build sports fields, complexes, and facilities of all types, both indoor and outdoor. Sports include baseball, football, soccer, softball, lacrosse, cricket, and golf.

What challenge were you trying to address with Mr. Technique?

We were trying to develop an online presence to further our message and capture service inquiry information. We also wanted to enhance our SEO [search engine optimization] in addition to using Google AdWords. The business problem was to create a website with these objectives in mind.

I provided pictures and some direction Mr. Technique took it from there. They designed the website to direct visitors to our inquiry section. It captures information from prospects about what projects they have and whether we can assist with them. We call these “fast quotes.” Capturing this information is still the goal after 11 years.

I would say that 50% of the design detail came from our input, and Mr. Technique provided the rest. From there, we went into prototyping, and they would generate the website on their test server.

We implemented picture libraries, which are important in our business to show off projects we’ve completed in different categories. They help us convey customer satisfaction in those projects. Mr. Technique did a good job of displaying pictures with captions. We have a few testimonials on our site, as well as a number of project profiles and a video section.

I think that Tom, their principal, has an extra resource or two now, but he’s generally been my main contact. I believe he created the graphic elements himself.

The process is the same for both companies. We have phone sessions since Tom is based in Atlanta and we’re in Illinois. He’s visited our office, but, generally speaking, we work remotely. We use Skype to talk about ideas, the direction we want to take, and our goals and objectives.

We receive weekly updates for the work in the form of links to the test server. We can review those by phone and email, back-and-forth. We also discuss the SEO work on a monthly basis, along with any related billing.

How did you come to work with Mr. Technique?

I knew Tom through an acquaintance in Atlanta and called him to see if he’d be interested in a project I had. I talked to a couple of local groups, and one was too busy to support us at that time.

It ultimately came down to the referral I got for Mr. Technique, and to the difference in rates. Tom had a 30% lower cost-per-hour than the other party, and I knew that I’d need support for several years if the relationship worked out.

Across the whole time period, the cost of their work has been $50,000–$100,000. For comparison, I’ve spent around $750,000 in the same time period on Google AdWords.

We started working with Mr. Technique around August 2006, when we began work on the turf website. Since then, we’ve gone through about six website upgrades. I haven’t used anyone else for website development in the last 11 years.

Eighty percent of our revenue is a direct result of the website that they built. That also correlates directly to our AdWords spend and the small amount of SEO work Mr. Technique handles for us.

We look at our analytics and Google AdWords status closer than $100 million companies. I want to know where users are going, what they’re doing, why, and what it costs me per visit. We also look at data like bounce rates and make monthly improvement goals accordingly. Our internal analytics team member works directly with Tom on specific changes to enhance overall site performance.

How did Mr. Technique perform from a project management standpoint?

Tom is reliable, meets his deadlines and stays within budget. I’ve never questioned one of his bills in the entire time we’ve worked together. I can’t say it will never happen, but I’ve never done it so far, even though my two-person accounting department questions bills every day.

It’s easier for me to communicate via email because of my hectic schedule, but Tom can call me at any time, and vice versa. He’s always been a reliable communicator.

Tom’s generally been able to understand my thinking and design flow preferences and has followed them methodically. By year three of our partnership, Mr. Technique became so familiar with my thought process that I could simply ask them to create something I liked. The graphics and animations they provided were all theirs, and not my own.

They have a high level of integrity, which is refreshing. Tom’s not a “yes man.” He’s been nothing but open and honest with our entire company. I’ve never had anyone bill in increments like him. He bills for a tenth of an hour if it only takes six minutes. I appreciate that, especially compared to my attorneys and accountants who bill me $350 for a single phone call.

He’s not only honest with his billing rates, but also with his level of knowledge. It’s difficult for vendors to admit when they’re not familiar with a process. Years ago, when Tom didn’t know much about PHP or Java, he told me so but promised to research them, and he never billed me for that time. He gives me alternatives when he can’t figure something out.

With around 40 employees and $10 million in revenue per year, we’re not a huge company. That’s one reason Mr. Technique is a good fit for us.

No. In fact, they’ve held my rate at the same level for eight years now. I was an early customer, but I’ve never made it a prerequisite for working together. They’ve since raised their rates with other customers, but I’d say they’re still worth more than they charge.

I would recommend that they price the project with another party, just to see how much better their cost-to-value ratio is compared to the majority of vendors. Working with them is a pleasant experience, and I would recommend it to anyone.

Overall Score I get contacted by their competition all the time, but I’ve only ever use them for development.
    Tom has been reliable, a good communicator, and fundamentally sound in proper project management.
    They’re undervalued at this point, in my view.
    They’ve always produced exactly what we asked for, in the time and budget we asked for.
    I have. Anyone who asks me gets their information.